Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A full practice on a Friday reveals nothing about true injury status, especially after not practicing Wed and Thurs. Now he is entirely off the Browns Injury Report. The Injury Reports are becoming more of a joke.

Myles Garrett has “no restrictions” from injured shoulder
By Mike Florio
Published December 1, 2023 07:59 PM

After missing practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a shoulder injury suffered on Sunday in Denver, Browns defensive end Myles Garrett is good to go on Friday.

He fully participated in practice on Friday, and he has been removed from the injury report.

Asked by reporters on Friday how the shoulder is feeling, Garrett said, “A lot better.”

Does he have any restrictions or limitations?

“Not at the moment,” Garrett said. “Anything could change the flow of the game, but I’m feeling great right now.”

He said the had doubt on “Monday maybe” regarding his ability to play.
“But if I got another shoulder, I’m going to use it,” Garrett said. “Go off the left side, find a way. Don’t find excuses. Find a way.”

He said this injury was “pretty similar” to the shoulder injury he suffered last year in a car accident, but that it doesn’t relate back to the old injury.
Coach Kevin Stefanski credited Garrett for finding a way to play.

"[W]ith Myles and I’d say a bunch of our guys . . . they fight their butts off to get to Sunday, and that’s what Myles did, and he always does,” Stefanski told reporters on Friday. “Nobody’s feeling 100 percent in the National Football League when you get to December, but he sets a great example for our football team, like a lot of our guys do.”

Garrett’s presence will help the Browns get their eighth game of the year, as they try to get to the playoffs.

After dropping two games on the road, the Browns will play the Jaguars at home next Sunday.
Jags tonight may be looking ahead to Cleveland Sunday and lose to both. I hope. I don't want to root for the Browns but I have to especially if Jags lose tonight.

Why would the Jags do that?
I am hoping Jacksonville will be in an overreaching over accomplishing mode wanting to beat everyone to show their ability. After being stomped by San Francisco, they beat Tennessee whom I would think they would see below them as they did us. Beating us by only three points in a down to the wire race may have them overthinking things.

I am hoping Jacksonville will be in an overreaching over accomplishing mode wanting to beat everyone to show their ability. After being stomped by San Francisco, they beat Tennessee whom I would think they would see below them as they did us. Beating us by only three points in a down to the wire race may have them overthinking things.
Tied at 14 halftime

Tied 28-28 9 minutes

Last edited:
This is the can't let go thread. Now Myles Garrett is in the Watson thread. Mods should move all this to nfl thoughts thread. Next thing Mayfield and Manziel will be in here. Smh
It's fine where it is. I know you want the past to be washed away. For me this isn't about football, it's about having a place to remind people what a POS this guy is and it's still relevant because he's still got outstanding lawsuits against him. Are we going to start moving the Watt and A J. threads to the NFL section because they no longer play for the Texans and didn't finish their careers down on Kirby?

Exactly. The team is trending upwards, yet all things Browns are here. We should be happy they got rid of everything associated with the dumpster fire from the last 3 years. Jmo
Agreed, but posters need to be reminded that the face of the Browns franchise and the face of a sexual predator are one and the same.

The thread is supposed to be about the Watson trade. And the Browns still owe picks to the Texans, so the thread is still topical, as is the status of the Browns. But, that is over after the 2024 draft and Cleveland will be in the rearview mirror for good.

As unsettling as this whole Watson situation has been, 2023 has shown the Texans are in a better place than they were with Watson. A better coach (finally), a better QB, and a better chance at winning at championship. So it makes sense that this thread will die someday. Just not yet.
I'm sure you will make it die, although there will still be a significant number of posters that would still like to post things about Watson in this thread. If you do away with this thread can we start up another Watson thread without being banned or it being deleted?

I

The last statement of the article brings context to the relativeness to the NFL.

**************************************************************************************

Stakes of fight between Jimmy Haslam and Warren Buffett could be up to $1.2 billion
By Mike Florio
Published December 10, 2023 07:20 AM

In 2012, Jimmy Haslam paid $1 billion for the Browns. An ongoing legal fight between Haslam and Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway could involve even more than that.

As explained by Jonathan Weil of the Wall Street Journal, the battle over the value of the remaining 20 percent of Pilot Corp. to be purchased by Berkshire Hathaway could be worth as much as $1.2 billion.

