Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 8...Silver And Black...Oakland Raiders!

nut

Veteran
It would be nice to watch Chuckie fighting BO in a UFC cage match on the 50 after the game.

Reactions: ROO
Watson is the best QB in the league given the handicap of O'Brien and his craptastic offensive line. Just insane how he wills this team to wins.
I'm curious (and I'll check later after the game and post shows) what other star QBs are dealing with because it feels like most aren't dealing with BOB but many are dealing with suspect and even bad offensive lines

I'm curious (and I'll check later after the game and post shows) what other star QBs are dealing with because it feels like most aren't dealing with BOB but many are dealing with suspect and even bad offensive lines
Aaron Rodgers with Mike McCarthy is the only other coach I can think of who seemingly tried his best to call terrible plays and Aaron's greatness overcame it for a long, long time. Watson is playing behind an offensive line with only one great player (Tunsil) and a whole bunch of "meh" at best to this point. He still is making it work. It's just insane how he turns dumpster fire plays into positive plays for the Texans.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Am I happy we won, of course, do I feel like celebrating the win, hell no. This game cost us to much injury wise to beat a team that should never have done as well as they did. This wasn’t one of those “any given Sunday” type games this was a “can team A take advantage of how crappy team B are playing” games. For the first time in awhile no the other team couldn’t take full advantage.

DanielTx

Veteran
Aaron Rodgers with Mike McCarthy is the only other coach I can think of who seemingly tried his best to call terrible plays and Aaron's greatness overcame it for a long, long time. Watson is playing behind an offensive line with only one great player (Tunsil) and a whole bunch of "meh" at best to this point. He still is making it work. It's just insane how he turns dumpster fire plays into positive plays for the Texans.
Just sucks with Watson being so great, he overcomes so many obstacles that saves ob at the very end. I still believe he’s a top 5 qb due to his situation and he has yet to have a losing season. People don’t know what watson will be but he’s writing his own legacy right now. Another win that saved ob.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Jordan, like Dabo said. Total package. Slippery when pocket collapses, in the grasp rule does not apply. Entire field needs to be defended. Basically 12 on 11

But the Injuries are mounting.

Lol what would Sean Payton do with this kid. Or any real coach
Be the next gen Brady/BB?

Making people wonder which elevates the other... the system or the QB.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Am I happy we won, of course, do I feel like celebrating the win, hell no. This game cost us to much injury wise to beat a team that should never have done as well as they did. This wasn’t one of those “any given Sunday” type games this was a “can team A take advantage of how crappy team B are playing” games. For the first time in awhile no the other team couldn’t take full advantage.
We had our entire C team in on defense.... I'll celebrate the fact that we won just for that reason. This team needs the bye week, yesterday !

banned1976

sleeper mode
Today’s game is a prime example of why I take the bad with the good with Watson and I don’t understand why others can’t. Does he hold the ball too long? At times. Does he hold the ball like it’s a loaf of bread? Yes, and it does concern me. Is his cadence the reason Tunsil moves? Well, I don’t know about that. Does he have that “it” factor so many of us (including those that complain so much about him) wanted in a QB since 2002? Yes, yes he does.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
The tough part is BOb waiting to utilize DW4 in a way that works best. I would love to see what kind of production we could have if he started and stayed with what works to our advantage.
It takes so long because you must first wait for OBs game plan to meltdown.. which allows Watson, to do what Watson does.

IMO its less about utilizing DW and more about OB having very little choice but to let DW be DW

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
I doubt seriously that it'll be his last game as a Texan, but he may be out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle.
It'd be his third season ender in four years.

He may very well be done.

Even if it's only for this year, not having him for the rest of this year is atrocious anyway because he's practically the only reason to watch.