Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 7...Saddle Up Them Ponies...Indianapolis Colts!

amazing80

Hall of Fame
This.... I have never seen WRs running completely wide ass open in my life.
What’s hilarious is I read quotes from Reid regarding the game plan for today. How different it was and they were going to play those guys differently. Lmao looked like the same **** defense to me.

KarlK

Waterboy
Brissett is nothing special. Watson has the ability to be the best QB in the game.

If Brissett gets better stats that is telling about the coaching
If he gets to play garbage teams like Atlanta every week, sure.

Unfortunately he’s average at best when playing decent defenses like Indy, Jax, Carolina, etc

But deep down, you already know that.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Brissett is nothing special. Watson has the ability to be the best QB in the game.

If Brissett gets better stats that is telling about the coaching
Brissett has an opportunity to grow into something special. He's big, can make every throw. & he's smart. He's got a strong run game & a stout defense.

As long as he doesn't do anything stupid, they should win a lot of games.

They got out to an early lead. Because of that, even though we pressured him, he was under no pressure to force anything & threw the ball away. We couldn't force him into a mistake.

DanielTx

Veteran
I was just reading that Mahomes could be out as long as 6 weeks and they have multiple other critical injuries.

Do they even make the post season with Mahomes sidelined for that long ?!

Their next 6 weeks

GB
Minny
TinBreds
SuperChargers
Bye
Raiders

I don't expect them to beat either GB or Minny , the Chargers and Raiders are divisional games and always tough …. split those and beat the TinBreds and they are .500 with a trip to Foxborough the following week.

Might be a wildcard team .… my how fortunes turn in this league.

Texans Ravens could be a big game in terms of playoff seeding …. tho the Texans do have an easier schedule , Ravens get the NFC West with games left against the 49ers and Rams.
Thats good news. Finally the media wont be shoving him down our throats.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
I watched the game and I wasn’t surprised by the outcome. This team is the epitome of give a penny take a penny. It’s not a contender for anything more than a division title and even that is doubtful.

I’m still so happy about the STROS B-slapping the Yankees and their ahole fans that I really didn’t care about this game or even the team this Sunday. I’ve come to the realization the Texans will not be able to make me feel the way the Astros make me feel about my football team.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I watched the game and I wasn’t surprised by the outcome. This team is the epitome of give a penny take a penny. It’s not a contender for anything more than a division title and even that is doubtful.

I’m still so happy about the STROS B-slapping the Yankees and their ahole fans that I really didn’t care about this game or even the team this Sunday. I’ve come to the realization the Texans will not be able to make me feel the way the Astros make me feel about my football team.
I love the Astros but baseball is to slow a sport for me to watch it for very long so I always come back to football. I don’t know maybe if you had to tackle the runner or something to get him out.

Last edited:

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I know this was posted two days ago, but it seems most here either forgot or never believed it.

Colts aren't as bad as we think.

We're not as good as we want to be. Yet.
Colts new our weaknesses and they were taking full advantage. We were playing the backup to our backup at RT, basically the first guy that could fit into the pads, and it was clear Watson was not as comfortable behind that line. They kept him in the pocket and frankly that is the last thing you want to have happen with Watson.

Defense side they gassed them with that opening drive. Seemed like the defense was always a step behind after that. They get the QB off balance Colts switched to the run game, they stop the run Colts started passing, they tried to cover both Colts did whatever they wanted.

Last Sunday Reid got out coached by O’Brien, this Sunday O’Brien got out coached by Reich.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
I honestly did not watch much regular season baseball. I used to watch it all the time but when a game can be over 4 hours it's a bit ridiculous
Game variance. One game can be 2:35, the next can be 4:28, the next can be 3:07. And every game being different is exactly why baseball is the greatest sport there is. You're not bound by time so there's no bounds for what can happen. And often times, the impossible, the inexplicable does happen. I'm still seeing new **** happen. Can't say the same for football or basketball, quite honestly. Those sports are so restricted in variance. Cookie-cutter.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
I love the Astros but baseball is to slow a sport for me to watch it for very long so I always come back to football. I don’t know maybe if you had to tackle the runner or something to get him out.
Totally agree. I love watching football more than baseball. But I just know these Texans won’t deliver consistently or when it matters most in the playoffs. I’ll keep watching but it’s hard to stay engaged.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Aint no way a team led by Jacoby Brissett is supposed to beat a team led by Jesus with cleats.
Right now Brissett's team is way more together than our team. We're still putting the pieces together. Our OL's inability to block on the 2nd level was exposed by Indy's legit 2nd level.

& O'Brien was too stubborn to try something different.

We could have won that game. Even with the way O'Brien called it. We didn't. Hopefully we'll learn from it & be more the better for it.

I predicted 12 wins for this team. It would have been easier for us to cross that mark winning this game. But now we have to do it the hard way & beat Baltimore on the road & New England in December.

Stay tuned

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Right now Brissett's team is way more together than our team. We're still putting the pieces together. Our OL's inability to block on the 2nd level was exposed by Indy's legit 2nd level.

& O'Brien was too stubborn to try something different.

We could have won that game. Even with the way O'Brien called it. We didn't. Hopefully we'll learn from it & be more the better for it.

I predicted 12 wins for this team. It would have been easier for us to cross that mark winning this game. But now we have to do it the hard way & beat Baltimore on the road & New England in December.

Stay tuned
We could not put together a decent ground game which is what laid the groundwork in our previous wins.
One wonders how much we missed Howard at LG...

