Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 16...This is It...Tennessee Titans!!!

lol Im a fool cuz i expect Texans to win any game they play.
With most of our key players out and Tennessee playing for their playoff lives it was unlikely we would win today. I saw some good things to take away from this game with backups playing and going against all the Titans healthy starters.

We had secured a playoff spot and Tennessee had not and for them this game took on a lot more importance. Our secondary has looked suspect quite a bit so I hope they do well next week. Hopefully with JJ Watt playing and staying healthy we can limit how long our secondary has to cover the Bills receivers. Also I hope our team can do much better against the run than they did today. With all the healthy starters I expect they will do better.

With most of our key players out and Tennessee playing for their playoff lives it was unlikely we would win today. I saw some good things to take away from this game with backups playing and going against all the Titans healthy starters.

We had secured a playoff spot and Tennessee had not and for them this game took on a lot more importance. Our secondary has looked suspect quite a bit so I hope they do well next week. Hopefully with JJ Watt playing and staying healthy we can limit how long our secondary has to cover the Bills receivers. Also I hope our team can do much better against the run than they did today. With all the healthy starters I expect they will do better.
Right on ikr good one

Buffalo scares me !
Any team in the NFL playoffs scares me. The teams that are in the playoffs were good enough to get there and it comes down to our mindset and putting in the hard work to advance. Given that, our playoff history does not leave me feeling positive about wining. Hopefully this is the year we show up and at least win our first game of the playoffs.

Meh, keeping the ball on the ground is the smart thing to do to close out the game. Especially since they were gutting us all afternoon.

But Henry has had hammy problems. Playing with fire there. How extremely dumb would they have looked if he re-aggrevated it.

Reactions: ROO
Oh well, rest of the night I shall be amused by the Titans forum fans saying things I have seen such as "We are the best, no one can stop us!" While mocking the Texans of course.

I know I will be shocked if we do anything more than one and done...I didnt see the game... but... Id assume that even a Tennbred could see that resting our starters today was of far more importance than a win today.

I mean, yeah your team made it... congrats. Id be happy IF I had hope for my team and they just sealed a spot... but... dont lose a complete grip of reality.

Oh... no I mean by all means... do.. its far more entertaining that way.

We have beaten every team currently in the AFC playoff tournament this year except Baltimore and Buffalo (the only team out of the bunch we haven't played this season). So I know we have a shot to make some noise. We just actually have to do it.

Buffalo scares me !

After losing to the Pats they don’t me as much. They seem to be a very hot and cold team. Now you can say the Pats aren’t bringing their best weapons but yeah they are because they were fighting to keep the 2nd seed. If the Texans don’t beat themselves we’ll be alright.

Until we play the Ravens :cool:

No, they let him.
What on earth would our team have to gain by letting our division opponents RB win the rushing title? Do you think we wanted to lift our opponent up heading into the playoffs? Our team tried to win and stop the Titans running game with a lot of key players missing. I don't think they expected to win but they tried their best to win anyway. The Titans are similar to us and they for sure deserve to be in the playoffs.

Not going off "just this game". Now that he has a QB he's been balling every game.
I'll leave my breaks off!
Kid is a stud

@Sunshine

Tell me, are you thankful we didn't start all our starters, or are you feeling like you'd have beat us regardless?

Last edited:
If we lose and lose handily I fear we will be like the Cincinnati Bengals and all those seasons of playoff failures. BO'b will be like Marv Lewis where he does not get fired till our team is in rebuild mode.

What on earth would our team have to gain by letting our division opponents RB win the rushing title? Do you think we wanted to lift our opponent up heading into the playoffs? Our team tried to win and stop the Titans running game with a lot of key players missing. I don't think they expected to win but they tried their best to win anyway. The Titans are similar to us and they for sure deserve to be in the playoffs.
200+ yds rushing lol
And 3tds

Yeah that happens all the time

200+ yds rushing lol
And 3tds

Yeah that happens all the time
No it does not happen all the time but Derrick Henry came into this game #2 on the rush list and I doubt the other teams let him have such a great season. We just were not up to the task today.

You did not answer my question? What on earth would we have to gain by letting our division opponent win the rushing title?

I wouldnt say we "let him".... get the rushing title.... I would say we had more important things to focus on than preventing it.

The man got it cause he deserved it so the Texans ultimately "let him" do nothing.

All the Texans did was not cut off their nose to spite their face and a man that earned it for 15 games... got a payoff from that effort in the 16th.

Back