Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 staying or going?

On May 1st 2021 DeShawn Watson will be:

• Total voters

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Idk if GOD Jack gets fired then maybe he might stay

but Easterby is Undefted in this GOT game its looking like he has all the power now

i think he will get traded if a team gives us a killer deal if not well i guess hes sitting for 2 years

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Prior to JJ getting his release. I would have said that we have a 15-25% chance of Watson staying.

Now that JJ got his release. I see the odds of Watson ever putting on a Texans jersey again is 0% and the only way it would be above 0% is if Cal sold the team.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Honestly I don’t care anymore & I’m numb to it all at this point. Until the season starts that’s all these local guys wanna talk about...even though there been no new news for weeks. 2020 was a shitty year & 2021 so far is shaping up to be more **** & I’ve got more important things to think about other than where DW4 is gonna make his next 20+ million. Whether he goes or stays, I know where I’ll be come the start of the new season. Right in front of my TV watching the Texans.

Last edited:

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
I really liked watching him play. He is a special player. If Easterby stays, he’s gone. Cal can’t quit jack, so i think he’s gone. I think they really want zach wilson because he’s the right........fit.
I believe Wilson is the best QB in this draft ....

IF the Texans were to move Watson , getting the #2 pick (along with a load of other picks) and drafting Wilson is my ideal outcome.

But as I've said elsewhere , I don't want them to trade Watson - its bad for the league.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
If there's one thing I've learned with the Texans over the last 18 months - take whatever the dumbest possible option is and expect the reality to be worse than that.

IF he's willing to sit out the entire season , there really is no right answer here.

Trade him and eat the cap hit and need a new QB .... Don't trade him and he sits the entire year OR tries to report with 6 games left to get credit for the season.

There aint no happy ending here.

Dejaview

All Pro
Screw him. Let him sit out. Just wait, people get desperate, just by looking at land prices here in the hill country. If he doesn’t want to play here let him lose money and let other teams get desperate. Texans are in the drivers seat and I believe Caserio is aware of that. If he doesn’t want to play here no harm then in letting him fall on the sword of his contract.

Dejaview

All Pro
He's gone get what you can for him bite the bullet to get the cap back in order and do the rebuild the right way.
You don’t need to “bite the bullet” in this case. Just wait. Not costing you anything if he doesn’t report. Do you honestly think jumping the gun here to trade him vs waiting a bit is smart? He’s out of the league now. just how bad does he or someone want him back in it? this is contract law. Equality sucks.

Dejaview

All Pro
As
I think he stays and I think he plays but how good will an unmotivated and unhappy quarterback play? His instincts won't fail him but there's no way he gives 100%. Not unless something very drastic happens at the top of the organization and that seems highly unlikely.
As it should. What do the Texans owe him? he Actually owes the Texans years of good play according to the fantastically good faith contract he signed. Texans made drastic changes at the top of their organization. Have you read the news?

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
He'll sit out all but the last 6 games of the season just to make sure he gets season credit.

And then, in classic Houston sports tragedy fashion, he'll sustain a major injury thusly destroying whatever trade value he had.

Last edited:

Dejaview

All Pro
He'll sit out all but the last 6 games of the season just to make sure he gets season credit.

And then, in classic Houston sports tragedy fashion, he'll sustain a majory injury thusly destroying whatever trade value he had.
i don’t know the answer but can a player sit out ten games without injury or physical reason and ignoring a contract just to come back for the last six games to get a “season credit”? why doesn’t everybody do it then? Texans can just keep him on the bench to increase his trade value, right? lol, folks portray scenarios as an attack point and fools jump in as if this will happen just to perpetuate a ***** point. Lol.

i don’t know the answer but can a player sit out ten games without injury or physical reason and ignoring a contract just to come back for the last six games to get a “season credit”? why doesn’t everybody do it then? Texans can just keep him on the bench to increase his trade value, right? lol, folks portray scenarios as an attack point and fools jump in as if this will happen just to perpetuate a ***** point. Lol.
I think he still forfeits his salary for games he sits out but would get credit towards the season eating away one year of his new contract.

powda

Players HAVE done it. The rest is just an expectation of Houston folk lore to continue. You can want him to stay or go. My post doesn't perpetuate either agenda. But thanks.

Dejaview

All Pro
I think he still forfeits his salary for games he sits out but would get credit towards the season eating away one year of his new contract.
Thanks and this makes sense. so at the end of his extension this activity will net him around one year of pay If the lunacy continues. Lol what an idiot scenario folks buy into on this board. That guy will be crawling the walls four months into his extension...and so will a contender with a QB injury if we want to base scenarios on injury speculations.

powda

Lol what an idiot scenario folks buy into on this board. That guy will be crawling the walls four months into his extension...and so will a contender with a QB injury if we want to base scenarios on injury speculations.

That could happen. Or maybe, another idiot scenario folks buy on this board. Time will tell. I like your scenario far better than mine.

