Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 6...Is It Possible...Kansas City Chiefs!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Sunday, October 13th at 12:00 PM CST, the Texans will be in Kansas City at Arrow Head Stadium to take on the Kansas City Chiefs. The game will be aired locally in Houston on TV on CBS 11 and on radio on Sports Radio 610 AM.

Against a bad Falcons team, Watson and the offense finally woke up and showed the fireworks that the Texans offense could be all about. The Chiefs defense isn't much better so we could see some serious fireworks in this game.
2 gun slingers shooting it out in Kansas City. This is the one everyone wants to see. Watson against Mahomes. Fire power against fire power. This is going to be fun.

Here are the 2 teams.

Your Houston Texans
Offense:
WR DeAndre Hopkins
LT Laremy Tunsil, Roderick Johnson
LG Max Scharping
C Nick Martin, Greg Mancz
RG Zach Fulton
RT Tytus Howard, Seantrel Henderson
TE Darren Fells, Jordan Akins, Logan Paulsen
WR Keke Coutee, DeAndre Carter
WR Will Fuller V, Kenny Stills
QB Deshaun Watson, AJ McCarron, Alex McGough
RB Duke Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Taiwan Jones, Buddy Howell, Cullen Gillaspia

Defense:
DE J.J. Watt, Carlos Watkins
NT D.J. Reader, Brandon Dunn
DE Angelo Blackson, Charles Omenihu
OLB Whitney Mercilus, Barkevious Mingo
ILB Benardrick McKinney, Peter Kalambayi, Tyrell Adams
ILB Zach Cunningham, Dylan Cole
OLB Brennan Scarlett, Jacob Martin
CB Johnathan Joseph, Lonnie Johnson Jr., Phillip Gaines
CB Bradley Roby, Keion Crossen, Xavier Crawford
S Tashaun Gipson Sr., Jahleel Addae, Mike Adams
S Justin Reid, A.J. Moore Jr.

Special Teams:
K Ka'imi Fairbairn
P Bryan Anger
LS Jon Weeks
KR DeAndre Carter, Taiwan Jones
PR DeAndre Carter, Keke Coutee
H Bryan Anger

The Kansas City Chiefs
Offense:
WR Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson, Byron Pringle
LT Eric Fisher, Cam Erving, Greg Senat
LG Andrew Wylie, Stefen Wisniewski
C Austin Reiter, Nick Allegretti
RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Stefen Wisniewski
RT Mitchell Schwartz, Martinas Rankin
TE Travis Kelce, Blake Bell, Deon Yelder
WR Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman, De'Anthony Thomas
QB Patrick Mahomes, Matt Moore
RB Damien Williams, LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson, Darrel Williams
FB Anthony Sherman

Defense:
LDE Alex Okafor, Emmanuel Ogbah
LDT Chris Jones, Khalen Saunders
RDT Derrick Nnadi
RDE Frank Clark, Tanoh Kpassagnon
LB Anthony Hitchens, Ben Niemann, Reggie Ragland
LB Damien Wilson, Darron Lee, Dorian O'Daniel
LCB Charvarius Ward, Rashad Fenton, Morris Claiborne
RCB Bashaud Breeland, Rashad Fenton
CB Kendall Fuller, Rashad Fenton
FS Juan Thornhill, Daniel Sorensen
SS Tyrann Mathieu, Jordan Lucas, Armani Watts

Special Teams:
P Dustin Colquitt
K Harrison Butker, Dustin Colquitt
H Dustin Colquitt
LS James Winchester
PR Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman
KR De'Anthony Thomas, Tyreek Hill

