Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Grade the 2021 draft selections

The LB additions (Perryman, Littleton, To'o To'o) have Wallow on the outside looking in. If Wallow had real NFL talent, he would have earned more than 15% of defensive snaps on bad defenses.
You have to take into account which of the three lb positions linebackers play. Perryman a d To'oTo'o play Mike. I'm uncertain but I think Littleton plays Will. Wallow will likely be playing Sam, Kirksey's position.

I'm not certain which position Cashman, Hewitt and Hansen play.

Kirksey had a poor season last year, particularly his tackling. Wallow has an opportunity for playing time at Sam.

You have to take into account which of the three lb positions linebackers play. Perryman a d To'oTo'o play Mike. I'm uncertain but I think Littleton plays Will. Wallow will likely be playing Sam, Kirksey's position.

Kirksey had a poor season last year, particularly his tackling. Wallow has an opportunity for playing time at Sam.
I was thinking Harris was going to be moving to the MIKE position.

I was thinking Harris was going to be moving to the MIKE position.
Where does that leave Perryman? Sam? Perryman's strength is as a thumper against the run. Usually it's the Will and Mike in two lb formations, so moving Perryman to Sam may be a good move. So who's at Will, Littleton? Don't know much about him. Seems to have been injury free last season with the Panthers but stat wise doesn't seem to have had a good year despite starting 15 games.

If Harris moves to Mike, the Will may be a weak position/questionable position on our defense.

Depending on Kirksey and his competition our best lineup may be Harris, Perryman, Kirksey/?.

Jake Hansen is a bit of an unknown/wildcard. Made the 53 last year as an UDFA. Had pretty good stats in limited action, in 5 games. Good size. Likely position is Sam? Competition for Wallow?

I have heard nothing but great things about To'oTo'o. Other players, staff, reporters who were at OTAs and more. All have said they were shocked by how the guy knows the play it seems all the time. He has pointed out where a skill player is and told teammates the play. He knows the D playbook and seems to have a firm grasp on the offense to. And his ability to go sideline to sideline is also a big topic. I heard someone comment about had he not skipped the senior bowl for an undisclosed injury and transferred schools...he would have been a higher round pick. He was ranked a 3rd round pick by draft scout. It basically says he does many things right, but nothing amazing. That he plays his position and is not fooled by much.

I have heard nothing but great things about To'oTo'o. Other players, staff, reporters who were at OTAs and more. All have said they were shocked by how the guy knows the play it seems all the time. He has pointed out where a skill player is and told teammates the play. He knows the D playbook and seems to have a firm grasp on the offense to. And his ability to go sideline to sideline is also a big topic. I heard someone comment about had he not skipped the senior bowl for an undisclosed injury and transferred schools...he would have been a higher round pick. He was ranked a 3rd round pick by draft scout. It basically says he does many things right, but nothing amazing. That he plays his position and is not fooled by much.
Although projected at Mike, might he move over to Sam? Or Perryman move to Sam? Linebacker will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

We may have two good ones in Harris and To'oTo'o. Just how the two line up will be something to watch.

I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but the top 2 LBs, Warner and Greenlaw, received the majority of the snaps as the Niners were in nickel over 50% of the time. LB3 received less than 50% of the snaps. LB4 got 15%, and LB5 7%. LB6 was activated for 3 games.

The reserves will need to know all of the positions. I think in a perfect world, To’o To’o(TT) will play well enough to be LB4 and the Texans can cut Kirksey. If not, there’s only one spot with Hansen, Cashman, and Wallow battling it out. Don’t forget about the waiver wire, as well.

Although projected at Mike, might he move over to Sam? Or Perryman move to Sam? Linebacker will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

We may have two good ones in Harris and To'oTo'o. Just how the two line up will be something to watch.

I really think Henry is going to be better than previous opinions or his draft projected spot/s. The missing of the senior bowl and the injury (still can't find anything on what it was) hurt him. Plus the transfer. Kid apparently has skills, IQ and a nose for the ball.

I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but the top 2 LBs, Warner and Greenlaw, received the majority of the snaps as the Niners were in nickel over 50% of the time. LB3 received less than 50% of the snaps. LB4 got 15%, and LB5 7%. LB6 was activated for 3 games.

The reserves will need to know all of the positions. I think in a perfect world, To’o To’o(TT) will play well enough to be LB4 and the Texans can cut Kirksey. If not, there’s only one spot with Hansen, Cashman, and Wallow battling it out. Don’t forget about the waiver wire, as well.
If you're projecting TT as LB4, who is LB3?

Littleton. Perryman and Harris get the majority of LB snaps.
Why did Littleton have such a poor season last year? And his two seasons with LV were not that good. In fact, Kirksey had better stats last year and the two were about the same in 2021. Unless there is much of a contract advantage between the two, I don't see any upgrade in the two this coming season. There seems an opportunity for one of the younger players.

I know a couple fourth rounders who are ballers. So I expect any starter to play some decent football.

I know a guy by the name of Tom Brady who will be a first ballot Hall of Famer as well.

So many examples of late round picks succeeding in the NFL.

But imo Mills doesn’t get a freaking B. Lol
Would you rather give him D?

I’d give him a “I”….Incomplete. Texans never set this guy up for any kind of success. He was told this pile of shite would gradually turn to gold as it dried out…..it didn’t.
I agree on Mills. He doesn't seem to have that Mojo/it factor to make plays, but he hasn't been the worst QB of the 2021 draft class either. Unfortunately for him his 2 years in the league coincided with the worst coaching and offensive weapons of any NFL team. It will be interesting to see if Mills blossoms this year under a good scheme and coaching staff. I currently consider him an average back-up.

I agree on Mills. He doesn't seem to have that Mojo/it factor to make plays, but he hasn't been the worst QB of the 2021 draft class either. Unfortunately for him his 2 years in the league coincided with the worst coaching and offensive weapons of any NFL team. It will be interesting to see if Mills blossoms this year under a good scheme and coaching staff. I currently consider him an average back-up.
I dunno what Lance has done to receive the #3 rating in that group ?
And if Shanny & Lynch weren't so beloved by the national media they would have received much more criticism by now for such a badly advised and expensive draft pick.

Funny thing is that To'oTo'o's pro comp coming into the draft was Kirksey. Nothing done amazing, but everything done well. He can go sideline to sideline and his football IQ is great.

I am curious about seeing how Mills looks in say a week of TC. Didn't hear anything about him from yesterday. But I think he might be in a system that fits him now. Unless CJ wets the bed, he will be QB1. Mills I think can make a strong push for the QB2 spot. We shall see if he looks good during TC and preseason

Back