Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 15...Keep It Rollin...Philadelphia Eagles!

Yes they will. The Texans will have to bring their "A" game for both. The Texans could easily lose either game, but, they could also win one or both if they focus and every player sticks to his assignment and does his job. We'll see in the next two weeks.

I agree with your post, but if they can't Suck It Up and play when they are this close to a Bye, they don't deserve it. I see them winning both games.

I'm done with theTexans this season..... seriously....

Bah humbug!

(Let me be... it worked at 0-3.....)

I continue to be denying myself football for just such a reason. We're 10-1 when I ignore the Texans and as a side-benefit the highlights I watch the day after are way better knowing they end in a win (except that one time).

I'm prepared to not watch football for as long as it takes. Hell I didn't even know the Texans played on Saturday this past week. The game was over 2 hours before I even knew it happened.

Last edited:
I continue to be denying myself football for just such a reason. We're 10-1 when I ignore the Texans and as a side-benefit the highlights I watch the day after are way better knowing they end in a win (except that one time).

I'm prepared to not watch football for as long as it takes. Hell I didn't even know the Texans played on Saturday this past week. The game was over 2 hours before I even know it happened.
Brother. You don't have to watch the game to enjoy it. Mark Vandermeer is great at calling the games on AM SportsRadio 610. Him, Andre Ware and John Harris make a great team. Most of the time, I turn the sound on my TV off and turn up the radio. There's a slight delay between the 2, but it's easy enough to sync. Since you don't want to watch the games, you wouldn't have to worry about syncing the sound with the video. Just turn your radio on or look for it on your favorite radio app on your phone.

Last edited:
Brother. You don't have to watch the game to enjoy it. Mark Vandermeer is great at calling the games on AM SportsRadio 610. Him, Andre Ware and John Harris make a great team. Most of the time, I turn the sound on my TV of and turn up the radio. There's a slight delay between the 2, but it's easy enough to sync. Since you don't want to watch the games, you wouldn't have to worry about syncing the sound with the video. Just turn your radio on or look for it on your favorite radio app on your phone.

Too risky. ANY game-time activity related to interest in football could be an issue. I'd rather just ignore it and see what happens after it's over.

I'm prepared to not watch football for as long as it takes. Hell I didn't even know the Texans played on Saturday this past week. The game was over 2 hours before I even knew it happened.

Your contributions to this Cinderella season will not be forgotten.

Your contributions to this Cinderella season will not be forgotten.

MVP! MVP! MVP!

Brother. You don't have to watch the game to enjoy it. Mark Vandermeer is great at calling the games on AM SportsRadio 610. Him, Andre Ware and John Harris make a great team. Most of the time, I turn the sound on my TV of and turn up the radio. There's a slight delay between the 2, but it's easy enough to sync. Since you don't want to watch the games, you wouldn't have to worry about syncing the sound with the video. Just turn your radio on or look for it on your favorite radio app on your phone.
Thanx for a clever idea. As for syncking the audio and video, they should be close enough already.

I think it’s time to get Foreman on the field. He’s been activated. Put him in. He can either help or he can’t. Has anyone here ever seen Buddy Howell take a handoff? Me neither.
As an aside, although Howell has not been playing offense, I have to at least give him props for something that has for the most part gone unnoticed...............being one the the biggest standouts on STs...........this past game, 3 ST tackles in 5 KO returns...............Roberts is the leading kickoff return man in the NFL and the week before in 4 returns averaged over 37 yards a return. ................the Texans coverage team, led mostly by Howell limited Roberts to 23.2 yards a kickoff return.

I really wanted the texans to beat the colts so they could have a cushion to lose this game.

I dont see the texans winning this game for some reason. I also dont see the pats losing again this season. Pretty much this game will determine if we will get a bye. I guess a good thing if we lose is maybe the eagles can catch up to the cowboys possibly? lol.

I think its Eagles 24 Texans 14. Hopefully the bills can pull off a miracle and beat the pats.

This game will come down to the schemes used by both OB and Crennel....it'll be that simple.

If OB rolls with his current offensive scheme, it's going to get ugly in a hurry. Now would be a great time to pull the covers off the same offense OB used last season when Watson took over. The Texans will not be able to use the run to set up the pass b/c that would essentially be giving up a play and burying the team with 2nd and longs. I'd have no issue if OB wanted to pass to setup the run.....maybe even 35+ passes to do so.

