Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

GM Candidates

76Texan

Hall of Fame
So, if Watson has a very good game and the Texans win....it was due to the Titans poor defense. If the Texans lose and Watson has a good game....it was due to 1 to 3 throws that completely swayed the game in the Titans favor and Watson really must go if the Texans have any desire to win the SB. Ok, got it......heads you win and tails you lose.
Texans will win.
Nothing else matters. :fans::doot:

Texansballer74

Hall of Fame
So, if Watson has a very good game and the Texans win....it was due to the Titans poor defense. If the Texans lose and Watson has a good game....it was due to 1 to 3 throws that completely swayed the game in the Titans favor and Watson really must go if the Texans have any desire to win the SB. Ok, got it......heads you win and tails you lose.

This pretty much sums it up. There’s no more blaming Bill O’Brien so it’s all on number 4. Lol

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
You know there's zero chance McCloughan is hired here. No one else is hiring him, so that should tell you everything you need to know. You're wasting keystrokes bringing him up. Has Wolf ever run a draft? He gets by on name recognition, as far as I can tell.

Nick Martin, Tyron Smith, Jaylin Smith, Dak Prescott, DeMarcus Lawrence, Byron Jones, Maliek Collins, Zeke Elliot, Leighton Vander Esch, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb. I would put the recent Cowboys drafts up against any teams.
I guess you haven't seen the Cowboys defense

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
They lost 4 starters to FA from a top 10 defense and didn't spend to replace them, choosing to stockpile the offense. A familiar situation to the other Texas team. That's not McClay's decision.
They drafted many defensive player over the last few years including this last draft.

Trystan Hill comes to mind.

banned1976

All Pro
After reading the input from everyone posting in this thread about GM candidates, and following up with my own research on the names mentioned, it’s kind of exciting. There’s some really tremendous potential with a lot of these guys. Let’s see what happens and root for some wins this year. It is much more enjoyable to see Watson lining up in the victory formation at the end rthan scrambling around collecting garbage stats or taking sacks as the clock counts down to another loss.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Has Wolf ever run a draft? He gets by on name recognition, as far as I can tell.
Has he run a draft? NO, but of all the people who've never run a draft, he is the most qualified. Wolf is only 38 years old but has been sitting in every draft day draft room since he was 6 years old. That's 30 years plus. So he probably has a better idea on how to run a draft than some current GMs.

Lucky

Staff member
Has he run a draft? NO, but of all the people who've never run a draft, he is the most qualified. Wolf is only 38 years old but has been sitting in every draft day draft room since he was 6 years old. That's 30 years plus. So he probably has a better idea on how to run a draft than some current GMs.
That's exactly my point. The guy's credentials are his father's accomplishments. Not handing over the keys to the franchise to a guy because he was running around a draft room as a tyke.

OptimisticTexan

Go Texans 1-1...Post OB!!!!!
That's exactly my point. The guy's credentials are his father's accomplishments. Not handing over the keys to the franchise to a guy because he was running around a draft room as a tyke.
He’s been running around and performing in a professional capacity within the confines of draft rooms “since” he was a tyke. He’s considered the next up and coming GM with a real eye for talent. I also like the fact that he could bring Alonzo Highsmith with....who also has a good eye for talent and is considered an up and comer.

Lynch surprised a lot of folks with his work in SF.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Eliot's tutelage from his Hall of Fame father aside, he has been an NFL Exec for 16 years. Most of that under Ted Thompson and Bill Belichick just hired him as a consultant. So that does not count for anything because he was a draft room tyke? Belichick, Saban and Manning were all football field tykes.

Lucky

Staff member
Eliot's tutelage from his Hall of Fame father aside, he has been an NFL Exec for 16 years. Most of that under Ted Thompson and Bill Belichick just hired him as a consultant. So that does not count for anything because he was a draft room tyke? Belichick, Saban and Manning were all football field tykes.
The Packers passed on Wolf as GM when Thompson stepped down. I'm not going to list the guys that worked under Belichick that failed elsewhere. My fingers would go numb. And let's not forget Wolf's previous job, as the Browns assistant GM. The highest position he's attained, thus far. I'm not placing the blame of the Browns' history of failures on Wolf's shoulders. But, I'm not giving him an "Atta boy!", either.

Nothing on Wolf's resume suggests he's the guy to lead the Texans organization. I don't even know where his expertise lies, and I doubt you do. Now if the next GM wants to bring Wolf in a lower capacity, I have no problem with that. He's just not the top dog.