Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 staying or going?

On May 1st 2021 DeShawn Watson will be:

• Total voters
How many more seats will 1-15 cost you than 4-12?

With DW4 I could see 4-12. With McCarron who cares if they go 1-15?

I think a guy like Zach Wilson would bring attention vs Watson sitting out.

At least there's a future in that.

I don't know the cost of victories and losses. I'd wager cal doesn't yet either. Maybe Jack can tell him.

I'm just using logic, if another gm decides Watson is a superbowl caliber qb, how bad do they think the team will be with Watson? If Caserio is thinking the same, then basically all you're getting for Watson is a middle of the 1st rd pick. So basically most people are assuming no other gms are evaluating qbs

Man you should have clear understanding on what people thinks on this situation. You have chimed in on that lengthy thread as well. So what’s the point of rehashing those thoughts again.

Who is your post directed at?

**** hostage takers.

Trade him. Get a bunch of picks. Get Zach Wilson and a bunch of starters and move forward without his cancerous ass.

But also, **** hostage takers. Don't give into their demands and ruin the league going forward.

I seriously hate Watson. His actions have vaulted him up my list of most hated sports athletes ever for this ****. I could never root for this jabroni ever again even if he did play.

Ultimately I think he'll be traded and the league as we know it will be further ruined than it already is. Either that or we try to hold on and call his bluff and we're left holding the bag by not getting a bunch of picks for him when we could have.

**** him. Scumbag.

**** hostage takers.

Trade him. Get a bunch of picks. Get Zach Wilson and a bunch of starters and move forward without his cancerous ass.

But also, **** hostage takers. Don't give into their demands and ruin the league going forward.

I seriously hate Watson. His actions have vaulted him up my list of most hated sports athletes ever for this ****. I could never root for this jabroni ever again even if he did play.

Ultimately I think he'll be traded and the league as we know it will be further ruined than it already is. Either that or we try to hold on and call his bluff and we're left holding the bag by not getting a bunch of picks for him when we could have.

**** him. Scumbag.

Love your post but I hope you don't exclude the Franchise from this debacle.

IF he's willing to sit out the entire season , there really is no right answer here.

Trade him and eat the cap hit and need a new QB .... Don't trade him and he sits the entire year OR tries to report with 6 games left to get credit for the season.

There aint no happy ending here.

Only positive ending is trade him. We can get picks and add some framework. Then with a 1st from the trade or our own next year...draft a QB. Draft everything but a QB this year. We could have 5 top 50-60 picks for a Watson trade. I say talk to the Jets and Dolphins for starters.

I think a guy like Zach Wilson would bring attention vs Watson sitting out.
Now imagine Watson does not agree to be traded to a team with a top ten pick in 2021.

Some guy came on 610 saying Watson has a list of teams he would consider. The Jets are definitely not on the list & Miami is not high on the list.

Many look at this with the best scenario in Houston’s favor. But reality is not going to be that way.

If Watson waves the NTC because he wants out, maybe we can see a trade before the draft. But if his preferred destination is San Francisco I wouldn’t expect that to happen.

Now imagine Watson does not agree to be traded to a team with a top ten pick in 2021.

Some guy came on 610 saying Watson has a list of teams he would consider. The Jets are definitely not on the list & Miami is not high on the list.

Many look at this with the best scenario in Houston’s favor. But reality is not going to be that way.

If Watson waves the NTC because he wants out, maybe we can see a trade before the draft. But if his preferred destination is San Francisco I wouldn’t expect that to happen.

I’m beginning to wonder if this is why the Texans are so vehement about hanging on to Watson. If you want out fine, but you have to allow the team to do what is best for the team. You can’t sign a contract then several months later ask for a trade then turn around and say I’ll only go to certain teams. I like Watson but if he gets pissy about only going to certain teams then F him

Never thought of it before but is a NTC like a line item veto or must it be waved in its entirety? Wonder what the fine print says. If it’s a line item, Let him sweat.

Only positive ending is trade him. We can get picks and add some framework. Then with a 1st from the trade or our own next year...draft a QB. Draft everything but a QB this year. We could have 5 top 50-60 picks for a Watson trade. I say talk to the Jets and Dolphins for starters.

That's a semi positive outcome for the team but even then , they aren't made whole financially nor in terms of talent at the most important position in all of professional sports. They'll be paying a top 8 QB $5.4m per year to play for another team for the next 4 years.

The cap issue is one that really disturbs be as it allows high prices players to manipulate the cap , leaving bonus money on another teams single year cap creating a financial advantage that lasts as long as the contract.

