Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He missed like 1 game a year. Will Fuller misses more every season than Brooks has his entire career.

CnDs diagnosis is correct but I don't give obrien a pass.

You think Brooks was playing at his best with bleeding ulcers?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27522373/obrien-explains-rationale-texans-big-trades

"These moves were part of a plan, something that was well thought out," O'Brien said. "We spent a lot of time on it and tried to execute the plan. It's not just a plan to improve the team for 2019, it's a plan to improve the roster for years to come. It's given us the ability and flexibility to extend our core players while continuing to add and develop talent."

Ckfu Bill O'Brien. Desperation a week before game 1 isn't a plan, it's ufcking stupid. A ridiculous hack who's only success is showing up under Belichick as the TE coach when Gronk and Hernandez were in beast mode - promoted to Brady's Btich.

I've spent the entire offseason trying to find a reason to bother. We whiffed on the draft, but no one actually knows how the draft will turn out (unless you miss the LT you need, reach on someone you don't, and ultimately spend 3 first round draft picks on someone that hasn't exactly set the world on fire). We have Watson and what's left of Kubiak's team ... Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, etc ... there is enough elite talent to give us hope. And then not only do we not have an offensive coaching staff, but we're out a GM as well. It's ok though, not even Cal and Dumbass could really cripple us, they'll take this team into the season and we'll see what shakes out. (uhhh ... see above link) Welcome back Scooter with a big assed "I TOLD YOU SO" ... Bastard isnt going down with the ship, he's taking the ship down with him. Still waiting on the first successful Belichick disciple for those itchy about his gm.

Last edited:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27522373/obrien-explains-rationale-texans-big-trades

"These moves were part of a plan, something that was well thought out," O'Brien said. "We spent a lot of time on it and tried to execute the plan. It's not just a plan to improve the team for 2019, it's a plan to improve the roster for years to come. It's given us the ability and flexibility to extend our core players while continuing to add and develop talent."

Ckfu Bill O'Brien. Desperation a week before game 1 isn't a plan, it's ufcking stupid. A ridiculous hack who's only success is showing up under Belichick as the TE coach when Gronk and Hernandez were in beast mode - promoted to Brady's Btich.

I've spent the entire offseason trying to find a reason to bother. We whiffed on the draft, but no one actually knows how the draft will turn out (unless you miss the LT you need, reach on someone you don't, and ultimately spend 3 first round draft picks on someone that hasn't exactly set the world on fire). We have Watson and what's left of Kubiak's team ... Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, etc ... there is enough elite talent to give us hope. And then not only do we not have an offensive coaching staff, but we're out a GM as well. It's ok though, not even Cal and Dumbass could really cripple us, they'll take this team into the season and we'll see what shakes out. (uhhh ... see above link) Welcome back Scooter with a big assed "I TOLD YOU SO" ... Bastard isnt going down with the ship, he's taking the ship down with him. Still waiting on the first successful Belichick disciple for those itchy about his gm.

How do Kubiak's balls taste this morning.

He isn't here anymore.

Investing in a LT to protect Watson and 1st/2nd rd picks to protect Watson is hardly a waste. The fact that the Texans invested in 3 young talented OL that are 25 and under and are only going to improve should give you reason to rejoice. But it doesn't because they weren't Kubiak's picks.

He isn't here anymore.

Investing in a LT to protect Watson and 1st/2nd rd picks to protect Watson is hardly a waste. The fact that the Texans invested in 3 young talented OL that are 25 and under and are only going to improve should give you reason to rejoice. But it doesn't because they weren't Kubiak's picks.

As much as you bust the McNair’s balls I can now see how OB has gotten all the power he has from them. You’re buying into OB just like they do.

He isn't here anymore.

Why are they going to improve? Who since 2016 has improved? TALENT TALENT TALENT. No son. The offensive line as your favorite coaches prove is cohesiveness and execution and finding the right players for the scheme. It's not blaming Rick Smith for ufcking talent and praising new talent and then complaining about talent and then ignoring that we've spent picks on talent and money on talent and ignoring/excusing that we threw away talent and just dropped 3 major draft picks on talent when you yourself don't trust our offensive line coach to make use of that talent.

