Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter, there were open receivers underneath.
They're not gonna drop or fumble the ball.
They will get the YAC. :brando:

Like I said , more excuses. Every time I've said Watson does X poorly its someone else that's to blame.

And now they are gonna drop / fumble the freakin ball .... FYI:

The team had a total of 11 fumbles lost last year , Watson was responsible for 8 of those.
The team had 19 drops last year total , no player had more than 3 (Will Fuller , Jordan Akins & Kenny Stills each had 3). In 545 attempts that equates to 19/545=0.034.

Common denominator - Watson.

Got anymore excuses ?

it really is just that simple. Apparently tho, those guys and how good they are don’t matter. Everyone has a Kelce & Hill type player they can throw short to & convert regularly.:rolleyes:

No , not every Qb has those weapons .... but the point of the matter is that there were countless times that Watson either didn't see or chose not to take those open shorter throws in favor of driving the ball down field.

You are making your mind up by what you watched on the TV screen , I'm basing mine off of watching every single offensive snap since 2006 in all22 and often several different camera angles including endzone & LOS.

What you see on that TV screen is a small fraction of what's actually going on on any given play.
What you see when you combine All22 with endzone & LOS views is pretty much everything.

Like I said , more excuses. Every time I've said Watson does X poorly its someone else that's to blame.

And now they are gonna drop / fumble the freakin ball .... FYI:

The team had a total of 11 fumbles lost last year , Watson was responsible for 8 of those.
The team had 19 drops last year total , no player had more than 3 (Will Fuller , Jordan Akins & Kenny Stills each had 3). In 545 attempts that equates to 19/545=0.034.

Common denominator - Watson.

Got anymore excuses ?
I'm not sure what you tried to prove here.

But Brady fumbled 12, 11, and 13 times his first three years in the league.

And how do you attribute the fumble to a player?

Was he hit blindsided?
Was he in throwing motion and couldn't do anything else?

Was ít a bad snap?
Did the C snap the ball before the QB was ready?

You just try to throw anything against the wall to see if it sticks.

The one last thing I want to tell you on the matter is that if the defense simply can just be slightly below average, Watson can still win the game.
Check the record.

Then go check the record of the Patriots, the Seahawks, the Chiefs and see why those QBs were winning games.

I will politely stop discussing this matter with you and steelb.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

Last edited:
This is going to be my last response to this ongoing argument.

Assuming @Corrosion and @steelbtexan are 100% correct in their evaluation that Watson can't make OL protections, plays hero ball, doesn't go through his progressions, is selfish, is dumb, will never win a championship and has reached his ceiling.

@Corrosion and @steelbtexan, for a QB with such glaring flaws in his game, before the allegations, exactly what is the return you were expecting from another team that is trading for Watson? These potential trade partners are seeing everything you are seeing from the All 22. What did you expect them to give up for such a flawed QB?

Assuming @Corrosion and @steelbtexan are 100% correct in their evaluation that Watson can't make OL protections, plays hero ball, doesn't go through his progressions, is selfish, is dumb, will never win a championship and has reached his ceiling.

@Corrosion and @steelbtexan, for a QB with such glaring flaws in his game, before the allegations, exactly what is the return you were expecting from another team that is trading for Watson? These potential trade partners are seeing everything you are seeing from the All 22. What did you expect them to give up for such a flawed QB?
A bag of chip that Kyle doesn't want to give up. :brando:

I'm not sure how it started, but if you Google Kyle McNair, his name and photo comes up.
And plenty of articles reference as such.

After reading your link. It actually gets even funnier and raises the question. Was it an innocent mistake or Hopkins was using the Wikipedia definition? Is that why he deleted the tweet?

Two 1sts based on coaches thinking they can change his style of play.

Maybe this happens and this moment is an awakening for the Pervert but after looking at his Instagram I doubt it.

You sure twisted words there .... He is , warts and all a franchise QB and a young one at that - with the potential to get infinitely better.

The NFL is about entertainment and Watson has that in spades .... He is a potential highlight reel on any given play.

Because of the shortage of those franchise QB's , they almost never hit the open market / trade market. Their value is high to begin with ....

I said when all this started I wouldn't trade him unless forced and it would take 3 #1's plus several other picks and taking on a bad contract.

Essentially I want the Hershel Walker deal and then some.

I'm on record stating that I would not trade Watson unless absolutely forced to do so and in that event I want at least 3 1st , 3 2nds and a couple 3rds along with that team taking Mercilus contract .

I'm not sure what you tried to prove here.

But Brady fumbled 12, 11, and 13 times his first three years in the league.

And how do you attribute the fumble to a player?

Was he hit blindsided?
Was he in throwing motion and couldn't do anything else?

Was ít a bad snap?
Did the C snap the ball before the QB was ready?

You just try to throw anything against the wall to see if it sticks.

The one last thing I want to tell you on the matter is that if the defense simply can just be slightly below average, Watson can still win the game.
Check the record.

Then go check the record of the Patriots, the Seahawks, the Chiefs and see why those QBs were winning games.

