Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the fact that he had just signed a 156 mil contract that wanted to get out of.

i dont think he wanted out of that..it was all part of the plan imo…Get the Texans over the barrel to where they HAVE to listen and do almost everything you want… or risk upsetting him..which upsetting your franchise qb is never a good look.

& if they won’t listen to you, as a star qb with a market, make their life miserable and ask for a trade to where YOU want to go…may not happen immediately, but they’ll eventually acquiese. Nearly worked to perfection except for the fact his civil suits sorta blew up his market ….temporarily at least.

Cal listened to Derrick and decided against hiring Khan.

What does having a say mean to you? To me, it doesn't mean Cal was going to hire Derrick's guy. Bet Cal never gives another player a say in who the GM is.
Are you really asking a question like that. You’re a business owner.

i dont think he wanted out of that..it was all part of the plan imo…Get the Texans over the barrel to where they HAVE to listen and do almost everything you want… or risk upsetting him..which upsetting your franchise qb is never a good look.

& if they won’t listen to you, as a star qb with a market, make their life miserable and ask for a trade to where YOU want to go…may not happen immediately, but they’ll eventually acquiese. Nearly worked to perfection except for the fact his civil suits sorta blew up his market ….temporarily at least.

Probably true, this is another reason I'm glad he's gone. Of course he's now got this power and another 100 mil in the bank after fleecing the Browns.

Are you really asking a question like that. You’re a business owner.

As a business owner I ask for input from my employees all of the time. But I make the final decisions. Sometimes I go along with their suggestions, sometimes not. Truth is Derrick has never been told no in his life. (One of the reasons he's going through what he's going through. Self inflicted wounds.) Cal told him no and Derrick did what any spoiled, selfish child would do. threw a fit and demanded a trade. Anyways, I'm just glad he's exited Kirby and hope the next time he visits Kirby he leaves on a stretcher. Of course with the Texans defense we know that's not going to happen.

Last edited:
As a business owner I ask for input from my employees all of the time. But I make the final decisions. Sometimes I go along with their suggestions, sometimes not. Truth is Derrick has never been told no in his life. (One of the reasons he's going through what he's going through. Self inflicted wounds.) Cal told him no and Derrick did what any soiled, selfish child would do. threw a fit and demanded a trade. Anyways, I'm just glad he's exited Kirby and hope the next time he visits Kirby he leaves on a stretcher. Of course with the Texans defense we know that's not going to happen.
Exactly but Cal made promises that he couldn’t keep. Because he didn’t inform him on the hire of Caserio. He heard through social media. Like you always claims around here, history repeats itself. Cal given power over this team who shouldn’t have it. B

All I will tell you is I thought he was overrated coming out of college and my thoughts haven't changed.
Being overrated and to use your statement, morally corrupt are entirely 2 different things. When you made the statement morally corrupt , I asked you how could've any team know as a draft prospect?

The Texans are the perfectly crappy warm up team to make sure he re-enters the NFL with a new highlight reel and we'll be forced to choke on them all week on ESPN and NFLN. I expect a slobberfest from all the doofus talking heads. I'll probably just avoid the sports shows when he returns.

As far as CnD, I have absolutely no doubt about his integrity and honesty and he's only reporting what he's been told. But, like you, I can only vouch for him, not his sources.
Its ok to stand up for the guy, especially CnD, but sources can be wrong. No harm no foul. I respect his opinions especially on the medical side.

Being overrated and to use your statement, morally corrupt are entirely 2 different things. When you made the statement morally corrupt , I asked you how could've any team know as a draft prospect?
Nope, but the team should have known and even if they didn't know when they drafted him, they should have known before they gave him that extension. Hire a PI to find out who a guy is before giving him a max extension.

Moral of the story is you need to be very careful on who you give max contracts too and yes this includes looking into the people that he's hanging out with. Is it fair? Nope, is it good business? You better believe it is.

Mills never had the potential to be a top 10 qb regardless of what they put around him. He wasn't even a good college player or did I miss something. Its been almost unheard of to be a avg or below avg college qb to be top 10 in the nfl. Mills would be the exception to the rule
That's your opinion, and there's no way to know based off his college career, since he played so little. We will never know now, I feel like the Texans screwed up the QB position again. Draft a QB and don't give him what he needs to succeed seems to be a tradition down on Kirby. Starting with Carr.

