Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 7...Saddle Up Them Ponies...Indianapolis Colts!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Sunday, October 20th at 12:00 PM CST, The Texans will be at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis to take in the Indianapolis Colts. The Game will be aired locally in Houston on TV on CBS 11 and on radio on Sports Radio 610 AM.

The Texans are all of a sudden a fun and exciting team to watch. The extravaganza we have witnessed the Texans orchestrate over the last 2 games is nothing short of amazing considering the fiasco they were to begin the season. Let's see this brand of Texans football continue.

Here are your 2 teams.

Your Houston Texans
Offense:
WR DeAndre Hopkins
LT Laremy Tunsil, Roderick Johnson
LG Max Scharping
C Nick Martin, Greg Mancz
RG Zach Fulton
RT Tytus Howard, Seantrel Henderson
TE Darren Fells, Jordan Akins, Logan Paulsen
WR Keke Coutee, DeAndre Carter
WR Will Fuller V, Kenny Stills
QB Deshaun Watson, AJ McCarron, Alex McGough
RB Duke Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Taiwan Jones, Buddy Howell, Cullen Gillaspia

Defense:
DE J.J. Watt, Carlos Watkins
NT D.J. Reader, Brandon Dunn
DE Angelo Blackson, Charles Omenihu
OLB Whitney Mercilus, Barkevious Mingo
ILB Benardrick McKinney, Peter Kalambayi, Tyrell Adams
ILB Zach Cunningham, Dylan Cole
OLB Brennan Scarlett, Jacob Martin
CB Johnathan Joseph, Lonnie Johnson Jr., Phillip Gaines
CB Bradley Roby, Keion Crossen, Xavier Crawford
S Tashaun Gipson Sr., Jahleel Addae, Mike Adams
S Justin Reid, A.J. Moore Jr.

Special Teams:
K Ka'imi Fairbairn
P Bryan Anger
LS Jon Weeks
KR DeAndre Carter, Taiwan Jones
PR DeAndre Carter, Keke Coutee
H Bryan Anger

The Indianapolis Colts
Offense:
WR T.Y. Hilton, Deon Cain, Parris Campbell
LT Anthony Castonzo, Le'Raven Clark
LG Quenton Nelson, Joe Haeg
C Ryan Kelly, Josh Andrews
RG Mark Glowinski, Joe Haeg
RT Braden Smith, Le'Raven Clark
TE Jack Doyle, Mo Alie-Cox
WR Zach Pascal, Chester Rogers, Ashton Dulin
QB Jacoby Brissett, Brian Hoyer
TE Eric Ebron
RB Marlon Mack, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Jonathan Williams

Defense:
DE Justin Houston, Kemoko Turay
NT Margus Hunt, Grover Stewart
UT Denico Autry, Tyquan Lewis
DE Jabaal Sheard, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Ben Banogu
WLB Darius Leonard, E.J. Speed
MLB Anthony Walker, Bobby Okereke
SAM Matthew Adams, Zaire Franklin
CB Kenny Moore II, Quincy Wilson
FS Malik Hooker, George Odum, Rolan Milligan
SS Clayton Geathers, Khari Willis
CB Pierre Desir, Rock Ya-Sin, Marvell Tell III

Special Teams:
P Rigoberto Sanchez
PK Adam Vinatieri
H Rigoberto Sanchez
LS Luke Rhodes
KR Parris Campbell, Nyheim Hines
PR Chester Rogers, Nyheim Hines

