Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 6...Is It Possible...Kansas City Chiefs!

badboy

Hall of Fame
You happen to know what the running avg for each and the overall RB avg as that also should be taken into account? A QB with a run game may not have to pass as much. I also look at avg per pass play and IIRC Watson has been good in past.
I agree completely. Our secondary will play soft giving a big cushion to Hill so they won't get burned and Mahomes will hit him underneath all day long - he will then use his speed for big gains.
Travis Kelce will continue to own us. We have never come close to even slowing him down. I like Gipson but he isn't good enough to stop Kelce.
I think our offense will score some points but our secondary just can't hang with the Chiefs receivers while Mahomes buys time with his legs.
I'd like to see Lonnie Johnson on Tyreke bumping him hard with Reed helping over the top. At least for few plays to see how it works. Tyreke is going to get his but with his health a few solid bumps coming off line could reduce his effectiveness. Also, our rush has to keep Mahome from doing just that and hopefully his ankle will reduce his effectiveness.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
Bob vs Reid? It's not even close. I salivate thinking about what Andy Reid could have done with Watson. Chiefs at home after an embarrassing loss? They'll right the ship against us.

Chiefs 31
Texans 19

Reactions: 1d4

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Bob vs Reid? It's not even close. I salivate thinking about what Andy Reid could have done with Watson. Chiefs at home after an embarrassing loss? They'll right the ship against us.

Chiefs 31
Texans 19
Well, with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins and Eric Fisher out, the Chiefs are extremely vulnerable. Mahomes has a sprained ankle and will have his starting left tackle on the bench. Quite frankly, Cam Erving is going to get beat up by either Mercilus or Watt. He's just not a good lineman. Definitely no Eric Fisher. With Patrick trying to play on a heavily taped broken wheel (sprained ankle) and avoiding the Texans pass rush while being severely limited in his mobility, it's going to be more then difficult for him. The Chiefs don't have a running game offensively and can't stop the run defensively.
Even with the Texans handicap of having Billy O' as the coach, and playing in Kansas City, the Texans still take this one.
It's hard to see how they lose to a severely hobbled Chiefs team with only Kelce and McCoy as the only real weapons Mahomes will have. Slow them down and turn Watson loose again and the Texans win almost easily.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
Well, with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins and Eric Fisher out, the Chiefs are extremely vulnerable. Mahomes has a sprained ankle and will have his starting left tackle on the bench. Quite frankly, Cam Erving is going to get beat up by either Mercilus or Watt. He's just not a good lineman. Definitely no Eric Fisher. With Patrick trying to play on a heavily taped broken wheel (sprained ankle) and avoiding the Texans pass rush while being severely limited in his mobility, it's going to be more then difficult for him. The Chiefs don't have a running game offensively and can't stop the run defensively.
Even with the Texans handicap of having Billy O' as the coach, and playing in Kansas City, the Texans still take this one.
It's hard to see how they lose to a severely hobbled Chiefs team with only Kelce and McCoy as the only real weapons Mahomes will have. Slow them down and turn Watson loose again and the Texans win almost easily.
I take it you didn't watch the chiefs game last week.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
You mean the one last week, week 5 of the 2019 season that the Chiefs lost to the Colts by a score of 13-19? The one Sammy Watkins went out with a hammy injury that will keep him out this week? The one in which Mahomes sprained his ankle? The one in which their offensive line looked worse then the Texans ever did? You mean that one right? I saw some of it. Enough to know they're going to be in trouble against the Texans this week.
Oh, and by the way. That was in their own stadium.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
You mean the one last week, week 5 of the 2019 season that the Chiefs lost to the Colts by a score of 13-19? The one Sammy Watkins went out with a hammy injury that will keep him out this week? The one in which Mahomes sprained his ankle? The one in which their offensive line looked worse then the Texans ever did? You mean that one right? I saw some of it. Enough to know they're going to be in trouble against the Texans this week.
Oh, and by the way. That was in their own stadium.
The chiefs literally shot themselves in the foot all game. They played a bad game, the colts played out of their minds. It's much more likely that the Chiefs score over 30 than under 30 in this game. And the norm suggest it's much more likely the Texans score under 30 than over 30.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
The chiefs literally shot themselves in the foot all game. They played a bad game, the colts played out of their minds. It's much more likely that the Chiefs score over 30 than under 30 in this game. And the norm suggest it's much more likely the Texans score under 30 than over 30.
You go right ahead and keep telling yourself that negative garbage. For sure, Jacoby Brissett is no Deshaun Watson and he doesn't have the weapons that Deshaun has outside of TY Hilton either.
And how do you think the Chiefs are going to do so well without their 2 wide receivers, a hobbled Mahomes, a bad offensive line trying to keep out Mercilus and Watt, and no running game?
Don't forget that the Chiefs defense is one of worst in the league and can not stop the run at all.
It just doesn't spell that kind of game you're trying to sell here at all.
As a matter of fact, if you look at the facts, it's more then likely the game will go exactly opposite of what you're trying to say.
We'll see come Sunday. I hope I'm right and you're wrong.

