Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 7...After the Bye...Seattle Seahawks!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Sunday, October 29th at 3:05pm, the Texans will take on the Seattle Seahawks at Centurylink Field in Seattle, Washington. The game will be aired locally in Houston on CBS 11.
After the bye so far under Bill O'brien, the Texans have managed to come out and be better in every aspect of the game.
This year, the defense needs to do as history has suggested and improve. The offense, however, should they improve, that's just scary to think about.
The adjustments made by the coaching staff seems to work every year.
Watson has been amazing so far. If he and the offense get even better, what does that mean for any defense the Texans go against. The Texans offense, run by Watson, has already faced some very good defenses and shown incredible explosiveness and unpredictability. Bill has been able to really open up his play book, add some plays to it, and call really good games.
This will have to be the case against Sherman and the Seahawks defense. Now their defense is susceptible to the run, but their secondary is among the best in the league with Sherman back there. However, should Watson improve even more, that defense could be facing an offense like they haven't seen this year.
Watson has the weapons. Hopkins, Fuller, Miller, Ellington, Griffin and Foreman.
I think this is going to be too much for the Seahawks defense to handle.
Now as far as Wilson and his offense, should the Texans show the improvement they have in previous years, the Seahawks offense might have problems moving the ball.
These guys are having problems running and passing consistently. Should Watson and the Texans offense go out there and get ahead early, that will force Wilson to win it with his arm. This year, he just doesn't have the weapons to get that done.
Clowney and the boys can just pin their ears back and make life miserable for Wilson.
This is interesting to call. Wilson is a great quarterback. So is Watson.
I'm going to call a Houston win in a big fight.
The Texans could run away with the game, but I think Wilson and the "twelfth man" keeps it close.
Texans 34
Seahawks 27

Last edited:
I look for Lamarr Houston to have big impact on the pass rush this game. I'll take Texans 31-24 over the seachickens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houston can't beat the Seahawks with a stick. I hope I'm wrong, but this may be the game an opposing defense solves the Texan onslaught.
Goony birds 21
Toros 0

Think the Seahawks might expose Watson this game. Also don't think our defense will hold up well against the Seahawks. Wilson will extend plays and our secondary will not be able to hold up; much like what Alex smith was able to do against us. Hope I'm wrong but seahawks 31-17.

This is a hard game to call because I really don't know what kind of team the Seahawks are? All of their games have been close, except for their games against bad teams like the Colts & Giants. But even in that Colts game, they struggled early. The game was tied at around 5 mins to go in the 3rd. But then the Seahawks started to make some big plays and ran away with this game. The same can even be said for this weeks game against the Giants. Giants were only down 3 points in the 4th quarter, until Eli fumbled the ball away. Then the Seahawks scored two TDs to make the game seem not as close as it actually was.

Offensively, they are rather mediocre. They can't run the ball and have a bad OL. Wilson basically has to make plays on his own.
Defensively, they struggle against the run, but I would not test their secondary.

It may not be pleasing to the eyes, but a recipe for victory may involve a conservative game plan of trying to run the ball and not cause any turnovers.

I predict a close game and will probably come down to who has the ball last. A 20-17 type of game.

DMls2aMW0AERAMD.jpg

Winnable game .... wouldn't have said that at the beginning of the season but the Texans are better with Watson and the SeaDucks aren't as good as they have been the past few years.

Winnable game .... wouldn't have said that at the beginning of the season but the Texans are better with Watson and the SeaDucks aren't as good as they have been the past few years.
This game will be a good test for Watson. Seattle still fields a very good defense. The front 7 isn't as stout without Avril but they are still very good.

Think the Seahawks might expose Watson this game. Also don't think our defense will hold up well against the Seahawks. Wilson will extend plays and our secondary will not be able to hold up; much like what Alex smith was able to do against us. Hope I'm wrong but seahawks 31-17.

Seattles O line is quite possibly the worst in the league. If anything time for the Texans youngsters up front on the d line to shine

I'm not afraid of Seahawks at home like previous years. They're a good team with lots of holes. Our defenses match up well against each others offense. I like our run game much more than I like theirs but their ST is much better than our **** bag ST. We can win this game for sure. Don't let Doug Baldwin beat us with big plays.

I am excited to see the upgraded offense with Duane Brown and a bye week O'Brien offense.

Don't expect Watson to do much here, but Russel Wilson has been very bad in the first half of games so there is opportunity to jump out to a lead.

I am excited to see the upgraded offense with Duane Brown and a bye week O'Brien offense.

Don't expect Watson to do much here, but Russel Wilson has been very bad in the first half of games so there is opportunity to jump out to a lead.
I don't think you will see Duane Brown play in this game. I doubt he is in game shape.

Can't imagine him not being active for this one, right now DB would be better after 2 years of retirement than Davenport as a rookie.

My money is on him rotating with Clark.

