Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Drunk Texans Talk

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Very drunk, not at all Texans, but fits the past few posts ... how in the hell did I get gnats and how to I get rid of them? I have no fruit or veggies to have brought them in (neighbors certainly do), but I can't seem to kill them fast enough or at the source.
When you wash food down your drain, garage disposal a film builds up and the gnats lay there eggs in this film. Bleach doesn't kill the eggs. There is a foam called hot spot that you can get from a company called Univar or another company called Solutions They are at various locations around Houston and Dallas.

Use a fogger to kill the existing gnats. Then put the hot spot in all of the drains in the house and that should do the trick. Depending on how bad they are you may need to do this again in thirty days.

Reactions: JB

ShinobiMusashi

Waterboy
Very drunk, not at all Texans, but fits the past few posts ... how in the hell did I get gnats and how to I get rid of them? I have no fruit or veggies to have brought them in (neighbors certainly do), but I can't seem to kill them fast enough or at the source.
I got overrun by them during the winter, drove me crazy to where i was like the old dude with the roaches in Creepshow. I tried everything, sticky traps, leaving bleach in all my drains every night, i even figured out that they are madly attracted to coffee so i set up coffee traps in styrofoam cups all around the house. That killed a lot of them but still wouldnt get rid of them. Finally i figured out the source of the problem was all of my plants that i brought inside the house to protect them from a freeze. No more plants no more gnats

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I got overrun by them during the winter, drove me crazy to where i was like the old dude with the roaches in Creepshow. I tried everything, sticky traps, leaving bleach in all my drains every night, i even figured out that they are madly attracted to coffee so i set up coffee traps in styrofoam cups all around the house. That killed a lot of them but still wouldnt get rid of them. Finally i figured out the source of the problem was all of my plants that i brought inside the house to protect them from a freeze. No more plants no more gnats
You can spray your plants with a eco friendly oil and get rid of them. And still keep the plants in the house.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Something to ponder.
If Watson and Watt can stay healthy and perform at a high level, Texans will have a luxury not many teams have - a talented leader on both sides of the ball.
This alone could be a huge factor for success for this team.
Now add that there is other talent to assist them (on both sides of the ball), like Nuk, and Clowney/Mercilus, and I think this team could be a surprise packet.
But, it all depends on health - which has not been kind to us in recent years.

austins23

Hall of Fame
Something to ponder.
If Watson and Watt can stay healthy and perform at a high level, Texans will have a luxury not many teams have - a talented leader on both sides of the ball.
This alone could be a huge factor for success for this team.
Now add that there is other talent to assist them (on both sides of the ball), like Nuk, and Clowney/Mercilus, and I think this team could be a surprise packet.
But, it all depends on health - which has not been kind to us in recent years.
Damn you've definitely been drinking...no way this team stays healthy all year.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Damn you've definitely been drinking...no way this team stays healthy all year.
That can be said by just about every single team in the league. (Hell the Eagles won a SB without their MVP frontrunner QB) Injuries are part of the game..we just finally need a break when it comes to our blue chip players.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Quality depth is where your bread is buttered b/c injuries are simply part of the game. Texans have missed on quality depth for so long that it has become an albatross for this team. It sucks that Gaine's first draft was handicapped but overall I think he did a pretty good job. 2019 will be the off-season and draft for him to show Texans fans that he has the goods to build a team.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I'm feeling miserable. I am so very sorry I doubted X player was gonna be the MVP...

Actually, I don't give a fvck, but I'm on a newfangled PB/Jelly/Bourbon/Water diet and I get crazier from time to time

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm feeling miserable. I am so very sorry I doubted X player was gonna be the MVP...

Actually, I don't give a fvck, but I'm on a newfangled PB/Jelly/Bourbon/Water diet and I get crazier from time to time
Water...?!?
WTF for??

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
you lactose intolerant or something?

I actually had to back off milk myself a while back
I would have to go to the store everyday to keep myself in milk... and water is free with 0 fat

Scooter

Funky
I have no one to blame but myself. My 'give-a-sht' turned south when O'Brien was hired. I moved out of Houston last year and several of our games weren't on local tv, and I sadly didn't care - I did laundry or something else more productive on Sundays. For the first time, I actively skipped Texans games - in a single season doubling the number of missed games (all previous due to travel). I didn't want to be that fan this season, I wanted to be excited and optimistic and hope for the best - I can't even remember the last time I participated in the gameday thread. And I was that fan for two games ... and now I'm not, because why bother? O'Brien just needs 3 more years and more talent. Of course, in 3 years and with more talent he'll still not be in a better position than he was than he was when he inherited the team - but let's not pay attention to that.

I do find the excuses funny. Injuries, Rick Smith, Watson ... some posters taking epically hypocritical to a whole new level.

Oh well, hopefully the team will at least provide some decent story lines for me to read on Monday.

