Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Have the Texans met your expectations for this season?

How have the Texans performed relative to your expectations?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you have lowered expectations then this post would be true.

With this schedule and Stroud playing as well as he has 10 wins should be expected.

Stroud playing as well as he has would not have been an expectation going into the season. Which is kind of the whole point of the poll. There were lots of IFs involved in getting to that number before the first game of the season.

And I get adjusting expectations within the season, but no one thought in August without a metric 💩 ton of IFs that the Texans would be playing for 10 wins and a spot in the playoffs.

Stroud playing as well as he has would not have been an expectation going into the season. Which is kind of the whole point of the poll. There were lots of IFs involved in getting to that number before the first game of the season.

And I get adjusting expectations within the season, but no one thought in August without a metric 💩 ton of IFs that the Texans would be playing for 10 wins and a spot in the playoffs.
There were only 2 ifs in my mind,

1. Staying relatively healthy

2. Stroud playing avg to slightly above avg and they would win 10 games.

I started this season saying this team cannot tackle & they cannot block. Very fundamental football if you ask me. I haven't watched a game yet & thought, "These guys know how to tackle." or "These guys know how to block."

So from a fundamental standpoint, no.

From a win loss standpoint, yes, way over exceeded my expectations. What they do well, they do well & we're going to need to add many more playmakers if this team is going to continue to succeed & not improve on the fundamentals.
I watch every week hoping it’ll improve, nope not this year……

If you would've told me Stroud would've been this good I would've expected 10 wins, I didn't expect Stroud to this good, so I think they met expectations.

Gotta give Stroud more weapons and find a Flacco type backup QB.
I didn’t think Stroud would be this good either.
They have more than exceeded my expectations considering all of the injuries especially on the OL.
Also like the fact that DR is not afraid to sit those that are underperforming.
I’m most impressed by DRs ability to get the best out of our players and the culture that the entire organization is creating. Hopefully this is going to make us a more attractive destination in free agency.
One more win and Demeco should be a shoo in for COTY.

They have more than exceeded my expectations considering all of the injuries especially on the OL.
I’m most impressed by DRs ability to get the best out of our players and the culture that the entire organization is creating. Hopefully this is going to make us a more attractive destination in free agency.

Just going on record that Stefanski is getting COTY. Got the chance this weekend to go 12-5 with five different starting QB's.

Yep, put up or shut up.

Exceeded there's no doubt. I feel like I was one of the more optimistic Texans fans coming into the season and I was predicting like 7 wins max hoping for maybe 8. I will be upset and disappointed if we lose week 18 and miss the playoffs but the season as a whole went better than expected there's no doubt

There's a lot of (good) different things happening-- net change, over there at TexansHQ.
I had them at 10 wins bc I can mentalize & realize what their expectations are coming in... "young" or coming off L seasons, matters not.
The fact that this is a winning season (is a raised floor... nobody expected that)... I'm impressed by the record, the urgency and 180° pivot.
I look forward to this renaissance of Houston Texans football. I have a strong feeling Coach Ryans is going to get some ballers (recasts like Chris Nolan movies) behind him and initiate interest to play here.
Houston should be hyped for this version 3.1-whatever.
It would not surprise me if this year's team makes a shallow run through the playoffs.
All the best to them, they can win it all if they want (bodies allow).

Just going on record that Stefanski is getting COTY. Got the chance this weekend to go 12-5 with five different starting QB's.
I’m in on Campbell, first division win in 30 years, 3-13, 9-8 then win the division with a lost franchise, I’d consider CLE to have a better roster. Having said that the QB in CLE this year is pretty crazy…..

I’m in on Campbell, first division win in 30 years, 3-13, 9-8 then win the division with a lost franchise, I’d consider CLE to have a better roster. Having said that the QB in CLE this year is pretty crazy…..

The Lions have been my NFC team for a long time. Campbell is definitely deserving. And he's an Aggie...

Your probably right but I’d still go with Demeco.

I'd love it if DR got the award. I'm just being pragmatic because all the talking heads want to talk about is Stefanski.

With pretty much the same team Mayfield took to 11-5 just a couple of years ago

I would argue that it was Stefanski not Mayfield who took them to that 11-5 record as it earned him a COTY. Looking back at Mayfield career, that was pretty much his "Case in Minnesota" year. He was the King of 6-Win Seasons in Cleveland.

How I'd like to see the voting:
1. Demeco
2. Campbell
3. Stefanski

How I think it will actually go:
1. Stefanski
2. Demeco
3. Campbell

This season has been such a breath of fresh air. My expectations have been exceeded by far. It’s week 18 and we have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. We punched the future in the face and said we’re here now and it’s just the beginning. Just an altogether enjoyable season devoid of expectations and frustration that comes with teams who are expected to make deep runs. Houston football is relevant. Thank you Texans.

The Lions have been my NFC team for a long time. Campbell is definitely deserving. And he's an Aggie...

I'd love it if DR got the award. I'm just being pragmatic because all the talking heads want to talk about is Stefanski.

I would argue that it was Stefanski not Mayfield who took them to that 11-5 record as it earned him a COTY. Looking back at Mayfield career, that was pretty much his "Case in Minnesota" year. He was the King of 6-Win Seasons in Cleveland.

How I'd like to see the voting:
1. Demeco
2. Campbell
3. Stefanski

How I think it will actually go:
1. Stefanski
2. Demeco
3. Campbell

Steichen is also a candidate imho. Colts won 4 last year. I think whoever loses this game - that teams coach will fall out of the race and essentially finishes 4th. No disrespect to either Shane or DeMeco but the winning candidate won’t be losing this game.

If Texans win, i agree with your first 3. If Shane beats us tonight, I will put Shane in 3rd, and Campbell 2nd.

In any event, what matters most to me is we got the right guy for this team. DeMeco is the man for the job. I’ve been banging the Ryans drum since last year. He was my guy, and I couldn’t be happier with this HC. This is the first time I can unequivocally state my complete support as a Texan fan.

Steichen is also a candidate imho. Colts won 4 last year. I think whoever loses this game - that teams coach will fall out of the race and essentially finishes 4th. No disrespect to either Shane or DeMeco but the winning candidate won’t be losing this game.

If Texans win, i agree with your first 3. If Shane beats us tonight, I will put Shane in 3rd, and Campbell 2nd.

In any event, what matters most to me is we got the right guy for this team. DeMeco is the man for the job. I’ve been banging the Ryans drum since last year. He was my guy, and I couldn’t be happier with this HC. This is the first time I can unequivocally state my complete support as a Texan fan.
You haven't remained a fan during the hard times?

Back