Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 10...Win The Trenches...Baltimore Ravens!

Hoptimus Prime

Waterboy
We should (pretend that is bolded) win because I believe us to be the better team and should (pretend that is bolded) be in the AFC championship game.

We are evenly matched player wise everywhere except QB. Advantage us.
Eh, their secondary is significantly better tbh. We have the QB advantage and that will need to show for us to win.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
We need to start beating these teams to have hope in the playoffs. Instead of getting our division banner and losing in the first round.
Agreed.

Things need to change. It did start changing with beating KC.
KC was a start, pointing to better days. But they lost the week before to Indy & the Titans last week. It's possible we crossed them at the right time.

Baltimore is at the top of their game, on a five game win streak playing at home. No team is going there favored to win. Saying we "should" win sounds like we're going to the 0-6 Bengals or some other dysfunctional team.

Baltimore is a good team playing good football right now. & yes, that's the kind of team we need to beat on the road if we're the team we want the Texans to be.

Try to follow my logic (I know it's loopy). If this is a should win game, it doesn't really mean much if we win. If we're not supposed to win this game, the win is much, much bigger.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Agreed.

KC was a start, pointing to better days. But they lost the week before to Indy & the Titans last week. It's possible we crossed them at the right time.

Baltimore is at the top of their game, on a five game win streak playing at home. No team is going there favored to win. Saying we "should" win sounds like we're going to the 0-6 Bengals or some other dysfunctional team.

Baltimore is a good team playing good football right now. & yes, that's the kind of team we need to beat on the road if we're the team we want the Texans to be.

Try to follow my logic (I know it's loopy). If this is a should win game, it doesn't really mean much if we win. If we're not supposed to win this game, the win is much, much bigger.
I get what you are saying and your logic. A should (pretend that is bolded) is a lay up win especially on the road.

However, this is a should (pretend that is bolded) win if we believe we are at the next level. I think you get that.

Just semantics.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
However, this is a should (pretend that is bolded) win if we believe we are at the next level. I think you get that.

Just semantics.
Maybe. I don't think NE would wall into M&T thinking they "should" win. They'll expect a 60 minute battle hoping they'd prevail in the end.

I do think I understand what you're saying though.

How upset would you be if the Ravens win?

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Maybe. I don't think NE would wall into M&T thinking they "should" win. They'll expect a 60 minute battle hoping they'd prevail in the end.

I do think I understand what you're saying though.

How upset would you be if the Ravens win?
Please don’t confuse the should (bolded) win with a gimme win. I think NE would go into Baltimore thinking they should win. A hard fought game, but a win none the less. Same for Texans. Difference between gimme and should (bolded) win game.

If we lose I will be beating the wife and kids and kicking the dog.

Kidding.

I don’t get that emotional about loses.

Unless I see OB the coach. I could throw a brick at OB the coach. But help up OB the GM because he has been showing good effort so far this season. But push back down OB the OC. Then kick OB the QB whisperer.

Other than that I would be cool.

banned1976

sleeper mode
I haven’t been emotionally invested in a Texans game in years. And I lived in Minnesota for the first 8 years of their existence so I rarely got to see them. To me this is just another game that at the end of it I will have a slight rush of emotion that will wear off quickly unless something terrible happens.

Football is interesting to discuss but I don’t get to wrapped up in it. And I still like reading the comments here and elsewhere in regards to the Texans. Predictions are fun to make but the Texans are difficult to predict this year.

I’m predicting a high scoring game with the Texans coming up just short of victory.

Texas Jake

Rookie
Yeah , this has really set up for some high drama over the next 3 weeks - Texans are playing Baltimore for the #2 seed … the next week the Dolts for the division and the following NE for potentially the #1 seed in the conference.

I hope we continue to see the OB who's called a couple really fantastic games where he let Watson be Watson and the team that executed them …. Not the OB that tries to force Watson to do his best Brady impersonation.

I don't want to see regression to the mean …. its time for OB to come up aces.

This stretch of games will tell us if we have the right guy …. or not.
He doesn't necessarily have to go 3-0 (Has to beat the Dolts) but he has to account very well for himself and the team and give them the best chance to come out a winner.
I think part of OB's improvement is he has a better o-line. This has resulted in better execution and probably has allowed OB to be more confident adding more of the wrinkles in the offense we are seeing. I believe OB has focused on improving Watson's play from the pocket. To have long-term effectiveness in this league you have got to be able to operate from the pocket and not bail prematurely. Watson has improved in his ability to do this. There are lots of things you can knock OB for, but you have to give him credit for concentrating on developing Watson into a well rounded QB who not only can escape and work magic from broken plays, but has improved in protecting the ball and utilizing the pocket. I think OB is playing the long-term game with Watson and has avoided exploiting Watson athleticism at the expense of his future like other HCs have done in the past (think RGIII).

76Texan

Hall of Fame
At least it's a noon game. I hate those late games. It's absolutely ungodly, un-American, and just plain despicable for NFL games to happen at anytime other than noon.
Well Thorn.
You don't live on the West Coast.
I bet the afternoon's games are what they prefer. LOL

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Well Thorn.
You don't live on the West Coast.
I bet the afternoon's games are what they prefer. LOL
You're right, I don't live in earthquake territory, I live in flood territory, and prefer noon games. I enjoy walking into my favorite eating place right at 11AM on Sunday and being home full, happy, and in the recliner to start the game. :)

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
You're right, I don't live in earthquake territory, I live in flood territory, and prefer noon games. I enjoy walking into my favorite eating place right at 11AM on Sunday and being home full, happy, and in the recliner to start the game. :)
Yeah but all three west coast states are 100% recreational legal.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Please don’t confuse the should (bolded) win with a gimme win. I think NE would go into Baltimore thinking they should win. A hard fought game, but a win none the less. Same for Texans. Difference between gimme and should (bolded) win game.

If we lose I will be beating the wife and kids and kicking the dog.

Kidding.

I don’t get that emotional about loses.

Unless I see OB the coach. I could throw a brick at OB the coach. But help up OB the GM because he has been showing good effort so far this season. But push back down OB the OC. Then kick OB the QB whisperer.

Other than that I would be cool.
Interesting you say that because I’ve been listening to some of the talking heads and a lot of them are saying that BB went into that game planning to basically use it as a testing ground and didn’t seem as concerned about winning or losing it.

Theory goes he figured they would be playing the Ravens in the playoffs so he threw everything but the kitchen sink at them to see what worked and what didn’t and study the film later. I’m hoping the Texans have done the same and used the NE game as a case study as well.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
We're gonna learn a lot about this team today.

Is this the official game day thread?

Bugman7star

All Pro
We are coming off a strong win and a some much needed rest. Our team knows what this game means. Hopefully they can continue to ride the momentum and trend upwards as we move towards the end of the regular season. Huge test today. We will learn a great deal about this coaching staff and squad today.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
It's more like a fire zone in California these days.
:fireball::firehair: