Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

houston sportsradio

You want some real bullsh!t, Austin Texas, 1300 The Zone.

Ugh.... liberal sports talk? Are they not allowed to say bad things, and celebrate losses? Everyone gets a trophy type sh!t. :littlelol:
girliefight.gif

Personally I think all of the Houston talk radio hosts are garbage. Every last one of them.

We had that awful one that looks like a rat that's on all of those ESPN shows now. He's terrible.

Rich Lord is dreadful, Seth Payne has always stunk, Ted Washington is an embarrassment that should have been destroyed for talking about Wilfork's wife, and Josh Inness is pathetic in every sense of the word.

Then we have McClain's fat ass who is like 10 years past his retirement and is utterly worthless.

Innes is desperate. His show is increasingly irrelevant and he struggles to fill four hours daily with entertaining content. So he resorts to stupid stunts to get attention.

Talk radio, in general, gets redundant. They can only talk about so much and keep you interested. I get it in limited doses while driving, but most of the time I'm jamming to some metal CDs.

The Blitz is good, tho'. AJ and Fred are genuinely funny and I dig their irreverent and cynical attitudes about sports and the world in general. They get that it is all just entertainment, including their show, so they take very little too seriously like you hear with many other shows.

Reactions: JB
John & Lance have the band back together at 97.5. Pallilo is at 94.1. Both have crappy signals but both have other ways to listen. That's enough for me, too. I don't need 6-8 hours of sports talk. Get my fill in the morning, get anything else I need off the 'nets.

And man, that Innes crap yesterday got the entire station kicked off radio row at the Super Bowl, that was sponsored by Matress Mac. I can't imagine him lasting too much longer, being the douche that he is.

And man, that Innes crap yesterday got the entire station kicked off radio row at the Super Bowl, that was sponsored by Matress Mac. I can't imagine him lasting too much longer, being the douche that he is.

What happened ?! LoL!

Innes is a total Putz and was really trying to start something. Would have loved to see Seth pop him right in the beak. Bet he would cry. Unfortunately he would turn around and sue Seth without the stones to fight back.

A few months ago Josh Innes had been calling MAD Radio trying to bait them. Lawyers from 610 and 790 had to get involved. Josh was forbidden to calling 610. Then Josh pulls that crap of sending Jim Mudd over to the 610 booth to record them on Tuesday (and probably mock them on his own show) so Seth then blew up. So it was a little more involved than what we saw.

Innes tweets about 610 and his old station in Philly, trashing both of them. Since the argument he's been tweeting about how he was the victim. He really is a pathetic child.

Didn't he work for 610? Was there some bad blood between him and 610 after he left for Philly?

He did. He had the 10-2:00 slot (same slot Seth has now with Mike Meltzer) he shared with Rich Lord. Rich and Josh pretty much hated each other. It showed up on-air on occasion.

Seth said during that argument Josh is a "weak and insecure" which is absolutely true. He's one of those guys who loves to dish it out but when someone gives it back to him he gets mad and pouts.

He did. He had the 10-2:00 slot (same slot Seth has now with Mike Meltzer) he shared with Rich Lord. Rich and Josh pretty much hated each other. It showed up on-air on occasion.

Seth said during that argument Josh is a "weak and insecure" which is absolutely true. He's one of those guys who loves to dish it out but when someone gives it back to him he gets mad and pouts.
I don't know Josh but he sounds like a swine's backside hole.

On-air 610 programmer/producer, Landry, was calling him out during said confrontation & said he (Innes) was "shaking like a little b!tch"... aural gold!

edit: I do listen to 610, although sometimes can get a little redundant & material I'm listening to is I've already read about... because Internet.

Only guy in town who is tolerable to listen to is Palillo. Personally I like to read my sports news and have gotten too old to care about other people's opinions and pissing the farthest on a radio program.

Innes past racial faux pas should tell people what kind of dude he is. Guy goes overboard with the "I'm the least racist guy" schtick to the point of busting out the '' i got a black friend" card. It makes me cringe. He's trying to be the Howard Stern of sports radio, but he's got the charisma of a 2 x 4.

If all I want to listen to are commercials I tune in 610. Must be making bank big time with all that advertising. I mostly listen to channel 88 on Serious radio. All NFL football and about a tenth of the commercials.

That dude is a total prick. I hope they fire him .... dudes not a douche bag , he's a used tampon.

Seth Payne was exactly right..He's a insecure weak little ***** and He did go straight to Twitter to play the victim and say it wasn't his fault just like Seth said he would...He's a tool.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vAxRMQRznNJl
(warning NSFW...excessive whining)

LMAO..it's only a matter of time before he's fired AGAIN.

Last edited:
If they were smart they'd bring on Cecil Shorts and Wade Smith permanently.

Instead i'm sure they will bring the yokel on fulltime, so he, Jon Harris and John McClain can fill the fans heads full of Texan bliss, per the instructions given to them by upper management.