How about a coach that can better use the resources offered (in 2022, thanks) and coach up talent instead of needing to throw the future away on a left tackle after drafting one in the first a few months ago?

O'Brien has been winning on Kubiak's talent and having the #1 overall pick (Clowney) and Rick drafting Watson

Why are they going to improve? Who since 2016 has improved? TALENT TALENT TALENT. No son. The offensive line as your favorite coaches prove is cohesiveness and execution and finding the right players for the scheme. It's not blaming Rick Smith for ufcking talent and praising new talent and then complaining about talent and then ignoring that we've spent picks on talent and money on talent and ignoring/excusing that we threw away talent and just dropped 3 major draft picks on talent when you yourself don't trust our offensive line coach to make use of that talent.

How about a coach that can better use the resources offered (in 2022, thanks) and coach up talent instead of needing to throw the future away on a left tackle after drafting one in the first a few months ago?

O'Brien doesn't believe in talent. He believes in coaching (his), culture (that he thinks is good) and character (as determined by him)

Reactions: ROO
I'm not buying into anything, I'm just looking forward to seeing what BOB's offense will look like with a competent OL.

And throwing away 3 draft picks (and your hypocritical posts come Spring time the next two years) and simultaneously dropping one of last year's starting offensive linemen will be the magical cure-all? 4 picks if we include Howard who O'Brien seems to be doing his best to turn into XSF.

As much as you bust the McNair’s balls I can now see how OB has gotten all the power he has from them. You’re buying into OB just like they do.

I'm not buying into anything, I'm just looking forward to seeing what BOB's offense will look like with a competent OL.

And throwing away 3 draft picks (and your hypocritical posts come Spring time the next two years) and simultaneously dropping one of last year's starting offensive linemen will be the magical cure-all? 4 picks if we include Howard who O'Brien seems to be doing his best to turn into XSF.

Hypocritical? If it doesn't work out I will still be happy they tried to do everything possible to protect their franchise QB.

I to worry that Devlin and BOB by extension are going to do the same thing to Howard that happened to XSF. However from what I read Howard has a great work ethic, XSF not so much.

Dallas

So basically you're complaining about 1 player on the o-line being crap....Lol

Seantrel, Martin and the rookies. Mancz is always injured. Kelemente is mediocre. I don't think Tytus, Roderick and Max are anywhere close to ready (which is normal for rookies or inexperienced players).

Only two good players on that line.

Son? I'm probably older than you, you arrogant goat f'er.

This is the most talented team since 2011. It's like your hate for all things BOB has clouded you judgement. BTW, Kubiak didn't set the success bar very high here in Houston, are you such a simpleton that your rooting for BOB to fail as some sort of twisted validation of Kubia

Kubiak doesn't work here anymore and never will again. You goat F'ers need to move on.

How many guy that were drafted under Kubiak Under RS are still on the team?

Watt/Hopkins/Mercilus?

Rick Smith got the Watson win. Is there anyone else of note since O'nothing took over? How about offensive linemen. You love offensive linemen, and he inherited some beasts, how does his year 5 compare to that other guy's year 5 (we don't need names, just linemen).

How does our roster compare to other teams after a 6 year turnover, that cant figure out if it's turning over again - because it has no gm or OC.

Seantrel, Martin and the rookies. Mancz is always injured. Kelemente is mediocre. I don't think Tytus, Roderick and Max are anywhere close to ready (which is normal for rookies or inexperienced players).

Only two good players on that line.

The rookies should be ready by week 6 like the Colts rookie ol were.

You never answered what you would have invested in fixing the ol. We know what BOB was willing to invest.

Son? I'm probably older than you, you arrogant goat f'er.

This is the most talented team since 2011. It's like your hate for all things BOB has clouded you judgement. BTW, Kubiak didn't set the success bar very high here in Houston, are you such a simpleton that your rooting for BOB to fail as some sort of twisted validation of Kubia

Kubiak doesn't work here anymore and never will again. You goat F'ers need to move on.

