Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans Survey

oilers61

Practice Squad
Bring back the Houston Oilers!

But in the real world, red hat's, red jerseys, white pants with steel blue trim would work. Just not those shiny, metallic red helmets that looked like the players were wearing giant Christmas tree baubles on their heads.

The name Texans is crap also.

It's hard not to see this proposed makeover as a typical loser franchise move. And look at the mess Jacksonville and Cleveland got into with that. The Falcons botched theirs with that all black travesty.

Perhaps this makeover should extend to the teams ownership.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
A new set of field duds wouldn’t become a reality until the 2024 season at the earliest…..which may be the perfect time if the right HC is hired and Caserio nails down another solid draft class.

Come 2024, the new HC would be coaching his second season, and Caserio would have 2.5 drafts on the field as veterans and full draft number three suiting up for the 2024 season….not to mention, the veteran FA’s that would be added in 2023 and 2024.

Could be the right time for new uniforms.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
I didn't care for Apollos but I did like the idea of trying to embrace the "Space City" element here. Once you get past the energy sector and the oil connection that's the next closest thing Houston has to an identity and it aligns with the other two major sports teams here. Astros, Rockets, __________.

"Texans" is generic crap.
Houston Cosmos
All Black Helmets, no logo.
Gun metal grey jersey
Black pants
Bullpen becomes Black Hole

Swag for purchase would be black/gun metal grey with simple white letter H in a custom font.

Last edited:

michaelm

vox nihili
This is probably more of a hint than that…
View attachment 11498

View attachment 11499
Definitely dropping hints.

I'm a life long Houstonian who collected every Chronicle and Post sports section during Love Ya Blue.
But at this point I've moved on from the name Oilers and any adoption of the color scheme.
Having said that, I'll probably come to like it if they do it. But right now, meh

Mangler

Toro de España
Definitely dropping hints.

I'm a life long Houstonian who collected every Chronicle and Post sports section during Love Ya Blue.
But at this point I've moved on from the name Oilers and any adoption of the color scheme.
Having said that, I'll probably come to like it if they do it. But right now, meh
I hear ya. But I’ll be honest with you, I absolutely hate all of those tacky concept uniforms the fans have came up with. I don’t want no white or red helmets and hope they do away with the white pants! The concept logos have all been atrocious as well. Leave the logo alone cause all those ideas are just disgusting. I’d welcome the Oiler color scheme with open arms over those ugly arse red-white unis with red helmets.

oilers61

Practice Squad
I would welcome back the Oilers name, logo and uniforms in a heartbeat.
I know many fans don't want anything to do with the Adams family years, understandably, but the Oilers belong to more than just one man. They belong to the fans who supported that team for decades.
Imagine the first game of the season, MNF at home under the lights, the return of the prodigal son. It would be Field of Dreams stuff !
But I am not so sure about remaining as the Texans but using Oilers colours. That feels half assed, for me it's all or nothing.

djohn2oo8

All Pro
I would welcome back the Oilers name, logo and uniforms in a heartbeat.
I know many fans don't want anything to do with the Adams family years, understandably, but the Oilers belong to more than just one man. They belong to the fans who supported that team for decades.
Imagine the first game of the season, MNF at home under the lights, the return of the prodigal son. It would be Field of Dreams stuff !
But I am not so sure about remaining as the Texans but using Oilers colours. That feels half assed, for me it's all or nothing.
A6D4756A-E64D-4735-AE73-90CD34CA7CBC.jpeg

what if it looked like this?

oilers61

Practice Squad
View attachment 11521

what if it looked like this?
Yes that looks great. But for me anyway, what I really want is the Oilers name and history back in Houston.

For goodness sake, Tennessee ditched it because it means nothing to the fans there. It's time it came home.

But I am not sure about the Texans looking like an Oilers tribute act. If the name/history is not on the table, I would keep everything as it is with one exception. Make the helmets white, as they were originally going to be. That would be a bit different from the current look that I have always thought was too much like the Chargers/ Broncos/ Bears.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
If they go with that shade of H-Town blue in that old police car photo, that's fine by me. Just change from steel blue to H-town blue and leave the rest be. White helmets though, with red and blue racing stripes. Keep the bull as it is.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
If they go with that shade of H-Town blue in that old police car photo, that's fine by me. Just change from steel blue to H-town blue and leave the rest be. White helmets though, with red and blue racing stripes. Keep the bull as it is.
I like the helmet that has the horns on the side instead of the bull.

Htownrocket

Practice Squad

Is it weird that all of a sudden these Oiler hats show that the Oilers were established in 2002?

