Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game 16...This is It...Tennessee Titans!!!

it is what it is now. Most of you guys are happy they will rest and I’ll just hope they show some life next week. Lord knows how fast this team comes out usually ........ :kitten:

Chargers came to play BTW Would love to see the upset and see what OBrien does.

The Texans better win the WC game. Or else next week this board will be flooded with “I told you” threads concerning resting some starters today and losing the WC.

Rest or no rest, if the Texans lose next week it won’t be because of being rusty.
Keep in mind that with no practice on Christmas and no contact practices (essentially walk-throughs) the entire week.............and the same to be anticipated in next week's practices, the core players will have technically had 2 weeks of "rest" by the time they play their next game..........hopefully not enough to forget how to play.

Well boys. I won't be watching the game till after it's over (Game Rewind).
Sounds like BoB is doing the smart thing and trying to get some players healed up for the playoff push.
Still have "Titan PTSD" and won't feel good about it until we're "in".

Here's to a good game with no injuries and 2 AFCS teams in the playoffs!

The thing about the Texans is the “any given Sunday” applies in that on any given game day they can come out completely flat. It doesn’t matter who the opponent is, how much (or little) rest the starters have had, or the stakes at hand. The planet could be at stake and they can sleepwalk right out of the tunnel like a bunch of lazy zombies.

Hee hee I cant wait to go full blown psycho when this team shts the bed again in the playoff game so these poor, tired millionaires can get a day off to lick their wounds. This team is soft just like the coach.

Big homie here we go again. Smh. Oh well we already knew he would pull this stunt. Offense looked like pure donkey crap the last few weeks or so. And we're resting our starters.

I don’t think it matters. The offense has been up and down the whole season. I’m actually interested in what AJ can do.

Understood, but why give your division rival a chance to make the playoffs. Why not play your starters for at least the first half. I believe momentum is very important going into the playoffs.

Both the Patriots and Chiefs are playing their main guys. The Patriots are trying to get Brady and that offense going. They're not looking good right now but they're trying.

Understood, but why give your division rival a chance to make the playoffs. Why not play your starters for at least the first half. I believe momentum is very important going into the playoffs.

Both the Patriots and Chiefs are playing their main guys. The Patriots are trying to get Brady and that offense going. They're not looking good right now but they're trying.
Patriots and chiefs are both playing for a bye week

Tend to agree - except for guys who have injuries that can heal up with another week off. Including Watson.
The Oline could do with some more tweaking so they play.

Reactions: ROO
Big homie here we go again. Smh. Oh well we already knew he would pull this stunt. Offense looked like pure donkey crap the last few weeks or so. And we're resting our starters.

What are ya gonna do. I’m watching Brady, Brees, Mahomes all playing. I’m sure they could use some time off. Playing for position and fine tuning. Nobody is getting hurt. It’s football. If you’re scared go to church.

edit: and Aaron Rodgers playing too

What are ya gonna do. I’m watching Brady, Brees, Mahomes all playing. I’m sure they could use some time off. Playing for position and fine tuning. Nobody is getting hurt. It’s football. If you’re scared go to church.

I probably watch the first quarter, then go back to sleep because my shift starts at 6 pm.

Brees, Brady, Mahomes, & Rogers are trying to improve or secure their seeding.

Pats have to win or KC has to lose for NE to keep their 2nd seed (1st week bye). As poorly as they've been playing I'm sure they'd prefer home field divisional round game.

Ain't no Miamies in the playoffs

Brees, Brady, Mahomes, & Rogers are trying to improve or secure their seeding.

Pats have to win or KC has to lose for NE to keep their 2nd seed (1st week bye). As poorly as they've been playing I'm sure they'd prefer home field divisional round game.

Ain't no Miamies in the playoffs

ok. At least the team will be rested. Shouldn’t be any excuses later.

I was joking in that other thread. I hope there isn't anything serious wrong with Watson

They’re all playing for a potential bye week. It’s advancing to the divisional round without playing a game. The Texans are not in that position, unfortunately. They are in a position to get key players healthy for the playoffs. Which is what they’re doing.

I’m not past taking O’Brien’s decisions to task, if I feel it’s warranted. But, he’s doing the right thing by resting his key players today.

Texans having a chance at the second seed:

tenor.gif

They’re all playing for a potential bye week. It’s advancing to the divisional round without playing a game. The Texans are not in that position, unfortunately. They are in a position to get key players healthy for the playoffs. Which is what they’re doing.

I’m not past taking O’Brien’s decisions to task, if I feel it’s warranted. But, he’s doing the right thing by resting his key players today.

Let them all rest. I’m over it. Not what I would do, but it doesn’t matter.

Get them all 100% healthy - it should be evident in the product that comes out on the field that day.

I don’t see us winning this game but I also don’t want to help Tennessee any either.

Bills scouting us doesn’t concern me. No one, staff included, knows our offense. Inconsistency is the only thing we’re consistent at.

I don't disagree at all with O'Brien resting starters since the Chiefs won...they need to make sure they are as healthy as possible.

However, with the Dolphins victory, it's very frustrating to think that if the Texans had simply taken care of business against the Panthers or Broncos, they could be getting ready to play for a bye. Last year, if they had simply beaten the Giants at home, or prevented the Eagles from going 90 yards at the end of the game, they could've had a bye. Two years, two possible byes...nothing to show for it.

Back