I don't know why, maybe it's the kool-aid hangover but for some reason the Seahawks don't seem as scary as they did even a month ago. Wilson is key on offense. If he can be contained halfway decently (not expecting perfect) then I like our chances to hold them to two TD's and a couple of FG's. So, I'll say 20 for the Hawks.

I highly respect the Hawks D, but Watson is tearing it up. Maybe it's not a 30 plus game, but I'll give them 3 TD's and 2 FG's - so my final is Texans 27 and Seahawks 20. Before Watson, scoring 27 in Seattle would have been laughable, but now - I think they have it in them to hit 27 there.

That would be a bit of a statement for sure. That stadium is one of the most difficult to pull off a win, if not the most difficult.

My money is on him rotating with Clark.

I don't know why, maybe it's the kool-aid hangover but for some reason the Seahawks don't seem as scary as they did even a month ago. Wilson is key on offense. If he can be contained halfway decently (not expecting perfect) then I like our chances to hold them to two TD's and a couple of FG's. So, I'll say 20 for the Hawks.

I highly respect the Hawks D, but Watson is tearing it up. Maybe it's not a 30 plus game, but I'll give them 3 TD's and 2 FG's - so my final is Texans 27 and Seahawks 20. Before Watson, scoring 27 in Seattle would have been laughable, but now - I think they have it in them to hit 27 there.

That would be a bit of a statement for sure. That stadium is one of the most difficult to pull off a win, if not the most difficult.

One thing that helps quite a bit is that Deshaun can bide time for the receivers to beat coverage. That is going to help out quite a bit.

• Russell Wilson has never lost to an AFC team at home. The Seahawks have only lost 5 games at home since Russ started for them in 2012. Of those 5, only 2 of the games were losses to teams outside of the NFCW.

Add to that, our current pattern has us losing. L, W, L, W, L, W... we're 3-3. About to be 3-4 if we can't learn to string some wins together.

Do we know how many rookies have played @ Seattle since then? Curious about that number.

How many clicks you think you're going to get with a line like that? texanhead08's line is way more likely to draw traffic.

Other than the fact that rookie Russel Wilson won quite a few games there.

Personally, I think this is an entertainment league.

To have a QB like Watson is a good thing.
He's been doing a fair bit of good things off the field, while being a conscientious learner on the field.

I really tip my hat for him, the way he's been conducting himself.
Fun (as it should be) but also working hard.
Confident, but also humble.

A guy we can go to war with.

Just keep him upright for the long run.
He has a lot of good qualities, both as a person and a player.

Last edited:
Do we know how many rookies have played @ Seattle since then? Curious about that number.
According to what I've found researching pro football reference:

Mike Glennon(Tampa Bay) (11-3-2013)
17/23 168yds 2 Tds 123.1 QBR Lost 27-24

Derek Carr (Oakland) (11-2-2014)
24/41 194yds 2 Tds 2 Ints 66.5 QBR Lost 30-24

Carson Wentz (Philly) (11-20-2016)
23/45 218yds 2 Tds 2 Ints 61.2 QBR Lost 26-15

Jared Goff (LA Rams) (12-15-2016)
13/25 135 yds 67.9 QBR Lost 24-3

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks man for looking that up

About the Texans
Watson’s quick development is generating a lot of excitement about the Texans and changing the personality of the team from one built around a J.J. Watt-led defense to one that this week is tied for third in the NFL in points per game at 29.5. The emergence of Watson has taken some of the load off a defense that has taken some significant personnel hits with Watt and outside linebacker Whitney Mercilus out for the season due to injury and linebacker Brian Cushing having been suspended for using performance-enhancing drugs. Still, Houston’s defense has played pretty well, ranking 11th in the NFL in yards per game allowed at 310.5, though it’s also been erratic, allowing 42 and 36 points to the Chiefs and Patriots but holding the Browns, Titans and Bengals each to 17 or less. But it’s the offense that makes Houston suddenly dangerous. With the mobile Watson the Texans are running a scheme that is similar to that of Carolina with Cam Newton and Buffalo with Tyrod Taylor, each of which have given Seattle problems the past few seasons. Seattle’s linebackers and safeties will be called on to contain Watson and a Houston rushing attack that ranks third in the NFL in yards per game at 137.7. Houston is coming off its bye and also will be bolstered by the return of veteran left tackle Duane Brown, who ended his holdout Monday and could play against the Seahawks, and cornerback Kevin Johnson, who has been out since suffering a knee injury in the second week of the season.
***https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-opponent-outlook-houston-texans/
FWIW that's the thoughts of a sports journalist with the Seattle Times on the Seahawks upcoming opponent.
One more thing - the Seahawks just signed former Colts edge rusher Dwight Freeney.

Could also say against bad Head Coaches

Greg Schiano
Dennis Allen
Doug Pederson (maybe a exception but his first year H/C with a rookie)
Jeff Fisher

Glass half full...

I don’t know about that. Exactly when was the last time Doc delivered any good news to us? Lol

Maybe he has Autism and unable to feel compassion? I've been watching The Good Doctor and might be on to something. He might be a super genius without feelings!

Back