Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Green Bay Packers @ Houston Texans. 7:20. 10/14. **Official GameDay Thread**

Wow...just wow. Does Cushing really make that much difference?

I don't think one player has THAT much of a impact.

Right now coaches sucked and Players sucked. When that happens this is usally the result.

Looks like the only one who bought it today was Andre and Watt (Who was being double teamed most of the night but Wade did nothing about it)

We'll be 5-1 not 1-5. Texans are not a bad team, we are one of the league's best and we had a bad night tonight. This stretch of games against the Jets, Packers, and Ravens was going to be a tough road. We're still in a great position to win the division and perhaps even get homefield advantage. The key, as I've said before, is to not peak too soon. Goal #1 is to get to the playoffs and we're still in position to do that and then let's see what happens. As for tonight, Rodgers has made plenty of teams look bad and he's the league MVP for a reason. Bad game tonight. Learn from the mistakes and get ready for Baltimore.

Cushing sets the tone for the ENTIRE defense. He's the defensive QB. He effects the front seven AND the secondary.

You're fooling yourself if you think he doesn't make as big of a difference as he does.

Why do you think I was so doom-and-gloom about this?

It's like an offensive team such as the Packers losing Aaron Rodgers.

Let's focus on the positives .

Faith-Hill-Sunday-Night-Football-CountryMusicIsLove.jpg

I just can't understand how a team this depleted and so bad at protecting the qb can come in here and just destroy the texans.

Cushing sets the tone for the ENTIRE defense. He's the defensive QB. He effects the front seven AND the secondary.

You're fooling yourself if you think he doesn't make as big of a difference as he does.

He doesn't make the type of difference where Aaron Rodgers throws 5 TDs. No player makes that type of difference. That's just pathetic play on the part of the Texans D.

I knew we wold lose eventually, but to lose like this with GB running up the score just sucks. Our secondary has looked bad these past few weeks. Maybe next week we will be that team with a chip on our shoulder to prove to the NFL this was a fluke, and we are still damn good. :texflag:

LOL, JJ is still being held. The slow-mo showed the GB defender completely out of position with a handful of jersey..

Seriously, the replacement refs weren't this one-sided..

TJ

We'll be 5-1 not 1-5. Texans are not a bad team, we are one of the league's best and we had a bad night tonight. This stretch of games against the Jets, Packers, and Ravens was going to be a tough road. We're still in a great position to win the division and perhaps even get homefield advantage. The key, as I've said before, is to not peak too soon. Goal #1 is to get to the playoffs and we're still in position to do that and then let's see what happens. As for tonight, Rodgers has made plenty of teams look bad and he's the league MVP for a reason. Bad game tonight. Learn from the mistakes and get ready for Baltimore.

Good luck.

It'll be a week of overreaction.

This is still one of the best teams in the NFL, they are allowed to have bad games. The difference is when you have a bad game against another good team you are going to lose.

This team is still loaded with studs on offense and defense. They will bounce back after this.

you can still have a shoot out. How do you explain AJ, AF, MS looking horrible?

I just can't understand how a team this depleted and so bad at protecting the qb can come in here and just destroy the texans.

Texans OL sucks. It's not 2002 bad, but the right side is not good and the LG is not all that wonderful either. Texans DL appears to be one superstar that you can get away with holding against and a bunch of guys that don't take advantage of Watt being double-teamed. The linebackers are Bradie Freakin' James and Tim Dobbins. If that doesn't scare you, then nothing will.

They owned the trenches tonight.

His leg was bent back and pinned down. How would you react w a 300lb dude on you causing you that pain?

If he would have instead tried to push him off just like every other player does it would have been more effective than slapping a guy in the helmet.

The moment he closes his fist and throws a punch that's a automatic flag.

Well look at the bright side, those of you who wanted the band wagon fans gone, I think got your wish tonight.

If he would have instead tried to push him off just like every other player does it would have been more effective than slapping a guy in the helmet.

The moment he closes his fist and throws a punch that's a automatic flag.

Are you blaming that play on the final outcome? It was a stupid penalty. There are a **** ton to choose from in this game.

And my point is that the entire team is to blame tonight, but you can still see how devastating Cushing's absence is.

Ok, but Cushing's absence is still on the other side of the ball - no excuse for the offense to play like this - so I'm not convinced that his absence is devastating

Back