Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hopkins traded to Cardinals?

Seeing as how Diggs has never been named to the Pro Bowl, never mind All-Pro, which Nuk has 4 and 3 times respectively, you are spot on with that opinion.

well, David Johnson was named to the pro bowl & all pro. I’m just thinking out loud here, not defending BO’b or this trade.

I’d rather have David Johnson than Buffalo’s 5th & 6th round picks.

Of course I’d rather have the 22nd overall than the 40th overall. But these trades really aren’t all that different especially if you value DJ as a 2nd round pick (I know that’s a stretch) or even a third.

well, David Johnson was named to the pro bowl & all pro. I’m just thinking out loud here, not defending BO’b or this trade.

I’d rather have David Johnson than Buffalo’s 5th & 6th round picks.

Of course I’d rather have the 22nd overall than the 40th overall. But these trades really aren’t all that different especially if you value DJ as a 2nd round pick (I know that’s a stretch) or even a third.

Yeah, one year 4 years ago, and hasn't been near that since. And we're talking about a guy who got benched in favor of Kenyan Drake. Honestly, I'd rather have the picks instead of Johnson and his salary/cap hit.

Nuk, meanwhile, has been All-Pro 3 years in a row and is well on his way to Canton if he keeps it up for another 4 or 5 years, at the very least.

And then take a look at what the Vikings just got for Diggs, nowhere near the same caliber receiver as Nuk.

There is just no reason to have to get rid of Hopkins at this point. He's under contract for 3 more seasons, at a reasonable price considering he's top 3 to 5, if not #1 at his position. But even if you felt you just have to get rid of him now, you've got to turn one of the best players in the game into something. You've just got to. You can't give away great to special talent and get mediocre back in return. You're not going to win like that.

This trade is akin to having Donald Trump as head coach/GM and he talks about how great the trade was and how it will pay off and to trust him because he knows best. Donald/BO'b says "Trust me this is the best trade anybody could make. It is a winner. We only win and we are winning BIG!"

Meanwhile everybody is laughing at what an idiot he is.

Last edited:
(Before I start, I'm going to miss Hopkins, should've retired a Texan)

Now that that's out of the way ... AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. I feel bad for the casual fans, but my pity here has run dry. Yall are too smart to just now be catching on (Tex, Steel and Doc are still living in the chinhole), but apparently repeated bludgeoning will eventually serve as a wake-up call. A coach with no name, no pedigree, no experience, no tree and no individual success shows up from the Belichick line and the expected happens. I've got YEARS of 'I told you so' that I'm enjoying right now (more enjoyable than watching our offense anyway) ... seriously the Chip Kelly references are just now trending?

Sadly the story of 'friction' is being taken seriously. Not that it isn't serious, it just seems to be a common theme. Why is there so much friction with our elite veterans? O'Brien showed up with friction for our veterans, which is why we lost our offensive line, and keeps frictioning our best players out the door.

Last edited:
This moron is going to kill all interest in this team

He just killed mine. I’m starting to wonder if he just wants to tear the team apart on purpose.

It‘s elementary anyway. I don’t think the NFL will play this season anyway, and I’m also finally, finally done here on the board. And it’s about time.

Where’s @steelbtexan and @JB. Come out from hiding. The coach that you think is a genius is terrible. The Texans will suck next season and it won’t be because of D.Watson.

Steel's already claimed both sides of this trade per usual, maintaining his stance ("I hate the trade and love O'Brien"). MrTex, well we'll just say he's 'supportive', Doc is hinting towards support but seems a bit shy at the moment except for old injury reports, and I haven't seen JB yet.

Amari Cooper just got paid. Hop would have gladly taken a similar figure per year. But instead he’s a casualty because Bill hasn’t been able to develop a QB or OL in his time here

Where’s @steelbtexan and @JB. Come out from hiding. The coach that you think is a genius is terrible. The Texans will suck next season and it won’t be because of D.Watson.

This is an indefensible move. Im not surprised most of that support is still hiding under rocks. Just a matter of time that they'll go "whataboutism" with Kubiak anecdotes to justify any semblance of what has just happened.

