Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread: Texans vs Coyboys

I gotta say the stadium emptied quick...
The team looked great today-hope this leads into the regular season.
:trophy::gotexans1

How long until we here the cowgirl fans, who really don't acknowledge the Texans, wonder over to our blogs explaining how vanilla the preseason is?

The Texans played well (maybe a few more FG's instead of TD's than I'd like to see) and I don't want to take anything away from that but I really wish the Cowboys had played better. They were having one of those "Can't get out of your own way" kind of nights and I think we'd have learned more about how much better/worse the Texans are than the Cowboys if that hadn't been the case.

Still a lot of fun. Great game (for us). I hope the real one in a few weeks looks kind of like that. I also hope the Texans don't go out expecting it to be that easy the next time around.

The Texans played well (maybe a few more FG's instead of TD's than I'd like to see) and I don't want to take anything away from that but I really wish the Cowboys had played better. They were having one of those "Can't get out of your own way" kind of nights and I think we'd have learned more about how much better/worse the Texans are than the Cowboys if that hadn't been the case.

Still a lot of fun. Great game (for us). I hope the real one in a few weeks looks kind of like that. I also hope the Texans don't go out expecting it to be that easy the next time around.

They have been having trouble with thier first team all pre-season. I think the home field helped us a bunch. I was forced to watch online, but the crowd sounded loud and I didn't hear a lot of cowboy infiltration noise while we had the ball.

Yeah and so are cowgirl fans who say they could care less about the Texans yet post regularly on our blogs

That is pretty lame. It isn't either or. I don't talk noise. I talk football and have since 05. I just think preseason stuff is hilarious. You can try this line elsewhere. The real fans know who I am. Too bad that is becoming rare around here.

That is pretty lame. It isn't either or. I don't talk noise. I talk football and have since 05. I just think preseason stuff is hilarious. You can try this line elsewhere. The real fans know who I am. Too bad that is becoming rare around here.

I can't say I agree with you there. While the final score is obviously irrelevant, the first team showed some promise tonight from what I saw. I'm not overly excited, but it's good to see that the Texans play physical football. While it's a given that the schemes will be vanilla, Each team plays their starters to make plays.

I can't say I agree with you there. While the final score is obviously irrelevant, the first team showed some promise tonight from what I saw. I'm not overly excited, but it's good to see that the Texans play physical football. While it's a given that the schemes will be vanilla, Each team plays their starters to make plays.

Agree. The Texans looked really sharp. The Cowboys didn't. Last week the roles were kind of reversed. I didn't even watch tonight. Kept up on here. I'm just a person that thinks these games are so volatile with schemes, what they are working on, etc . I don't take much from them. My concern from the Cowboys is their O-line being healthy for the 1st game and if they can get it done this year. The Texans is staying consistent from week to week and red zone. I already admitted last week that the Texans are stacked talent wise this year and could be better than the Cowboys. I just don't put stock in preseason because who knows what they are working on.

Agree. The Texans looked really sharp. The Cowboys didn't. Last weel the roles were kind of reversed. I didn't even watch tonight. Kept up on here. I'm just a person that thinks these games are so volatile with schemes, what they are working on, etc . I don't take much from them. My concern from the Cowboys is their O-line being healthy for the 1st game and if they can get it done this year. The Texans is staying consistent from week to week and red zone. I already admitted last week that the Texans are stacked talent wise this year and could be better than the Cowboys. I just don't put stock in preseason because who knows what they are working on.

Yep.

It was just a preseason game. All the Texans did today was calm down their fans and give Wade Phillips something to use to fire up his team in the regular season. There's no way it goes like this in the real game... but I'd love it if it did!

:texflag:

Yep.

It was just a preseason game. All the Texans did today was calm down their fans and give Wade Phillips something to use to fire up his team in the regular season. There's no way it goes like this in the real game... but I'd love it if it did!

I want to see them maintain this focus over four quarters of sixteen games.
The Texans have never done that; but if they do, they will be tough to beat.

Agree. The Texans looked really sharp. The Cowboys didn't. Last weel the roles were kind of reversed. I didn't even watch tonight. Kept up on here. I'm just a person that thinks these games are so volatile with schemes, what they are working on, etc . I don't take much from them. My concern from the Cowboys is their O-line being healthy for the 1st game and if they can get it done this year. The Texans is staying consistent from week to week and red zone. I already admitted last week that the Texans are stacked talent wise this year and could be better than the Cowboys. I just don't put stock in preseason because who knows what they are working on.

I completly expect to see another Cowboys team during the regualr season, and while we will have OD, we will be without Cushing. And we have yet to see what our young backfield will look like when they are facing a healthy cowboys team. I heard Kubiak mention when asked about not showing too much, that there are several weeks between their regualr season match-up and it only makes sense to play to win.

I completly expect to see another Cowboys team during the regualr season, and while we will have OD, we will be without Cushing. And we have yet to see what our young backfield will look like when they are facing a healthy cowboys team. I heard Kubiak mention when asked about not showing too much, that there are several weeks between their regualr season match-up and it only makes sense to play to win.

I think it will be a full out battle come real season. I can see either team winning. Like I said, each team has some chinks that need cleaning. The Cowboys O-line better get in sync and the Texans need to stay level and take advantage of moving the ball.

Yep.

Yes it was. I'm sure the 'boys and their fans feel like we did last week. I'm really glad to see the 1's come out and dominate like they did. I want to see that sharpness play after play week in and week out.

:fans:

The tables were turned this week. We were playing a Super Bowl, and they were practicing.

It's just insane to think anything of this game, anything too positve anyway.

