Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread: Texans vs. the Cold Pack

Ok, I am sitting in Green Bay and it is freaking cold this a.m. Right now, the wind chill is -19 degrees. Looks like it will "warm up" to 12 degrees at kickoff and 17 degrees by game's end - both with lower single digit wind chills.

This should be a close game and it is nice to see the local press giving us pretty good coverage...especially AJ.

It is nice to see so many Texans fans here - I have come across many in the hotel and around town. For an expansion team, we will be nicely represented.

Here are the current numbers for the two teams today.

Offense (Total NFL Ranking)

YPG: (5) Houston 367, (12) Green Bay 340
Rushing YPG: (15) Houston 115, (18) Green Bay 111
Passing YPG: (5) Houston 252, (10) Green Bay 228
Total Points per Game: (5) Green Bay 27, (15) Houston 23

Defense (Total NFL Ranking)

YPG: (16) Green Bay 329, (21) Houston 338
Rushing YPG: (23) Houston 128, (27) Green Bay 141
Passing YPG: (5) Green Bay 187, (15) Houston 209
Total Points per Game: (22) Green Bay 24, (24) Houston 25

Add to that, the Packers D has intercepted 17 to their opponents 10, and both teams have collected a lame 20 sacks each.

It's a very even match, but the Packers have us by the weather. I really hope they are fired up today, in every sense of the phrase.

I'm ready for this game. After seeing a game live, its going to be weird watching it on TV. Now I know why going to NFL games is so addictive.

Mandatory Check in.

I'm awake, cold and well fed.

One guy who won't be cold today is Super Steve Slaton - Gash'em Steve!

Looking out for a big game from The Weatherman and stevie wonder.

I really want Mario to have a big time performance. I think the Packer OT's are not up to snuff this year and he can take advantage of that.

Looking out for a big game from The Weatherman and stevie wonder.

I really want Mario to have a big time performance. I think the Packer OT's are not up to snuff this year and he can take advantage of that.

They are down right weak.:whip:

I certainly hope it doesn't happen but this is one game, one situation this season where the Texans would have a perfect excuse(s) to lay a giant egg.

Super Mario is licking his chops knowing that a big time performance today can get him back in the hunt for the 08 sack king title :)

Really I think the wheels have just come off this year. Both clifton and tauscher are probowl tackles that went last year (I'm pretty sure).

Just like the disclaimers of internet "self-serve" stock investment sites always flash up on their TV commercials: "Past results do not ensure future performance:winky:."

Who is inactive today?

nfl.com said:
Texans: QB Craig Nail (3rd), SS Nick Ferguson, CB Matterral Richardson, FS Will Demps, LB Kevis Coley, G Kasey Studdard, OT Rashad Butler, TE Mark Bruener.

Analysis: QB Matt Schaub is active and will start, as expected.

Packers: QB Brian Brohm (3rd), SS Atari Bigby, CB Joe Porter, RB DeShawn Wynn, OLB Brandon Chillar, T Breno Giacomini, G Allen Barbre, DE Jeremy Thompson.

Analysis: RB Ryan Grant is active and will start, as expected. He’s a fine play against the Texans. RB Brandon Jackson and CB Charles Woodson are also active for the Packers.
Looks like Harrison is starting for Ferguson.

Which is why a win today is so important....
Important in what regard??? The Texans playoff chances went bye-bye several weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the team win any game they play. I just don't see the importance.

Right. But, how does that relate to anything I said?

*sigh*

It's important to win in a game about winning. I don't have the time or the inclination to go into how many reasons it's important to win today. Important in what regard? Please.

Yes, the sun shines tomorrow, but in sports it's kind of a good thing to win the game.

Watch for clues from the RG #72
Almost all the times, one can tell whether it's a pass or a run, and if it's a run, where the flow goes.

The Packs run the ZBS just like us, but they don't run up the midlle as much.
They have 2 big RBs that have decent speed and can get to the edge. Our LBs would better be ready, and the guys in the back need to give them some support.

They kinda use #72 like we used Pitts last year to pull and block in the running game. But since they run the midzone and outside zone more, he'll pull to the edge.
We used to pull Pitts to go up between the RG (Weary or Brisiel) and the RT (Winston).

Supposedly, we match up with them quite well and it should be a high scoring game. But you can never tell with this kind of weather.

Supposedly we can run on them. And if we do that, we can keep their offense off the field more. That is what I'm hoping for.

Green Bay run D worst in the league, Woodson moved to Safety.

1st/10 42: Schaub passes left side Caught by Walter TOUCHDOWN TEXANS!!! 58 yards!

Back