Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

houston sportsradio

Who is replacing all of these guys?
Sean Pendergast is moving to mornings with Seth. Lopez and Landry stay put. Clint and Kamala (sp?) are the drive home. Triple Threat is dissolved.

I might listen to Sean and Seth on occasions. I don’t like listening to any of the others, although I’ve never heard of Kamala.

If they are trying to appeal to a younger demo why would they release Meltser who I'm guessing is early 30s ? And Mike is real sharp and he and Payne had developed an excellent chemistry after several years together. Payne is like 10 years older than Melster but he's an NFL vet so guess I could see why they'd keep him instead of Mike.
I dunno what kind of opportunities Melster's law degree opens up for him if he's gonna stay in his current field but perhaps he plans to concentrate on
the legal area and move away from sports broadcasting ?

It's not age, it's style. Mike was more old school in nature. Howard Stern had a young audience even as he aged into his 40's and 50's because of subject matter and style.

Compare the styles of Meltser and Locker. I'd guess Mike is a bit older than Landry but they are both younger folks. It's pretty obvious that Landry is trying to appeal to a younger demo with his shtick. Whereas Mike was a lot more studied, more thoughtful, etc. I'm personally really sorry to see Mike go.

I think it's going to backfire on them but we'll see. But then again when upper management sees ratings tanking, they don't give a flip about people. In order to save their own skin, they will change just for change sake. Try to shake something up and hope for the best.

I'm not a fan of Clint Stoerner but I don't hate him either. I think Sean kept him inline fairly well. I do think that I could tolerate him on an occasional basis. As an everyday thing - I think his shtick may wear thin. We'll see.

I don't listen every single day as is. I listen to music much more than talk but in the morning drive - I did listen to Mike/Seth most days. If they got off on a subject I didn't care for - back to the music.

Disappointed in 610 in general, me thinks that it's management that is the real problem. They don't seem to understand the market they are in here, in my opinion.

Disappointed in 610 in general, me thinks that it's management that is the real problem. They don't seem to understand the market they are in here, in my opinion.

Indeed.

They mandate that their onair personalities are nothing more than Texan cheerleaders, and they don't allow them to talk about the 2 vastly superior, championship caliber major sport franchises that are housed in this city.

When has Houston ever had a good sports talk radio guy? I've never heard one.

Every time I go to 610 or 790 its nothing but commercials. The on air personalities are terrible.

Houston is a lame sports city in general. At least the Astros are carrying the city currently though.

They don't mandate ****.. they talk about all of the Houston sports teams here its just the NBA & MLB seasons are so damn long that nothing really matters until the playoffs start. Houston, like most cities in Texas & the south in general, is football-centric and like it or not, that's what will dominate the sports talk around here..whether its college or pro.

Truth be told, the only team worth talking about on radio is the Texans b/c there's more negative **** & controversy that talk radio hosts & fans tends to focus on anyway....I've heard it for years on 610....the lines are largely quiet when the Texans win & the shows kinda just drag on like its the off-season. Let them lose though.......(pick a year lol)

-Or lose in spectacular fashion (Rosencopter game, Seattle game in 2012, Seattle game in 2017......or just any playoff game against NE).......
-Or a player is playing like **** & is largely responsible for them losing (Schaub, Mallet, Hoyer, Savage, Oz)

oh, then the phones are lit up all day for the rest of the week until the next game... with the same tired takes from the same tired individuals.................Looking at you Larry in Stafford..:gun:.....Howard.... :smiliepalm:.

You wanna go hear more nutsack gargling of the Rockets/Morey, tune in to Adam & Adam on the drive home..Clanton's horrible with it. Constantly pumping up this Rockets team that really noone gives a **** about outside of Houston.

When has Houston ever had a good sports talk radio guy? I've never heard one.

Every time I go to 610 or 790 its nothing but commercials. The on air personalities are terrible.

Houston is a lame sports city in general. At least the Astros are carrying the city currently though.

