Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday Thread: Chiefs @ Texans

Holy crap, what a finish.

Wife kept laughing at me, I'm on the bed with my pillow over my head (Kubiak style), trying to drink beer, watch and not watch... all at the same time.

This rollercoaster team of ours is in big trouble, but we DO have an offense, when we really want to. I'm thinking we should come out with our 'panic playbook' in the first quarter from now on, rack up 70 points a game and screw how many points the opposing team scores...

to all that are so optimistic wit the atta boy texans talk.......go look at our back half of the scedule plus we havent even playd but one game in division....and say u feel we got this with that defense

LOL at Steve Tasker who is now realized to be mentally challenged.

After the whole game where he brown noses the Chiefs he...

-Spends 8 minutes over-dramatizing the Brandon Flowers pass interference that doesn't even matter because Andre still caught the ball? Then I think he follows up the actual call of defensive pass interference by saying something like "And they are going to tack on EVEN MORE yards" (uhh no they aren't)

-"Oh wow...this is going to be a long field goal but they have a chance!! YAY" After the Chiefs complete a 20 something yard pass to get them in Texans territory with seconds left and down by FOUR.

He also called Matt Cassel, Matt Schaub several times

Hey, a Matt is a Matt is a Matt! :)

In 8 years, I have never been so unsatisfied or angry after a win. This defense is pathetic. I'm happy they won of course....but this is just a blip on the way to another 8-8 or 9-7 type finish, and they will probably have a good December when it doesn't matter and McNair will yet again give this staff another year.

Mediocrity is not only accepted but embraced by the ownership.

I feel the same way. Something has got to change if this team wants to see Week 18.

and PS....we dont have a offense...stop sayin that.....

until our offense plays like that for a complete 60 mins i dont want to hear or see we got a explosive offense that scores at will

In years' past we would have lost this game as we would have lost against Washington - but this year we didn't. That gives me hope. Yes, our defense is awful - but we won anyway. I find that impressive. We are 4-2 going into the bye. That is a good thing.:texflag:

100%......and don't forget, we're still unbeaten in the AFC. Had we lost, there would be the usual "great teams would win games like these". Instead, we are treated to the usual negative comments following a victory. I guess there's always something to complain about.......complain on.........

Wow! What a comeback win! Great way for our offense to head into the bye week. As for the defense, something MUST happen between now and our next game. This is unacceptable and Bob McNair has to make that clear to the player, coaches, and to the gm. This is the most pathetic excuse for a defense we have here in Houston. Why in the world do we give every receiver a 5-10yard cushion??? No wonder the Chiefs completed most of their 3rd down when all they have to do is run little slant routes and find yourself WIDE open. I'm happy but like Porky said, I'm also really pissed off at our defense.

and PS....we dont have a offense...stop sayin that.....

until our offense plays like that for a complete 60 mins i dont want to hear or see we got a explosive offense that scores at will

35 points indicates that we DO have an offense, spin it any way you want..

In 8 years, I have never been so unsatisfied or angry after a win. This defense is pathetic. I'm happy they won of course....but this is just a blip on the way to another 8-8 or 9-7 type finish, and they will probably have a good December when it doesn't matter and McNair will yet again give this staff another year.

Mediocrity is not only accepted but embraced by the ownership.

Rep.

Tasker after we score our game winning TD: 'Wow!' followed by 30 seconds of silence. If the Chiefs had been the ones scoring the game winner he would have only shut up long enough to lick their balls.

Wow! What a comeback win! Great way for our offense to head into the bye week. As for the defense, something MUST happen between now and our next game. This is unacceptable and Bob McNair has to make that clear to the player, coaches, and to the gm. This is the most pathetic excuse for a defense we have here in Houston. Why in the world do we give every receiver a 5-10yard cushion??? No wonder the Chiefs completed most of their 3rd down when all they have to do is run little slant routes and find yourself WIDE open. I'm happy but like Porky said, I'm also really pissed off at our defense.

agreed.

Rep! Exactly how I feel. Great win but our defense needs to play better, better playcalling, SOMETHING!

be optimistic all u want....but we aint gonna be able to pull that kinda win against a real steelers and ravens type defense...thats for sure......

if that horrible defense doesnt get fixed we are goin nowhere

I'm confused. Is it the offense that's the problem or the defense?

35 points indicates that we DO have an offense, spin it any way you want..

if that offense shows up one whole game or 2 games in a row.....Im with u all the way....but if it shows ups only when we are down by 14 with our backs against the wall....not so much

when i see it from whistle to whistle...then i will say its fixed...but just last week against the giants....i sure didnt see it....if its a offense thats explosive....thats game in game out....just my opinion

LOL at Steve Tasker who is now realized to be mentally challenged.

After the whole game where he brown noses the Chiefs he...

-Spends 8 minutes over-dramatizing the Brandon Flowers pass interference that doesn't even matter because Andre still caught the ball? Then I think he follows up the actual call of defensive pass interference by saying something like "And they are going to tack on EVEN MORE yards" (uhh no they aren't)

Haha, to add on to the Steve Tasker rant. I just rewatched the game winning and drive and the defensive pass interference call was DECLINED by us so it makes him dwelling on it look even more retarded

I'm confused. Is it the offense that's the problem or the defense?

both the offense is jekyl and hyde to....our defense and offense takes games when they decide to show up.....that cannot happen if we plan on doing something big this season.....

did u see the offense last week??????.....no...becuz they decided to not show up...thats my point....and it didnt show up today until late second half

Last edited:
That was a fantastic win...kind of. Thank god for Andre Johnson. I'll keep the criticisms on hold until tomorrow, right now lets just celebrate stealing one from the jaws of defeat.

