Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Green Bay Packers @ Houston Texans. 7:20. 10/14. **Official GameDay Thread**

dont help we play this soft ass coverage all damn game.

And we cant take a shot down field to save or lives.

And we dont take a time out before half time, and try to score, but then are forced to on accident and then run 2 runing plays. Very dissapoined in Kubiak with this whole game.

Oh well, Texanstalk posters always seem to be more happy after a loss anyway.

Calling for the Pink Soap with the Texans 4-1? :spit:

Come on, man.

Bull**** on parade!

I don't think I've ever seen that kind of language out of Doc before. But I totally get it.

It'll be interesting to see how (if) they bounce back from this embarrassment.

I have to agree with Matrix, the loss of Cush had much more of an impact to the defense than the loss of Schaub (or A.J.) had to the offense.

Number one priority in next years draft ... QB to develop. Must have the height, weight, and strong arm, and be mobile. Appy on Kirby Drive.

Disagree....

Number one priority is a Cushing replacement unit. The defense suffered without his fire out there.

So does anyone want to make a deal for a ILB now?

yeah i dont think we gave up 40 just because cushing was out. What happened to these amazing CBs everyone was talking about.

Jojo has looked like KJ 2point 0 all season and KJ looked like KJ of old tonight.

Hey at least we'll get to hear Kubiak say, "It's on me". I kind of missed that line. Talk radio will be fun! I was frankly getting bored with all the positive talk. Now we'll have something really interesting to talk about. So many facets of the game we screwed up tonight. I figure it'll at least fill the airwaves for about 5 days.

People need to calm down...we got our doors blown off...it happens...see SF against Minny a few weeks back. You're not going to win them all in this league..its too tough.

I should go out to my car right now and make sure my radio is off of sports radio....gonna be alot of cliff jumpers on tommorrow...:vincepalm:

I can hear it now..."we'll be lucky to win 2 more games the rest of the season!!!!"

Bull**** on parade!

Had to (sadly) rep that.

Calling for the Pink Soap with the Texans 4-1? :spit:

Come on, man.

Well, to be fair, Kubiak lost me in the 2009 season and has never won me back. I've tried to bite my tongue and bide my time, but I just don't see a good head coach when I see Kubiak. I see a good offensive coordinator and a crappy head coach. Furthermore, I think this team had the talent to be in the Super Bowl last year (TBD this year - mainly OL), but I have no faith that Kubiak can get them there.

yeah i dont think we gave up 40 just because cushing was out. What happened to these amazing CBs everyone was talking about.

Jojo has looked like KJ 2point 0 all season and KJ looked like KJ of old tonight.

You don't have a real ilb or a ilb that can cover so you start dropping Quinn in and Nolan now playing fs.

Mike

We have depth at LB, and you dont replace Cush, he doesnt come along every year. Even Matthews wouldnt replace Cush. He is a complete LB. We can replace his rush but not his skill set or thought process.

I thought that going into the season but at MLB we have nothing but age. Dobbins and James are ok at best. Sharpton, who knows what we have. Cush is obviously a star.

OLBs - we've spent picks and they've been up/down so I don't really know what we have there.

Ok, but Cushing's absence is still on the other side of the ball - no excuse for the offense to play like this - so I'm not convinced that his absence is devastating

Thing is this team has shown weaknesses since game one. We are still a good team, but we have our warts as well.

Fosters rushing avg has sucked all year. Our pass rushing Olb has been ordinary and ordinary might be a compliment.

We've been giving up rushing yardage like it's the cool thing to do. Special teams has been bad.

The team that took the field tonight would have lost with or without Cushing. Cushing doesn't make us three scores better.

You know it's ugly when it's a home game, with a quarter of the regulars on the board logged on, and the gameday thread still hits 62 pages.

Time for Kubiak to post tomorrow's headlines all over the training facility and start dressing them down and building them up again.

Thanks for the company y'all. I'm off to try and forget! :gun:

That wasn't really "doors blown off", you know.

They were down 24-3 at 1 point i believe...thats getting your doors blown off. Especially when you consider that SF has/had the best defense....& they'd just come off of dominating gb at home.

kj was glued to his man, an elite quarterback came in here and put the ball where he wanted.. jjo looked slow.. you play press rodgers goes deep, you give cushion, and he picks you apart with 3 step drops.. the luxury of a capable qb..

rodgers isnt a qb that has to take what you give him, he can throw guys open, he has a rocket arm that threads needles effortlessly..

cushing would have made little difference.. offense doesnt respond its a recipe for disaster.. teams know our gameplan if they can execute their defense schaub and kubes are incapable of plan b.. as we all saw when schaub threw the ball into the ground because the screen wasnt there.. conceding plays, draws on 3rd and long..

throw the ****ing ball downfield.. good things happen when you throw it deep, refs like to glag PI for tickytack stuff..

You don't have a real ilb or a ilb that can cover so you start dropping Quinn in and Nolan now playing fs.

Mike

Quinn has been dropping down to lb every game since last year.

Gb played a lot of 3 wide and when we go nickel and dime Quinn drops down.

That's not new.

kj was glued to his man, an elite quarterback came in here and put the ball where he wanted.. jjo looked slow.. you play press rodgers goes deep, you give cushion, and he picks you apart with 3 step drops.. the luxury of a capable qb..

rodgers isnt a qb that has to take what you give him, he can throw guys open, he has a rocket arm that threads needles effortlessly..

cushing would have made little difference.. offense doesnt respond its a recipe for disaster.. teams know our gameplan if they can execute their defense schaub and kubes are incapable of plan b.. as we all saw when schaub threw the ball into the ground because the screen wasnt there.. conceding plays, draws on 3rd and long..

throw the ****ing ball downfield.. good things happen when you throw it deep, refs like to glag PI for tickytack stuff..

