Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 4...Prove It...Carolina Panthers!

Texansballer74

The Marine
Brain Hoyer: 2606 yards 16 Touchdowns 7 interception 91.4 QBR.

Ryan Fitzpatrick: 2483 yards 17 touchdowns 8 interceptions 95.3 QBR

Deshaun Watson: 4165 yards, 26 touchdowns 9 interceptions 103 QBR

But Hoyer and Fitzpatrick ran the Bill O'Brien system better.

This forum is hilarious. Bwhahaha

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How was it ran properly with them. Please post some screenshots of those particular plays.

The offense was hot and cold just like it is now.

Throwing stuff on the wall aren't we. Lol
Any team making the playoffs with Hoyer as their QB means the HC has done a heck of a job. The EP system is the system Hoyer ran in Foxboro and the one he ran here. Were the the exact same offenses nope, but they were very similar.

BTW, what other team did Hoyer lead to the playoffs as a starting QB? I'm waiting anxiously for this answer.

Earl34

Hall of Fame

Watson isn't perfect. He's far from a finished product. He had a bad game and will continue to have bad games. But, for SteelB to claim Hoyer and Fitzpatrick ran this system because they were smart and Watson can't run it because he's stupid is a thinly veiled, unnecessary smear against the kid.

You are right. It's freaking hilarious. Especially when you consider the absolutely mind-numbing turnovers that has led Fitzpatrick to be on EIGHT different teams.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller

No, just a poster or 2.

Ignore is a fabulous feature.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Any team making the playoffs with Hoyer as their QB means the HC has done a heck of a job. The EP system is the system Hoyer ran in Foxboro and the one he ran here. Were the the exact same offenses nope, but they were very similar.

BTW, what other team did Hoyer lead to the playoffs as a starting QB? I'm waiting anxiously for this answer.

BTW that's against the weakest division in the NFL at that time.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Hoyer was doing good in Cleveland before the season ending injury.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

My memory is a little wonky. But did Hoyer win many games that year?

I thought Mallett or Yates or someone else won & BO'b decided to start Hoyer anyway.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My memory is a little wonky. But did Hoyer win many games that year?

I thought Mallett or Yates or someone else won & BO'b decided to start Hoyer anyway.
I think Mallett went 1-1 before tearing his pec muscle.

I could be wrong.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Re-watching the game... what's interesting is the first half of the game, they actually were moving the ball well. Watson was doing a good job of getting rid of the ball quickly and taking a lot of short stuff.

The first drive they got into Carolina territory, but then halted because Hyde lost two, then Watson got sacked because Mancz got thrown to the side. 3rd&19 is tough to pickup.

The 2nd drive they got into field goal range. They actually should have picked up the 1st down because Fuller should have gotten a PI call on 3rd down. But we end up with a Kaimi missed FG.

The 3rd drive they got to the red zone. Tunsil made a dumb penalty on 3rd&5, so settled for a FG.

The 4th drive they got to the red zone again, but then the infamous Nuk int.

The 5th drive was the infamous Fuller overthrow.

We only scored 3pts in the first half, but as you can see, we were our worst enemy (in one case, screwed by refs). There was a lot of points they left on the field that first half.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Re-watching the game... what's interesting is the first half of the game, they actually were moving the ball well. Watson was doing a good job of getting rid of the ball quickly and taking a lot of short stuff.

The first drive they got into Carolina territory, but then halted because Hyde lost two, then Watson got sacked because Mancz got thrown to the side. 3rd&19 is tough to pickup.

The 2nd drive they got into field goal range. They actually should have picked up the 1st down because Fuller should have gotten a PI call on 3rd down. But we end up with a Kaimi missed FG.

The 3rd drive they got to the red zone. Tunsil made a dumb penalty on 3rd&5, so settled for a FG.

We only scored 3pts in the first half, but as you can see, we were our worst enemy (in one case, screwed by refs). There was a lot of points they left on the field that first half.

That is their story.

KarlK

Waterboy

No, what’s hilarious is that apparently OBriens offense is good enough to where Watson has established himself as a top 5 QB in the NFL according to most on here, yet on the other side of the token, it’s completely flawed and responsible for anything and everything Watson ever does wrong.

KarlK

Waterboy

Yeah, because Carolina didn’t leave any points on the field.

Hou could’ve easily lost by double digits.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Yeah, because Carolina didn’t leave any points on the field.

Hou could’ve easily lost by double digits.
Huh? I don't see how that response had anything to do with my post? Did I say anything about Carolina or that the Texans should have won? No I did not.

Simply stating the Texans were their worst enemy in that first half.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Here is a video with Watson mic'd up during the Panther game. A couple of observations. Watching Watson's interaction with his WRs, anyone who claim Watson is too stupid to run O'Brien's offense is too stupid to know what they are talking about. Second. What is up with the snap count they are using? "Down, Go"

https://sports.yahoo.com/micd-houston-texans-quarterback-deshaun-000000240.html
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-micd-up/0ap3000001061453/Mic-d-Up-Deshaun-Watson-scores-his-3rd-rush-TD-of-the-season-Week-4

Here’s another link. For some reason the yahoo one wasn’t working. Hearing Watson speak to the wrs and TEs, it seemed they all had different playbooks.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-micd-up/0ap3000001061453/Mic-d-Up-Deshaun-Watson-scores-his-3rd-rush-TD-of-the-season-Week-4

Here’s another link. For some reason the yahoo one wasn’t working. Hearing Watson speak to the wrs and TEs, it seemed they all had different playbooks.
1st play- two receivers run to the same spot

2nd play- sack

Mic- Deshaun tells receivers how to run their routes so they don't end up on top of each other

I love his coaching but shouldn't this have been taken care of by the actual coaches in training camp?

Earl34

Hall of Fame
1st play- two receivers run to the same spot

2nd play- sack

Mic- Deshaun tells receivers how to run their routes so they don't end up on top of each other

I love his coaching but shouldn't this have been taken care of by the actual coaches in training camp?
Also, shouldn't the QB coach, WR coach or OC be chewing them out as they come off the field or have a tablet in their hand and demonstrating how they are screwing up the routes and the timing of the plays? Even with Akins, Watson is telling him to play faster. Get out of his breaks quicker. Another reason why the ball is not coming out on time.

This lack of coaching might explain the lack of in game adjustments and results when the offense is struggling.