:texflag:

both the offense in jekyl and hyde to....our defense and offense takes games when they decide to show up.....that cannot happen if we plan on doing something big this season.....

did u see the offense last week??????.....no...becuz they decided to not show up...thats my point....and it didnt show up today until late second half

Ok.

if that offense shows up one whole game or 2 games in a row.....Im with u all the way....but if it shows ups only when we are down by 14 with our backs against the wall....not so much

when i see it from whistle to whistle...then i will say its fixed...but just last week against the giants....i sure didnt see it....if its a offense thats explosive....thats game in game out....just my opinion

My point being, we HAVE an offense, is it consistant... hell no... But when we have the ability to rack up 21 points in the fourth quarter alone it's an indication that we have the ability to go crazy on the attack.

As I mentioned I would like to see us use the 'panic playbook' starting in the first quarter, rack up 70 points and ignore whatever happens on defense.

At this point I'm VERY dissapointed in Dennison, unimaginative, boring, stale vanilla plays on offense, I'm not missing the HB pass but damn, in the first 3 quarters it's either a hail mary kind of pass, or a run... there's a reason why OD lead the league in TE yards last year (before injury), last year we made use of the over the middle passes... this year it seems as if these passes are only part of the 'panic playbook'... Funny thing is... it still works... KEEP DOING IT! :(

Our offense is terrible, our defense is pathetic, our coaches are all idiots, and we probably will never win another game.....ever.

THERE! Now, everything will seem positive from here on out.

BTW......we won the (^&*ing) game.:texflag:

I'm happy about the win. This was not some scrub team. This team has lost so many close games, they are becoming experts at winning them.

Our defense sucks though. Completely. That game there was no bright spots on defense.

btw did anyone notice that McNair made his way down to the field? any chance someone got a talking to?

I'm happy about the win. This was not some scrub team. This team has lost so many close games, they are becoming experts at winning them.

Our defense sucks though. Completely. That game there was no bright spots on defense.

Sack to end the game? :D

My point being, we HAVE an offense, is it consistant... hell no... But when we have the ability to rack up 21 points in the fourth quarter alone it's an indication that we have the ability to go crazy on the attack.
As I mentioned I would like to see us use the 'panic playbook' starting in the first quarter, rack up 70 points and ignore whatever happens on defense.

At this point I'm VERY dissapointed in Dennison, unimaginative, boring, stale vanilla plays on offense, I'm not missing the HB pass but damn, in the first 3 quarters it's either a hail mary kind of pass, or a run... there's a reason why OD lead the league in TE yards last year (before injury), last year we made use of the over the middle passes... this year it seems as if these passes are only part of the 'panic playbook'... Funny thing is... it still works... KEEP DOING IT! :(

I'm with u......but 21 points in the 4th alone doesnt exactly give me the warm and fuzzies....cuz im terrified at having to do that again time in and time out against other teams becuz we are not consistent

which brings me to the point......at almost the halfway point in the season....why on earth isnt this team as a whole consistent?????.......whos to blame for this?????....its pretty pathetic if u ask me......and leads me to believe we have a coach that just can not have his team prepared

Wow! What everyone is saying is wrong with the team is absolutely correct. However, they managed to buy some more time to fix things (with they bye week), and I hope they do! :texflag:

What another thriller of a game! Its sure looks that having a 90% Dre, OD, and Jacoby on the field sure makes all the difference for the O to get things going. Derrick Ward looks like a great complement to Foster too!

2 weeks to fix that D, get healthy and go play #18.

C'mon people...enjoy the win. If you want to see what REAL 2010 disappointment looks like, tune into FOX right now.

the texans are going to give me a friggin heart attack with the extreme highs and lows! defense sucks, but heck of a win ... "the great one" andre johnson!

I will donate a 150$ to Habitat for Humanity if the Texans give up less than 250 yards passing today.

:texflag:

Matt Cassell: 201 yards passed.

So, will you be sending that $150 check to Habitat for Humanity first thing tomorrow morning?

C'mon people...enjoy the win. If you want to see what REAL 2010 disappointment looks like, tune into FOX right now.

As we sit here on top of our division at 4-2, I can't help but feel great joy at seeing the Media Darlings fighting to see who gets the honor of being 2-3. :pirate:

which brings me to the point......at almost the halfway point in the season....why on earth isnt this team as a whole consistent?????.......whos to blame for this?????....its pretty pathetic if u ask me......and leads me to believe we have a coach that just can not have his team prepared

And I am in 100% agreement. I know it's all on Kubiak in the end... but to be it SEEMS as if our O-coach and D-coach are just real bad as planning against teams, vanilla all the way.

What I would like to see, and that has not happened yet, is for Kubiak to take CHARGE and DEMAND that his O & D-coaches solve the problems, that or they're out...

It's that or Kubiak is out if this charade continues.

Yeah, both Minn & Dallas at 1-3. Both were playoff locks and SB contenders.

And I am in 100% agreement. I know it's all on Kubiak in the end... but to be it SEEMS as if our O-coach and D-coach are just real bad as planning against teams, vanilla all the way.

What I would like to see, and that has not happened yet, is for Kubiak to take CHARGE and DEMAND that his O & D-coaches solve the problems, that or they're out...It's that or Kubiak is out if this charade continues.

exactly...some fire from the coach or players to not accept this would do wonders for my pyschy between happy and sad right now....lol,,,,,i dont know how to take this win...smh

exactly...some fire from the coach or players to not accept this would do wonders for my pyschy between happy and sad right now....lol,,,,,i dont know how to take this win...smh

haha, I'm right there with ya'...

In the end it's a win, an ugly ugly one of them, but it's a WIN.

My personal positive spin on our O and D woes is... it can only get better :)

What about the players ? These guys get paid a TON of caysh to perform at the highest level possible. Seems to me as if a professional can motivate themself.....whatever.

Back