This team sucks, the only talent we've got is survivals from the previous regime and Rick Smith's Watson pick. We threw out the top run stuffing edge rusher IN THE LEAGUE (who we had under contract), last year's starting left tackle, 2 first round picks, a second round pick and the small amount of dignity we were clinging onto in spite of having a Belichick castoff.

You are trying aweful hard to put the name and redirect towards someone who hasn't been here in 6 years. If Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, and Joseph were of any importance well ... oh, wait. But, it's ok, we've acquired better players since, like ... oh. But the offensive line! Even with our age we had Brown and Brooks and Jones ... who are all signed to 2020+ with other teams. But, at least we scored more than 3 points in our playoff appearances ... even a 3rd stringer like TJ Yates could do that much. Oh.

Last edited:
The rookies should be ready by week 6 like the Colts rookie ol were.

You never answered what you would have invested in fixing the ol. We know what BOB was willing to invest.

Well I've said many times I would have kept the kubiak guys. Failing that do some proper evaluations and find value. This past season specifically they could have gotten Dillard by trading a 3rd and signed a much better RT in Nsekhe.

Rick Smith got the Watson win. Is there anyone else of note since O'nothing took over? How about offensive linemen. You love offensive linemen, and he inherited some beasts, how does his year 5 compare to that other guy's year 5 (we don't need names, just linemen).

How does our roster compare to other teams after a 6 year turnover, that cant figure out if it's turning over again - because it has no gm or OC.

So RS gets credit for the good picks and no blame for the bad picks.

I'm happy because they finally invested in the ol which is the foundation of any team.

Of you feel differently fine, I'm just glad the Texans org has finally changed the way they go about acquiring players and I don't care who gets the credit.

BOB succeeding isn't an indictment of Kubiak.

This team sucks, the only talent we've got is survivals from the previous regime and Rick Smith's Watson pick. We threw out the top run stuffing edge rusher IN THE LEAGUE (who we had under contract), last year's starting left tackle, 2 first round picks, a second round pick and the small amount of dignity we were clinging onto in spite of having a Belichick castoff.

You are trying aweful hard to put the name and redirect towards someone who hasn't been here in 6 years. If Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, and Joseph were of any importance well ... oh, wait.

I'm not the poster that said BOB is living off of Kubes guys, even though there are only 3 by my count on the team.

You are trying aweful hard to put the name and redirect towards someone who hasn't been here in 6 years. If Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, and Joseph were of any importance well ... oh, wait.

I'm not the poster that said BOB is living off of Kubes guys, even though there are only 3 by my count on the team.

Well I've said many times I would have kept the kubiak guys. Failing that do some proper evaluations and find value. This past season specifically they could have gotten Dillard by trading a 3rd and signed a much better RT in Nsekhe.

Didn't those guys retire 5 years ago?

Agreed on Dillard

So who IS he living off of?

His offensive line of course! His scheme that make the most use of the talented offensive line! His run game dominating the league because of that offensive line!!!

Or is it a little more obvious. Like a record breaking defensive end, the best WR in the game, an elite edge rusher, and a veteran #1 corner. Couldn't be those guys, they have that K guy's name attached to them ... SHAME!!! Everyone else is better ... cuz, you know we had that one bad year that Steel bases the entire franchise on.

You keep repeating this and pounding this drum but other than a McClain article saying they didn't want Dillard where have you ever seen anything that said Ravens even offered it to the Texans much less what the price was. Also if you actually read the McClain article he doesn't say anything about Baltimore offering it to them either. You have accepted your theory of what happened as fact but you have no actual proof to back it up.

Nsekhe I agree with you we should have signed him just to have him where we could get him if needed, could have always cut him if not needed. They were to convinced Kalil would work out until the last minute when they realized he wasn't getting better.

