Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 9...London Town...Jacksonville Jaguars!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Sunday, November 3rd at 8:30 am CST, the Texans will be in London England to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley Stadium. The game will be aired nationally on TV on the NFL Network, and yes it will be aired locally on FOX 26. The game will be aired on radio on Sports Talk 610 AM.

Devastated by injuries, particularly to the offensive line, on the defensive side of the ball in the secondary and of course JJ Watt, this team has a real up hill battle. This week, it is compounded by having to travel across the big pond to England. That long travel and having to adjust that much to the time change adds to the difficulties the Texans face. Let's just hope the Texans can get out of this game and go into the Bye with no further injuries.

Here are the 2 teams.

Your Houston Texans
Offense

Defense

Special Teams

The Jacksonville Jaguars
Offense

Defense

Special Teams

The Texans need to score on offense and score often since the defense can't seem to stop anyone. Win or lose, let's just get to the Bye week so the Texans can lick their wounds and get some key guys back
afterwards.

OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE! NO MORE INJURIES!

Texans 28
Jaguars 27

GO TEXANS!

Last edited:

usernameJJ

Waterboy
The thing that worries me about this one is that London games are always weird. Despite all odds it could be a FG fest, 9-6. Or it could be no defense whatsoever and be a track meet at 62-59

mws

Rookie
Friday's Injury Report

Will Fuller: Hamstring OUT
Lonnie Johnson: Concussion OUT
Greg Mancz: Concussion OUT
Bradley Roby: Hamstring OUT
Tashaun Gipson: Back / Wrist OUT

Tytus Howard: Knee QUESTIONABLE
Laremy Tunsil: Shoulder QUESTIONABLE

Texansballer74

The Marine
Here's all the NFL injury news for Week 9.

Houston Texans (5-3) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4) in London

Aaron Reiss

✔@aaronjreiss

No surprises on the #Texans’ Friday injury report. Laremy Tunsil and Tytus Howard are the only ones listed as questionable. O’Brien said they’d be game time decisions.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Here's all the NFL injury news for Week 9.

Houston Texans (5-3) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (4-4) in London

Aaron Reiss

✔@aaronjreiss

No surprises on the #Texans’ Friday injury report. Laremy Tunsil and Tytus Howard are the only ones listed as questionable. O’Brien said they’d be game time decisions.
I really want to see Howard sit another week and then have off during the bye week too. I would be ok with Tunsil playing, depending on the injury severity.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
As always I'll be in front of my TV watching at the start of the game. As to how long before I mute the TV and go off doing other stuff because the Texans are being shitheads again who knows? God forbid I would get a nice surprise with the Texans kicking ass or anything.

austins23

Hall of Fame
These damn division games are always tough. The one at home the Texans should have lost. The one at Indy, could have very easily won. This game in London, who knows. At least the Texans have played out of the country before and played pretty damn good with Brocktober at the helm. So they should know how to adapt to out of country, albeit much further this time.

I'm worried that the secondary is gonna make the "moustache" look like vintage Marino and torch the hell out of em. The offense HAS to get the running game going and get the TE's going in the passing game.

I think the Texans win this one. Take two weeks off and get ready for the Ravens.

6-3 just looks and sounds so much better than 5-4

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
This is the same Jag's team that was a silly coaching mistake (2pt conversion) from going to OT last time in our building.

This aint the same Texans team that showed up for that contest - everyone is injured.

Weather has me concerned … and how terrible that field is in the rain.

I don't want to see Johnson play this week , give him this week and the bye to get healthy , rather Tunsil sit this one out too …. but the fact is that this is a divisional game and may as well count twice in the standings.
If there was ever a must win game for this franchise - This Is It.

Lose this one and you can forget about a top 2 seed and are looking up at two teams in the division and maybe three if the TinBreds win - not to mention the other teams in the wildcard race.

Must win for both teams if they want to make the post season.

