Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 7...Saddle Up Them Ponies...Indianapolis Colts!

Honestly this might be the best game of the weekend but it won't get the attention it deserves till afterwards because everyone will be focused on things like can the Chiefs bounce back and the Pats and 49ers win streaks. Other than the division itself AFCS teams have something else in common, we never get any respect till after the fact.

Saddens me to know that the Texans have been not only been beaten by Brissett before, they've been shut out by Brissett before: in a game that Tom Brady was suspended and Gronk was hurt no less. The Texans already owe the Colts some payback, time for the Texans to dish out some payback on him as well. Just go into Lucas Oil and obliterate their hineys. That'll show the NFL who is in charge of the AFC South!!!

I'm surprised colts are -1, but that's home field advantage for you which is usually worth 2-3 points
Yea they always give the home team three points, but I guess they feel this game could be so close they only did minus1
Honestly this might be the best game of the weekend but it won't get the attention it deserves till afterwards because everyone will be focused on things like can the Chiefs bounce back and the Pats and 49ers win streaks. Other than the division itself AFCS teams have something else in common, we never get any respect till after the fact.
Well the chiefs play thurs night so they shouldn't talk about them. Pat's are another story.

Saddens me to know that the Texans have been not only been beaten by Brissett before, they've been shut out by Brissett before: in a game that Tom Brady was suspended and Gronk was hurt no less. The Texans already owe the Colts some payback, time for the Texans to dish out some payback on him as well. Just go into Lucas Oil and obliterate their hineys. That'll show the NFL who is in charge of the AFC South!!!
Maybe it ends in a tie lol

I’m going to pick the Colts in a close one. The Colts defense is better and healthier than the Falcons and Chiefs. And I’m just not convinced the Texans have turned a corner. Good win against a severely weakened Chiefs team.

Colts 21
Texans 17

Look we almost beat NO in NO, we beat LA in LA, and KC in KC. I think the Colts are pretty good. But if our Offense keeps doing what they are doing I have no doubt we will beat them easily.
La is bad this year. You may beat the colts, but beating them easily probably won't happen

Look we almost beat NO in NO, we beat LA in LA, and KC in KC. I think the Colts are pretty good. But if our Offense keeps doing what they are doing I have no doubt we will beat them easily.
La is bad this year. You may beat the colts, but beating them easily probably won't happen

Talk about a highly anticipated game. In 3 days the Texans will go to Indianapolis to take out 17 years of revenge on the Colts after how they've beat up on the Texans year after year. Especially after last year's second game and that playoff game. It's time to bully them around for a while. Starting with this game.
Go Texans!

Some names in the following quote have been changed to remain relevant.......
I know that Brisket will undoubtedly anger me today.

I know OB will probably anger me even more than Brisket for a variety of different reasons.

I know there will be time outs saved... and time outs wasted.

That said......

GO TEXANS!!!
:texflag:

I'm not superstitious, but I do believe in risk/reward..... it worked last time when I preemptively complained about OB.... maybe it will work again.

IF I'm right.... we win.... IF I'm wrong than the worst I'm out is this stupid post that makes me look superstitious...

:fans:

Some names in the following quote have been changed to remain relevant.......

I'm not superstitious, but I do believe in risk/reward..... it worked last time when I preemptively complained about OB.... maybe it will work again.

IF I'm right.... we win.... IF I'm wrong than the worst I'm out is this stupid post that makes me look superstitious...

:fans:

I'm with you, the week I stopped playing Watson on my fantasy team was the Failcons game and I said I wouldn't play him again. Its pretty much cost me my season but man if this kind of play keeps up its worth it.

The Colts always play us tough & I expect a close game this weekend. Out of the ten games in the O'Brian era only one has more than a one score difference.

2014 Texans 28 Colts 33, Point Diff 5
2014 Texans 10 Colts 17, Point Diff 7

2015 Texans 20 Colts 27, Point Diff 7
2015 Texans 16 Colts 10, Point Diff 6

2016 Texans 26 Colts 23, Point Diff 3
2016 Texans 22 Colts 17, Point Diff 5

2017 Texans 14 Colts 20, Point Diff 6
2017 Texans 13 Colts 22, Point Diff 9

2018 Texans 37 Colts 34, Point Diff 3
2018 Texans 21 Colts 24, Point Diff 3

O'Brian's record against Colts
4/6 .400

I think this game day thread went up in record time. This is a good way to gauge Jam’s optimism.

I worry a little bit about this team staying humble and hungry. I feel that is what’s going to be tested the most in this game. Certainly it won’t be talent, the Texans have the clear advantage there. They had that advantage as well home field the last time these two teams met.
I disagree with the Texans having more talent at the end of the season than the Colts last year. By the end of the year the Texans were seriously banged up, had lost several key players and several of the ones still on the field were so banged up they probably shouldn't have been out there. That, more than anything else, cost us those games in my opinion.