Arm chair qb-ing at its finest.. CM3 was giving brown the business all game. Do you really want schaub holding the ball longer to where he'd eventually come up with a strip sack? I saw at least twice where AJ Hawk shot the A gap and was in schaub's face before he even got to the top of his drop.

Bottom line is we couldnt hold up long enough in pass pro to get the ball downfield......not to mention our plethora of recieving threats, or lack thereof anyway.

Do you think his goal was to get a penalty?

Of course not, his goal was obviously to hit the guy on top of him to get that guy to get off of him. If Manning couldn't think of any better way to do that then so be it. Enjoy your penalty Mr. Manning.

no i want a qb that can extend a play so i dont have to hear you guys make excuses for him every game. when rodgers wa sunder pressure he escaped, didnt concede sacks and made a play.. mis me with the excuses i understand the pressure, all qbs will be underpressure.. make a effin play..

been hearing the same bs excuses for years now, its never on schaub though.. o line wasnt perfect enough, receivers weren't running perfect routes, run game wasnt moving perfectly.. seems like the rest of the team has to be perfect for this guy to be "elite"..

But this goes back to the same old sh!t. Give me one option to legitimately replace Schaub and I'm all ears. Otherwise there is zero point to zinging our QB. I might not like that Schaub got signed to an extension. You might like it. To you Kubes might be a great coach. To me he might be crap. But there's no amount of grousing that can change that...especially when there is no other option at QB. Not now. Not a few years ago...and not in the forseeable future.

Still trying to figure out how that PI on Kareem was PI. Dude didn't look back and even though he didn't actually hinder the WR from catching the ball illegally, just because he didn't look back that's enough to throw the flag? Pathetic.

Still trying to figure out how that PI on Kareem was PI. Dude didn't look back and even though he didn't actually hinder the WR from catching the ball illegally, just because he didn't look back that's enough to throw the flag? Pathetic.

I know i dont get that rule do u have to look back every time ???????

i thought u can have your back to the ball but u cant touch the reciver ????????? not even lay one finger on him ..... i think cause he had his arm on the inside of the recivers arms i think u have to have your arms on the outside of his arms if your not looking back

either way i dont even think he touched him

He interfered with Jones. He never looked back, and his hand has brushing up against Jones' face mask.

Was it "the most obvious P.I. of all time"? No. It was minor.

But Jones was coming back to the ball, and KJ kept running and never turned around and there was minimal contact between the two.

I hoped we wouldn't get flagged for it, but upon the replay in slow motion I told my wife that amazingly the refs got it right. I hated it, because it meant bad things for us, but it was not an atrocious call. I think some crews might let that go, this crew did not.

We got a similar call go our way, IIRC, later on. Felt like a make-up call to me. Even'd it out, so to speak.

Who the hell cares anyways, that didn't decide the game that's for damn sure.

Hey all you who think i jinxed the game
Kiss my backside i was there till the bitter end while you were home spanking it

So we need to get ready to pluck the Ravens

Can't believe I stayed up till 6am to watch the Texans lay that turd of a game.

both the Texans lines got manhandled, except for Watt of course.

Oh well, I hope they got all the suck out of their system this game. On to Baltimore.

Seems to me that the usimg of the title jinxed the game cut and paste

Seems that you leave my thread then we win just saying CAK is to blame

Well, that sucked! Better to get it out of our system against good NFC opposition than against the AFC Ravens...need to pick ourselves up, dust off and bury that game in the ground where it belongs. We beat the Ravens and we are 1 and 0 again...thats the way to look at it, 1 game at a time.

He interfered with Jones. He never looked back, and his hand has brushing up against Jones' face mask.

Was it "the most obvious P.I. of all time"? No. It was minor.

But Jones was coming back to the ball, and KJ kept running and never turned around and there was minimal contact between the two.

I hoped we wouldn't get flagged for it, but upon the replay in slow motion I told my wife that amazingly the refs got it right. I hated it, because it meant bad things for us, but it was not an atrocious call. I think some crews might let that go, this crew did not.

We got a similar call go our way, IIRC, later on. Felt like a make-up call to me. Even'd it out, so to speak.

Who the hell cares anyways, that didn't decide the game that's for damn sure.

Yup, the right call.
Faceguarding is illegal.
KJ has gotta turn around and play the ball.

Well the team altogether let us down. Dismal running plays dismal defence and every time you turn around Rogers had the ball in the redzone. I bet the NFL channel was blowing up with all the red zone appearances from the packers. This team had better get it together, or we will be in the livingroom for January

its not the end of the world guys. the packers got man handled by the 49ers who got man handled by giants who got man handled by the cowboys lol. blowouts happen. we all knew this game was coming i rather it now then later on when it matters. yes it was a very ugly loss but we all knew rodgers wasnt going to go 2-4..hopefully this game got the texans off there high horse and they will stragiten up and beat the ravens becuase a good win erases a ugly lost..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1371319-packers-vs-texans-a-prime-time-comeuppance-for-houston

should read it they seem to be alot more optmistic then 90% the "fans" on this forum..hey we still 5-1.. patriots are 3-3..i think we doing pretty well.

Back