I will politely stop discussing this matter with you and steelb.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

The point I proved was that your excuses were invalid. Fumbles and drops were not a problem of any significance.

The fact that I pointed out Watson led the team in fumbles was really irrelevant , it was simply showing that his pass catchers weren't doing what you said they would - Fumble or drop at any significant rate (well , all accept Keke Coute who had half as many fumbles as Watson).

But hey , move the goalpost ....

The point I proved was that your excuses were invalid. Fumbles and drops were not a problem of any significance.

The fact that I pointed out Watson led the team in fumbles was really irrelevant , it was simply showing that his pass catchers weren't doing what you said they would - Fumble or drop at any significant rate (well , all accept Keke Coute who had half as many fumbles as Watson).

But hey , move the goalpost ....
I never claimed that the Texans receivers drop more balls than the average.
I was only saying that one needs to take into consideration everything.

Didn't you say that Hopkins was just repeating whatever Culley said?
Or did I misunderstand something?
Hopkins could be in Timbuktu in 2020 & repeat what Culley said. The internets is amazing like that.

Culley called Cal, Kyle. The internet made fun of him Hopkins added onto it. Because he was still taking shots at the Texans, even though he wasn't in Houston.

Hopkins could be in Timbuktu in 2020 & repeat what Culley said. The internets is amazing like that.

Culley called Cal, Kyle. The internet made fun of him Hopkins added onto it. Because he was still taking shots at the Texans, even though he wasn't in Houston.
Did Culley really know about Kyle in 2020?

Again, has nothing to do with anything we’re talking about. Hopkins called Cal Kyle in 2021 after Culley mistakenly called Cal Kyle.
Well, if Culley had mistaken called Cal as "Kyle" then Culley must have known about Cal (it doesn't necessarily have to be in person).
I'm curious as to why Culley would know of Cal at that time.

You sure twisted words there .... He is , warts and all a franchise QB and a young one at that - with the potential to get infinitely better.

The NFL is about entertainment and Watson has that in spades .... He is a potential highlight reel on any given play.

Because of the shortage of those franchise QB's , they almost never hit the open market / trade market. Their value is high to begin with ....

I said when all this started I wouldn't trade him unless forced and it would take 3 #1's plus several other picks and taking on a bad contract.

Essentially I want the Hershel Walker deal and then some.
You might be surprise, but I agree 100% with your first sentence. When you raise valid criticisms or concerns, your posts seems to indicate he cannot get better and that's where I disagreed with your previous posts.

Last edited:
You might be surprise, but I agree 100% with your first sentence. When you raise valid criticisms or concerns, your posts seems to indicate he cannot get better and that's where I disagreed with your previous posts.

That's the thing , there is the possibility he figures it out .... and even if he doesn't , he's top third of the league QB with those warts and the odds aren't in your favor to find a better QB simply because of the scarcity of quality at the position.

The situation really reminds me of Favre , a true gunslinger. You live and die by his brilliance or #@&* !?!

If he'd change the mental approach .... the sky's the limit.

your boy out here blowing games for the 2nd week in a row against the Chargers….playing hero ball. Why didn’t he check it down and take the wide open stuff underneath or throw it away lol?
Interesting stat in that game considering the last possession for the Chiefs in game two and the first three possessions of today’s game….4 turnovers. Chiefs aren’t looking so well coached these days.

your boy out here blowing games for the 2nd week in a row against the Chargers….playing hero ball. Why didn’t he check it down and take the wide open stuff underneath or throw it away lol?

What does that have to do with Watson or his trade value.

Ads to your question , I didn't watch that game but hey , maybe Mahomes is making the same mistakes .

I had to come back to this post .... cause in it , you lump me in with the one guy who think's Watson is completely and totally useless and that's why there's such backlash to any criticism at all.

That's NOT my position and in fact far from it.

My position is simply that he has some warts and that they are often his own downfall , not that he's completely bleeping useless.

As I said in a previous response , even with those warts he's a top third of the league QB.

I guess Mahomes is getting a taste of what it’s like to play behind a not so great OL and having a subpar running game.

A potentially great QB can be “good” behind a lousy OL but a great OL can help a great QB see his full potential.

Mahomes is still very special.

Wishing for him to fail to prove some kind of point is really speaking to his greatness. If CEH hadn't fumbled the game away the Chiefs would be 2-1. 1 of Mahomes ints yesterday was a good throw that bounced off of the receivers hands. Once Mahomes cleans up the turnovers the Chiefs will be fine.

Have you heard how Reid is doing?

Mahomes is still very special.

Wishing for him to fail to prove some kind of point is really speaking to his greatness. If CEH hadn't fumbled the game away the Chiefs would be 2-1. 1 of Mahomes ints yesterday was a good throw that bounced off of the receivers hands. Once Mahomes cleans up the turnovers the Chiefs will be fine.

Have you heard how Reid is doing?

<cough> Watson <cough>

<cough> Watson <cough>

He's an all time great in the massage parlors.

On the football field he's as selfish as he is selfish off of the field. Did I forget to mention he's one of the all time great pieces of Clemson trash with the morals of an alley cat and has about the same IQ as the alley cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back