TY Hilton. That name is one that every Texans fan hates. That man has been a thorn in the side of the Texans the likes that haven't been seen since Peyton Manning. Is he the most important person to stop on the Colts? Could be, but maybe not. He's going to get his touches and his yards. That won't be stopped. What needs to be stopped is Ebron, Mack and of course, Jacoby Brissett.
Bottle those 3 guys up and it will limit Hilton's effectiveness. If Brissett can't get the ball to Hilton, what kind of threat can he be? Enter JJ Watt, Whitney Mercilus and DJ Reader. Those guys and the line backers have got to go after Brissett extremely aggressively. Show no mercy. Brissett needs to be beat up the whole game. Seal the edges so he can't get outside and make a play with his legs. Collapse the pocket so he can't make a play up the middle. The key will be to contain him. Keep Mack bottled up in the run game and shut it down on the way to harassing Brissett. Keep Cole and Gipson on Ebron and don't let him get loose in the middle. Keep the best corner on Hilton of course, and give him help over the top with Reid. He won't be stopped, but he could be limited.
On offense, just keep doing what they did in the last 2 games. Let Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Coutee, Hyde, Johnson, Akins and Fells just go crazy. Keep the Colts defense off balance with a solid attack that keeps them guessing. Pound the ball with Hyde and Johnson and then light up the secondary with all of them.
The Texans have a considerable amount more fire power then the Colts do. Go in there and use it all.
Saddle up them ponies and control every thing they do on both sides of the ball.
The Texans will do just that.

Torros 35
Ponies 13

Go Texans!

Last edited:

CPTTexan

Waterboy
This game will tell you who has the middle of the year advantage in winning the AFCSouth. Both teams are looking really good and since it's a rivalry game, it should be close. Jacoby Brissett is playing better than anyone probably expected him to, and Indy has a solid defense to go with a decent offense.

If the Texans are playing like they have the last 2 weeks, we should win this game. If we play like we did in last years playoffs.......well......

I'll go with:
Texans 27
Colts 24

Mangler

Toro de España
The Colts O-line will keep Brisset clean all game long, but I think our defense will keep Mack In check, not allowing any big gains. TY will get his yards but only one Rec TD.

O’Brien gets cute and goes back to trying to force his system, making it a boring low scoring game. Another quiet game for Hopkins, Watson throws for one TD.

Texans 17
Colts 10

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Not easy, Colts actually have a solid team even without Luck. I'm thinking this will come to a shoot out and can our O line keep Watson safe while our D line puts the fear in Brissett. I think this one might be a harder fight than the Chiefs game.
I don't know. The Texans have a considerable amount more fire power then either the Colts or Chiefs. The thing is, there's a very good chance Stills returns for this game. That just adds to the weapons at Watson's disposal. I think it's going to be a run away. The Colts won't be able to contain everything the Texans have on the ground or in the air. Watson and Hyde will keep them off balance. The Texans defense on the other hand will know exactly who to stop and how to stop them. It should actually be an easy win for the Texans. Divisional or not. We shall soon see. Division games are always tricky and the ball bounces funny ways some times. Just don't look past this game.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I don't know. The Texans have a considerable amount more fire power then either the Colts or Chiefs. The thing is, there's a very good chance Stills returns for this game. That just adds to the weapons at Watson's disposal. I think it's going to be a run away. The Colts won't be able to contain everything the Texans have on the ground or in the air. Watson and Hyde will keep them off balance. The Texans defense on the other hand will know exactly who to stop and how to stop them. It should actually be an easy win for the Texans. Divisional or not. We shall soon see. Division games are always tricky and the ball bounces funny ways some times. Just don't look past this game.
Yes they know who to stop but they've known who to stop since he got there and they haven't been able to do it. Texans are the only team that makes Hilton look like first round HoFer. I'm still thinking the key to this is Brisset not Hilton. Show that kid why division games are smash mouth football and see if he can hang like Luck could.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Yes they know who to stop but they've known who to stop since he got there and they haven't been able to do it. Texans are the only team that makes Hilton look like first round HoFer. I'm still thinking the key to this is Brisset not Hilton. Show that kid why division games are smash mouth football and see if he can hang like Luck could.
I said that already. Maybe you should look at my break down after my introduction of the players.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Jam, you were right and I was wrong about the relative manpower between us and the Chiefs. You are a better analyst than I am.

However, the Nags have an awesome OL and a formidable WR. Brissett carved us to giblets no coarser than sand as a rookie. Add that we don't win often in Indianapolis and they have a big advantage in coaching, and you get the sad news.
Toilet Holes 27
Toros 18

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
If Gaines gives up 30 yd cushions to TY like he did to Hill it's gonna get ugly

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Jam, you were right and I was wrong about the relative manpower between us and the Chiefs. You are a better analyst than I am.