Neither starting tackle was in the game. How many sacks did we get?

The tables were turned this week. We were playing a Super Bowl, and they were practicing.

It's just insane to think anything of this game, anything too positve anyway.

Neither starting tackle was in the game. How many sacks did we get?

Okay I get the spirit of your post, but don't over humble the Texans by their effort. I don't think the Saints were playing their super bowl last week, but they showed up and played football. Today we showed up and played football.

Okay I get the spirit of your post, but don't over humble the Texans by their effort. I don't think the Saints were playing their super bowl last week, but they showed up and played football. Today we showed up and played football.

Last week they wanted to put on a show for their Home crowd, just like we did today.

That preseason game meant nothing to us, just like today's game meant nothing to them.

Last edited:
Last week they wanted to put on a show for their Home crowd, just like we did today.

That preseason game meant nothing to us, just like today's game meant nothing to us.

Okay i can dig it. I wonder how many players fighting for jobs are worried about showing too much. I will shout from the highest tower that theses games mean nothing as far as W's and L's, but to say these games mean NOTHING than begs me to ask the question of why you even watched? I bet the players wanted to win.

Okay, I think I am coming across like these games mean more than they do and that is not my point. I'm just glad we played physical ball today and that's it.

I want to see them maintain this focus over four quarters of sixteen games.
The Texans have never done that; but if they do, they will be tough to beat.

DexmanC said something positive about the Texans. :thud:

Just kidding. The Texans looked good against an obviously inept Dallas team. A Dallas team that will NOT look like that in regular season, so yeah, I'm not getting overly exicited yet.

Next game the scrubs play, then it's for real. I am waiting on pins and needles for that Indy opener to see who we really are. I have hope though. This will be the best team the Texans have ever put on the field. It's high time for a change around these parts.

Okay i can dig it. I wonder how many players fighting for jobs are worried about showing too much. I will shout from the highest tower that theses games mean nothing as far as W's and L's, but to say these games mean NOTHING than begs me to ask the question of why you even watched? I bet the players wanted to win.

I think evaluating individual players is the main thing we get out of Preseason games.

We broke their spirit. They looked horrible, preseason, regular season, postseason, off season, whatever season, the cowboys SUCKED.:turtle:

Reliant was so loud tonight!! Just got back to beaumont from the game and from all the games i've been to, especially for preseason, that was definitely one of the loudest crowds i've heard. I think the optimism for this year is very high and it's even getting the tailgaters in their seats on time.

Definitely a fun one tonight, don't think the cowboys will play this poorly come week 3, but that game will be even louder and more fun. Can't wait.

My only complaint for this game was Phill Simms making excuses for the Moo Boys. Other than that, it was a good day for the Texans.

I just read that the crowd noise was the reason Felix Jones missed the pitch from Romo and turned it over. Romo had called an audible, and Jones couldn't hear it because the crowd got louder. Romo's going to start using some hand signals in audibles now.

I just read that the crowd noise was the reason Felix Jones missed the pitch from Romo and turned it over. Romo had called an audible, and Jones couldn't hear it because the crowd got louder. Romo's going to start using some hand signals in audibles now.

He wasn't even looking for the ball - he was looking more for the blocking and lanes first, then realized he oughta secure the ball first.

He wasn't even looking for the ball - he was looking more for the blocking and lanes first, then realized he oughta secure the ball first.

The play was originally designed as a handoff. Romo changed it to a pitch, which Jones couldn't hear.

Did we operate out of the Shotgun that much last year in Preseason. Is that a Preseason thing or a Dennison thing?

Hell it seemed like Schaub was in the Gun less than 20 times all of last season.

Did we operate out of the Shotgun that much last year in Preseason. Is that a Preseason thing or a Dennison thing?

Hell it seemed like Schaub was in the Gun less than 20 times all of last season.

I noticed that too. I don't recall Schaub operating out of the Gun very much last season either.

I picked him up in our 3rd rd and all the other dudes were like, "What? Who?"

What kind of guys are you playing FF with? Can I play in this league? Lol!

I know that Foster isn't some big name guy and all, but anyone in Houston should know full well about Foster by now if they pay any attention to the NFL or this franchise.

Last year, he'd go into the gun only on 3rd and long. I'm sure he'll need
more time considering the type of defenses that litter the schedule this
season. Shotgun is a good formation to go to, when you have Jacoby,
Kevin, Dre, and (Owen, James) to go to out there.

My only complaint for this game was Phill Simms making excuses for the Moo Boys. Other than that, it was a good day for the Texans.

Noticed that to. Something about they were not wanting to show anything so as not to tip their hand for the week 3 game. If that was the case, they still played poorly regardless of what excuses are being made. Looked like the Texans did last week against N.O.

I know that Foster isn't some big name guy and all, but anyone in Houston should know full well about Foster by now if they pay any attention to the NFL or this franchise.

I only play in leagues with non-Houstonians so they never know our players at all. A lot of them still consider Slaton our #1 RB.

I was hoping to get Foster in the later rounds, but I had to take him in the fifth. He was the highest ranked RB left when I took him to back up Gore. I'm still happy with the pick and I think he'll be worth that spot.

Everyone in my FFL lives in Houston. They know the Texans. Foster wouldn't have lasted until rd 5. Andre Johnson went EARLY in round one. Schaub went as one of the top five. I doubt that would have happened in a league full of yankee types.

I hate the Cowboys. Loathe the Cowboys.

I very much enjoyed the spanking administered to them by your Houston Texans.

Watching that-team-from-Dallas come unraveled in so many new and exciting ways made for an enjoyable Saturday night game following our win vs. Dan Siego and TPPR

Back