DeAndre Hopkins was just traded for a broken RB and a 2nd round pick. It still hasnt sunk in for me.

I wouldn't have made the trade. But maybe NFL GM's dont value Nuk like Texans fans do.
No one likes 3 time All Pro WRs? Really? Pretty clear that O'Brien didn't want to deal Hopkins inside the AFC (Bills, Patriots). Pretty sure that he could have gotten more on draft day, also. Why the rush? I understand why the Vikings and Niners pulled the trigger on trades. The Bills and Colts met their price. No reason whatsoever for O'Brien to take this deal at this point. He's an abject failure as a GM.

And yet, the Vikings got a much better deal for Stefon Diggs....who is only 1 year younger than Hopkins and not even on the same level talent wise as Hopkins. BOB got fleeced, per usual.

It came down to $$$$.

No team wanted to give up what the Bills gave up AND extend Nuk except for the Cards.

Which is why BOB should've told Nuk b!tch and whine (Join part of Powda/My Club) but you're not going anywhere because we cant get full value for you.

No one likes 3 time All Pro WRs? Really? Pretty clear that O'Brien didn't want to deal Hopkins inside the AFC (Bills, Patriots). Pretty sure that he could have gotten more on draft day, also. Why the rush? I understand why the Vikings and Niners pulled the trigger on trades. The Bills and Colts met their price. No reason whatsoever for O'Brien to take this deal at this point. He's an abject failure as a GM.

Agreed,

He got burned on this trade.

It came down to $$$$.

No team wanted to give up what the Bills gave up AND extend Nuk except for the Cards.

Which is why BOB should've told Nuk b!tch and whine (Join part of Powda/My Club) but you're not going anywhere because we cant get full value for you.

It came down to money? If it did, it's only because BOB is horrible with giving great players money and giving mediocre to average players a ton of it. BOB is terrible at getting good value for players. No matter what it is spun, BOB has so far been taken advantage of by pretty much any team he's made a deal with.

It came down to money? If it did, it's only because BOB is horrible with giving great players money and giving mediocre to average players a ton of it. BOB is terrible at getting good value for players. No matter what it is spun, BOB has so far been taken advantage of by pretty much any team he's made a deal with.

The Texans have an issue with overpaying $$$$ for avg/slightly above avg players and not paying top $$$$ or renegotiating their top players contracts during the middle of their deals. Clowney/DB/Nuk etc...

Watt was the exception to this rule.

Bill O'Brien is a ******* idiot. I am left with no choice but to contact the Texans administration and issue my formal disapproval under the strongest terms.
The best I could do was not renew my season tickets. I was bummed about it at first, not so much now.
It looks like GM'S don't value Nuk as much as posters here do.
I find it hard to believe that 31 other GM's wouldn't offer up a 1st round for Hopkins.
so BOB cut the best deal he could get.
Because he's Bob.
I hope Deshaun does this too
I feel bad for the guy. He should walk up to Bob and give him the ol WTF look.
McNairs love their money.
Agree.
For what its worth, here is the e-mail I sent. I'm sure some intern will file it into a giant spam folder with all the others.

Is there anything we can do as fans to force the Texans organization to terminate Bill O’Brien’s employment with the team? There can be no debate that he is incompetent and a liability to the organization.
I have been a season ticket holder since the day the NFL announced Houston would be awarded the new team. I feel cheated by Bill O’Brien’s incompetence and feel disrespected by ownership who seem not to care.
I believe the majority of the fan base has no faith in Bill’s ability to lead this team. His time with the Texans should be over.
This is basically what I told the ticket rep on the phone when he asked why I wasn't renewing my tickets.
For Stefon Diggs, Vikings got:
1st rounder
5th rounder
6th rounder
2021 4th rounder

For DeAndre Hopkins, Texans got:
David Johnson
2nd rounder
4th rounder

LMAO! How is Cal McNair not firing everyone involved in this stupid ass trade after watching all of this unfold?!
Brandon Cooks, Brandon freakin Cooks got traded TWICE for 1st round picks!! TWICE!!