Last edited:

NastyNate

I go kerplunk
You go right ahead and keep telling yourself that negative garbage. For sure, Jacoby Brissett is no Deshaun Watson and he doesn't have the weapons that Deshaun has outside of TY Hilton either.
And how do you think the Chiefs are going to do so well without their 2 wide receivers, a hobbled Mahomes, a bad offensive line trying to keep out Mercilus and Watt, and no running game?
Don't forget that the Chiefs defense is one of worst in the league and can not stop the run.
It just doesn't spell that kind of game you're trying to sell here at all.
As a matter of fact, if you look at the facts, is more then likely the game will go exactly opposite of what you're trying to say.
We'll see come Sunday. I hope I'm right and you're wrong.
Andy Reid has never lost back to back home games. They still have a very talented Travis Kelce. You're riding high after thumping a historically bad defense. I get it. You seem to forget that Obrien has a knack for losing to winning teams.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Andy Reid has never lost back to back home games. They still have a very talented Travis Kelce. You're riding high after thumping a historically bad defense. I get it. You seem to forget that Obrien has a knack for losing to winning teams.
I didn't say it was going to be easy. That Andy Reid hasn't lost back to back games anywhere, doesn't matter if his team is physically injured to the point that he could very well lose his first set of back to back games at home. There is, after all, a first time for everything. I believe the Texans defense will slow a hobbled Chiefs offense just enough to allow a fully healthy and even more dangerous Texans offense, oh, by the way, that has a pretty good running game as well, to get the win in a shoot out in spite of O'Brien. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
What is the over under on HB getting burnt while he tries to make a play to show us up? I have to think they know his tendency to ad lib or make a play and try to scheme one for HB. He was one of the few on D that played well for them last week, but previously I had not seen much from him. I say we beat him deep at least once because he steps forward to make a big play or jump a route

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Well, with Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins and Eric Fisher out, the Chiefs are extremely vulnerable. Mahomes has a sprained ankle and will have his starting left tackle on the bench.
They were still able to get wide open receivers against the Colts. I'll be gleefully surprised if our coverage can keep KC's third & fourth WRs & Kelce in check.

I mean 6 games in our secondary should be ready. But KC is very good at making you look at the left hand & smacking the crap out of you with the right.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What is the over under on HB getting burnt while he tries to make a play to show us up? I have to think they know his tendency to ad lib or make a play and try to scheme one for HB. He was one of the few on D that played well for them last week, but previously I had not seen much from him. I say we beat him deep at least once because he steps forward to make a big play or jump a route
Totally off topic here, but your post (which is totally on topic) reminds me of a route Edleman ran Thursday night. He was bracketed by the safety inside & under with the corner outside on top. He took off from the LOS like he was going to run a curl. The Giants were playing it like he was going to run a curl. 8 yards downfield he slows & fakes like he's going to curl. The safety turns to look for the ball, the corner gets out of his back pedal & starts running towards Edleman, then Edleman doesn't curl, but takes off towards the end zone.