Crennel will need to bite the bullet and have his Corners get on top of the receivers. These 10 yard buffers are giving up quick strikes and the Eagles have the talent to exploit this strategy. Also, it kills me when the defense lines up with no one in between the OG's, the DL is lined up on the OG's outside shoulder and Watt and Clowney or Merciless are outside the OT or TE. Foles is far to athletic to not take advantage of pulling the ball down and running for 10+ yards.

Do I want the Texans to win? Sure! It would be awesome to see them go 12-4. Does it make me want to go down and bet the house that they'll be playing in the Super Bowl? No, I'm a realist. The team that scares me the most if the AFC......San Diego Chargers. They gelled in every facet at the right time.

On a side note, the Texans are now projected in the #27 spot in RD1.
Could not agree with you more except Colts scare me. Would be nice if they don't make it at all.
We already know Philly can/will go all out to win this game. They will keep pressure on the whole game. If BO'b does his normal conservative approach I don't see us winning. If we get ahead he will allow the Eagles to catch up. He doesn't need to do alot to help the O be more effective. Don't waste first down all the time, move pocket some, get rid of ball quicker, stop calling so many slow developing plays, ....
D will need some turnovers. Huge game. Week off after season will allow players to recover a little. I think we have a decent chance (33%) if we get buy, if not maybe 10%

Do you think BO'b changes?

Hilton is the Texans kryptonite. Jefferies is even more dangerous than him.
Yes, to the bolded.
No way, to the not bolded.
Makes my playoff tickets more expensive
I called the other day and my $86 ticket will be $110 for Wild Card game. No telling how much more it goes up for Divisional Game.

And I don't have a good feeling about this game. Crennell really needs to get pressure on Foles with 4. A big turnover in the Texans favor is what's gonna be needed to win this one. I see a close game.

Last edited:
“Do you think BoB’d change?”
If he keeps the reins on Deshaun, Houston looses. Let him play his game, they can win.

Could not agree with you more except Colts scare me. Would be nice if they don't make it at all.
We already know Philly can/will go all out to win this game. They will keep pressure on the whole game. If BO'b does his normal conservative approach I don't see us winning. If we get ahead he will allow the Eagles to catch up. He doesn't need to do alot to help the O be more effective. Don't waste first down all the time, move pocket some, get rid of ball quicker, stop calling so many slow developing plays, ....
D will need some turnovers. Huge game. Week off after season will allow players to recover a little. I think we have a decent chance (33%) if we get buy, if not maybe 10%

Do you think BO'b changes?

Can he change? Sure, the game winning drive proved he knows how to shorten routes and not rely on the run when he must. He must do something different from an offensive perspective if his desire is to win this game.

Last edited:
Oh we will! I have Faith, BoB will help take this team to beyond a level we haven't seen before.
I truly believe BO'b the HC is doing something beyond my understanding. Something good. Something that will bring us closer to the team we want them to be.

I'm hoping soon we'll see the results in more than just wins. Like a switch is about to be flipped.

“Do you think BoB’d change?”
If he keeps the reins on Deshaun, Houston looses. Let him play his game, they can win.

Everyone keeps saying this but how do you know he isn't letting him play his game? Show of hands who here is there for all the conversations between Watson and BoB? What nobody, its almost like we are just looking on from the sidelines and theory crafting what we think is being said based on our own feelings isn't it. It's not BoBs fault that Watson is holding on to the ball to long and trying to extend plays while missing some of the receivers that are not named Hopkins. Don't get me wrong, I love Waston and think if he can stay healthy he is the future of this team but I can also see the mistakes that he makes.

We the fans know that we have a weak O line that couldn't win a game of red rosy and that Watson holds the ball to long. Well if we know this then don't you think the people paid lots of money by the other 31 teams know this as well? Where I do fault BoB is that he doesn't seem to be factoring those weaknesses in and making changes based on them at least from my point of view, but I don't think it has anything to do with him keeping the reigns on Deshaun or not letting him play his game. Besides, I would doubt any coach is going to tell a rookie QB in his first full season "Son, you just go out there and make whatever call you think is best" or that the rookie would want that unless their ego was way out of control.