Texansballer74

The Marine
These damn division games are always tough. The one at home the Texans should have lost. The one at Indy, could have very easily won. This game in London, who knows. At least the Texans have played out of the country before and played pretty damn good with Brocktober at the helm. So they should know how to adapt to out of country, albeit much further this time.

I'm worried that the secondary is gonna make the "moustache" look like vintage Marino and torch the hell out of em. The offense HAS to get the running game going and get the TE's going in the passing game.

I think the Texans win this one. Take two weeks off and get ready for the Ravens.

6-3 just looks and sounds so much better than 5-4

These experts say the Jags knows what it takes to win down there since they're 3-1. The formula is to arrive Saturday instead of Thursday like the Texans and most team have done.

My biggest concern is injuries. It seems like we have 3-4 key players going down each week with injuries. We know the Jaguars will bring the pain, so I'm praying we come out injury free.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
In the hands of the running backs for both teams perhaps and we shut Fournette down first game. Both Duke and Hyde did very well and I expect Watson to have lots of yards. My concern with # 4 in the rain is him holding the ball. If he does not commit turnovers we should win this game.
A greater concern to me is injury.......with his potential tendency to run around in the backfield holding the ball too long and/or taking a run option too quickly........both within the scenario of a 'dangerous" wet damaged turf.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Banged-up Texans line faces a test in Jacksonville defense
Nov. 1, 2019 7:41 p.m.

LONDON — Danger lurks around every corner for the Texans against an ultra-loaded Jacksonville defense that boasts one of the top pass-rushing units in the league.

Outside linebacker Josh Allen is emerging as a force as an edge rusher.

Allen, a first-round draft pick from Kentucky, is tied for the most sacks among all rookies with seven. He recorded two sacks, three quarterback hits and a forced fumble against the Jets.

“He’s a freak athlete,” Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson said. “He’s a great guy, a guy who loves the game of football.”

Veteran defensive end Calais Campbell provides a massive presence at the line of scrimmage. He established the franchise record with 14½ sacks two years ago. And Yannick Ngakoue’s speed and moves are extremely difficult to stop.

The Jaguars rank third in the NFL with 29 sacks, second in the NFL with 56 quarterback hits and third in the league with 27 quarterback knockdowns

Earl34

Hall of Fame
A couple of years ago, I had a colleague from Europe who was in town on a short-term project. Because of the Super Bowl, he was a huge Patriots' fan and had all these questions about the nuances of the game. I took him to my kids' pee-wee, high school football games and had him over to my house on Sundays for BBQ and football. I even took him to the 2017 Texans' game against the Titans.

After watching what Watson did to the Patriots the week before and then his first live NFL game being at NRG and watching the Texans beat the Titans 57-14, he immediately became a Texans' fan. He even bought a Watson jersey. He will be at Wembley with his three sons watching his Texans. He still doesn't get why Americans need the NFL network year round or why we spend so much money on high school stadiums, but he loves football.

Sports can really be a bridge between cultures. As frustrating as the Texans can be, I wonder how long before he switches back to being a Patriots' fan?

amazing80

Hall of Fame
In the hands of the running backs for both teams perhaps and we shut Fournette down first game. Both Duke and Hyde did very well and I expect Watson to have lots of yards. My concern with # 4 in the rain is him holding the ball. If he does not commit turnovers we should win this game.
Will this be the first heavy rain game for Watson in the NFL?

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
If not for the time change, it would actually be 7:30 in the morning when this game comes on. I don't think I've been up that early in several years, unless I was still up from the night before. Cereal and toast with football? This is unnatural and shouldn't be allowed to happen.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Im still debating if I will be at the TV kickoff time or not.... I love my Texans, but with the time change and morning game... I may love sleep more.... I loathe mornings.

More likely I drag my butt out of bed, recline on the couch and let the Texans play decide my sleep number.... do I really wake up at 8 or do I nap til 10.

Either way. Go Texans!:texflag:

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Alarm set, and happy for the extra hour of sleep. The game ends early enough for noon church, then choose who I’ll watch in the afternoon. In a couple of months I will have to readjust my weekend activities.