And what about the impact on the league itself ? That is more damaging to the sport than anything that could happen to an individual team. Turning the NFL from a league of relative parity where half the league has a chance and there's turnover from year to year to one where 2-3 teams have any reasonable shot at winning it all just like the NBA.

There's a whole lot more going on here than just the Texans getting 5 picks in the top 50.

Why did this crap have happen to Houston. First the Astros with that cheating stuff. Then Rockets with that quitter ash Harden. And now the Texans and Watson.

Astros caught punished so bad because the league wanted to make an example and the Astros beat out the mega money teams of the Yankees and Dodgers to win. Believe me every other team is doing their own recording.

Rockets were doing what you have to do in the NBA in making their superstar happy but unlike LeBron James, Harden isn’t good enough to win it all himself so it wasn’t getting the Rockets anywhere. The questions were starting to be asked if Harden was really as good as advertised so he had to get out before it started affecting his “brand”.

Watson is showing his immaturity and the fact that sports wise the world has been his oyster. You look at his history and he has never been on an actual bad team or had to face a losing season. I think he is getting his first real taste of losing and he doesn’t like it. Rather than saying ok how can I help fix this he is listening to his agent say “DeShaun you’re better than this, we can take the money and get you on a championship team. Just leave everything to me and ghost the Texans.” That’s my theory and opinion anyway.

As far as why this happens to Houston I think it’s because this city has a reputation as just a dirty, blue collar city with a bunch of hicks and rednecks. Most of the other cities don’t like us but we are such a major part of the countries economic foundation they need us, which makes them hate us more. Running our teams down, pointing out every little flaw and always shining a bad light on us is an easy way to get digs in without repercussions.

Why did this crap have happen to Houston. First the Astros with that cheating stuff. Then Rockets with that quitter ash Harden. And now the Texans and Watson.

It's Houston. Mosquitoes, heat, humidity, hurricanes and the occasional ice storm, plus a street system that does double duty as city water reservoirs. What else could you ask for? Ancient Indian burial grounds with sports stadiums built on top of them? We got those too.

Even if he plays, we are screwed for quite a while. The team really stinks now because of the idiot Obrien and the idiots running the show now. What the hell could you do without waiting a few years to get a contender? Not a complaint, just a fact.

That's a semi positive outcome for the team but even then , they aren't made whole financially nor in terms of talent at the most important position in all of professional sports. They'll be paying a top 8 QB $5.4m per year to play for another team for the next 4 years.

The cap issue is one that really disturbs be as it allows high prices players to manipulate the cap , leaving bonus money on another teams single year cap creating a financial advantage that lasts as long as the contract.

And what about the impact on the league itself ? That is more damaging to the sport than anything that could happen to an individual team. Turning the NFL from a league of relative parity where half the league has a chance and there's turnover from year to year to one where 2-3 teams have any reasonable shot at winning it all just like the NBA.

There's a whole lot more going on here than just the Texans getting 5 picks in the top 50.

I know, and I'm thinking that all GMs will have to start doing 4yr rookie deals. Then have to sit down with a therapist and the player. And play 50 questions about how happy with the team and staff they are... probably with a newly added NFL lie detector. Then ONLY if the therapist and lie detector show legit that they are not going anywhere...sign a contract for a year. Then repeat the process.

Even if he plays, we are screwed for quite a while. The team really stinks now because of the idiot Obrien and the idiots running the show now. What the hell could you do without waiting a few years to get a contender? Not a complaint, just a fact.

OB didn't do much. As it turns out Easterby is why DHop was traded. You can put Tunsill on OB I think. DHop was Easterby telling Cal (after something happened involving DHop) that he was not the type player who we should have. I think it was his wanting a new contract. Really, Cal and Easterby are involved in most of the odd things that have happened. I'm thinking OB was made GM until this off-season and then they planned to go after Nick again or another GM. But, after the KC game and as bad as the season started... Easterby probably told Cal that OB needed replaced. You know the guy part responsible for his being here, insert backstabbing. Cal being the gullable fool he is went with it.

So, I don't blame OB for much he won some division titles and playoff games. He just didn't want to alter the system and it let him down. A good RB and better D and who knows what he could have done.

Astros caught punished so bad because the league wanted to make an example and the Astros beat out the mega money teams of the Yankees and Dodgers to win. Believe me every other team is doing their own recording.

Rockets were doing what you have to do in the NBA in making their superstar happy but unlike LeBron James, Harden isn’t good enough to win it all himself so it wasn’t getting the Rockets anywhere. The questions were starting to be asked if Harden was really as good as advertised so he had to get out before it started affecting his “brand”.