Oh and before anyone brings up those first games Watson played as an example that was as much due to the fact other teams had no NFL game footage and had planned for Savage to be our QB. Watson was as far from Savage as Bade Ruth is from my nephew playing T ball so he caught them with their pants down and continued to do so through out the season. Give it an off season to study footage and for them to know he is our starter and now he's still doing good but its not the light'em up it was.

Robby Anderson is a B level TY Hilton. It’s known we have issues with that type of receiver.

I’m most concerned about Tate/Ertz on the Eagles. It will be a good test for the good guys now that they have not yet clinched the division. They should be ready to roll after a tough win where there was no reason for them to get complacent.

However the Eagles have even more issues at CB than the Texans. And I feel like the Texans D will do a better job than the Eagles D. Watt and the boys are the X factor that have led this team to 10-4 despite its warts.
Cox and Bennett must be licking their chops against our line.
They played a great game against a very strong opponent.
The only way Texans beat them is if OB formulates a great game plan and they believe in themselves and stay focused.
No slow start and keep the penalties down.
Win the TOP battle and the turnovers have to favor us.

Last edited:
Man the pressure as a 2 seed I haven't considered.

You don't have to tell me. I had to put on double anti-perspirant this morning.
I truly believe BO'b the HC is doing something beyond my understanding. Something good. Something that will bring us closer to the team we want them to be.

I'm hoping soon we'll see the results in more than just wins. Like a switch is about to be flipped.

I like BOB and have faith in him, but not to your degree of "The Truth is Out There". :)

it crazy we still havent clinched anything titans and colts can still clinch div ..heck colts could get 2nd seed I think LOL

Yes, to the bolded.
No way, to the not bolded.

I called the other day and my $86 ticket will be $110 for Wild Card game. No telling how much more it goes up for Divisional Game.

And I don't have a good feeling about this game. Crennell really needs to get pressure on Foles with 4. A big turnover in the Texans favor is what's gonna be needed to win this one. I see a close game.

I sit in 516 where my tickets are $83.50 face value. It shows Playoff Game 1 as $110.00 a ticket and $177.00 for Playoff Game 2. It doesn't specifically say anything about game 1 being the wildcard game and 2 being divisional. We'll see but I hope this applies if it comes down to it being a divisional and AFC Conference Championship (fingers crossed).

I sit in 516 where my tickets are $83.50 face value. It shows Playoff Game 1 as $110.00 a ticket and $177.00 for Playoff Game 2. It doesn't specifically say anything about game 1 being the wildcard game and 2 being divisional. We'll see but I hope this applies if it comes down to it being a divisional and AFC Conference Championship (fingers crossed).

If there's a playoff game 2, it will be the conference title game no matter what seed (1-4). WC home game 1, DV home game 1, is still the 1st home game for the division winners, so same price regardless. Apparently.

Just checked and AFN Sports (Primary Channel 1) will be televising the Texans and Eagles game at 1900. I also get to enjoy the Cougars Bowl Game against Army on Saturday night at 2130. Good weekend ahead. Let's go Texans!!!

Also, our daughter will be home today for her Winter Break. She had a rough first flight by herself from stateside. She said the turbulence was insane for the entire Atlantic crossing. There was even a couple of women screaming their heads off.....that sort of shook her up. I told her, you should've stood up and led a mob over to the women and took turns slapping the living crap out of them...aka, "Airplane". That at least got a laugh out of her and hopefully calmed her down. She'll be landing in the next 10 minutes or so coming in from Munich.

Last edited:
Just checked and AFN Sports (Primary Channel 1) will be televising the Texans and Eagles game at 1900. I also get to enjoy the Cougars Bowl Game against Army on Saturday night at 2130. Good weekend ahead. Let's go Texans!!!

Also, our daughter will be home today for her Winter Break. She had a rough first flight by herself from stateside. She said the turbulence was insane for the entire Atlantic crossing. There was even a couple of women screaming their heads off.....that sort of shook her up. I told her, you should've stood up and led a mob over to the women and took turns slapping the living crap out of them...aka, "Airplane". That at least got a laugh out of her and hopefully calmed her down. She'll be landing in the next 10 minutes or so coming in from Munich.

i like my coffee like my men

what's the vector, victor?

here's the thing -- a team that gets a first round bye, a team that can win a super bowl, a GOOD team -- they win this game this week and maintain the 2 seed by beating the crappy Jags next week. you don't blow your chance to go straight to round 2. i think this week is going to tell us a lot about how to view this team -- are we Divisional round but definitely not SB good again, or are we finally better than any Matt Schaub team managed to be?

i'm putting the faith in the QB, as he's just found ways to win these kind of games throughout his career.

but i think this may one of the most important regular season games this team has ever had.