I honestly don’t see Watson buckling here. Not sure it is worth trying to wait him out but admittedly we can never expect to see equal value in return if we did trade him.

Dejaview

All Pro
That could happen. Or maybe, another idiot scenario folks buy on this board. Time will tell. I like your scenario far better than mine.
Personally I would just like to read opinions as to his status/trade value from those more knowledgeable than mine as to likely outcomes based On the facts seemingly available. if he’s not going to play for you that should make no difference that he’s not on the 53. Not costing the Texans money. What’s his market value? True market value is not the highest offer...that’s an aberration. TMV is really an average of a consensus of offers. But this is the NFL. Id wait, if it is decided to trade him, for that aberration. Shouldn’t take long but I just wish I saw more folks here say screw him unless it works for the Texans and not to his demands. I think the Texans can go a long way to winning back the fan base if they get this right. Good test for our new GM.

powda

Personally I would just like to read opinions as to his status/trade value from those more knowledgeable than mine as to likely outcomes based On the facts seemingly available. if he’s not going to play for you that should make no difference that he’s not on the 53. Not costing the Texans money. What’s his market value? True market value is not the highest offer...that’s an aberration. TMV is really an average of a consensus of offers. But this is the NFL. Id wait, if it is decided to trade him, for that aberration. Shouldn’t take long but I just wish I saw more folks here say screw him unless it works for the Texans and not to his demands. I think the Texans can go a long way to winning back the fan base if they get this right. Good test for our new GM.
Jmo. If he's a no show for April 5 workouts its time to move on. If management can't fix this rift in 2 plus months I dont expect they'll do it in 7 to start the season. If he's going to be traded, it has to happen before the draft otherwise you set a rebuild back a whole year.

powerfuldragon

Enchilada Aficionado.
If he leaves, I can't hate him for it. I can't even rationalize spending another one of my own dollars on anything this team's selling for the foreseeable future. There's a dumpster-fire over there 'round 610 and Kirby, and staying in those fumes can't be good for one's health.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

And then, in classic Houston sports tragedy fashion, he'll sustain a major injury thusly destroying whatever trade value he had.
You bench him then.

Dont want to ruin your tank job.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I honestly don’t see Watson buckling here. Not sure it is worth trying to wait him out but admittedly we can never expect to see equal value in return if we did trade him.
Depends on what you think his value is.

You probably value him a lot more than I do.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Jmo. If he's a no show for April 5 workouts its time to move on. If management can't fix this rift in 2 plus months I dont expect they'll do it in 7 to start the season. If he's going to be traded, it has to happen before the draft otherwise you set a rebuild back a whole year.
Would you rather get trade him for pennies on the dollar before this yrs draft, or tank in 2021 and get a high pick of your own in 2022, then trade DW4 for a bounty and basically control the 2022 draft?

powda

Would you rather get trade him for pennies on the dollar before this yrs draft, or tank in 2021 and get a high pick of your own in 2022, then trade DW4 for a bounty and basically control the 2022 draft?

I dunno if it works that way. I think they can get a great deal before the draft if they actually shop him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If he leaves, I can't hate him for it. I can't even rationalize spending another one of my own dollars on anything this team's selling for the foreseeable future. There's a dumpster-fire over there 'round 610 and Kirby, and staying in those fumes can't be good for one's health.
Depends on if they get the rebuild right.

Dejaview

All Pro
he doesn’t have to approve any trade he doesn’t want. That doesn’t give him any power like some think. Know how to fix that? Sweat him out. No way he will want to lose these next four years.

powda

It can work that way.

I'm with you though, if Caserio gets the deal he's looking for he should pull the trigger.

With the right deal they control the 21 and 22 draft. Its better then holding a pissy qb who doesn't want to be here and plays half azzed when he does see the field. God knows what will happen in the locker room.

powda

he doesn’t have to approve any trade he doesn’t want. That doesn’t give him any power like some think. Know how to fix that? Sweat him out. No way he will want to lose these next four years.

I agree mostly. Contractually the Texans can do it and he may fold. Abstractly, who the f wants a dead season where aj maccaron starts the bulk of games? This is lining up perfectly to be a 1-15 year. The cost is more then seats and concessions. Its future Fandom.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
With the right deal they control the 21 and 22 draft. Its better then holding a pissy qb who doesn't want to be here and plays half azzed when he does see the field. God knows what will happen in the locker room.
If they get the right deal then yes, if not then they should hold onto him. I dont care if the locker room is pissy or not 2021 is the yr of the tank and most of those guys will be gone by 2022.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I agree mostly. Contractually the Texans can do it and he may fold. Abstractly, who the f wants a dead season where aj maccaron starts the bulk of games? This is lining up perfectly to be a 1-15 year. The cost is more then seats and concessions. Its future Fandom.
How many more seats will 1-15 cost you than 4-12?

With DW4 I could see 4-12. With McCarron who cares if they go 1-15?