Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Caserio must bring Watson and his agent into a meeting a lay it out in a manner that eliminates any and all confusion as to who’s holding the cards in this current situation.

1. Watson….you screwed the pooch, screwed yourself, and screwed the organization.
2. Your screw-up was massively amplified when you tried to blame the organization for not being honorable and then demanded a trade after the team secured your future with an amazing contract.
3. It was once again amplified when you came to camp but let it be known that you had no interest in being with the team.
4. The team will not trade you nor take any loss in fair market value to appease your desire to play for certain teams. The team is fully prepared to let this play out….while suspending you without pay b/c of conduct detrimental to the team….whenever permissible. The team will relegate you to QB3, keep you on the roster, and never have you dress for another game…..until a court decision has been rendered.
5. If you are found guilty (criminally) the team will move forward in having your contract voided. The team will then seek full restitution of any signing bonus paid out. If you are found not-guilty…..the team will maintain your rights until an appropriate trade is found that benefits the team.
6. You want this trade to happen so you can catch on with another organization….it’s simple, waive your no-trade clause so everyone involved can move forward.

Texans must find a way to ride this shite-storm out and not take a stance of weakness to Watson.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
Sounds like everyone expected something to be finalized on Monday. Not sure what happened or why the delay.
Because they don’t know. These type of allegations and that many doesn’t go away like that. That stuff will be on his record for at least 7 more years unless he’s able to get them expunged.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Caserio must bring Watson and his agent into a meeting a lay it out in a manner that eliminates any and all confusion as to who’s holding the cards in this current situation.

1. Watson….you screwed the pooch, screwed yourself, and screwed the organization.
2. Your screw-up was massively amplified when you tried to blame the organization for not being honorable and then demanding a trade.
3. It was once again amplified when you came to camp but let it be known that you had no interest in being with the team.
4. The team will not trade you nor take any loss in fair market value to appease your desire to play for certain teams. The team is fully prepared to let this play out….while suspending you without pay b/c of conduct detrimental to the team….whenever permissible. The team will relegate you to QB3, keep you on the roster, and never have you dress for another game…..until a court decision has been rendered.
5. If you are found guilty (criminally) the team will move forward in having your contract voided. The team will then seek full restitution of any signing bonus paid out. If you are found not-guilty…..the team will maintain your rights until an appropriate trade is found that benefits the team.
6. You want this trade to happen so you can catch on with another organization….it’s simple, waive your no-trade clause so everyone involved can move forward.

Texans must find a way to ride this shite-storm out and not take a stance of weakness to Watson.
That's exactly the stand that should have been taken from the get go.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Denver would only be interested if all of Watson legal issues were resolved in his favor.

Watson has expressed he isn't interested in Denver, despite what KJax said.
I missed Watson expressing that he's not interested in Denver could you please Supply that link or tell me where you heard it?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Sounds like everyone expected something to be finalized on Monday. Not sure what happened or why the delay.
I don't recall but one person mentioning a possible resolution Monday. where are you getting that everyone expected it? Or were you just being sarcastic?

badboy

Hall of Fame

2. Your screw-up was massively amplified when you tried to blame the organization for not being honorable and then demanding a trade.

Oh man! I thought I was quarterback 3 signed Driscoll

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!

How about the owner cut off the Xbox and try to resolve the situation he created too.

Watson on the way out: I feel a tweak in my lower back.
Caserio with a smirk: You know what to do...go get an effin massage as usual.
Watson's agent stands up: FU Caserio, Deshaun get back here!

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

Great post OT - pretty much it.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
As it stands right now, Watson has no interest in going anywhere but Miami. The problem is that Miami doesn't have more than one 1st rnd pick left in 2022...........the pick they received from the 49s, which would be somewhere between 25-32. Tua couldn't look any worse in TC than he has so far. His inaccuracy has not improved since college, and apparently has gotten worse with him throwing multiple pics during camp. In fact, one of his passes was so ridiculously off target, it smashed and bloodied a fan in the spectator crowd. Certainly he is not in consideration by the Texans in the trade terms. 28 year old cornerback Xavien Howard is potentially a 2-edged sword............like Hopkins was in Houston, he is disgruntled with his present contract and with 3 years left he wants a redo or out..............the Texans could get real screwed if he becomes part of the deal.