However, the Nags have an awesome OL and a formidable WR. Brissett carved us to giblets no coarser than sand as a rookie. Add that we don't win often in Indianapolis and they have a big advantage in coaching, and you get the sad news.
Toilet Holes 27
Toros 18
You're still a doubter. Ok. Be that way. At least you won't be disappointed on Sunday, but you may be very pleasantly surprised. Ready or not, something you least expect will happen.

Porky

Hall of Fame
I give a very slight edge to the Texans overall. It's going to be a dog fight imho.

Not having Roby for sure, and possibly a hobbled JJo isn't going to help the Hilton situation. That was already the weakest position group on the team, but Roby was doing his thing. Without him, it's going to be tough to contain TY.

Still...I think the match up that will be the deciding factor is at QB. With all due respect to Brisset, he's not DW4.

For that reason, I like Texans 30 Colts 24 in a semi-nail biter.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
It's a divisional game, there won't be anything easy about it
I do not fear the Luckless Dolts, nor the quarterbackless Tits nor the seriously quarterbackless Kittens. I can't think of a single reason we should lose a game in-division this year except for the fact we're talking about the Texans, which means we honestly don't know yet which team shows up week to week with these guys.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Not easy, Colts actually have a solid team even without Luck. I'm thinking this will come to a shoot out and can our O line keep Watson safe while our D line puts the fear in Brissett. I think this one might be a harder fight than the Chiefs game.
This is a better gauge than KC. With Mahomes mobility limited we weren’t facing their best. Reich is a really good head coach and there’s the familiarity factor.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
I think this will be a get out the beer and popcorn and watch a physical division game with a lot on the line. I think the Colts have a good overall defense, OL, RB, WR and coaching. We have a edge at QB, deficiency in defensive backfield, but play makers at all other levels. If OB keeps coaching like the last two games the gap is closing there. So I expect it actually to be close and lower scoring then many here say. 21-17 Texans. Game may be over in 2.5 hours as much as these coaches like to run.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I think this game day thread went up in record time. This is a good way to gauge Jam’s optimism.

I worry a little bit about this team staying humble and hungry. I feel that is what’s going to be tested the most in this game. Certainly it won’t be talent, the Texans have the clear advantage there. They had that advantage as well home field the last time these two teams met.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
At the moment the Colts are 4th in rushing while the Texans are 5th, but the Texans are 10th in passing while the Colts are 27th.
Advantage Deshaun Watson. I think the Texans win 24-17.
The bolded is what concerns me. IMHO, if the Chiefs would've leaned on the run game when it was 17-3, the outcome likely would've been different (but only because of dropped passes). Imagine this offense with a healthy Kenny Stills.

Bugman7star

All Pro
Division games are always tougher to gauge. We have the edge talent-wise overall. The Colts however do have homefield plus TY against a banged up secondary. I think our offensive firepower/potency is much stronger. I think we have a slight edge. We won in hostile KC, so I have hope. We are on the verge of a possible, legitimate resurgence after some inconsistent games early on.

Texans 29
Colts 20

PapaL

Loose Screw
The bolded is what concerns me. IMHO, if the Chiefs would've leaned on the run game when it was 17-3, the outcome likely would've been different (but only because of dropped passes). Imagine this offense with a healthy Kenny Stills.
We have to lead the league in imaginary healthy hamstrings; every year it’s a different dude (WFV, Coutee, Stills).

Greetings a colts fan here. Texans do have more fire power currently, but doesn't mean they will win. The key will be who wins the battle up front. If the colts get to watson he can't utilize all his weapons. Same goes for texans getting to Brissett to stop hilton. My biggest question is who will have the better run game? This is probably more important to the colts as it keeps watson off the field. I expect a close competitive game and whoever wins will become the favorite to win the afc south.

badboy

Hall of Fame
If I'm the Colts I put Justin Houston just outside of Roderick Johnson and give Watson hell. Colts have a safety and a linebacker coming back this week which will strengthen their defense even more. This game reminds me of the Oilers vs Steelers in the Steelers run for the Roses. This time I hope the Houston team comes out ahead. Neither Roby or Joseph will play. I do expect our fullback to get many more snaps protecting number four. I also expect fairbairn to get at least three field goals. I am concerned about his missing extra points but those are only one each. Imo it is a mental thing with him and He should shake it off soon.