You keep repeating this and pounding this drum but other than a McClain article saying they didn't want Dillard where have you ever seen anything that said Ravens even offered it to the Texans much less what the price was. Also if you actually read the McClain article he doesn't say anything about Baltimore offering it to them either. You have accepted your theory of what happened as fact but you have no actual proof to back it up.

Nsekhe I agree with you we should have signed him just to have him where we could get him if needed, could have always cut him if not needed. They were to convinced Kalil would work out until the last minute when they realized he wasn't getting better.

Either way they could have offered the 3rd and traded up. It was more than what the Eagles gave. If they were sitting on their asses waiting for Dillard to fall then they're idiots.

And the Kalil thing. That's a fireable offense.

So who IS he living off of?

His offensive line of course! His scheme that make the most use of the talented offensive line! His run game dominating the league because of that offensive line!!!

Or is it a little more obvious. Like a record breaking defensive end, the best WR in the game, an elite edge rusher, and a veteran #1 corner. Couldn't be those guys, they have that K guy's name attached to them ... SHAME!!! Everyone else is better ... cuz, you know we had that one bad year that Steel bases the entire franchise on.

All of this and they never got farther than BOB'S teams did.

Excuses start in 3...2..1

Fact is both guys were avg hc's while here in Houston.

Not Duane Brown, Brandon Brooks and Ben Jones

Brown had an issue more with McNair and the F/O than he did with BoB. He was pissed that they wouldn't extend him with two years left on his contract and about McNair's comments.

Brooks had mental problems that even he didn't understand, everyone in the Texans medical team missed it and he himself has said that he wasn't asking for help. Don't know if you've ever dealt with mental issues but I will tell you from personal experience you can have the doctor standing right there telling you whats wrong and that you need help but if you don't believe it or ask for help then there is nothing they can do.

Jones hasn't exactly lit the world on fire even with the Titans. I will grant you that he would be an upgrade over what we have now but that's why we drafted Martin when we did because we thought he would be Jones replacement and, on paper, Martin looked like an upgrade to Jones. Sadly it hasn't worked out that way.

Owner ran one off

Another was sick, thanks Texans medical staff. Again

The other was an avg C at best.

All starters with contracts through 2020+. Strangest thing, I knew a famous coach with 4 Superbowl rings who knew them. Couldn't have been the same guy though, one of the 3 knew a guy for two years which made everything else he and the others did irrelevant due to epic awesomeness by osmosis.

Last edited:
Either way they could have offered the 3rd and traded up. It was more than what the Eagles gave. If they were sitting on their asses waiting for Dillard to fall then they're idiots.

So what you are saying is the Texans are idiots but they should have been smarter than literally everyone else in the NFL and realized that Philly was going to jump in front of them. Even smarter than the people that pretty much do nothing but cover the Eagles and wee just as shocked when Philly traded up to get a Lt with a Hof LT on the field. Next you'll be saying teams better trade up to get their QB because the Pats might jump in front of them.

Also BoB breathing is a reason to fire him in your book. He kicked the tires on a vet in Training camp. That's exactly what you are suppose to do. He did it longer than I would have but he still cut him before it actually harmed the team. If they had rolled into the season with Kalil then yeah that would have been very stupid but they didn't do that.

All of this and they never got farther than BOB'S teams did.

Excuses start in 3...2..1

Fact is both guys were avg hc's while here in Houston.

no excuses necessary. Fact is one has 4 rings, the other couldn't get a ring with the patriots. One built one of the best offensive lines in the league (4 probowlers in a single year long after gibbs was gone) ... the other can't even keep a coach and just became a laughing stock with his GM/Clowney/Tunsil moves. Fact is ... facts.

All starters with contracts through 2020+. Strangest thing, I knew a famous couch with 4 Superbowl rings who knew them. Couldn't have been the same guy though, one of the 3 knew a guy for two years which made everything else he and the others did irrelevant due to epic awesomeness by osmosis.

How many of those sb's did this coach win in Houston?

What was his record in Houston. Fawning on am over the hill or injured OL

I'm moving on, we've had this same discussion since Kubiak got fired and this is going nowhere.

I'm just glad you're willing to admit that being right and BOB failing is more important to you than having a contending team.