Only 2 teams (besides Miami) have shown any real interest in trading for Watson. The Panthers only have rolls of toilet paper to offer the Texans after trading for Sam Darnold. The only team with the Draft capital the Texans are looking for is the Eagles. But Watson now continues to insist that he will only accept the trip to Miami.

As Watson continues with his unreasonable demand, and the League apparently is not going to place him on the CEL, barring any new dramatic developments.................expect the Texans to soon tire of Watson's game and place him on excused leave to improve his game with the Nerf football they send him home with.

Last edited:

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

“He's with the Texans. I can't comment on a player under contract with another team," Ellis said of Watson during Tuesday's training camp-opening press conference. "Vic and George have said we can win with the guys we have, and that's where we're going. That's what we're looking at tomorrow and from this point forward. That really isn’t a consideration on the table right now.”

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Ex-NFL GM: Deshaun Watson trade amid lawsuits ‘suicidal’

While the 25-year-old is a talented quarterback, former Miami Dolphins and New Orleans Saints general manager Randy Mueller told NJ Advance Media trading for Watson “would be suicidal.”

On paper, adding one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL would help many teams, but according to Mueller, Watson’s legal troubles make a trade difficult.

Depositions for the civil suits will begin this September. Watson will not be deposed until after the NFL season in February 2022, as per an agreement between the two legal teams.

“I don’t know that they’re going to be able to vet it completely,” Mueller said. “I don’t know that the league is going to come clean with their investigation, and I think they’ve purposely put the brakes on it, thinking that it would take its legal course first. There’s just a lot of open-ended questions that I don’t think are [capable of being vetted] at this point.”

“Him coming in is a good business move for him,” Mueller said. “It also starts the clock on some of this happening. This starts the clock on: what is the league and what are the Texans going to do? It would have stayed in limbo had he not come in.”

He was a senior executive with the Chargers when Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger received a six-game suspension for violating the league’s personal conduct policy in 2010. While he was never criminally charged, Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault by a 20-year-old college student.

After meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Roethlisberger’s suspension was reduced to six games, and he went back to his NFL career. Watson’s case is different, however, considering how many women have come forward.

“This [situation] is a few more cases, and there may or may not be charges,” Mueller said. “I don’t know if [Watson] plays this year at all. I don’t know how he could.”

Full article

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Someone forward this to @badboy
Ex-NFL GM: Deshaun Watson trade amid lawsuits ‘suicidal’

While the 25-year-old is a talented quarterback, former Miami Dolphins and New Orleans Saints general manager Randy Mueller told NJ Advance Media trading for Watson “would be suicidal.”

On paper, adding one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL would help many teams, but according to Mueller, Watson’s legal troubles make a trade difficult.

Depositions for the civil suits will begin this September. Watson will not be deposed until after the NFL season in February 2022, as per an agreement between the two legal teams.

“I don’t know that they’re going to be able to vet it completely,” Mueller said. “I don’t know that the league is going to come clean with their investigation, and I think they’ve purposely put the brakes on it, thinking that it would take its legal course first. There’s just a lot of open-ended questions that I don’t think are [capable of being vetted] at this point.”

“Him coming in is a good business move for him,” Mueller said. “It also starts the clock on some of this happening. This starts the clock on: what is the league and what are the Texans going to do? It would have stayed in limbo had he not come in.”

He was a senior executive with the Chargers when Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger received a six-game suspension for violating the league’s personal conduct policy in 2010. While he was never criminally charged, Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault by a 20-year-old college student.

After meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, Roethlisberger’s suspension was reduced to six games, and he went back to his NFL career. Watson’s case is different, however, considering how many women have come forward.