Keion Crossen pro day 4.32 speed and 39.5 vertical and only 1 inch shorter than T Y Hilton and whom should cover the Colt. Hilton will get his but Crossen may surprise as he did in chowder land.

If I'm the Colts I put Justin Houston just outside of Roderick Johnson and give Watson hell. Colts have a safety and a linebacker coming back this week which will strengthen their defense even more. This game reminds me of the Oilers vs Steelers in the Steelers run for the Roses. This time I hope the Houston team comes out ahead. Neither Roby or Joseph will play. I do expect our fullback to get many more snaps protecting number four. I also expect fairbairn to get at least three field goals. I am concerned about his missing extra points but those are only one each. Imo it is a mental thing with him and He should shake it off soon.

Keion Crossen pro day 4.32 speed and 39.5 vertical and only 1 inch shorter than T Y Hilton and whom should cover the Colt. Hilton will get his but Crossen may surprise as he did in chowder land.
Colts could have both starting safeties return and Leonard. That being said okereke and willis have played well for the colts. Willis may even have permanently taken starting position from geathers and okereke is better in coverage than Leonard has been

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
This is a DJ Reader type of game. I gotta think the lunch pail gang is loving this challenge to stop the run as well as Thumper55. Still see this as most physical game of the year along with the Ravens

badboy

Hall of Fame
Shore up the penalties and missed kicks and drops and don't do anything else differently.
Tunsil should be even more confident after giving up two offsides and the team still wins. I was concerned with Johnson going in at right tackle but he seemed to do okay. It should be interesting how we approach the running game as the Colts defense is much better in that regard than chiefs were.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Division games are always tougher to gauge. We have the edge talent-wise overall. The Colts however do have homefield plus TY against a banged up secondary. I think our offensive firepower/potency is much stronger. I think we have a slight edge. We won in hostile KC, so I have hope. We are on the verge of a possible, legitimate resurgence after some inconsistent games early on.

Texans 29
Colts 20

badboy

Hall of Fame

Texans 29
Colts 20
KC had home field and same banged up defense as Roby went out and Joseph didn't play. Tyreke Hill but Texans did win. I do agree with your optimism.

frethack

Rookie
Tunsil should be even more confident after giving up two offsides and the team still wins. I was concerned with Johnson going in at right tackle but he seemed to do okay. It should be interesting how we approach the running game as the Colts defense is much better in that regard than chiefs were.
Is it possible that we have one quality and two serviceable tackles on the roster? What a luxury!

badboy

Hall of Fame
Is it possible that we have one quality and two serviceable tackles on the roster? What a luxury!
I am hopeful and I think it needs to be that this current offensive line plays healthy as some Texans in distant past. It was noted prior to Sunday's game that Henderson was able to return from his illness. Can he be a quality backup? Issue for me, whom is our backup left tackle if tunsil goes out? With Titus Howard out it would have to be Roderick Johnson with Henderson at right tackle. Basically we have a rotation of Tunsil, Scharping, Martin, Fulton, Howard and Henderson.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Actually, the Colts run defense is 19th in the league. In other words, not very good. The Texans run game is 5th in the league. The Texans should be able to run on them at will.
Now where it will be interesting is Texans 8th ranked run defense against the Colts 4th ranked running game. They'll be running into a wall. Watt, Reader, Mercilus and the Texans stout linebackers should be able to corral Mack and Brissett and keep them somewhat under control. It's going to be a fun game to watch. That's for sure.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm surprised colts are -1, but that's home field advantage for you which is usually worth 2-3 points

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Hilton had a big game in 2017 when Brissett started
He did yes but the two teams are looking almost completely different now. I'm not saying Hilton won't get his yards, he will, but I don't think it will matter as much because Watson will help Hopkins and Fuller get theirs. Assuming they can, you know, actually catch the damn ball this time.