Watson is showing his immaturity and the fact that sports wise the world has been his oyster. You look at his history and he has never been on an actual bad team or had to face a losing season. I think he is getting his first real taste of losing and he doesn’t like it. Rather than saying ok how can I help fix this he is listening to his agent say “DeShaun you’re better than this, we can take the money and get you on a championship team. Just leave everything to me and ghost the Texans.” That’s my theory and opinion anyway.

As far as why this happens to Houston I think it’s because this city has a reputation as just a dirty, blue collar city with a bunch of hicks and rednecks. Most of the other cities don’t like us but we are such a major part of the countries economic foundation they need us, which makes them hate us more. Running our teams down, pointing out every little flaw and always shining a bad light on us is an easy way to get digs in without repercussions.
IMHO. The outside perception has nothing to do with the city or fans. It starts with stupid decisions by team ownership and management leading to the Astros cheating, the situation with Harden and this nonsense with Watson.

If Hinch and Luhnow were stronger leaders they would have put a stop to the nonsense. They allowed Beltran and Cora to influence and stain their locker room. That's on manager and GM. Not the city or fans.
For years, the Rockets have coddled Harden. Staying extra nights in cities he likes. Waiting for him to arrive before starting meetings and practices. That again is coach and GM reaping what they sowed.

No NFL team would promote a coach to GM after 51-7. No team would promote a character coach to EVP of football operations. No team is getting involved with moms, baby mammas or any of this crap that does not help you win football games. If Cal McNair does not make those boneheaded decisions, I doubt we have this nonsense with Watson or Watt leaving. They would be retooling the roster and not rebuilding. So, again, it's a management issue that leads to the perception that they don't know what the hell they are doing.

Houston being the laughing stock of the sporting world has nothing to do with the city's reputation or fans. We are a joke because of the dumbassery of the McNairs, BOB, Morey, D'Antoni, Hinch, and Luhnow. It's on them. I don't even include Easterby in my list because Cal and BOB brought him here and empowered him.

Last edited:
IMHO. The outside perception has nothing to do with the city or fans. It starts with stupid decisions by team ownership and management leading to the Astros cheating, the situation with Harden and this nonsense with Watson.

If Hicks and Luhnow were stronger leaders they would have put a stop to the nonsense. They allowed Beltran and Cora to influence and stain their locker room. That's on manager and GM. Not the city or fans.
For years, the Rockets have coddled Harden. Staying extra nights in cities he likes. Waiting for him to arrive before starting meetings and practices. That again is coach and GM reaping what they sowed.

No NFL team would promote a coach to GM after 51-7. No team would promote a character coach to EVP of football operations. No team is getting involved with moms, baby mammas or any of this crap that does not help you win football games. If Cal McNair does not make those boneheaded decisions, I doubt we have this nonsense with Watson or Watt leaving. They would be retooling the roster and not rebuilding. So, again, it's a management issue that leads to the perception that they don't know what the hell they are doing.

Houston being the laughing stock of the sporting world has nothing to do with the city's reputation or fans. We are a joke because of the dumbassery of the McNairs, BOB, Morey, D'Antoni, Hicks, and Luhnow. It's on them. I don't even include Easterby in my list because Cal and BOB brought him here and empowered him.

Earl excellent breakdown. Man I just hate it’s almost every Pro team in Houston.

I’m beginning to wonder if this is why the Texans are so vehement about hanging on to Watson. If you want out fine, but you have to allow the team to do what is best for the team. You can’t sign a contract then several months later ask for a trade then turn around and say I’ll only go to certain teams. I like Watson but if he gets pissy about only going to certain teams then F him
There should be a direct correlation on Watsons flexibility in terms of potential teams he'd play for with his desire to get out of Houston therefor I think the Texans organization can get value for Watson once ownership finally understands Watsons commitment not to ever
play for the Texans again.

There should be a direct correlation on Watsons flexibility in terms of potential teams he'd play for with his desire to get out of Houston therefor I think the Texans organization can get value for Watson once ownership finally understands Watsons commitment not to ever
play for the Texans again.

As I've said elsewhere, April 5 will determine a lot.

Another interesting scenario I read was Carolina at the top of the list in wanting Watson. McCaffrey and (3) RD1 picks. Even with Caf....I’d like to see a couple more picks included. One in 21 and one in 22 would make more sense. Mostly b/c of Caf’s injury history.

He made a statement recently about not wanting to go to a team that is crippled in making his acquisition.

Screw the fact that the Texans take an immediate $27m cap hit for all his bonus money which his new team would benefit from for 4 years.