If I'm the Colts I put Justin Houston just outside of Roderick Johnson and give Watson hell. Colts have a safety and a linebacker coming back this week which will strengthen their defense even more. This game reminds me of the Oilers vs Steelers in the Steelers run for the Roses. This time I hope the Houston team comes out ahead. Neither Roby or Joseph will play. I do expect our fullback to get many more snaps protecting number four. I also expect fairbairn to get at least three field goals. I am concerned about his missing extra points but those are only one each. Imo it is a mental thing with him and He should shake it off soon.

Keion Crossen pro day 4.32 speed and 39.5 vertical and only 1 inch shorter than T Y Hilton and whom should cover the Colt. Hilton will get his but Crossen may surprise as he did in chowder land.

I think the problem started with the new holder and much of the problem can be attributed to that. I do agree with you that it has probably become a mental thing for Fairbairn at this point and has shaken his confidence. Fix the first, I think he can overcome the second factor (hopefully).

The Colts O-line will keep Brisset clean all game long, but I think our defense will keep Mack In check, not allowing any big gains. TY will get his yards but only one Rec TD.

O’Brien gets cute and goes back to trying to force his system, making it a boring low scoring game. Another quiet game for Hopkins, Watson throws for one TD.

Texans 17
Colts 10

Last game's tackling deteriorated..........it better straighten up for Mack or we will have a long day.

That playoff loss to Indy last year was rigged as a ************, our first deep pass should have been pass interference bigger than **** instead we had to punt. Then we stopped them on their first drive but the refs gave them a super generous spot for the first down. I keep hearing that the NFL is a narrative driven league well there was a narrative by the NFL and the media going into that playoff game last year that it was an Andrew Luck coming out party and he was the golden boy on the pregame show he won comeback player of the year over Watt last year where the **** is he now? Comeback player of the year my ******* ass. Watson almost came back on them in the second half with Hopkins playing hurt with no other receivers, that would have been a way different game with Fuller or even D. Thomas in the game. I think we're going to beat their ass this time. Let's ******* go

Last edited:
Well... IF the Texans manage to dominate... I wouldnt shed a tear or feel one ounce of pity for Indy or their fans. Even if its 77 to 3. IF you have the chance to crush your opponent... you do that.

If you have a chance to stomp the morale out of a division rival..... you put your foot to their throat and drink their tears....

I just dont believe it will be the case....Id say its far more likely that even if it is 77-3 at halftime OB would still manage to allow the Colts back in it... and probably challenge the ruling on the field that he threw the challenge flag.

I do not fear the Luckless Dolts, nor the quarterbackless Tits nor the seriously quarterbackless Kittens. I can't think of a single reason we should lose a game in-division this year except for the fact we're talking about the Texans, which means we honestly don't know yet which team shows up week to week with these guys.

I feel pretty much the same way.

They have the best QB in the division and its not even remotely close.
The best WR group in the entire league.
They probably have the best front 7 in the division.

They shouldn't lose a game in the division , really no excuse for it - not with the talent on this team compared to Indy / Ten / Jax.

I feel pretty much the same way.

They have the best QB in the division and its not even remotely close.
The best WR group in the entire league.
They probably have the best front 7 in the division.

They shouldn't lose a game in the division , really no excuse for it - not with the talent on this team compared to Indy / Ten / Jax.
It doesn't work that way. Any team can be beaten at any given time regardless of talent. If winning was based on talent the browns would be undefeated.

That playoff loss to Indy last year was rigged as a ************, our first deep pass should have been pass interference bigger than **** instead we had to punt. Then we stopped them on their first drive but the refs gave them a super generous spot for the first down. I keep hearing that the NFL is a narrative driven league well there was a narrative by the NFL and the media going into that playoff game last year that it was an Andrew Luck coming out party and he was the golden boy on the pregame show he won comeback player of the year over Watt last year where the **** is he now? Comeback player of the year my ******* ass. Watson almost came back on them in the second half with Hopkins playing hurt with no other receivers, that would have been a way different game with Fuller or even D. Thomas in the game. I think we're going to beat their ass this time. Let's ******* go
D thomas wasn't even the same player at that point. I give you fuller, but the colts didn't have doyle. Both Luck and Watt were worthy of that award last year, but qbs typically always get chosen over other positions. Hilton also played hurt with a high and low ankle sprain.