Big touchdown pass for the Patriots. Very simple route, brilliant execution. I bet the Patriots set that up over the course of the game (this was in the 4th when they blew out the Giants).

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Totally off topic here, but your post (which is totally on topic) reminds me of a route Edleman ran Thursday night. He was bracketed by the safety inside & under with the corner outside on top. He took off from the LOS like he was going to run a curl. The Giants were playing it like he was going to run a curl. 8 yards downfield he slows & fakes like he's going to curl. The safety turns to look for the ball, the corner gets out of his back pedal & starts running towards Edleman, then Edleman doesn't curl, but takes off towards the end zone.

Big touchdown pass for the Patriots. Very simple route, brilliant execution. I bet the Patriots set that up over the course of the game (this was in the 4th when they blew out the Giants).
Classic Patriots

Mangler

Toro de España
While I don’t think Mahomes is as seriously injured as most seem to think, I think we score enough points to keep this close. The winner of this, as most have already stated, will come down to which offense has the ball in the final minute.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Likely crossen, Gaines or Crawford will play and they are likely worse
I think Colvin is more athletically gifted then the guys you mention - but he was a huge factor in our loss to new Orleans. He was responsible for giving up at least 2 TDs and perhaps more.

I'm not sure why he dropped off so badly from his time with the jags. Was it lingering injury, fundamentals that got sloppy, or he was undisciplined and not scheme sound? Perhaps a combination?

Brees can make a lot of secondarys look bad ,but this wasn't a 1 game problem. Colvin was never good for us. I was actually excited about him when we signed him. I was wrong.

His roster spot and the message sent to the team by cutting him was more valuable than his performance on the field.

Bye felicia.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I think Colvin is more athletically gifted then the guys you mention - but he was a huge factor in our loss to new Orleans. He was responsible for giving up at least 2 TDs and perhaps more.

I'm not sure why he dropped off so badly from his time with the jags. Was it lingering injury, fundamentals that got sloppy, or he was undisciplined and not scheme sound? Perhaps a combination?

Brees can make a lot of secondarys look bad ,but this wasn't a 1 game problem. Colvin was never good for us. I was actually excited about him when we signed him. I was wrong.

His roster spot and the message sent to the team by cutting him was more valuable than his performance on the field.

Bye felicia.
Yes he sucks. But one thing we've learned is O'Brien has the ability to find and play someone even worse.

Crossen was a rookie for the pats last year, got like a 46 pff grade, QBs had a 118 rating against him and then they trade him to the Texans for a low pick near the end of training camp.

Gaines was cut by the bills after 7 games last year then realesed on an injury settlement by the browns in September

Crawford is a 6th round rookie from this year.

I don't think "sending a message" by cutting players is worth much of anything.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
While I don’t think Mahomes is as seriously injured as most seem to think, I think we score enough points to keep this close. The winner of this, as most have already stated, will come down to which offense has the ball in the final minute.

I didn't watch the KC / Indy game other than the highlights , but it was clear to see that he couldn't plant that foot to throw. Those throws were all arm after the ankle injury.
Wonder how he's responded to treatment ? …

Other than that , year I agree - last team to score wins.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

Bye felicia.
Two TD's and the final play to set up the game winning FG.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't altogether count Mahomes down. Mahomes will still have some of his mobility........at least at the beginning of the game. Depending on how much he is "taxed" is how much his ankle contributes to decreased mobility and poorer play. But in the case of Mahomes, he is also quite a good pocket passer with a canon arm to make up for less mobility when he has too.