Charlie Pallilo was & still is the best in Houston imo & he talks PLENTY of baseball. Too much of talk radio in general is full of loud mouths with terrible schticks and/or takes & this is from a guy who listens to guys all over the nation.

All I need is a guy with good knowledge about my team & how they operate as well as a very balanced view of the league's other teams in which they play & where my team realistically fall in that. Throw in a few jokes here & there & bring on good, credible guests from time to time. That's it. Don't need or care for all the gambling garbage like the Blitz guys love to do to reel in the degenerates...Don't need BS like "sexy traffic" to appeal to the pervs & you don't need to be all boisterous like that mad dog guy in NY folks love. Keep it mostly sports.

I do appreciate creative segments like the triple threat used to do with the "life doesn't suck" segment.

Charlie Pallilo was & still is the best in Houston imo & he talks PLENTY of baseball. Too much of talk radio in general is full of loud mouths with terrible schticks and/or takes & this is from a guy who listens to guys all over the nation.

All I need is a guy with good knowledge about my team & how they operate as well as a very balanced view of the league's other teams in which they play & where my team realistically fall in that. Throw in a few jokes here & there & bring on good, credible guests from time to time. That's it. Don't need or care for all the gambling garbage like the Blitz guys love to do to reel in the degenerates...Don't need BS like "sexy traffic" to appeal to the pervs & you don't need to be all boisterous like that mad dog guy in NY folks love. Keep it mostly sports.

I do appreciate creative segments like the triple threat used to do with the "life doesn't suck" segment.

It sounds like you just want something similar to me then.

I like something very simple and to the point without so much of the opinionated hype where I know who every guy's favorite team is and why they are so bias one way or the other. Yeah, I hate the guys that try really hard to provide comedy and locker room stuff they think is going to entertain. Most of the time it will be a bad fail with these guys. I just like to discuss current things going on with the teams. I like a simple structure without all of the bells and whistles.

They don't mandate ****.. they talk about all of the Houston sports teams here its just the NBA & MLB seasons are so damn long that nothing really matters until the playoffs start. Houston, like most cities in Texas & the south in general, is football-centric and like it or not, that's what will dominate the sports talk around here..whether its college or pro.

Truth be told, the only team worth talking about on radio is the Texans b/c there's more negative **** & controversy that talk radio hosts & fans tends to focus on anyway....I've heard it for years on 610....the lines are largely quiet when the Texans win & the shows kinda just drag on like its the off-season. Let them lose though.......(pick a year lol)

-Or lose in spectacular fashion (Rosencopter game, Seattle game in 2012, Seattle game in 2017......or just any playoff game against NE).......
-Or a player is playing like **** & is largely responsible for them losing (Schaub, Mallet, Hoyer, Savage, Oz)

oh, then the phones are lit up all day for the rest of the week until the next game... with the same tired takes from the same tired individuals.................Looking at you Larry in Stafford..:gun:.....Howard.... :smiliepalm:.

You wanna go hear more nutsack gargling of the Rockets/Morey, tune in to Adam & Adam on the drive home..Clanton's horrible with it. Constantly pumping up this Rockets team that really noone gives a **** about outside of Houston.

Yeah, that all Texan approach is working out well right now, isn’t it?
That’s why they’re ratings suck and they cleaned house.

Sounds like they can always depend on mouth breathers like yourself to tune in no matter what, but that won’t be nearly enough. And you are utterly clueless if you don’t realize that certain subject matter is pushed from above. I’m not surprised that simple concept escapes you though.

Yeah, that all Texan approach is working out well right now, isn’t it?
That’s why they’re ratings suck and they cleaned house.

Sounds like they can always depend on mouth breathers like yourself to tune in no matter what, but that won’t be nearly enough. And you are utterly clueless if you don’t realize that certain subject matter is pushed from above. I’m not surprised that simple concept escapes you though.

:lol: bless his heart he tries. Step your troll game up fam....yours is terrible.

The craziest Houston local sports radio episode was when Dan Patrick got a vasectomy live on the air during his show.

Back