Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 10 Thread: Bills @ Texans

Damn..i know every1 is pissed now but in the long run this might be good...for kubiak especially- maybe now he'll throw out the prevent offence and defence we played in the 4th- offence especially....

he's got away with it b4 and we all knew it would bite us in the @ss eventually- why not early enough in a losing season???

rushing 3 people also didnt help. no pressure and easy throwing lanes for Losman...how does this keep happeneing? we keep them scorless for about 45 minutes straight, and when it comes down to it, we fold..

thats a heartbreaker no doubt. though this season was lost anyways and this can only help both our players and coaches future decision making. still sucks though.

his feet were not in bounds...they were elevated, after his hand went down out of bounds to break his fall his feet dragged.

Replay refs suck and have been screwing us all season.

I'm done.

hopefully kubiak will stop allowing our team to rest on these small leads. Play the game for 4 quarters.:gun:

rushing 3 people also didnt help. no pressure and easy throwing lanes for Losman...how does this keep happeneing? we keep them scorless for about 45 minutes straight, and when it comes down to it, we fold..

We chose to let them move down the field. Prevent defense. I hate seeing that when you're up by less than 7.

3rd and 2 we have the ball you run it dead at them and force them to call their last timeout or get the 1st you do not try to pass the ball (and stop the clock for them). Bad coaching on our last off. drive.

You're right...That call lost the game. We either get the first down or make them use their last timeout with a run or we pass to where we either get the first down, throw an interception or incomplete the pass to stop the clock. Geeee which one has a better upside? I just don't understand how the mentality changes from one extreme to the other in one week.

On one play, we lined up 3 and one then dropped into coverage?????

The play calling was more conservative than I thought could be even possible. Once the Texans had the lead it was as if Kubiak was playing to not lose versus playing to win.

If Faggins would have gotten that INT, end result would probably be different.

guys remember: "if 'if's' and 'buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry christmas"

lets put it this way, the offense was nonexistent the whole 2nd half. the playcalling was horrific and conservative, and we had no killer instinct. the defense couldnt rest between drives. i dont blame them as much as i blame carr and the playcalling.

Prevent defense is for 3rd and 20 or more. Otherwise, it's for losers, *****s and extreme cowards (you know the word I'm looking for).

shut the hell up about carr he played good ll game one bad call and all of a sudden th crr haters rise from the dead stop already. we should have ran it even if we dont convert they will use the t.o. and not have it. also we suc at prevent unless carr forced kubs to play prevent shut up and deal with it. i hate a loss as much as the next guy, but dont blame the qb for a defensiv let down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what happened to the O? no points in the second half after dominating the first half? our team is not bad, its just inconsitant. i know people are pissed, but we are making strides.

I belive not going down field plays a big part in sucking in the 2nd half. Give the ball to AJ and Moulds; they were having a good first half. I'm tired of seeing screen passes or short 2 yeard passes. MOve the ball down field and stay agressive.

if you look at the replay you can see the two lines in the grass that his toes made. I like your idea of neutrality...it's homer neutrality.

You do realize the white box is out of bounds right?

And I'm nothing like a homer. He was out.

horrible call playing at the end of the game, absolutely horrible..they've no sense at all, why would you be throwing the ball when you have been dominating with the run, especially when you trying to run out the clock....another wonderful day as a texans fan....yeeeeehhhaawww

I belive not going down field plays a big part in sucking in the 2nd half. Give the ball to AJ and Moulds; they were having a good first half. I'm tired of seeing screen passes or short 2 yeard passes. MOve the ball down field and stay agressive.
we went down field at least 3 times, not even coming close to a catch. also, i dont think we threw the ball to Moulds in the second half. if the coaching staff realizes the mistakes we are making (not running enough, not spreading the ball around to the other receivers, stupid penalties) and fixes them, we will start to win these game. have some faith.

...one of the best 'playing/coaching not to lose games' I've ever seen!! We almost won w/o scoring an offensive point in the second half...we wasted the field position battle while trying to control the clock and then gave that better field position to the Bills...we played some 'great' 'you don't score, we won't score'...last team with the ball (w/time on the clock) wins...wow, the memories come 'flooding' back....:brickwall :gun:

You do realize the white box is out of bounds right?

And I'm nothing like a homer. He was out.
Ok, not a homer, but I don't know how you can turn that play over. I didn't see anything more in replays other than those skid marks. Rough loss any way you slice it though. We can agree on that much.

This is speculative only - How would the game have been different with Sage as QB, especially in the second half? :hides:

(Note: I'm not a 'Carr-basher')

This is speculative only - How would the game have been different with Sage as QB, especially in the second half?

(Note: I'm not a 'Carr-basher')

Our QB wouldnt have had 22 straight completions so we probably would've done worse.

I avoided posting right after the game ended because I was so furious at the Texans blowing a game like this. Just like they blew the St.Louis game last year. Losman had forever to throw for most of the game today and I don't care how bad you are, but if you give a NFL qb that much time to throw then he'll beat you. And that's what happened today. I didn't understand why in the world DeMarcus Faggins was on Lee Evans today. Your best CB is supposed to be on their best WR. Dunta should've been covering Evans all day. I don't know what the thought process was on that scheme. Faggins did play well towards the end, but he got burned for 2 tds and that's inexcusable. Cook's fumble probably cost us 7 or 3 points today and that was devastating. They've got to have someone else on those rollouts instead of Cook. Bottom line: Absolutely horrendous loss and there's no positives from this game. We've crossed that line where people are talking about positives in a loss. Wouldn't surprise me if we didn't win another game from here on out.

wait now dont blame stanley. stanley was the best defensive player in this game for the texans. field position is what kept us from being blown out.

You are right about punting within 5yds to the goal line but, when you are up against the wall and need a big punt and came up with what 38,39yds is not good. I would like my punter to have more distance with punt. Chad has nose for hitting with 10yds to enemy goal line but, I would take more distance guy than acuuracy. It seems like chad is not getting his distance lately. Punting 30yders is not my ideal of punter.

Losman had forever to throw for most of the game today and I don't care how bad you are, but if you give a NFL qb that much time to throw then he'll beat you. And that's what happened today.
Exactly. When an NFL QB has that much time, you can bet there was someone doing offensive holding. But I've learned to not count on a ref to call in your favor. They missed several holding calls on the Bills today.
But still, we played pretty well collectively, especially our special teams pinning them in the five several times. If we could have knocked down that last pass, this conversation would not be happening. That was just a perfectly placed ball. What can you say? No use crying over spilt milk or missed offensive holding calls -- they still got the W. *sigh*
The only thing I hated that we did was those wussy little screen passes. We should have just kept pounding them. We'd have won then.

Look, nothing has changed. We are a young and improving football team with glaring holes at CB, FS, OL, WLB, FB... So, let's settle down and appreciate that the talent we do have now is actually playing well: AJ, Moulds, Carr, Dunta, Mario, Weaver, Ryans, Orr, Lundy...

Kubiak is a rookie coach, an excellent one. However, he made a mistake on the 3rd and 2 call. He'll learn how to be agressive. Some kind of a running play was clearly the call there- whether a simple one or an exotic one. We needed them to use up that final timeout. That being said, how many of us were crying about the previous regime's unwillingness to throw the ball in the second half or to play at all agressively. We have that now and we should be grateful.

By the way, Nate Clements would look really nice opposite Dunta, with Petey playing nickel.

Back