The question is the value of the company. The more valuable it is, the more Buffett must pay for the final 20 percent. The lower the value, the less Buffett will pay.

The litigation centers on allegations by Haslam that Buffett is trying to do things to drive down the value. Buffett, in turn, claims that Haslam is trying to do things to increase the value.

That resulted in a recent allegation by Buffett that Haslam tried to bribe Pilot executives to inflate profits and, in turn, to increase the company’s value. Pilot has dismissed that allegation as “strategic inventions” and a “wild theory.”

Berkshire Hathaway already has paid $11 billion for 80 percent of the company. It’s that last 20 percent that has created a major mess.

It’s strange to think that really rich, and presumably really smart, people would allow something like this to happen. The parties either ignored or underestimated the potential havoc that could come from not having a clear and specific plan in place for applying an eventual value to the final 20 percent of the company.

Now, havoc has arrived. The legal process will sort it all out. If, along the way, Buffett’s people develop evidence showing that the allegation of attempted bribes by Haslam has merit, it will be very interesting to see whether the league does anything about it.

If, along the way, Buffett’s people develop evidence showing that the allegation of attempted bribes by Haslam has merit, it will be very interesting to see whether the league does anything about it.
The NFL owners will do nothing. It would set a precedent they don't want blowing up in their own face. Look what it took for them to deal with Snyder.

It's fine where it is. I know you want the past to be washed away. For me this isn't about football, it's about having a place to remind people what a POS this guy is and it's still relevant because he's still got outstanding lawsuits against him. Are we going to start moving the Watt and A J. threads to the NFL section because they no longer play for the Texans and didn't finish their careers down on Kirby?
What's Myles Garrett done to you? I've always thought he was a stand up guy.

Hurts a little bit, with all they've been going through, & how much we've been saying they suck that they have the same record we do & they're ahead of us in playoff seeding.

seeing this thread continue to pop up (even if I don't click on it) just salts the wound.

Hurts a little bit, with all they've been going through, & how much we've been saying they suck that they have the same record we do & they're ahead of us in playoff seeding.

seeing this thread continue to pop up (even if I don't click on it) just salts the wound.
Why do you get the salt in the wound feeling?

You should be happy that this happened. Losing Derrick is the best thing that ever happened to this franchise. They were never going to win a championship with Derrick.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving owner.

ESPN’s Deshaun Watson trade suggestion lacks logic despite coming from former GM
There aren’t even rumors of Deshaun Watson being on the trade market for a reason

Tannebaum, a former NFL GM, also said that Cleveland would get “an enormous amount of flexibility” by trading Watson. He’s wrong. According to Over the Cap, if the Browns trade Watson they will only gain $1 million in cap space this year and still have over $140 million in dead cap space allocated to Watson while saving around $57 million in cap:

Watson_Trade.png

So the first year of his 60+ million hit they are going to change OC s so if Watson is still not doing well he has the excuse that its a new offense and a new OC he is having to learn. Browns gonna Browns
Yep

They've built in excuses for this turd. Hopefully this will all be moot point and he will be playing for the Mean Machine soon

BTW, has anybody heard from Dee Ann Watson lately? I wonder who she's blaming all of this on now that she can't blame this on Hopkins anymore? She's gotta be a proud mother. SMH.

Yeah... when a guy starts making those kind of decisions, he's too far gone.

There is literally nothing about that decision that makes sense. You are already taking a hit so no avoiding that, you have an open guy like 3 yards from where you are throwing it, you are throwing it backwards so you are not going to save yards, there is no one there so you risk an intentional grounding flag or worse they rule it a fumble and the other team grabs it. Seriously there is a clear sign of "no Fs given" by Watson since he got that guaranteed money. Makes me triple glad to have CJ who so far looks like everything we thought Watson was both on and off the field.

There is literally nothing about that decision that makes sense. You are already taking a hit so no avoiding that, you have an open guy like 3 yards from where you are throwing it, you are throwing it backwards so you are not going to save yards, there is no one there so you risk an intentional grounding flag or worse they rule it a fumble and the other team grabs it. Seriously there is a clear sign of "no Fs given" by Watson since he got that guaranteed money. Makes me triple glad to have CJ who so far looks like everything we thought Watson was both on and off the field.
I do worry about who Strouds been hanging out with this weekend.

Many good men have been brought down by these women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back