I think it came down to Hopkins not kneeling before the king. O'Brien doesn't like rookies. And he doesn't like uppity vets. Leaves a small talent pool to choose from.

You're entitled to your opinion

What do Clowney/DB/Nuk have in common.

The Texans have an issue with overpaying $$$$ for avg/slightly above avg players and not paying top $$$$ or renegotiating their top players contracts during the middle of their deals. Clowney/DB/Nuk etc...

Watt was the exception to this rule.

I'm fully aware of this. So why is the organizational dysfunction continuing with BOB.....who several of you have said would make things better? This is why I've stated that Watson should tell his agent to never entertain a long term deal with the Texans. If they want to pay him on the franchise tag, so be it. Eventually that will become cost prohibitive and Watson can choose where he goes while still in the prime of his career.

I'm fully aware of this. So why is the organizational dysfunction continuing with BOB.....who several of you have said would make things better? This is why I've stated that Watson should tell his agent to never entertain a long term deal with the Texans. If they want to pay him on the franchise tag, so be it. Eventually that will become cost prohibitive and Watson can choose where he goes while still in the prime of his career.

This is and always has been a McNair thingy, going back to the Texans inception. Hopefully they move DW4 next and start rebuilding.

There's no dysfunction.

Still can't believe this happened. Was interviewed on a podcast last night to get the pulse of Texans fans (I was the only fan they knew).

I gave them the history of BOBs decisions and the hosts couldn't stop laughing on the ridiculousness that goes on in the Texans FO.

I think it came down to Hopkins not kneeling before the king. O'Brien doesn't like rookies. And he doesn't like uppity vets. Leaves a small talent pool to choose from.

Damn that is spot on. This man acts like he’s Belichek But leads men like he’s Kim Jong Un. This debacle is totally on Cal McNumbnuts. By this I don’t mean just traded a top 5 WR for a broken down RB and a 2nd round pick. This includes a dismal playoff record AND blowing a 24 point lead getting blown out by 31 in the end. Cal is more inept as an owner than fat Travolta is inept as HC/GM.

At least O'Brien will be forever remembered as the biggest moron in NFL history.

He'll never get a head coaching, gm or offensive coordinator job in the NFL ever again
And Cal McNair will be right there with him in the biggest moron in NFL history debate.

Reactions: ROO
It is quite interesting, and perhaps telling, that neither the Texans Facebook nor Twitter pages mention anything about this trade.

They know they will get roasted. Texans Facebook page is getting roasted in comments under "new era begins"

You're value is what you're traded for.

You dont think BOB shopped Nuk like Lombardi reported?

Since that was all that was offered BOB should've held onto Nuk.
I think that 31 other teams knew they just had to hold out a little bit and OB would cave, just like he did with Clowney. All he had to do was hold out a little bit and he could've signed Johnson as a FA after Arizona cut him.
100% he should've kept Nuk if he couldn't get what he wanted for him. Nuk had 3 years left on his contract.

OB has mastered the subtle art of being absolutely clueless about negotiations. His lack skill and patience is actually impressive. I've always assumed one had to try to reach that level of incompetence. It appears to come naturally with OB.

Checkout Lombardi's twitter
I listen to Lombardi's a.m. show on VSIN weekend mornings during football season. It's a good show but he is a friend of Obrien because of Belichick who is the hero to both of them. Anytime anybody said anti-Obrien comments, which was every talking head on the show except him, he stood up for Obrien saying he was a good guy. He always called him "Bill", never Obrien. If Obrien had discussed the matter with Obrien or Belichick last summer would make no difference as to the efforts of Obrien calling each team to get a good deal for D-Hop yesterday. For us to get nothing but a couple pieces of used toilet paper for a top 3 WR is proof that there was no due diligence on the Texan's part of this trade. The trade was made as a result of Obrien's vanity and his feeling threatened by strong personalities. He would have easily gotten more in return if he was actually trying to help the team get better. It was all about him like it always is. He is the queen diva of the team and he has singlehandedly set us back years with his absurd trades of Duane Brown, Clowney and now D-Hop, each one causing damage to the team. He is very possibly the worst GM etc in the history of the league. He was working in GM capacity for each of these trades irregardless of his bogus titles at the time.