0 rings are n Houston and the other will probably put up the most points in franchise history.

Ever ask yourself why Kubiak didn't win a championship here?

Sorry guys for letting this goat f'er voad me into derailing another thread.

Stuff like this BS and I'm as guilty as anybody is why valued members like CnD left and for this I apologise.

Dude....

You don't know that they weren't trying to move up......
You don't know if the Ravens requested our 3rd or that we didn't offer them a 3rd to move up.........
You don't know how Dillard's going to turn out..
You don't know anything really.

Why don't you try to make your case without hindsight & with actual proof huh?

You're sitting up here bascially saying that b/c the Texans didn't get Dillard, their strategy of letting him continue to fall to them.......which was playing right into their hands to within 1 pick, was them being idiots.

Nevermind that that's the same strategy Philly employed to within 3 picks...Or else they would've jumped up sooner to get him
Nevermind that we need a day 1 starter & Philly will be sitting Dillard this year....Which acknowledges, that he may not be this polished product & budding all-pro.

It should also be noted that all this happened with a GM.

Dude....

You don't know that they weren't trying to move up......
You don't know if the Ravens requested our 3rd or that we didn't offer them a 3rd to move up.........
You don't know how Dillard's going to turn out..
You don't know anything really.

Why don't you try to make your case without hindsight & with actual proof huh?

You're sitting up here bascially saying that b/c the Texans didn't get Dillard, their strategy of letting him continue to fall to them.......which was playing right into their hands to within 1 pick, was them being idiots.

Nevermind that that's the same strategy Philly employed to within 3 picks...Or else they would've jumped up sooner to get him
Nevermind that we need a day 1 starter & Philly will be sitting Dillard this year....Which acknowledges, that he may not be this polished product & budding all-pro.

It should also be noted that all this happened with a GM.

Agreed and I would have tried to trade up to 10 for Dillard. But you're correct with all of the hindsight around here.

How many of those sb's did this coach win in Houston?

What was his record in Houston. Fawning on am over the hill or injured OL

I'm moving on, we've had this same discussion since Kubiak got fired and this is going nowhere.

I'm just glad you're willing to admit that being right and BOB failing is more important to you than having a contending team.

0 rings are n Houston and the other will probably put up the most points in franchise history.

Ever ask yourself why Kubiak didn't win a championship here?

Sorry guys for letting this goat f'er voad me into derailing another thread.

Stuff like this BS and I'm as guilty as anybody is why valued members like CnD left and for this I apologise.

Don't put it on me, you went this direction entirely on your own. But, it's been fun, read the post you quoted again ... FACTS. And as I've read over the past several months (closer to a year I think, but time disappears), go ahead an apologize, you earned it.

Good drunk posting. Not sure, but I'll probably wander off again. Everyone assumes I want "that guy" back again. I don't, I just want anyone competent (obviously not from the Belichick tree), that can sell me on a glimmer of hope down the line. Until then, be good, or at least good at it!

Last edited:
Wow you gents are going hard in the paint today.

Now that the Texans Mortgage their future for a player Steel wanted. Lol it game on and now he's become their biggest defender. Especially after tearing them apart for years.

Bwhahaha gotta love it.

So what you are saying is the Texans are idiots but they should have been smarter than literally everyone else in the NFL and realized that Philly was going to jump in front of them. Even smarter than the people that pretty much do nothing but cover the Eagles and wee just as shocked when Philly traded up to get a Lt with a Hof LT on the field. Next you'll be saying teams better trade up to get their QB because the Pats might jump in front of them.

Also BoB breathing is a reason to fire him in your book. He kicked the tires on a vet in Training camp. That's exactly what you are suppose to do. He did it longer than I would have but he still cut him before it actually harmed the team. If they had rolled into the season with Kalil then yeah that would have been very stupid but they didn't do that.

They didn't have to be smarter than everyone. They just had to be smart enough to avoid getting jumped. Happens all the time.

Lol you can't justify kalil at all. Everyone knew he was done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back