The Texans are the perfectly crappy warm up team to make sure he re-enters the NFL with a new highlight reel and we'll be forced to choke on them all week on ESPN and NFLN. I expect a slobberfest from all the doofus talking heads. I'll probably just avoid the sports shows when he returns.

As far as CnD, I have absolutely no doubt about his integrity and honesty and he's only reporting what he's been told. But, like you, I can only vouch for him, not his sources.
I hope they give up 70 points to the Browns as long as Derrick doesn't walk out of nrg without the use of crutches.

On a positive note, I'm going to get above face value for my tickets for that game.

You don't think they did a background check on him before they drafted him? C'mon, you can't be that dense. They had pi's at the jr high talking to teacher before they drafted my cousin in 1990 in the 1st rd. All 1st rd picks get vetted to the fullest, this isn't speculation, this is something I know. I'm also almost certain that if they had any inkling that he was doing what he was doing before his extension, something would've gotten out. Once a player show you he's trouble free and an upstanding person, why would they all of a sudden flip the switch and do what Watson is accused of? Nobody had a clue this was going on during Covid.
Because they knew what Derrick and Hopkins were doing. Just not to the extent he was doing what he was doing. Everybody knew he was he was chasing women and partying heavily, even with Covid. Look back on social media.

Biggest mistake Cal made was extending him when he didn't have too. 2nd biggest mistake Cal made was giving Derrick a voice in the GM/HC searches.

Hopefully Cal learned to watch who he does business with before a new QB is drafted.

Because they knew what Derrick and Hopkins were doing. Just not to the extent he was doing what he was doing. Everybody knew he was he was chasing women and partying heavily, even with Covid. Look back on social media.

Biggest mistake Cal made was extending him when he didn't have too. 2nd biggest mistake Cal made was giving Derrick a voice in the GM/HC searches.

Hopefully Cal learned to watch who he does business with before a new QB is drafted.
So there is some rule against chasing women or women chasing them? There is a rule about assaulting them, but not being sexually active unless I missed something.

So there is some rule against chasing women or women chasing them? There is a rule about assaulting them, but not being sexually active unless I missed something.
There's not a rule. But there are unwritten rules when you are giving a guy 156 mil to be the face of the franchise. Living a clean life and putting football 1st are 2 of those rules. If you choose to avoid those rules then chances are you will end up where the McNair's are today. This is what happens when you put making money over doing the right thing. Cal is getting exactly what he deserves.

BTW, we haven't heard from mamma Watson how proud she is of her boy anymore. Wonder how she's doing?

Yall never heard from her in the 1st place. When that stuff came about Peyton, did we hear from his mama? These are grown men last I checked.
We never heard from Peyton's momma telling us what a fine upstanding boy Peyton was. You heard stuff from Derrick's mamma all of the time.

Nothing more than 2 different families with totally different backgrounds.

We never heard from Peyton's momma telling us what a fine upstanding boy Peyton was. You heard stuff from Derrick's mamma all of the time.

Really? Every mama thinks their kid is the best kid especially one that got the family out of poverty. Peyton never lived in a donated house. We don't know what his mama thinks of him after the allegations at Tennessee, but it doesn't matter because mamas will always defend their kids right or wrong.

Really? Every mama thinks their kid is the best kid especially one that got the family out of poverty. Peyton never lived in a donated house. We don't know what his mama thinks of him after the allegations at Tennessee, but it doesn't matter because mamas will always defend their kids right or wrong.

Like I said, 2 different lifestyles

One you never heard of, the other you heard of regularly until the truth of his perversions came out. Why is that?

I always had a feeling he was a selfish phony but didn't say anything because I didn't want to be called a racist and you know that would've happened. I mean, I got called that because I said he was overrated.

When did I begin to feel this way about him personally, when he got baptized in the River Jordan. LMAO what a phony.

Like I said, 2 different lifestyles

One you never heard of, the other you heard of regularly until the truth of his perversions came out.

I always had a feeling he was a selfish phony but didn't say anything because I didn't want to be called a racist and you know that would've happened. I mean, I got called that because I said he was overrated.

When did I begin to feel this way about him personally, when he got baptized in the River Jordan. LMAO what a phony.
Nobody thinks you're a racist until you make racist accusations. You can dislike players and think they're phony all you want. Its when you peg a particular group of people like you did with the nigerian parents comment.