Last edited:

Scooter

Funky
Ouch, it's been a while since I've overdone it that much. I don't remember much of anything, we won yesterday right? I think I'm going to spend the next day or two in bed lol.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
FVCK! Reading two hours worth of comments on this forum is more painful than watching 3 hours of the Texans. Must remember not to do that again

Last edited:

banned1976

sleeper mode
I’m wondering how much pre game drunk Texans talk there will be today? Or is that already occurring in a different thread(s)?

Scooter

Funky
I'll stay here because I'm smashed and getting repetitive. Romeo is frustrating me. We could have a front that looks a lot like Superbowl winning Giants, who essentially won with their front 4. Watt and Clowney at DT, Mercilus and Ejiofor at DE in our nickel package. That gives us strength, speed and penetration - and allows for better matchups. It also allows our rushers to build their rhythm and setups instead of subbing late or (in the case of Mercilus) dropping into coverage. Switch back to a 34 base with Reader in the middle and Clowney at ROLB in standard and heavy situations. But, we're missing a great opportunity to attack quarterbacks with 4 down linemen which would do wonders for mixing coverage schemes.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Still drumk, I wonder how stupid some of these posts are going to sound later. People really should have learned not to quote me by now ... because I'll respond.
Utuiner
Atu tough but there is a beauty in silence. Often people will say something 10x as stupid just to fill the void.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Utuiner
Atu tough but there is a beauty in silence. Often people will say something 10x as stupid just to fill the void.

Never got drumk enough to understand this since 1971... probably would have made since after 1/2 gallon gin (why I don't drink gin anymore).

where's all my rooowdy Texan drumk fr8iends>

Scooter

Funky
Drumk bitching in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I'm so tired of being disappointed after a win. That's NOT how it's supposed to be. We look like crap, play like crap (as many defensive touchdowns as offensive this week), and are somehow less crappy than the opponents thanks to ... hell I don't even know what to call it at this point other than gifts. Hopkins is sitting on the far sideline twiddling his thumbs but since the DB has a casual hand on Hopkins we get the game winning first down penalty. I respect and defend Romeo, but I'm tired of playing prevent defense for 4 quarters without having the coaching competence to attend the front needed to make that work. I'm tired of seeing Mercilus at SOLB, mixing coverage and run and pass assignments as Clowney gets stoned every week at rush end. Put Mercilus on the defensive line or the sideline - those are your 2 options.

Worst part is, winning is encouraging this crap. If I thought for an instant this crap could luck itsself into playoff wins ... I'd keep my fool mouth shut. It wont, everyone knows it wont. But, these crap wins will get us just far enough to continue the trend. No amount of hall of fame linemen can block long enough to survive O'Brien's "Madden" offense. I don't say that jokingly, the first time I really watched our receivers he ran 'verts y shake' which is so generic it's in every book and nobody is dumb enough to run it in pvp because you only have 1 target route. Y is Griffin telegraphing his very late inside break, and obviously this play didn't go well.

Sadly our idiots might not only keep this going, they might get raises. We had shots at real coaches .......

Last edited:

bigmck

Rookie
Drumk bitching in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I'm so tired of being disappointed after a win. That's NOT how it's supposed to be. We look like crap, play like crap (as many defensive touchdowns as offensive this week), and are somehow less crappy than the opponents thanks to ... hell I don't even know what to call it at this point other than gifts. Hopkins is sitting on the far sideline twiddling his thumbs but since the DB has a casual hand on Hopkins we get the game winning first down penalty. I respect and defend Romeo, but I'm tired of playing prevent defense for 4 quarters without having the coaching competence to attend the front needed to make that work. I'm tired of seeing Mercilus at SOLB, mixing coverage and run and pass assignments as Clowney gets stoned every week at rush end. Put Mercilus on the defensive line or the sideline - those are your 2 options.

Worst part is, winning is encouraging this crap. If I thought for an instant this crap could luck itsself into playoff wins ... I'd keep my fool mouth shut. It wont, everyone knows it wont. But, these crap wins will get us just far enough to continue the trend. No amount of hall of fame linemen can block long enough to survive O'Brien's "Madden" offense. I don't say that jokingly, the first time I really watched our receivers he ran 'verts y shake' which is so generic it's in every book and nobody is dumb enough to run it in pvp because you only have 1 target route. Y is Griffin telegraphing his very late inside break, and obviously this play didn't go well.

Sadly our idiots might not only keep this going, they might get raises. We had shots at real coaches .......
We beat a 6-3 team and have won 7 in a row. Yeah, I can see how you are very discouraged with the teams performance. Just continue being disappointed and the team should be OK. :bravo:

Scooter

Funky
Sorry JB, I've let you down on the drumk front, you're going to have to up your game from now on. I'm taking a page out of Vinny's book and stepping out, with just a few anonymous clicks to keep informed. Watson, Hopkins, Miller, Clowney, Mercilus, Watt, Kareem, Joseph, Matthieu, Reed and Hal in the playoffs ... this should be fun!

bigmck

Rookie
Considering last night was New Years Eve, I expected a lot more from the "Drunk Texan Thread" this morning. You have let me down. :pop: