Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gameday: Texans Vs Chiefs

Carr has no time whatsoever. It doesn't excuse his poor decisions, but geeze, would be nice to see him get at least 3 seconds to scan the field.

Does someone want to tell our team this is the worst run defense in football? Throwing on 1st down makes a run obvious on 2nd...

What makes you thing a run would get any yardage? A fumble is probaly the most likely the result of running the football today.

Hoth-Boy said:
What makes you thing a run would get any yardage? A fumble is probaly the most likely the result of running the football today.
That is if DD is the one doing the rushing. If DD doesn't start doing some damage to the opposing team for a change, Wells ought to get more carries.

OK, that's enough, Ragone. Give Dave his jersey back.

I think he's getting ENOUGH time not to rocket an uncatchable ball into double coverage...but he's still running for his life too much.

We are playing the cheifs at home and there 0-2 we had no chance in hell at winning this game what yall upset about?

geka said:
We are playing the cheifs at home and there 0-2 we had no chance in hell at winning this game what yall upset about?

well I'd like to see Carr get to within 5 yards or so if his intended receiver

MojoX said:
That is if DD is the one doing the rushing. If DD doesn't start doing some damage to the opposing team for a change, Wells ought to get more carries.

How about we all RELAX. It's been two drives. Carr has lookedf awful and our playcalling (incompletes 1st down) have made running calls obvious. That being said lets not talk about pulling people after 2 drives!

Trying to find something positive here: Carr started the game exactly like this last week (except for the pick). Hopefully he can get his act togethor.

compy75 said:
How about we all RELAX. It's been two drives. Carr has lookedf awful and our playcalling (incompletes 1st down) have made running calls obvious. That being said lets not talk about pulling people after 2 drives!
How about we pull people after 4 fumbles in 2 games?

Anyway, everyone here should be relaxed. This team has yet to do anything to make get all anxious and tense about. This is the first game I've watched this season and it hasn't been impressive in any way.

compy75 said:

since we're not a playoff team, I feel like this is the year to teach lessons. I assure you I would have benched DD after his second fumble last week.

I may be tad harsh.. :cool:

DD doesn't look like the same player today. Or maybe the Chiefs don't look like the same defense. Here we go again with a third and long.

gwallaia said:
If the Texans can hold the Chiefs on 3rd down, commit no stupid penalties and hold on to the ball, this game should be a cinch.

We have now done all three and the 1st quarter is not even over.

Come on defense. Carr is having a hard time keeping it togethor. The Chiefs are helping us with penalties.

Vinny said:
Nice toss by carr to Gaffney....holding bring it back.
He had time to throw and wasn't trying to throw on the run.

On the next play, I was glad he tried to throw the ball away instead of forcing it to a receiver. Next time he needs to keep the nuances of the grounding rules in mind.

I don't know what's worse, watching the Texasn play like ****, or watching CBS plug one of thier new dramas between every play. Ugh

We look like ****. I am very pissed off. I want to fire all of the coachs for not getting the players better prepaired than this :boxing:

MojoX said:
Are the Texans the first team this season to not consistently double Tony Gonzalez?

no but we are just the worse team in the NFL big stars are gonna have great games

Back