Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 3...Afternooner...Los Angeles Chargers!

Great win on the road! There’s a lot that we can still improve on, but here’s what I liked:
1) O-line is improving. It’ll be interesting to see if the is the lineup they stick from now on.
2) JJ had a strong game
3) Really loving the Stills addition!
4) Great game Watson!!

Its J Jo...... they eating his ass alive in whatever side he on....... wasn’t the rookie....... J Jo had him
Most of the game and was getting ate up with the off coverage....... don’t know why that’s dialed up so much

6a00e54f557e1c883401b8d1fda24e970c-580wi
It's gonna be like this all year, Billy Dee.

I will admit that I just knew we were going to blow it.

Three games in a row going down to the last second will do that to anyone. I wasn't all that surprised when they held them though, Rivers ain't no Brees or Brady so either them losing or winning wouldn't have surprised me at that moment. I'm just glad as hell it was a win. Carolina next week ain't no slouch either.

I will admit that I just knew we were going to blow it.

Three games in a row going down to the last second will do that to anyone. I wasn't all that surprised when they held them though, Rivers ain't no Brees or Brady so either them losing or winning wouldn't have surprised me at that moment. I'm just glad as hell it was a win. Carolina next week ain't no slouch either.
I hate Bill O'Brien. But I give him credit for instilling a real toughness into this team. Not only did they continue to play hard, they continued to make plays & win.

I have no doubt if needed, the offense would have done what they needed to do to win.

Good enough isn't good enough anymore.

I hate Bill O'Brien

That game put me to sleep because we were awful and I missed the rest of what made it exciting. Frustrating.

Glad to see we won in spite of the retard at the helm. We could probably win more frequently and have sustained success against good teams without him but hey.

Been wondering about Watson's fumble since it happened. In the highlight vid that Thorn posted, it is right near the front if anyone wants to see it. Would enjoy hearing y'all's comments.

1. Was that supposed to be a running back screen? Because that is seriously not how a RB screen works.

2. Was that a poorly designed play from the coaching staff, or was that player error? On a RB screen, the RB and OL should be upfield from the rushers, the pass should be vertical, not horizontal.

3. Will BOB ever call a RB screen again? If that was a BOB running back screen, it would be the first he ever called that I remember, and considering what a cluster it was, will BOB never use a RB screen again?

4. What was Watson thinking? Was he trying to throw an incompletion at the feet of the RB since the RB was covered up? Did he lose his directional sense and not realize he was throwing a backward pass which is a live ball? Did the ball just slip out of his hands? Why didn't he just hold the ball - perhaps move to his right to escape the rush and then run? - the field was mostly open on that side.

Last edited:
Been wondering about Watson's fumble since it happened. In the highlight vid that Thorn posted, it is right near the front if anyone wants to see it. Would enjoy hearing y'all's comments.

1. Was that supposed to be a running back screen? Because that is seriously not how a RB screen works.

2. Was that a poorly designed play from the coaching staff, or was that player error? On a RB screen, the RB and OL should be upfield from the rushers, the pass should be vertical, not horizontal.

3. Will BOB ever call a RB screen again? If that was a BOB running back screen, it would be the first he ever called that I remember, and considering what a cluster it was, will BOB never use a RB screen again?

4. What was Watson thinking? Was he trying to throw an incompletion at the feet of the RB since the RB was covered up? Did he lose his directional sense and not realize he was throwing a backward pass which is a live ball? Did the ball just slip out of his hands? Why didn't he just hold the ball - perhaps move to his right to escape the rush and then run? - the field was mostly open on that side.
Whatever the reason was, thank goodness we won and lets hope there is no repeat of that play or any play like it.

Mahomes 374 and 3 tds
Looks like #1 to me.

Lol couldnt resist

I'm taking Watson over Mahomes.

Mahomes' life has been a gift since day-one. When he became a pro he was gifted Andy Reid and a great offensive line.

For Watson, I'm banking on his strong intestinal fortitude that is only formed through hard times.

Of course we'll never know; it's pure speculation, but put Watson in KC and he does just as good, or better.

Put Mahomes in Houston and I bet he lights it up, sure, but not as good as Watson. In fact, he may even crumble.