Ok. Watson and his crew against Mahomes and his crew. How do the Texans come out of Kansas City with a win?
The only way is ball control. The Texans have got to expose the weakness that the Chiefs defense has. The run and underneath routes. With the Texans newly found ability to run the ball, it could open up a whole new level of play for the Texans offense. Getting the ball to the backs out of the back field and to the tight ends underneath could help as well. Play action could really develop as a result of running and getting the ball underneath. Duke, Carlos, Fells and Akins pose a threat and that could open up DeAndre, Will, Keke and Kenny and give Watson the power of play action to get the ball out deep.
Just use the clock with long methodical drives that end in scores.
JJ and Whitney have got to get to Mahomes. That's easier said then done. Just throw him off his game, especially since he might be without Tyreek and Sammy. The Colts were able to do it last week and the Texans have got to follow suit in order to have a chance to win. The question is, will the Texans defense be able to keep Mahomes and the rest of his weapons bottled up enough for the Texans to come home from Kansas City with a victory?
Is it possible for the Texans to win this? I really do think so. After a shocking loss to the Colts, The Texans defense will have a blueprint on how to slow down a hobbled Mahomes and he and his Chiefs will once again be defeated at home.
I fully expect this to be a high scoring shoot out between Watson and Mahomes that will be exciting and allot of fun to watch. Watson will come out on top.

Texans 35
Chiefs 28

Rock & Roll Texans!

Last edited:

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Texans can win this. KC's defense really sucks. Texans defense is really bad as well though, and Mahomes likely has a field day in the air.

This game is likely a high scoring offensive battle that goes down to the wire where one team gets that key stop.

Bugman7star

All Pro
Despite having a week to recover, Mahomes may be limited mobility-wise due to his ankle issues this past week. We need to get pressure on defense and establish the run on offense. They saw what Fuller can do. They have to really decide who to cover between him and Hopkins. I am hoping for two weeks in a row of a strong outing for our team. We shall see...

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Line has gone from -7.5 to only -5.

Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs

Players to Watch

Among the 105 NFL defensive linemen with 100 or more pass-rushing snaps this season, the Texans’ JJ Watt ranks second in PFF pass-rushing grade at 88.6. Totaling 21 hurries, nine hits and five sacks, Watt also ranks first in pass-rush win rate (25.9%) and eighth in pressure percentage (16.5%) among the same group of qualifiers.

Chiefs right tackle Mitchell Schwartz will see the lion’s share of Watt’s pass-rushing snaps on Sunday. Among the 62 offensive tackles with 120 or more pass-blocking snaps this season, he ranks eighth in pass-blocking grade (80.0) and tied for fourth in pass-blocking efficiency (98.1).

Fantasy Football Preview

Since the start of the 2017 season, Patrick Mahomes leads the league in games with at least four passing touchdowns with eight. Deshaun Watson leads in games with at least five, with three. We’ll see how healthy Mahomes is after getting banged up Sunday night, but this is a matchup of maybe the league’s two best fantasy quarterbacks and could provide massive fantasy numbers.

Greenline Preview

By far the highest total on the weekend, this number has dropped slightly off the open but is still almost a touchdown more than any other game on this slate. The Chiefs have the first-ranked offense but are coming off by far their worst performance of the season. The Texans have the 10th-ranked offense and are coming off by far their best performance of the season. Some recency bias is again in effect with the Chiefs opening as -7.5 point favorites but now dropping to -5 in most spots. Greenline can point you in the right direction for plays on both the spread and total in this exciting AFC matchup.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-6-pff-preview-players-to-watch-fantasy-football-advice-betting-projections

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
JJ and Whitney have got to get to Mahomes. That's easier said then done. Just throw him off his game, especially since he might be without Tyreek and Sammy. The Colts were able to do it last week and the Texans have got to follow suit in order to have a chance to win. The question is, will the Texans defense be able to keep Mahomes and the rest of his weapons bottled up enough for the Texans to come home from Kansas City with a victory?
Is it possible for the Texans to win this? I really do think so. After a shocking loss to the Colts, The Texans defense will have a blueprint on how to slow down a hobbled Mahomes and he and his Chiefs will once again be defeated at home.
I fully expect this to be a high scoring shoot out between Watson and Mahomes that will be exciting and allot of fun to watch. Watson will come out on top.

Texans 35
Chiefs 28

Rock & Roll Texans!
They don't have a LT.............Fisher's out, and Cam Erving who was a 1st round LT bust even by Browns standards came to the Chiefs to man the LG position..........he barely held down that position ..............out of desperation, now injured Erving has been moved to his new position..............they don't have a LG as after last week's injury, I don't see any way Wylie plays.............so I see they've just signed 11 year vet Wisniewski as a desperation move to try to plug the LG hole................JJ and Whitney better be able to test Mahomes' ankle...........and often.............