It doesn't work that way. Any team can be beaten at any given time regardless of talent. If winning was based on talent the browns would be undefeated.
It depends on how that talent is used and whether or not they play together as a team or, as is the case with the Browns, as a bunch of individuals.
The Texans are playing as a team. The O-line has been probably one of the best in the league the last 2 weeks in particular. They have not allowed Watson to be sacked or hit at all. The line mowed the way for a 166 yard running game against the Falcons with 1 rushing touchdown and a 192 yard running game with 3 rushing touchdowns against the Chiefs. Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Coutee, Hyde, Johnson, Fells and Akins are proving to be deadly through the air to the tune of 1644 yards so far in 5 games, and 682 yards and 6 passing touchdowns in the last 2 games alone against the Falcons and Chiefs. Now go ahead and throw Kenny Stills back into the mix and it's going to get even tougher. This is going to be an overwhelming group for the pretty weak Indianapolis defense to have to handle.
Compare that to the Colts. Brissett, Hilton, Mack and Ebron are the only real threats the Colts have. Well, you can pretty much scratch Ebron because he hasn't been much of a threat. So it's Brissett, Hilton and Mack left to carry the offense. An offense that can't throw the ball so they pretty much have to run it as a result. Being one dimensional like that against the Texans defense isn't going to go well for the Colts. Of course Hilton and Mack will do their damage, but it will be very limited. The Texans are going to beat the Colts, and they are going to do so pretty handily.

Last edited:
Ebron has not been the Colts main threat at TE for a while. Whether he does or doesn't play, Jack Doyle will be taking most of the snaps and will be the main TE factor in the game. He is a great run blocker (Mack has been a substantial recipient of his services), and is definitely a receiving threat.

Vegas has the Colts favored at home by only 1.5 points...............expect ~48 points being scored in the game.

Vegas always gives the home team a 2-3 point advantage so basically they are saying its to close to call. This will be the game of the week I think because now it will also show who is most likely to step up and try to slay the monster that is the Pats.

Should be a good game. 50/50 on who wins in IMO. I think Reich is a better coach after 1 year than O'Brien in 5. He beat us at home in the playoffs and made Clowney lose 1 of the 2 regular season games. He's got the Colts winning even with Luck's shocking retirement. And I hate the Colts.

It depends on how that talent is used and whether or not they play together as a team or, as is the case with the Browns, as a bunch of individuals.
The Texans are playing as a team. The O-line has been probably one of the best in the league the last 2 weeks in particular. They have not allowed Watson to be sacked or hit at all. The line mowed the way for a 166 yard running game against the Falcons with 1 rushing touchdown and a 192 yard running game with 3 rushing touchdowns against the Chiefs. Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Coutee, Hyde, Johnson, Fells and Akins are proving to be deadly through the air to the tune of 1644 yards so far in 5 games, and 682 yards and 6 passing touchdowns in the last 2 games alone against the Falcons and Chiefs. Now go ahead and throw Kenny Stills back into the mix and it's going to get even tougher. This is going to be an overwhelming group for the pretty weak Indianapolis defense to have to handle.
Compare that to the Colts. Brissett, Hilton, Mack and Ebron are the only real threats the Colts have. Well, you can pretty much scratch Ebron because he hasn't been much of a threat. So it's Brissett, Hilton and Mack left to carry the offense. An offense that can't throw the ball so they pretty much have to run it as a result. Being one dimensional like that against the Texans defense isn't going to go well for the Colts. Of course Hilton and Mack will do their damage, but it will be very limited. The Texans are going to beat the Colts, and they are going to do so pretty handily.
I have to disagree. The texans may win, but it should not be handily. The colts also play as a team and are more than just mack and hilton. I'll agree with ebron not being much a threat with his brick hands lol.
Doyle, hines, mo Ali cox, Pascal, wilkins, and Roger's are all capable of catching with hilton being doubled.Also this is probably the game Watson's other former wr Deon Cain breaks out.
Colts offensive line has played at a high level as well and will continue to dominate. Also Watson should not have all day to throw with Leonard, houston and autry attacking the weak side of your line.
Combine that with the fact the colts have had two weeks to come up with a plan and I'd expect a close competitive game that could come down to the wire like last years early contest.
The winner of the early match up probably wins the division and has a shot at the number 2 seed, however I expect both teams to reach the playoffs.

Vegas always gives the home team a 2-3 point advantage so basically they are saying its to close to call. This will be the game of the week I think because now it will also show who is most likely to step up and try to slay the monster that is the Pats.

Nobody gives a crap about the AFCSouth. Everyone will believe the Patriots will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl unless Mahomes gets back quick & healthy.

It's interesting to note that in all years past going back to his rookie 2013 year, T Y Hilton consistently averaged ~16-17 yds/catch...............this year 9.7 yds/catch.
Well the colts haven't been pushing the ball down the field much this year. Hilton has been used more in the short routes and has more redzone tds than he normally would as a result.

Back