……ohhhh, little 47lb Derrick, toy’s don’t go up there, that’s only for pooing. Now get that out of there and go clean it up.

That seemed like positive advice.

This article is 2 weeks old...........Ward has not played since week 5 and was still limited today in practice. With this being his 3rd concussion (with the severity requiring lengthy rehab), he will be a significant risk for re-concussion upon return (for sure during this season, and going forward), as well as high risk for lower extremity injury.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Browns Send Message on Future of $100 Million Defender Amid Uncertainty
By J.R. De Groote
NOV

Denzel Ward missed his third consecutive game in concussion protocol on Monday, which has led to concerns about the highly-paid Cleveland Browns cornerback getting back on the field this season.

Ward sustained a blow to the head in Week 5 in a loss to the Los Angeles Chargers and has been unable to suit up since.
It’s the third concussion of Ward’s career, which has created additional concern about his future.

The Browns have been mostly mum on Ward’s situation but general manager Andrew Berry made it clear that they want to make sure he’s fully healthy before getting back on the field.

“We are listening to the medical experts there. Denzel is doing everything that he can to get back on the field,” Berry told reporters on Wednesday. I think everybody realizes here that concussions can be tricky and then just reality because you are dealing with your brain, we want to make sure that guys are healthy before they get back onto the field.”

The league modified concussion protocols midseason after a scary incident involving Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa that saw him get carted off the field.
https://heavy.com/fitness/future-ios-app/
“As such, as has been done in previous cases, based on the advice of the parties’ respective medical experts, the Protocol will be modified to enhance the safety of the players,” a statement from the league read. “Specifically, the term ‘ataxia’ has been added to the mandatory ‘no-go’ symptoms. ‘Ataxia’ is defined as abnormality of balance/stability, motor coordination or dysfunctional speech caused by a neurological issue. In other words, if a player is diagnosed with ‘ataxia’ by any club or neutral physician involved in the application of the Concussion Protocol, he will be prohibited from returning to the game, and will receive the follow-up care required by the Protocol.”
Injuries Have Been Bugaboo for Denzel Ward

Ward has never played a full season in his NFL career, being on the receiving end of some unfortunate injuries. He’s missed 16 games overall but has been a weapon when he is available, locking down one side of the field for the Browns.

He was awarded a $100.5 million extension this offseason, making him the highest paid at his position. While the injuries are a concern, the Browns really had no choice to lock Ward up due to his potential at a premium position.
Ward was having a tough season by his standards. He’s been targeted 25 times, allowing 16 catches for 293 yards. He registered 16 tackles and one interception but his Pro Football Focus grade of 39.8 was by far the worst of his career.

THE REST OF THE STORY

PFT
Browns like what they have seen from Deshaun Watson in practice
Posted by Charean Williams on November 17, 2022, 6:27 PM EST

Deshaun Watson can’t play until Dec. 4, but the Browns quarterback is practicing. His suspension allows for an acclimation period, so Watson returned to on-field work Wednesday.

He had last practiced Aug. 30, and he last played a regular-season game on Jan. 3, 2021, when he was still with the Texans.

Watson has spent most of the past 22 months working with personal quarterbacks coach Quincy Avery.
The Browns like what they have seen from Watson since his return to the team facility.

He looked good,” offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt said, via Chris Easterling of the Akron Beacon Journal. “I know he’s been working hard while he’s been away from the building. Excited to see him out there. He made some throws after practice in what we call an ‘opportunity period.’ You’re like, ‘Oh, OK, that’s impressive stuff.’ So he looks good. Continue to work him in. He’s been in the room for a while now, so I think he has a good understanding of how we work in a game week and transitioning him in when the time comes.”

The Browns traded for Watson on March 18. They have seen him only a few weeks since but enough to know they can’t wait to get Watson in their lineup.

Receiver Amari Cooper said he has seen “greatness on display” already.

The plan for Watson is unknown as the Browns aren’t talking about how they will handle practice reps. Jacoby Brissett remains the starter the next two games and presumably will take the bulk of first-team work.

Van Pelt, though, indicated Watson is getting at least some first-team reps.