So the Texans:
Now have a big weakness at WR
Still weak pass rush
Still have problems in the secondary
Still don’t have a first round pick for the next two years
Lost a 4th round pick

The Texans gained:
A second round pick
A big salary cap hit for an aging, oft injured RB

The Texans got significantly worse. Hopkins is 27 years old. I don’t think he’s even reached his peak years yet. And by the way, O’Brien, I believe, had only one thing going for him - he had player support. I sincerely doubt he has that now.

I hope he trades JJ and Watson. I believe those two are really great people as well as great players. I want them to have an opportunity to play for someone better than O’Brien.

I'd hate for watson and watt to go. But with obrien at the helm... no way we reach the promise land.

Plus bill the GM cant pull a trade to help the team one bit

For what he got out of hopkins..imagine what he'd get for watt with his age and salary(i am sure we'd pay that salary)...

after the KC game and with his GM moves. I can't see how the locker room is excited

Last edited:
So the Texans:
Now have a big weakness at WR
Still weak pass rush
Still have problems in the secondary
Still don’t have a first round pick for the next two years
Lost a 4th round pick

The Texans gained:
A second round pick
A big salary cap hit for an aging, oft injured RB

The Texans got significantly worse. Hopkins is 27 years old. I don’t think he’s even reached his peak years yet. And by the way, O’Brien, I believe, had only one thing going for him - he had player support. I sincerely doubt he has that now.

I hope he trades JJ and Watson. I believe those two are really great people as well as great players. I want them to have an opportunity to play for someone better than O’Brien.

Plus they spent 16Ms on backups (Cobb/Murray)

I listen to Lombardi's a.m. show on VSIN weekend mornings during football season. It's a good show but he is a friend of Obrien because of Belichick who is the hero to both of them. Anytime anybody said anti-Obrien comments, which was every talking head on the show except him, he stood up for Obrien saying he was a good guy. He always called him "Bill", never Obrien. If Obrien had discussed the matter with Obrien or Belichick last summer would make no difference as to the efforts of Obrien calling each team to get a good deal for D-Hop yesterday. For us to get nothing but a couple pieces of used toilet paper for a top 3 WR is proof that there was no due diligence on the Texan's part of this trade. The trade was made as a result of Obrien's vanity and his feeling threatened by strong personalities. He would have easily gotten more in return if he was actually trying to help the team get better. It was all about him like it always is. He is the queen diva of the team and he has singlehandedly set us back years with his absurd trades of Duane Brown, Clowney and now D-Hop, each one causing damage to the team. He is very possibly the worst GM etc in the history of the league. He was working in GM capacity for each of these trades irregardless of his bogus titles at the time.

The fact that Lombardi is friends with BOB has nothing to do with whether he shopped Nuk or not. In fact Lombardi would know if Nuk was shopped and reported it. Is Pelesserio (SP?) friends with BOB too?

Is BOB vain? Of course he is. It's what turns fans off.

The fact that 1. You think BOB was the GM when DB was traded 2. BOB had anything to do with that trade (Bob McNair did) tells me you cant be objective.

Look, I dont like this trade either and BOB should be roasted for making the trade. But the facts dont change. You are worth what you're worth in trade and since professional reporters who I trust reported he was shopped it's fair to assume this was the best deal BOB could make. Which is why the deal shouldn' have been made.

Do you think this deal was done because of $$$$? The Cards are saying they're going to redo Nuk's deal and the McNair's weren't willing to do a new deal.

Plus they spent 16Ms on backups (Cobb/Murray)

Cobb is a backup? Cobb is a piece that's been missing for yrs. Unless you consider Edelman/Welker/Amendola etc... to be backups

The point is a slot WR is a big part of the offense and the Texans have never had a vet Slot WR. They slightly overpaid but they have one now.

I dont like he Murray signing, but to be honest I know very little about him.

Back