Give me the man who knows sorry and has come out the other side, and I'll show you the man who'll have your back in a combat situation.

Yes , it was "supposed to be a RB screen" but one of the DB's read the play and blew it up.

Watson thought he was throwing it away …. and threw it backwards.

No , just a well read play by the defender (#20) that caused Watson to double clutch … and he compounded that by throwing it away - backwards.

Who knows …. it was just a great read by the defender #20 for the Chargers. He was all over Duke Johnson - Watson couldn't make that throw.

I think he just lost his bearings , thinking he was throwing the ball away .
Throwing it away was the right play …. he just didn't seem to realize he was throwing it backwards.

Go back and watch the replay and focus on Duke Johnson and the proximity of the defender , he's literally in Johnson's jersey …. that'll explain why he was throwing it away.

Trouble is I don't think the Hags would go for it. Not only do they seem dead set on getting their price, which reports say is 2 1sts, but we're a division rival so they really don't want him playing for us.
The owner has said they are not trading him now. Never know what to believe, but we don't have draft capital and in the division. Think if I was the owner I would sack the coach.

After seeing the Vegas odds I assumed it would be a great game and I was not dissapointed! Not sure how anyone can say the game was boring or put them to sleep. Two playoff teams going at it early in the year and the good guys prevailed. First thing for me was the evolution of the offensive line to the point it was yesterday, and hoping that the configuration is here to stay. Howard needs to be a tackle. He does not have upper body strength to gladiator fight on the interior. He gets pushed around and gives up too much space, but played great at RT. Sharping on the other hand is strong as a half drunk mule. Putting him next to Tunsil is genius, and should have been embraced earlier. Fulton struggled with flags, and had a subpar game, but not enough to severely handicap the flow. Nice to see Martin playing better. Tunsil continues to be a steadying force. Needs to also keep getting better.

Watson is still a young QB, and is committing young QB mistakes, but what he has in terms of magical skill is something to behold. Not since Moon have I seen such lasers being tossed around by a Houston QB, and best thing is this kid has a little Randall Cunningham in him too. Still taking too many hits. He's going to be sore as hell today. Need to continue to be mindful of his body and how to keep it at as close to 100% as possible. Good to see him analyze the field and use the extra time the OL is giving him to go through progressions. The more the OL and Watson can vibe the better QB he will become.

Run game was kept in check. Need to watch the replay of the game to see what can be garnered from that and how to minimize the impact LAC had in that element so that other teams cant replicate what they did. LAC has a freaky front 7 so that would explain alot, but need to find a way to exploit a hyper defense.

Ok so if we can cut Daniel, we can surely cut FAirbairn right? He's getting those kicker jitters, and its making me uncomfortable. That last missed PAT was brutal.

Defense - yeesh. Well Triple B defense was definitely in effect. Watt was able to take advantage of an OL in disarray, and LAC was forced to employ more doubles and overall attention to JJ, but he was able to outclass the LAC RT. Mercilus as well was having his way in terms of penetration and disruption. Good confidence builders moving forward, the LBs need to step it up. JJO is leading the team in tackles as our aging CB and thats not a good thing. McKinney needs to get back to Pro Bowl form. Cunningham has been good, but he needs consistency.

DBs are a mess. Roby had a bad day. JJO had a bad day. Reid was all kinds of beat up. Gipson had a decent game. Lonnie had a rookie game. But in the end they were able to make one more play than LAC, and thats all that counts. This year will have to be an 'outscore the opponent' type of the year, and thankfully it seems the offense is up to the task.

Bill OBrien had a quiet day, which is good. REal good. I loved to see the stacked WR formations, it lead to a ton of yards and 'hot' routes. WE IMPLEMENTED THE TIGHT ENDS!! HALELUJAH BROTHERS! What a welcome change, some of that is Watson, but some of that is actually scheming these guys into the gameplan. Interesting storyline for me was the halftime adjustment curse that OBrien has lived with for the most part. Yesterday the team went into halftime trailing by 10 and thats usually a death sentence for OBrien teams. It was awesome to see them bounce back and inflict their will on the Chargers the 2nd half.

Back