“It’s not tough, but you just have to have intent on what you’re trying to get done,” Van Pelt said. “What reps that you can give Deshaun that you feel like Jacoby has a great understanding of that doesn’t actually need that rep again. So, you’re trying to make sure you have the right plays selected for Deshaun while, at the same time, not shorting Jacoby in his preparation.”

It was a historically stupid contract when Watson signed it. Still is, but Pandora's box can't be closed and that's why the league is circling the wagons. That contract will fundamentally change contract negotiations forever.. with a trickle down effect moving forward. Top tier stars/QBs will get these contracts today, everyone else tomorrow. Can't wait to see what kind of new revenue streams the league comes up with to pay for this?

What's sickening about this whole situation though isn't the guaranteed contracts.. That was going to happen eventually given our sports landscape, it was inevitable. What's sickening is a complete jackass made a p.o.s like Watson the first one.. After the fact of everything that came out. If that guy can get a guaranteed contract.. Hell yeah everyone else feels like they should have one too. Can't say they're wrong either given who already has one.

Snyder isn't the only owner they need to 86 from the league..

It was a historically stupid contract when Watson signed it. Still is, but Pandora's box can't be closed and that's why the league is circling the wagons. That contract will fundamentally change contract negotiations forever.. with a trickle down effect moving forward. Top tier stars/QBs will get these contracts today, everyone else tomorrow. Can't wait to see what kind of new revenue streams the league comes up with to pay for this?

What's sickening about this whole situation though isn't the guaranteed contracts.. That was going to happen eventually given our sports landscape, it was inevitable. What's sickening is a complete jackass made a p.o.s like Watson the first one.. After the fact of everything that came out. If that guy can get a guaranteed contract.. Hell yeah everyone else feels like they should have one too. Can't say they're wrong either given who already has one.

Snyder isn't the only owner they need to 86 from the league..
Cousins had the 1st fully guaranteed contract, not Watson. That 3 year deal he signed with Minny was fully guaranteed. Then after year 2, he got them again.

It just goes to show that western "karma" is just some imaginary BS we delude ourselves with at the end of the day. He acted like a complete lowlife and was rewarded as a result. It's disgusting.

It just goes to show that western "karma" is just some imaginary BS we delude ourselves with at the end of the day. He acted like a complete lowlife and was rewarded as a result. It's disgusting.

It's hilariously dense that people actually take that notion seriously.

The fact that people here have over decades completely misunderstood a deeply held religious principle from across the globe and applied that bassackwards 'idea' into a taboo-intrinsic sincere belief of their own is the most 'Murica thing imaginable.

I'm surprised it hasn't been branded somehow and found on a shelf at starbucks.

It's hilariously dense that people actually take that notion seriously.

The fact that people here have over decades completely misunderstood a deeply held religious principle from across the globe and applied that bassackwards 'idea' into a taboo-intrinsic sincere belief of their own is the most 'Murica thing imaginable.

I'm surprised it hasn't been branded somehow and found on a shelf at starbucks.

lol Yep. I don't have much room in my head for the imaginary mumblings of misunderstood western perceptions of these cosmic things. More than anything, the hippy dippy stuff just annoys me a little bit, especially when it's presented in an evangelical form of trying to convince me of it.

That's why I prefaced it with "western karma", because it's an uneducated lowest-common-denominator mental mudpie of much deeper concepts in Hinduism and Buddhism.

Truth is this Watson situation is just another symptom of the late stage capitalism that permeates the world these days.

/ :soapbox: lol

Last week against Houston, Watson failed to guide the Browns to a single offensive touchdown, and that streak continued deep into the third quarter of Sunday’s game.

Watson looked sharp between the 20s, but struggled in crucial situations. The Browns converted just four-of-15 third-down attempts, and failed to score on a do-or-die first-and-goal late in the fourth quarter. On that sequence, standing at the 6-yard line with less than six minutes remaining in the game, Watson threw three straight incompletions to all directions of the field — right, center, left — and that effectively ended Cleveland’s hopes for a sixth straight victory over Cincinnati. link

You just proved there's no collusion
The 2020 2-year contract he signed was fully guaranteed, but the no trade clause was removed. This year the no trade clause was reinstated with a 1 year extension..

Watson's Browns contract is essentially a no trade 5 year contract, since the only thing that could break the contract is if he was caught doing the same thing he did in Houston (and got caught)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back