Thinking: Wasn’t that the year the Texans were established?

Maybe just a mistake?

(Saw this topic on Reddit)
Like I said in another thread they're keeping it a secret the Oilers are coming back That would be a hell of a pleasant surprise lol

Htownrocket

Practice Squad
Does anyone think that's it's possible that we are getting the Oilers branding back and the Adams family has soften their stance on it?

Something is going on because there seems to be more Oilers gear available to purchase around Houston these days maybe they're testing the waters!

michaelm

vox nihili
Does anyone think that's it's possible that we are getting the Oilers branding back and the Adams family has soften their stance on it?

Something is going on because there seems to be more Oilers gear available to purchase around Houston these days maybe they're testing the waters!
I find it hard to believe, but it does seem like it might be within the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

Htownrocket

Practice Squad
I find it hard to believe, but it does seem life or might be within the realm of possibility
The only thing that's preventing us from getting our team back is the Adams family ego! I hope the NFL is putting pressure on them to let us have the branding back. It's just petty. :(

Texan Asylum

Hall of Fame

Is it weird that all of a sudden these Oiler hats show that the Oilers were established in 2002?

Thinking: Wasn’t that the year the Texans were established?

Maybe just a mistake?

(Saw this topic on Reddit)

I just noticed this post this morning, and I do think it’s rather intriguing that that hat has them established in 2002…the same year the Texans came to be.

Inquiring minds want to know…

wildroot

Rookie
Do Baltimore fans wish the Ravens would go back to Colts colors?

I don’t know why Houstonians are so fixated on the Oilers. Get over it already. Just like the Ravens are not the Colts, the Texans are not the Oilers.
I think it would be different if Tennesse had kept the Oiler name, but they chose to be the Titans leaving the Oiler name kind of languishing out there without a home.
Indy kept the Colts name, the Rams kept the Rams when they moved to St.Louis, the Raiders were always the Raiders, but when the Titans changed their name, they rejected the Oiler name, it's proud history; we won the first 2 Championships, lost in double O/T in the 3rd one.
A bunch of us grew up with the Oilers, our Dad's took us to our 1st Oiler game, old memories from a different time when we were kids, rehashing the game on Monday morning at breakfast before school with our parents and brothers and sisters...for many when our parents were still alive...but make no mistake, we're now Texan fans, but to me and many others, the Oilers will always be in our DNA. I'd change their name and put them in Columbia blue in a heartbeat if I could, can't help it....I can still see Tim blocking for Earl! Bum, Dante, Kenny, and Billy doin' his dance, Curly, Elvin and Carl, Dr. Doom, Warren, Drew and Ernest, Bruce and Munch, I can see 'em all.
Yeah, I ain't scared to say it, the Oilers are in my blood, nothing can change that.
But it's a new day, a new team and we're all behind our Texans 100%, but try not to get so twisted when some of us older fellas on occation get a little teary-eyed about our Oilers.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I think it would be different if Tennesse had kept the Oiler name, but they chose to be the Titans leaving the Oiler name kind of languishing out there without a home.
Indy kept the Colts name, the Rams kept the Rams when they moved to St.Louis, the Raiders were always the Raiders, but when the Titans changed their name, they rejected the Oiler name, it's proud history; we won the first 2 Championships, lost in double O/T in the 3rd one.
A bunch of us grew up with the Oilers, our Dad's took us to our 1st Oiler game, old memories from a different time when we were kids, rehashing the game on Monday morning at breakfast before school with our parents and brothers and sisters...for many when our parents were still alive...but make no mistake, we're now Texan fans, but to me and many others, the Oilers will always be in our DNA. I'd change their name and put them in Columbia blue in a heartbeat if I could, can't help it....I can still see Tim blocking for Earl! Bum, Dante, Kenny, and Billy doin' his dance, Curly, Elvin and Carl, Dr. Doom, Warren, Drew and Ernest, Bruce and Munch, I can see 'em all.
Yeah, I ain't scared to say it, the Oilers are in my blood, nothing can change that.
But it's a new day, a new team and we're all behind our Texans 100%, but try not to get so twisted when some of us older fellas on occation get a little teary-eyed about our Oilers.
You do a good job of mentioning the good times with the Oilers and yes those were some great times. However, you failed to mention the dark days of back to back 1-13 seasons, Ed Hughes and Bill Peterson, Chuck Studley and Ed Biles. 35-3 and 28-20. Buddy Ryan face punching Gilbride, Ladd Herzeg mooning a wedding Party, Bud Adams...

Love your Oiler memories, but please don't infect the Texans with their name and colors.