Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday Thread: Texans vs Coyboys

that was an ugly run attempt.

battling the red zone and 55 seconds... can ..... they.... do it?!?!

It's all Kim Kardashians fault. Jessica Simpson was to blame in 08, now she is the new distraction.

no the kardashian bring a good curse my friend

Kim was with reggie bush..... Saints win it all

Khloe was with Lamar Odom..... Lakers champs

if kim gets with a cowboy this could get ugly

Looks like Big Cedric got our boys moving piles. Schaub has a couple more
miles on his fastball, and the o-line got good push on a QB Sneak.

Out with Sissy Riley's Machines
In with Big Cedric's Weights.

For the most part, the O-line has done a good job of run blocking and pass blocking... that is a pleasant surprise to me.

We don't need to test our kickers on 20-yard attempts. We do need to figure out how to score from the red zone. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

All that shooting gaps with wreckless abandon will get us killed.
Picture a more-accurate Mark Sanchez.

How so? They put the ball in the hands of the best player on the field, AJ. How is that a bad idea??

I would have tried to put the ball in the end zone to a tight end or on a fade there. Getting the ball to Andre 5,6 yards out and wishing for him to "pull an Arizona" is admirable but in a real game situation where you're gonna want 7, I wouldn't go with that call, not at that angle anyway.

While it was a very good first half its still hard to watch us struggle in the red zone... we should atleast have 17 if not 21 points right now. Anyway good first half nonetheless.

All that shooting gaps with wreckless abandon will get us killed.
Picture a more-accurate Mark Sanchez.

I'm sorry did you just use the word accurate and Mark Sanchez in the same sentence? Manning I would agree but Sanchez, ppppst.please

The Jets did just fine last year shooting gaps...

I would have tried to put the ball in the end zone to a tight end or on a fade there. Getting the ball to Andre 5,6 yards out and wishing for him to "pull an Arizona" is admirable but in a real game situation where you're gonna want 7, I wouldn't go with that call, not at that angle anyway.

Wouldn't that depend on the defensive alignment you're facing. After re-watching the play, the boys were back in zone.
If they had been in man, I'd agree with you.
But it's tough to make a fade work against a zone D populated with SIX DBs from inside the 6 yd line.

It would have been smarter to check out of that into something that ran Foster up the middle.

I haven't read through the 17 pages to get the feel of the feedback on the game, but here's my thoughts:

1) Defense looks great! A hell of a lot better than last week.

2) Offense is moving the ball at will, but our red zone woes are aggrevating as hell.

3) Foster looks great pounding the rock.

4) Special teams are giving up way too much field position to the Cowboys. It looks like the Cowboys are averaging the 30 yard line as their starting point, not a good thing. I'm not sure where the blame is. I think it's a combo of not enough hang time to give the guys a chance to get down there, not enough containment on the runner, and poor tackling.

5) Andre and Jacoby look great. I'd like to see Anderson & Walter get involved more.

6) There have been a few WTF throws by Schaub. I'm not sure if it's a bad route by the receiver or a bad throw.......possibly a combo, but they are begging to get picked off.

I'm sorry did you just use the word accurate and Mark Sanchez in the same sentence? Manning I would agree but Sanchez, ppppst.please

I was referring to playing the Cowboys in the regular season. When we
played the Jets, on 3rd and long, Sanchez would constantly use his mobility to get
out of trouble. Romo is just as mobile as Sanchez, but much more accurate.

In other words, wrecklessly shooting gaps on 3rd downs, will get us
killed with the QB's mobility, only Romo is far more accurate than Sanchez.

I was referring to playing the Cowboys in the regular season. When we
played the Jets, on 3rd and long, Sanchez would constantly use his mobility to get
out of trouble. Romo is just as mobile as Sanchez, but much more accurate.

In other words, wrecklessly shooting gaps on 3rd downs, will get us
killed with the QB's mobility, only Romo is far more accurate than Sanchez.

Don't forget VY, that was aggravating as hell last year too. They need to watch the draws and screens

i think I'd start bringing in some twos and threes, at least on offense for the 3rd quarter. First half looked good and wouldn't want to risk the starters for the rest of the game.

or, maybe just one more series for the ones

Back