Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 16...This is It...Tennessee Titans!!!

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It will be a doozy for the Titans to knock us out in the championship game, but then you would just get the guys happy that the team made it that far. Its all about attitude and thats why this team will always be a pushover with Bill OBrien at the helm regardless of the talent level.
By jove, I think you're right. From now on I'm going to wish really, really hard that we win every game. That way the Texans won't be soft marshmallows any more.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
No it does not happen all the time but Derrick Henry came into this game #2 on the rush list and I doubt the other teams let him have such a great season. We just were not up to the task today.

You did not answer my question? What on earth would we have to gain by letting our division opponent win the rushing title?
What would we gain. Nothing. Letting a guy go for 200+ and 3tds. Makes our top notch run D look fake. Texans knew what was up. Watched it happen...

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
What would we gain. Nothing. Letting a guy go for 200+ and 3tds. Makes our top notch run D look fake. Texans knew what was up. Watched it happen...
Our top notch run D is fake.

They're giving up 155 rushing yards per game since the bye week. That's without what Henry did with the backups on the field. For perspective, the worst in the NFL this season was 148.9 by the Bengals.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Our top notch run D is fake.

They're giving up 155 rushing yards per game since the bye week. That's without what Henry did with the backups on the field. For perspective, the worst in the NFL this season was 148.9 by the Bengals.
Did you see the stat they showed during the Titans game? Something like after Watt went down, we're now giving up 60 more rushing yards per game.

Last edited:

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Did you see the stat they showed during the Titans game? Something like after Watt went down, we're now giving up 60 rushing yards per game.
If that was the stat they showed then that was truly fake news. Watt has been out since before the bye. And like I stated, 155 per game since. And that doesn't include this last Titans game.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
10 times this year
So, you believe those were 10 well prepared, well played and well coached games?

Some times teams are better than their record, the reverse is also true at times.

If you believe that the Texans were well prepared for a win in all 10 of those games... okay. I believe the Texans under OB have an ability to stumble into a win more often than they are prepared for the win.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So, you believe those were 10 well prepared, well played and well coached games?

Some times teams are better than their record, the reverse is also true at times.

If you believe that the Texans were well prepared for a win in all 10 of those games... okay. I believe the Texans under OB have an ability to stumble into a win more often than they are prepared for the win.
Please explain how an unprepared team with such low DVOA rankings on both sides of the ball (I dont believe in DVOA) can win 10 games, against that schedule (Could've easily been 11 if they had played the starters against the Tacks) with poor coaching?

They aren't poorly coached, they're young at important positions and young gys make mistakes. Dont take this as me being a BOB guy because I dont think he's going to win a SB in Houston.

Last edited:

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Please explain how an unprepared team with such low DVOA rankings on both sides of the ball (I dont believe in DVOA) can win 10 games, against that schedule (Could've easily been 11 if they had played the starters against the Tacks) with poor coaching?

They aren't poorly coached, they're young at important positions and young gys make mistakes. Dont take this as me being a BOB guy because I dont think he's going to win a SB in Houston.
Where do you count running 13 times for minimal yardage on 15 first downs against the #1 run defense in the league?

That's poor coaching.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
If you don't believe in it, why bring it up?

Explain how a well prepared/coached team almost drops a game to the Biohazard Patriots in the last 2 mins. Brady is a shell of himself... so YES he is still Brady, but a well coached team knows you dont take your foot off the throat of the Patriots...EVER.

Explain how a well coached team comes out so highly unprepared against the Ravens.

Explain how a team that got completely destroyed by the Colts last season won 9 in a row.

Miami beat the Patriots, are we to believe that the better team ALWAYS wins?

OB has a horseshoe in his backside and its the NFL.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If you don't believe in it, why bring it up?

Explain how a well prepared/coached team almost drops a game to the Biohazard Patriots in the last 2 mins. Brady is a shell of himself... so YES he is still Brady, but a well coached team knows you dont take your foot off the throat of the Patriots...EVER.

Explain how a well coached team comes out so highly unprepared against the Ravens.

Explain how a team that got completely destroyed by the Colts last season won 9 in a row.

Miami beat the Patriots, are we to believe that the better team ALWAYS wins?

OB has a horseshoe in his backside and its the NFL.
I can explain some of this to you, but I'm about to go out for New years Eve.

In short BOB plays the odds. You can win regular games and even playoff games but not championships. BOB needs to change as much as DW4.

BOB doesn't fully trust DW4.