“This [situation] is a few more cases, and there may or may not be charges,” Mueller said. “I don’t know if [Watson] plays this year at all. I don’t know how he could.”

banned1976

sleeper mode
How the hell did Cal create any of this ? Your ire is misplaced ..... the guy who created this turdnado is Watson. All of it is on him.
Cal didn’t create the sexual assault cases...probably, unless he’s some kind of evil movie villain type. But he certainly had something to do with Watson wanting to be traded. Now, had Cal managed the team as well as anyone could up to Watson wanting to be traded, I’d be more inclined to cut him some slack. Instead, he facilitated the biggest collapse of a Houston pro sports team since I can’t remember when.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
I loathe social media and avoid it more than DW avoids a local massage but arent the real people supposed to have a checkmark by their name or something?
Check marks are placed next to verified accounts. But this one in addition to not having the green check mark, was labeled as Ianlrap,...... The addition of the "l" should have given it away as a fake.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Check marks are placed next to verified accounts. But this one in addition to not having the green check mark, was labeled as Ianlrap,...... The addition of the "l" should have given it away as a fake.
I honestly didn’t believe it could happen. I’m really torn I thought I wanted him gone, then he showed up at camp & I thought, “So there is a chance.”

I saw the RapLSheet tweet & thought, “Finally, it’s over.”

before I scrolled to the next post I had already screamed to the other room, to let my wife know.

then I saw the post stating it was a fake account, honestly I was relieved.

this has been a roller coaster for me. My emotions are all over the place. Don’t really know if I want him to stay. Or just get the heck out.

Dejaview

All Pro
Cal didn’t create the sexual assault cases...probably, unless he’s some kind of evil movie villain type. But he certainly had something to do with Watson wanting to be traded. Now, had Cal managed the team as well as anyone could up to Watson wanting to be traded, I’d be more inclined to cut him some slack. Instead, he facilitated the biggest collapse of a Houston pro sports team since I can’t remember when.
Please inform us EXACTLY what Cal had to do with this spoiled dumbass. list your sources to be vetted.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Please inform us EXACTLY what Cal had to do with this spoiled dumbass. list your sources to be vetted.
Does it really matter? Just with the OL & RBs Nick brought in this could be a very exciting offense with Watson under Center.

With Watson, there’s no reason to believe this team wouldn’t compete for a playoff spot in 2021. Well, it could be argued anyway.

The point, looks like Cal picked the right guy. I don’t agree with a lot of what he’s done, but without a 1st or 2nd, with no money, he’s remade the team & they’re poised to be in really good shape after the 2022 season.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Cal allowed a lot to happen during the ob dynasty. His previous incompetence would naturally make him a suspect in this debacle and everyone reports to him. I'm not sure I've seen a single source on what really sparked the dw trade demand - But something DID happen to cause the sudden change.

At the beginning of all this I recall something about texts or calls to dw's mom.

I naturally ASSUMED the Texans got wind of his behavior before all the dw drama was reported and they tried to stiffle it.

He was probably not responsive to it so they reached out to his family and that was something dw could not forgive.

I'm just adding up the pieces and speculating obviously, but clearly cal would have at the very least been informed on such matters.

Do you have sources documenting what Cal didn't have to do with this? Dw is pissed at the team and Cal happens to be the owner right? It's no leap of faith to guess he's involved.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He was probably not responsive to it so they reached out to his family and that was something dw could not forgive.
The “reports” about calling DW4’s mom was before the Hopkins trade. Allegedly someone called 4’s mom saying Hopkins was a bad influence on her boy. She called Janice, Janice set the axe in motion.

Eaterby enters the picture. Creepy, Voldemort looking guy. Asking questions, trying to connect with players. Those players think he’s behind the Hopkins trade & the legend of Easterby grows.

Watt got O’Brien fired. Watson thinks he’s got it like that tells Cal he needs to fire Easterby. “Why?” Cal asks. Watson lays every dead body at Easterby’s feet, culminating in Hopkins.

Cal says, “Jack had nothing to do with that, your mom said he had to go.”

Watson wanted nothing to do with an organization that makes decisions based on mamabear not knowing when to let go.

all this is speculation. Not one thing is based on verifiable facts.

powda

The “reports” about calling DW4’s mom was before the Hopkins trade. Allegedly someone called 4’s mom saying Hopkins was a bad influence on her boy. She called Janice, Janice set the axe in motion.

Eaterby enters the picture. Creepy, Voldemort looking guy. Asking questions, trying to connect with players. Those players think he’s behind the Hopkins trade & the legend of Easterby grows.

Watt got O’Brien fired. Watson thinks he’s got it like that tells Cal he needs to fire Easterby. “Why?” Cal asks. Watson lays every dead body at Easterby’s feet, culminating in Hopkins.

Cal says, “Jack had nothing to do with that, your mom said he had to go.”