In the fantasy championship this weekend. With Cam ruled out, I have to pick up a QB from free agency. 14 team league, so not much to choose from. Tannehill, Eli, Darnold, Allen, Foles are the only viable guys available. Am I crazy to go with Foles? Eagles are playing for their playoff lives, they have good receivers, and we all know this secondary is vulnerable. I hate picking guys against my team, so please tell me if I'm making a dumb move.

To me, this game has shootout potential. 3+ TDs by both teams.

In the fantasy championship this weekend. With Cam ruled out, I have to pick up a QB from free agency. 14 team league, so not much to choose from. Tannehill, Eli, Darnold, Allen, Foles are the only viable guys available. Am I crazy to go with Foles? Eagles are playing for their playoff lives, they have good receivers, and we all know this secondary is vulnerable. I hate picking guys against my team, so please tell me if I'm making a dumb move.

To me, this game has shootout potential. 3+ TDs by both teams.

Foles I suppose wouldn't be a bad gamble, but if it were me since it's a gamble anyways I'm going Allen. Since returning from injury he has posted 26.3,28.7,18.3, and 19.7 points in standard scoring. The Pats struggle against the run, and mobile QBs which is what Allen excels at. I do think he has a higher risk though, but to me it's the championship its go big or go home time anyways

Texans have never beaten the Eagles... but then they've never played them with one of our better teams. Will this year be different?

The Texans have to grow up and man up in this game or they'll be stuck in the same "winning" mediocrity they've never escaped. Expect the Pats to be angry at the criticism and win out. We've got the 2nd seed in our control, time to raise the bar. The players and coaches now have too much experience together to come out flat or semi-interested.

The current state of the Texans does not bode well for them making it very far into the playoffs. I'm happy that they will (probably) win the division again. If New England keeps regressing the Texans could very end up in the AFC championship game. Playing the Chiefs would be tough, but playing the Chargers would be worse.

Even if the Texans do look like dog sh!t half the time, I'm still glad as hell they're a playoff team.

This game will be O'Brien's opportunity to coach himself into every Texans heart. He could build off this type of success versus Jacksonville and then the playoffs. It's up to you Billy to get the players to take the next step with you.

Last edited:
The Eagles are 7-7 this year. They are not the same team that won the SB last year. It is a road game for us and those are hard but we are 5-2 away from NRG while they are 4-3 at home. We are +71 Point Differential while they are a -7. I see a Win on Sunday.

Last edited:
i like my coffee like my men

what's the vector, victor?

here's the thing -- a team that gets a first round bye, a team that can win a super bowl, a GOOD team -- they win this game this week and maintain the 2 seed by beating the crappy Jags next week. you don't blow your chance to go straight to round 2. i think this week is going to tell us a lot about how to view this team -- are we Divisional round but definitely not SB good again, or are we finally better than any Matt Schaub team managed to be?

i'm putting the faith in the QB, as he's just found ways to win these kind of games throughout his career.

but i think this may one of the most important regular season games this team has ever had.
Trouble is, with so many injuries to our WR corp, including Nuk now, OB might just rest them this week and hang his chances on taking the Jags the following week.
No point in beating them up and still losing then having to play Jags with no offense at all.

Trouble is, with so many injuries to our WR corp, including Nuk now, OB might just rest them this week and hang his chances on taking the Jags the following week.
No point in beating them up and still losing then having to play Jags with no offense at all.
Remember, Jags have no offense at all, so DW4 would get us a field goal with his ninja tricks.