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Totally agree. I love watching football more than baseball. But I just know these Texans won’t deliver consistently or when it matters most in the playoffs. I’ll keep watching but it’s hard to stay engaged.
I get what you're saying, but the Texans are a young growing team with a possible star level QB. Good times are ahead after they get some experience. Just need to get a GM to oversee the org this offseason.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Was never a good idea to to pencil seantrel the starter for two years instead of finding a real rt
Seantrel was not a good idea, but Tytus is a solid starter and ascending, Rod Johnson appeared competent but got whipped a bit by the Colts, so the Oline is ok barring injuries. It is not the glaring problem it once was, that is now the CB positions

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Seantrel was not a good idea, but Tytus is a solid starter and ascending, Rod Johnson appeared competent but got whipped a bit by the Colts, so the Oline is ok barring injuries. It is not the glaring problem it once was, that is now the CB positions
Tytus looks promising. But if they need to first rounders to solve position holes they aren't going to get far. Good coaches and GMs find talent in other ways too

mws

Rookie
I get what you're saying, but the Texans are a young growing team with a possible star level QB. Good times are ahead after they get some experience. Just need to get a GM to oversee the org this offseason.
That is just another excuse for O'Brian. Out of every team with a better record than the Texans only the Bills & the Patriots have an older average age team than the Texans.

The Saints are tied with the Texans on average years of experience & the Patriots have more. Every other team has less experience on average than the Texans.

I used stats from here.

Colts: Avg. Age 25.7, Avg Wt 239.3, Avg Ht 6-2.2, Avg Yrs 3.1

Vikings: Avg. Age 25.9, Avg Wt 241.3, Avg Ht 6-1.9, Avg Yrs 3.3

Seahawks: Avg. Age 26.0, Avg Wt 251.1, Avg Ht 6-2.0, Avg Yrs 3.5

Packers: Avg. Age 26.0, Avg Wt 242.3, Avg Ht 6-2.4, Avg Yrs 3.2

Chiefs: Avg. Age 26.4, Avg Wt 247.2, Avg Ht 6-1.8, Avg Yrs 3.9

Saints: Avg. Age 26.4, Avg Wt 244.2, Avg Ht 6-2.3, Avg Yrs 4.3

Panthers: Avg. Age 26.5, Avg Wt 248.0, Avg Ht 6-2.0, Avg Yrs 3.9

49rs: Avg. Age 26.6, Avg Wt 238.7, Avg Ht 6-2.1, Avg Yrs 3.8

Ravens: Avg. Age 26.7, Avg Wt 242.6, Avg Ht 6-1.8, Avg Yrs 4.0

Texans: Avg. Age 26.7, Avg Wt 246.5, Avg Ht 6-2.1, Avg Yrs 4.3

Bills: Avg. Age 26.8, Avg Wt 243.0, Avg Ht 6-1.9, Avg Yrs 4.0

Patriots: Avg. Age 27.7, Avg Wt 244.7, Avg Ht 6-1.7, Avg Yrs 5.4

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
That is just another excuse for O'Brian. Out of every team with a better record than the Texans only the Bills & the Patriots have an older average age team than the Texans.

The Saints are tied with the Texans on average years of experience & the Patriots have more. Every other team has less experience on average than the Texans.

I used stats from here.

Colts: Avg. Age 25.7, Avg Wt 239.3, Avg Ht 6-2.2, Avg Yrs 3.1

Vikings: Avg. Age 25.9, Avg Wt 241.3, Avg Ht 6-1.9, Avg Yrs 3.3

Seahawks: Avg. Age 26.0, Avg Wt 251.1, Avg Ht 6-2.0, Avg Yrs 3.5

Packers: Avg. Age 26.0, Avg Wt 242.3, Avg Ht 6-2.4, Avg Yrs 3.2

Chiefs: Avg. Age 26.4, Avg Wt 247.2, Avg Ht 6-1.8, Avg Yrs 3.9

Saints: Avg. Age 26.4, Avg Wt 244.2, Avg Ht 6-2.3, Avg Yrs 4.3

Panthers: Avg. Age 26.5, Avg Wt 248.0, Avg Ht 6-2.0, Avg Yrs 3.9

49rs: Avg. Age 26.6, Avg Wt 238.7, Avg Ht 6-2.1, Avg Yrs 3.8

Ravens: Avg. Age 26.7, Avg Wt 242.6, Avg Ht 6-1.8, Avg Yrs 4.0

Texans: Avg. Age 26.7, Avg Wt 246.5, Avg Ht 6-2.1, Avg Yrs 4.3

Bills: Avg. Age 26.8, Avg Wt 243.0, Avg Ht 6-1.9, Avg Yrs 4.0

Patriots: Avg. Age 27.7, Avg Wt 244.7, Avg Ht 6-1.7, Avg Yrs 5.4
`
You do know the differences between experience playing together and having experience playing in the NFL.

Also the most important position on the field is inexperienced and still learning his craft as we learned last Sunday.

I wouldn't be scared of the Patriots even in the slightest if we had better coaching. We would have beat that ***** ass team a couple years ago in the playoffs if we had even a 15 percent better offense.
If the texans, ravens, or Bill's don't beat the Patriots they may go 16-0 in reg season. They win beat one dimensional chiefs

Texanstradamus

Practice Squad
If he gets to play garbage teams like Atlanta every week, sure.

Unfortunately he’s average at best when playing decent defenses like Indy, Jax, Carolina, etc

But deep down, you already know that.

Huh lol I do remember him balling against a elite saints defense week one ? Carolina defense is also elite jags it prolly trending more down now and Indy is average Texans looked like they weren’t prepared at all yet again

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I mean Brisset could stand back there and throw to wide open receivers all game it’s sad the defense didn’t start playing well till the 4th
The Colts are really good

The main issue was the beat up secondary and they tried to rectify that situation yesterday. I noticed that they did blitz more in the 4th qtr. However that's really dangerous with the beat up secondary.