As far as what the Chiefs did to the Colts last week, like you said, they repeatedly shot themselves in the foot............the Chiefs, with their newly IRed personnel and their tremendous shuffling because of injuries are not going to be the same team you watched last week. With their emergency changes both on offense and defense, I doubt you can expect the changes to go better for the Chiefs...........in fact, hopefully this Sunday they shoot a couple more toes off. ;)

Mangler

Toro de España
I wouldn't altogether count Mahomes down. Mahomes will still have some of his mobility........at least at the beginning of the game. Depending on how much he is "taxed" is how much his ankle contributes to decreased mobility and poorer play. But in the case of Mahomes, he is also quite a good pocket passer with a canon arm to make up for less mobility when he has too.

As far as what the Chiefs did to the Colts last week, like you said, they repeatedly shot themselves in the foot............the Chiefs, with their newly IRed personnel and their tremendous shuffling because of injuries are not going to be the same team you watched last week. With their emergency changes both on offense and defense, I doubt you can expect the changes to go better for the Chiefs...........in fact, hopefully this Sunday they shoot a couple more toes off. ;)
From your fingers to the football gods’ ears! We can sure use this win.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk

Oh I wasn't discrediting Mahomes. He had a pretty average game for a QB which is fairly bad for his standards. I do not expect him to repeat that performance, Mahomes is a unique talent that few could replicate. He'll bounce back.

badboy

Hall of Fame
1130 and to bed soon; my two cent thoughts before game, if offensive line continues with Watson doing his thing our offense should be better than KC. On defense my concern is Joseph even if he plays he will probably be less than 75%. With 2 starters for Kansas City's oline out I expect RAC to create havoc especially forcing Mahomes to move on that gimpy leg.

KC appears not to be able to stop running game so I expect to see Hyde and Watson go berserk. If iirc the Colts use draw play very successfully. Hint hint!

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Pretty sure last week was a combination of being so embarrassed about how terrible we were the week before that that they HAD to make changes + playing Atlanta.

The Chiefs don't have an amazing defense or anything, but I get the sense they will violate us on offense and we'll slip back to the same bullshit as usual because "the heat is back off."

Hope not, but I think it ends up being 34-10 or thereabouts.

theCATALYST

Football Messiah
My 2 cents:

The Texans can easily go toe to toe with a fully healthy Chiefs roster. These injuries only tip the odds in our favor. The success of this game fully rides on our teams ability to play two good games in a row and end the hellish roller coaster ride.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Ok......AFN is finally televising a Texans game that won't be too late. I'll be getting the game at 1900 Houston time. Look forward to watching the game with you guys and being able to react in game versus after the fact.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I know that Mahomes will undoubtedly anger me today.

I know OB will probably anger me even more than Mahomes for a variety of different reasons.

I know there will be time outs saved... and time outs wasted.

That said......

GO TEXANS!!!
:texflag:

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
6 more hours to game time!
This is a big one.
Can the Texans get over the hump and actually play an elite team well and possibly even beat them?
There is a distinct possibility that they actually can. We shall see soon enough.
Go Texans!
Git'r Done!

417Texans

Waterboy
On Sunday, October 13th at 12:00 PM CST, the Texans will be in Kansas City at Arrow Head Stadium to take on the Kansas City Chiefs. The game will be aired locally in Houston on TV on CBS 11 and on radio on Sports Radio 610 AM.

Against a bad Falcons team, Watson and the offense finally woke up and showed the fireworks that the Texans offense could be all about. The Chiefs defense isn't much better so we could see some serious fireworks in this game.
2 gun slingers shooting it out in Kansas City. This is the one everyone wants to see. Watson against Mahomes. Fire power against fire power. This is going to be fun.

Here are the 2 teams.