Rich Lord departs sportsradio 610.
https://sportsradio610.radio.com/articles/rich-lord-sportsradio-610-houston-texas
Mike Meltser also let go.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/sports/amp/Rich-Lord-let-go-from-Houston-SportsRadio-610-KILT-14105838.php
Not really a fan of either one. Both of them were too boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow that's newswothy.
Not a big fan of Lord but don't dislike him either.
Use to listen to Melster & Seth Payne quite a bit and especially like Payne who has kinda an off-beat sense of humor.
So Melster has been going to law school all of this time while working at 610. Interesting.

Lords been on Houston radio since the late 80's? Someone else will pick him up soon.

I never disliked him (ok rarely) ,and i am a bit surprised.

Lords been on Houston radio since the late 80's? Someone else will pick him up soon.

I never disliked him (ok rarely) ,and i am a bit surprised.

Lord's former partner from KTRH, Charlie Pallilo hasn't been on the radio since 790 let him go last year. You never know.

I enjoyed Meltser/Payne, sorry to see Mike go.

I thought he was on 97.5

Looked up his twitter, and yes, he is. Not sure how long he's been on there since I don't live in Houston, but I remember seeing messages from him not too long ago about how he was doing podcasts and things like that.

Looked up his twitter, and yes, he is. Not sure how long he's been on there since I don't live in Houston, but I remember seeing messages from him not too long ago about how he was doing podcasts and things like that.
I don't any more either, but I landed on his show almost by accident on tunein or iheart or something.

Haven’t listened to 610 on the regular since John & Lance left. Never ever cared for Rich Lord.

Don’t have much use for sports radio any more. Still listen to J&L in the mornings, some Pallilo because he doesn’t have the dumbass callers, and that’s about it.

They seem to be trying to appeal to a younger demo. That started with Landry Locker. I don't think it will work because young bucks don't watch or participate in sports like my generation. We didn't have 10 million channels, an iPhone, video games, etc.

In any event, I liked Rich ok. Not my fav per se, but he was like comfort food. Safe, Reliable, good guy, old school sensibility.

Mike I liked even better. I liked him quite a bit and sorry to see him go. I thought he and Seth were a good combo. Mike is smart, knowledgeable and thoughtful. I didn't find him boring in the least.

Mike & Seth (MadRadio) was my favorite show on 610, listened to it religiously. Even when Gallant was added, and I can't stand listening to him, I still fought through it. I'll give the new show a try for a bit

I used to listen to sports talk a lot more, but less of 610 now than ever because I need a break from the Texans in the off season. The Astros and Rockets are way more successful and they get hardly any airtime on 610 even in the football off season.

I used to listen to sports talk a lot more, but less of 610 now than ever because I need a break from the Texans in the off season. The Astros and Rockets are way more successful and they get hardly any airtime on 610 even in the football off season.

Amen to this. That is always what I wondered too.

You have an elite top 3 MLB team, and elite top 5 NBA team. Both are championship level. Yet even in the off-season, 95% of the airtime is spent rehashing some meaningless subject matter related to the unaccomplished, average, middling, dysfunctional NFL franchise this city has.

As many point out, 610 is the Texan flagship station but still.....it’s the off-season and they still do this. I can’t fathom how or why anyone would be interested in that. That’s why their ratings suck.

They kept Lopez and Clint Stoerner??? Ugh. Lopez is awful and Stoerner is a hillbilly. How can anyone listen to either of them.

They are gonna play up the whole homegrown hick routine with Stoerner. That schtick will get real old real quick though. Personally I will not listen to one second of that inbred’s show.

They are gonna play up the whole homegrown hick routine with Stoerner. That schtick will get real old real quick though. Personally I will not listen to one second of that inbred’s show.

Then no sense in discussing him further... most would have made at most one comment about him in the existing thread in the entertainment forum, but you deemed him worthy of an entire new thread in the football forum. Hung up or think you're special whose opinion matters more than most?

They seem to be trying to appeal to a younger demo. That started with Landry Locker. I don't think it will work because young bucks don't watch or participate in sports like my generation. We didn't have 10 million channels, an iPhone, video games, etc.

In any event, I liked Rich ok. Not my fav per se, but he was like comfort food. Safe, Reliable, good guy, old school sensibility.

Mike I liked even better. I liked him quite a bit and sorry to see him go. I thought he and Seth were a good combo. Mike is smart, knowledgeable and thoughtful. I didn't find him boring in the least.
If they are trying to appeal to a younger demo why would they release Meltser who I'm guessing is early 30s ? And Mike is real sharp and he and Payne had developed an excellent chemistry after several years together. Payne is like 10 years older than Melster but he's an NFL vet so guess I could see why they'd keep him instead of Mike.
I dunno what kind of opportunities Melster's law degree opens up for him if he's gonna stay in his current field but perhaps he plans to concentrate on
the legal area and move away from sports broadcasting ?

If they are trying to appeal to a younger demo why would they release Meltser who I'm guessing is early 30s ? And Mike is real sharp and he and Payne had developed an excellent chemistry after several years together. Payne is like 10 years older than Melster but he's an NFL vet so guess I could see why they'd keep him instead of Mike.
I dunno what kind of opportunities Melster's law degree opens up for him if he's gonna stay in his current field but perhaps he plans to concentrate on
the legal area and move away from sports broadcasting ?
They fired Paul Gallant, too.

Back