You can be crippled in the deal but I don't want to be.

This guy is some kinda selfish.

He made a statement recently about not wanting to go to a team that is crippled in making his acquisition.

Screw the fact that the Texans take an immediate $27m cap hit for all his bonus money which his new team would benefit from for 4 years.

You can be crippled in the deal but I don't want to be.

This guy is some kinda selfish.

My theory is he believes the Texans owe him for not putting a championship team around him. I’m noticing this in a lot of these pro athletes these days that the money from their contract isn’t enough that they are owed championships to. Think this was what Favre was talking about, just Favre was not the right person to say it. Now if Marino or Moon had said it that would be a different story.

My theory is he believes the Texans owe him for not putting a championship team around him. I’m noticing this in a lot of these pro athletes these days that the money from their contract isn’t enough that they are owed championships to. Think this was what Favre was talking about, just Favre was not the right person to say it. Now if Marino or Moon had said it that would be a different story.
If that’s the case I can’t ever see him winning a championship

He did say several times this past season, he wasn’t use to losing.

Favre has every right to say what he said because he did put in 20 years of hard work with the Green Bay Packers. He also took a massive beating over there as well. Dude just didn’t want to be the backup quarterback over there, so he requested to be traded. Granted they didn’t have social media like this, he did go talk to the management over there verses hiding behind his agent and Twitter.

I think he is here, and I want him here for the duration of his career. However, with the way this franchise is ran, you may as well finish burning it down and urinate on the ashes and start from scratch so we can screw that up too.

I think you hit the nail on the head earlier in this thread. He's acting immature. Much was given to the young man and he doesn't know how to handle it. Not just money. Someone gave him the idea that money equates to power and he was made to believe with that power he could influence who the Texans hired to be his "boss".

The question now is, when's he going to grow the (bleep) up? He's "ghosting" not only Cal McNair and the team he's put together, he's doing it to his own fans in Houston. He's dumped them like they meant nothing.

BTW, what's this thread without this song...

More people now in Houston are saying Watson should go.

Ok so then how would you fix it?
I’d sit him down, acknowledge his issue & tell him he’s got every reason to be upset. But explain it’s a new day, I’m (Nick Caserio) here.

Cal is Cal, he’s the boss. He’s got his vision for the team, you (Watson) have yours. My job is to make them work together. & that’s the way it’s going to be no matter where you go.

Here’s our HC, David Culley. He made an impression on me when I entered the league. You made an impression on me as well. The things you’ve said & done got me thinking about David Culley.

Like I said, great guy, great coach. But no one has ever given him a shot. This thing you talk about that’s so prevalent in our society, in the NFL has been an obstacle to men like him for a long time.

He’s a great coach, a great human being. Check him out. Listen to the coaches he’s coached with, the players he’s coached. He’s got a champion’s heart. He just needs a chance.

We need you to give him a chance.

I’d sit him down, acknowledge his issue & tell him he’s got every reason to be upset. But explain it’s a new day, I’m (Nick Caserio) here.

Cal is Cal, he’s the boss. He’s got his vision for the team, you (Watson) have yours. My job is to make them work together. & that’s the way it’s going to be no matter where you go.

Here’s our HC, David Culley. He made an impression on me when I entered the league. You made an impression on me as well. The things you’ve said & done got me thinking about David Culley.

Like I said, great guy, great coach. But no one has ever given him a shot. This thing you talk about that’s so prevalent in our society, in the NFL has been an obstacle to men like him for a long time.

He’s a great coach, a great human being. Check him out. Listen to the coaches he’s coached with, the players he’s coached. He’s got a champion’s heart. He just needs a chance.

Antagonist reply:

That sounds great but in the same token, this is MY career and I have proven that I am willing to do everything within me to help this team win. So far the management has failed to do their part. The decisions that have been made have not worked, so I have no faith or trust that anything will be different with new people because the root of the decision making is the same.

Management wants to regain trust and show good faith? It starts with removing JE from the organization. Coaches always have good intent and we as players follow instruction as given so Culley is not a factor in my decision.

I'm not enthused about a rebuild, talk to me about how you're going to fix the personnel issues on the team.

Here are the list of teams I willing to waive my no trade clause to facilitate a trade, you can negotiate max value with them.

Future communications are to be made through my agent.

I agree entirely, trouble is he isn’t taking the Texans phone calls or if recent posts are any indication is even in town much. So you have a player that won’t take your phone calls, is speaking only through cryptic tweets and has seemed to have adopted the position of “I have asked for a trade and that’s the final word.” so again how do you fix that?

Back