Your Houston Texans
Offense:
WR DeAndre Hopkins
LT Laremy Tunsil, Roderick Johnson
LG Max Scharping
C Nick Martin, Greg Mancz
RG Zach Fulton
RT Tytus Howard, Seantrel Henderson
TE Darren Fells, Jordan Akins, Logan Paulsen
WR Keke Coutee, DeAndre Carter
WR Will Fuller V, Kenny Stills
QB Deshaun Watson, AJ McCarron, Alex McGough
RB Duke Johnson, Carlos Hyde, Taiwan Jones, Buddy Howell, Cullen Gillaspia

Defense:
DE J.J. Watt, Carlos Watkins
NT D.J. Reader, Brandon Dunn
DE Angelo Blackson, Charles Omenihu
OLB Whitney Mercilus, Barkevious Mingo
ILB Benardrick McKinney, Peter Kalambayi, Tyrell Adams
ILB Zach Cunningham, Dylan Cole
OLB Brennan Scarlett, Jacob Martin
CB Johnathan Joseph, Lonnie Johnson Jr., Phillip Gaines
CB Bradley Roby, Keion Crossen, Xavier Crawford
S Tashaun Gipson Sr., Jahleel Addae, Mike Adams
S Justin Reid, A.J. Moore Jr.

Special Teams:
K Ka'imi Fairbairn
P Bryan Anger
LS Jon Weeks
KR DeAndre Carter, Taiwan Jones
PR DeAndre Carter, Keke Coutee
H Bryan Anger

The Kansas City Chiefs
Offense:
WR Tyreek Hill, Demarcus Robinson, Byron Pringle
LT Eric Fisher, Cam Erving, Greg Senat
LG Andrew Wylie, Stefen Wisniewski
C Austin Reiter, Nick Allegretti
RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Stefen Wisniewski
RT Mitchell Schwartz, Martinas Rankin
TE Travis Kelce, Blake Bell, Deon Yelder
WR Sammy Watkins, Mecole Hardman, De'Anthony Thomas
QB Patrick Mahomes, Matt Moore
RB Damien Williams, LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson, Darrel Williams
FB Anthony Sherman

Defense:
LDE Alex Okafor, Emmanuel Ogbah
LDT Chris Jones, Khalen Saunders
RDT Derrick Nnadi
RDE Frank Clark, Tanoh Kpassagnon
LB Anthony Hitchens, Ben Niemann, Reggie Ragland
LB Damien Wilson, Darron Lee, Dorian O'Daniel
LCB Charvarius Ward, Rashad Fenton, Morris Claiborne
RCB Bashaud Breeland, Rashad Fenton
CB Kendall Fuller, Rashad Fenton
FS Juan Thornhill, Daniel Sorensen
SS Tyrann Mathieu, Jordan Lucas, Armani Watts

Special Teams:
P Dustin Colquitt
K Harrison Butker, Dustin Colquitt
H Dustin Colquitt
LS James Winchester
PR Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman
KR De'Anthony Thomas, Tyreek Hill

Ok. Watson and his crew against Mahomes and his crew. How do the Texans come out of Kansas City with a win?
The only way is ball control. The Texans have got to expose the weakness that the Chiefs defense has. The run and underneath routes. With the Texans newly found ability to run the ball, it could open up a whole new level of play for the Texans offense. Getting the ball to the backs out of the back field and to the tight ends underneath could help as well. Play action could really develop as a result of running and getting the ball underneath. Duke, Carlos, Fells and Akins pose a threat and that could open up DeAndre, Will, Keke and Kenny and give Watson the power of play action to get the ball out deep.
Just use the clock with long methodical drives that end in scores.
JJ and Whitney have got to get to Mahomes. That's easier said then done. Just throw him off his game, especially since he might be without Tyreek and Sammy. The Colts were able to do it last week and the Texans have got to follow suit in order to have a chance to win. The question is, will the Texans defense be able to keep Mahomes and the rest of his weapons bottled up enough for the Texans to come home from Kansas City with a victory?
Is it possible for the Texans to win this? I really do think so. After a shocking loss to the Colts, The Texans defense will have a blueprint on how to slow down a hobbled Mahomes and he and his Chiefs will once again be defeated at home.
I fully expect this to be a high scoring shoot out between Watson and Mahomes that will be exciting and allot of fun to watch. Watson will come out on top.

Texans 35
Chiefs 28

Rock & Roll Texans!

As a Texan fan in Missouri excited for this game. Let's go