Watson wanted nothing to do with an organization that makes decisions based on mamabear not knowing when to let go.

all this is speculation. Not one thing is based on verifiable facts.

So the the dw escapade in this scenario dates back to Hopkins. That's feasible. But in between Hopkins and dw trade demands, dw signed a monster contract with the team. Something happened in between to break the camel's back.

Number19

Hall of Fame
So the the dw escapade in this scenario dates back to Hopkins. That's feasible. But in between Hopkins and dw trade demands, dw signed a monster contract with the team. Something happened in between to break the camel's back.
Allegedly Watson wanted some say so in the management decision who to hire for the GM and Head Coaching positions (maybe just one or the other, I'm not certain). And allegedly was told he would be consulted. Or something along those lines. He was po'ed when he was left out of these decisions.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
How the hell did Cal create any of this ? Your ire is misplaced ..... the guy who created this turdnado is Watson. All of it is on him.
Because Cal gave the character coach the complete power over the organization when it was apparent he wasn't capable. We don't have to rehash this do we? If Cal would've fired Jack, I highly doubt DW4 would be asking out. If Cal would've done a thorough gm and coaching search, I highly doubt Watson would be asking out. Hell. JJ probably wouldn't have asked for his release either. Watson legal issues aside, there has never in the history of the NFL has a qb of his caliber and age wanted out because of bad management.

powda

Allegedly Watson wanted some say so in the management decision who to hire for the GM and Head Coaching positions (maybe just one or the other, I'm not certain). And allegedly was told he would be consulted. Or something along those lines. He was po'ed when he was left out of these decisions.

I recall that. And I remember thinking what franchise in their right mind would involve the qb in the gm hiring process? If they made promises to dw regarding this I understand why he'd be upset. Does that explain a sudden trade demand? I don't think so (imo.)

Regardless, it's another misstep by Cal.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
I mean think about it, Cal had dinner with Watson a few times talking about the future of the team. Even the last presser when he said people walking around here like they have power who shouldn't. I mean who else was he speaking about. To think Esterbunny was the temp gm after OB got fired vs the guy over player personel says something. Then they have this mock gm search in which the only gm who wouldn't fire Esterbunny is hired. His close personal friend. Then the candidates they didn't interview vs the ones the did. I mean Josh McCown and Tim Kelly got an interview before EB, Saleh, and even Urban Meyer. Then they hire a guy who hadn't even been a coordinator. You couldn't draw up a worse script than that. All that falls at the feet of Cal. At the end of the season, he should've fired everyone, then let the gm hire everyone. Thats how it normally happens.

powda

Every scenario laid out so far - be it fact or fiction- involves cal's approval.

Not sure how anyone can assume he's not involved.

I mean think about it, Cal had dinner with Watson a few times talking about the future of the team. Even the last presser when he said people walking around here like they have power who shouldn't. I mean who else was he speaking about. To think Esterbunny was the temp gm after OB got fired vs the guy over player personel says something. Then they have this mock gm search in which the only gm who wouldn't fire Esterbunny is hired. His close personal friend. Then the candidates they didn't interview vs the ones the did. I mean Josh McCown and Tim Kelly got an interview before EB, Saleh, and even Urban Meyer. Then they hire a guy who hadn't even been a coordinator. You couldn't draw up a worse script than that. All that falls at the feet of Cal. At the end of the season, he should've fired everyone, then let the gm hire everyone. Thats how it normally happens.
While I like the points you stated, DW has to man up. His contract gave him mega money and has a no trade clause. His obligation is to perform to that contract. It doesn't say in his contract that he gets to play for coach "x" or the team has to have GM "x". He signed that contract with the worse GM (OB) in the history of the NFL along with Easterby being in the VP role and thanked the entire organization including OB and Easterby. They even kept the lame duck offensive coordinator just for him. Why can't he at least give the damn staff a chance as it's a complete changeover. Get run time with the staff and continue to excel in his game, make the players around you better and hold each other accountable. The whole time he was acting a donkey, there was a chit storm brewing in his personal life that came out and dwarfed any of the stuff he was complaining about the Texans. The media was castrating the Texans in the beginning and still never used the same ire against him when the whole massage BS came to light. The media is basically saying, well they just need to move on for the best of both parties and IMO that's whack.

Status
Not open for further replies.