Last edited:

Porky

Hall of Fame
I think the players can win. I don't trust the BOB vs. Reid match-up. BOB consistently blows challenges, TO's, time management in general, and gives us plays like the Stagger Lee II.

In short, if you think (as I do) that the HC match-up is the most important of all - we're doomed.

If BOB actually can manage to be AR's equal - we win.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
We are catching the Chiefs at a time when they are extremely vulnerable because of injuries and we on the other hand are relatively healthy.
Top WRs Hill & Watkins are both expected to be out Sunday as is Eric Fischer, their LT, and their backup LT Cam Fleming expected to play is also banged up but he's not very good when healthy.
To top it off QB MaHomes is nursing a bad ankle those he's expected to play, atleast start.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
We score a lot and keep it closer than most people think. But the opponents are mad after last week and have us out-manned.
Squaws 34
Toros 28

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
We score a lot and keep it closer than most people think. But the opponents are mad after last week and have us out-manned.
Squaws 34
Toros 28
Actually, with Tyreek and Sammy out, their left tackle out with a far inferior backup playing and Mahomes dealing with a sprained ankle, it might just be the Chiefs that are "out-manned".

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
IMO, more impact players for the Chiefs are injured than for the Texans. The Texans can win this game if OB can get out of his own way. They need to either game plan similar to last week or just let DW4 wing it and make a playground game out of it.
Mahomes is missing much more talent than DW4 (hopefully the same can be said after the game), so I have hope for my Texans.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Every body has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Then it's about adjustments. KC has some injury concerns. But Reid has had a week to come up with something.

Bill O'Brien's offense looked amazing Sunday. You can safely assume all those things that worked, you won't see it again the rest of the season.

I think Reid will make the right adjustments before O'Brien.

DanielTx

Veteran
34-27 Texans

It’s not that I don’t want to pick the opponents to win. I don’t think there’s any team in the afc better than the Texans when there clicking besides the pats. Bills, chiefs, ravens and colts are all good teams. Problem is they don’t have a qb that can get them over the hunt besides mahomes < Deshaun will show the league whose the best QB come Sunday. Hopefully this offense doesn’t change up too much and can pound the ball. If Watson’s focused, no one can beat this team and the Texan players are starting to realize that. I want to blow them out but I’ll take the w in a close good game.

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Texans need to come out of the gate hard.
No more ***** footing around with these slow starts.
If you can score on them quickly and even get a two score lead you will force them to start taking risks and take them out of their comfort zone.
This is true of any team so no revelation there I guess!
Still, it is something I would like to see Texans do more of.

LikeMike

Veteran
I dont have much hope. The Chiefs biggest strength is, they get receivers open and Mahomes finds them fast. Our biggest weakness is our secondary, we give away too many easy passes. I don't care about their O-line, our track record isn't too good when going against backups at the line. We will move the ball well and score some points, but we won't be able to keep pace with their offense. I think this might be the first defeat by more than one score in a long time...