Seriously, Philly is a one point favorite, mainly due to their showing against the Rams. I believe they are hungry, but theu have fought very hard the last two weeks just to get to the 7-7 in a long OT, and then physical Rams game. I think some of their stars are running on fumes so we need to try and take this game, let Nuk rest the bye week and maybe from halftime of Jags. It would be nice to see the defense and running game take this one and control the entire game, but I do think their secondary is where we need to attack. My prediction is we pass to get the lead and go full turtle after that making it a sphincter clench all the way

So Ive taken all week to try and dissect the matchup and I honestly cant say I feel that confident. Philadelphia is another rabid, caged animal similar to what INdy was, trying to keep playoff hopes alive. Similar to INdy, Philly has a superb offensive line, one playing with a chip and chock full of elite level talent. Romeo is going to have to get really creative in how he can fluster Foles. This would be a good game to ramp up the blitz %. Im not enthused about our LBs in space on guys like Sproles and Smallwood. They have an elite TE and we cant even stop average TEs. Golden Tate and Jeffrey afford them a shifty guy who can get himself open and a guy who can go up and get it.

Defensively they get after it starting with the DL .. Cox and Bennet are problems and Long is a + player. Jenkins is the best player they have on the backend at safety. They are much better stopping the run than the pass, but they have started to show great improvement in pass defense over the last few games adopting that "ski mask" similar to the dog mask last year. I cant say I like it, but whatever gets them going.

Betting line started out in favor of the Texans, but interestingly it has shifted to favor Philly by 2 points. I think OBrien and Watson need to attack this team with short and intermediate passing to set up the run. Obviously you wont shy away from one of your strengths, but i would expect Philly to be primed to stop the run. Id really like to use DeAndre CArter against them. He played against that system plenty as a practice player there and on top of the high football IQ he shows from the slot I think he can be an X factor for this game and they dont have an answer for Nuk on the outside.

I feel our kicking games are superior to theirs and ultimately that will be what decides this game IMO. Its not a world ender if the Texans lose, but for me it would be really nice for them to approach this as a playoff tuneup against the Champs. Im really hoping to see offensive wrinkles that we havent seen yet, or at least proven plays from games that have. Its a must win game for the Texans too IMO for confidence and playoff seeding.

HOU 26
PHI 24

This game will be O'Brien's opportunity to coach himself into every Texans heart. He could build off this type of success in Jacksonville and then the playoffs. It's up to you Billy to get the players to take the next step with you.

We play J-ville at NRG

So Ive taken all week to try and dissect the matchup and I honestly cant say I feel that confident. Philadelphia is another rabid, caged animal similar to what INdy was, trying to keep playoff hopes alive. Similar to INdy, Philly has a superb offensive line, one playing with a chip and chock full of elite level talent. Romeo is going to have to get really creative in how he can fluster Foles. This would be a good game to ramp up the blitz %. Im not enthused about our LBs in space on guys like Sproles and Smallwood. They have an elite TE and we cant even stop average TEs. Golden Tate and Jeffrey afford them a shifty guy who can get himself open and a guy who can go up and get it.

Defensively they get after it starting with the DL .. Cox and Bennet are problems and Long is a + player. Jenkins is the best player they have on the backend at safety. They are much better stopping the run than the pass, but they have started to show great improvement in pass defense over the last few games adopting that "ski mask" similar to the dog mask last year. I cant say I like it, but whatever gets them going.

Betting line started out in favor of the Texans, but interestingly it has shifted to favor Philly by 2 points. I think OBrien and Watson need to attack this team with short and intermediate passing to set up the run. Obviously you wont shy away from one of your strengths, but i would expect Philly to be primed to stop the run. Id really like to use DeAndre CArter against them. He played against that system plenty as a practice player there and on top of the high football IQ he shows from the slot I think he can be an X factor for this game and they dont have an answer for Nuk on the outside.

I feel our kicking games are superior to theirs and ultimately that will be what decides this game IMO. Its not a world ender if the Texans lose, but for me it would be really nice for them to approach this as a playoff tuneup against the Champs. Im really hoping to see offensive wrinkles that we havent seen yet, or at least proven plays from games that have. Its a must win game for the Texans too IMO for confidence and playoff seeding.

HOU 26
PHI 24

This game really scares me. The last two games, defenses have figured out how to shutdown our running game. That has been a big part of our winning formula this year. I am hoping OB has enough tape on what the defenses have been doing and has come up with some adjustments that will resuscitate our running game. If we can run it, we can win this game. If we can't and we can't sustain drives and control the clock, we are in for a world of hurt.

Back