Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Oakland Raiders. 9/14. 3:25. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

I think we got lucky in that in the two times the ball hit the carpet today, we came up with both of them. Things didn't have to bounce our way. The INT was a damn good play.

We've had plenty of games where the ball didn't bounce our way.... let's enjoy it when it does
:smiliedance:

I think we got lucky in that in the two times the ball hit the carpet today, we came up with both of them. Things didn't have to bounce our way. The INT was a damn good play.

And our guys dislodged the ball both times. Sometimes you create your own luck.

I don't think you are giving Oakland nearly enough credit. It takes effort to suck this bad.

This might be one of the best games we've seen for a very long time. Lots of things could even be considered perfect. Yet there is so much complaining on here.

The Raiders are moving the ball at will? Well they have 0 points, no FG attempt and a lot less time of posession than us. Oh, we lucked out on TOs? You don't luck out on TOs, you force them. And we did a great job of forcing them and we did a great job of taking care of the football ourselves.

Our O is predictable/conservative? We are running a lot on first and second down because we are a running team. We are playing to our strength while milking clock. That doesn't always work, but so far we are doing a pretty good job at it. Oh, and we also have 2 TD passes, one of them to our DE - so much for conservative.

After a 2-14 season I really expected a little more good will towards our team...

That's the thing though. I trust Foster getting us out of safety range and Lechler to put the ball in a great spot much more than trying to draw up something creative for Fitz.

I start to feel better about that strategy at 24-0 than at 17-0. In reality, the Raiders have been winning the battles on both sides of the line play since at least the middle of the second quarter. We probably shouldn't count on the Raiders constantly shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers.

That said, if the only alternative to a vanilla/conservative run-run-pass play calling is to have Fitz slinging it around, then I guess I'll take vanilla at this point.

This might be one of the best games we've seen for a very long time.

After a 2-14 season I really expected a little more good will towards our team...

I think some of us are used to bad things happening. 14 losses can take a toll on one's fandom.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 31s

Johnathan Joseph is walking to the locker room. Not sure what it is. He was laughing the whole way.

When your QB, especially a guy like Fitz, doesn't have to scramble, you know your protection is good.
Then the running game is working.
The special team doesn't make a mistake.
The defense doesn't allow any point.

I can get use to that.

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 31s

Johnathan Joseph is walking to the locker room. Not sure what it is. He was laughing the whole way.
J-Jo might just be gassed. I know he said he was last week. Maybe he's going in for a IV

Back