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
My understanding is Tyreek Hill will play Sunday. He had a full practice today.
https://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report/
I heard on Sports Radio 610 on the Payne and Pendergast show this morning when they were talking to a sports beat writer from Kansas City that Tyreek Hill is questionable and most likely won't play. He may have been a full participant in practice, but that doesn't definitively mean that he will play. He is still having trouble with his shoulder. He was, after all, on the injury report for it. The Chiefs are playing it safe with him. They'd rather have him for ther long haul then risk him for one game.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
I dont have much hope. The Chiefs biggest strength is, they get receivers open and Mahomes finds them fast. Our biggest weakness is our secondary, we give away too many easy passes. I don't care about their O-line, our track record isn't too good when going against backups at the line. We will move the ball well and score some points, but we won't be able to keep pace with their offense. I think this might be the first defeat by more than one score in a long time...
The thing is, those receivers you speak of are Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins. Both are out for this game and the next receivers up are a huge drop off in talent and production. The Colts were able to cover them easily man to man and shut them down. The Texans defense is better then the Colts defense. Patrick has a sprained ankle. He's going to play with it tapped up to the point that his ankle will not move at all. That will take away his greatest strength. His mobility. That's bad news when his starting left tackle is out with injury and the back up is like toilet paper trying to hold a bull back, and that's what it will be. He'll have to hold either JJ or Whitney back. That's not going to go well for Mahomes. Lessened mobility and bad protection don't go well together. Mahomes will effectively have only 2 weapons to get the ball to, Travis Kelce and LeSean McCoy. Cover those 2 and the Texans have a good opportunity to slow the Chiefs offense enough for Watson, Fuller, Coutee, Hopkins, Johnson, Hyde, Fells and Akins to do some serious damage.
I would not be so hasty as to automatically give this game to the Chiefs. After all, ther Colts beat them in their house last week. Why can't the Texans?

Last edited:

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Everyone is going on about how BoB needs to be on his A game, and he does, but we've seen in the past that even when the offense is good if the defense doesn't show up then it doesn't matter. You can't "bend don't break" with, even an injured, Mahomes because he will bend you till you look like a pretzel and our secondary is still weak. RAC needs to go after Mahomes and make him keep moving, see how long he can get away from Watt and Reader with that bad wheel. If Mahomes has time to line up his throws then he WILL find a target, force him to gun sling and then even if he is still good his receivers might not be up to par and make the catches he is use to.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Actually, with Tyreek and Sammy out, their left tackle out with a far inferior backup playing and Mahomes dealing with a sprained ankle, it might just be the Chiefs that are "out-manned".
Really looks like we catching them at right time. Most good teams dont lose two in a row at home though. I'm all over the texans and the points

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
@riversmccown
·
1h

"The way they set up their routes, it's very tough to play zone primarily against them all game ... It kinda makes it so that you have to play a lot of man." -- Bradley Roby on the Kansas City offense.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Have we forgotten about Kelce? He eats the Texans secondary up like TY Hilton.

Mahomes and Kelce will get their numbers. At some point the Texans defense is going to have to make some big stops in crunch time. They’ve not been good at the end of games.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
I agree completely. Our secondary will play soft giving a big cushion to Hill so they won't get burned and Mahomes will hit him underneath all day long - he will then use his speed for big gains.
Travis Kelce will continue to own us. We have never come close to even slowing him down. I like Gipson but he isn't good enough to stop Kelce.
I think our offense will score some points but our secondary just can't hang with the Chiefs receivers while Mahomes buys time with his legs.

frethack

Rookie
I agree completely. Our secondary will play soft giving a big cushion to Hill so they won't get burned and Mahomes will hit him underneath all day long - he will then use his speed for big gains.
Travis Kelce will continue to own us. We have never come close to even slowing him down. I like Gipson but he isn't good enough to stop Kelce.
I think our offense will score some points but our secondary just can't hang with the Chiefs receivers while Mahomes buys time with his legs.
All probably true.

But...their oline is terrible right now...especially the interior and left side. Our front 7 will cave it in with regularity. I expect to see a LOT of screens and quick passes, which the Chiefs excel at.

Also, their pass rush is not good and their secondary is putrid. They may not be Falcons bad, but they are likely the second worst defense we have seen thus far.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Have we forgotten about Kelce? He eats the Texans secondary up like TY Hilton.

Mahomes and Kelce will get their numbers. At some point the Texans defense is going to have to make some big stops in crunch time. They’ve not been good at the end of games.
That's why we signed Tashaun Gipson.

@riversmccown
·
1h

"The way they set up their routes, it's very tough to play zone primarily against them all game ... It kinda makes it so that you have to play a lot of man." -- Bradley Roby on the Kansas City offense.
and that's why we paying you $10 million Mr Roby!

Go get them guys!

badboy

Hall of Fame
You happen to know what the running avg for each and the overall RB avg as that also should be taken into account? A QB with a run game may not have to pass as much. I also look at avg per pass play and IIRC Watson has been good in past.