Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Dre Whips Finnegan

Awtysst (and all who share similar opinions), I have a question. If someone on the street (this is just an example) came up and slapped you and your wife, and then spit on your kids, what would you do? Would you fight? Would you wait and try to file a police report?

Looks like Mr McNair sides with most of us:

The two got into a milder shoving match on the previous play, with Johnson giving Finnegan a shot in the back before Finnegan took off his helmet and walked away.

Finnegan then set off the brawl by jabbing at Johnson’s neck and face mask at the line of scrimmage. Johnson ripped off Finnegan’s helmet and landed at least two punches to Finnegan’s head and neck. The two spun each other, and Finnegan tore off Johnson’s helmet before players and referees intervened.

“I awarded it to Andre on points,” Texans owner Bob McNair joked.

This was Round 2 between Johnson and Finnegan. Last season, Johnson was fined $7,500 for taking Finnegan to the ground by the face mask during a scuffle after a play in a 34-31 Texans win.

Johnson said this week: “That’s the past, I’m over that. That’s way behind me, I don’t think about that.” But Finnegan got under his skin again, and Johnson was apologetic after the game.

“I wish that I could take back what happened, but I can’t,” Johnson said. “I’m pretty sure I’ll be disciplined for it.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7314698.html

So, we're 2-0 when Andre whips Fruitigan's ass. More reason to be happy about what happened today. :)

No source, just wait and see. I hate it, I want CF beat sensless but I don't want to lose AJ. It's gonna happen.

Again, you're just guessing here. We will have to wait and see because nothing is going to come of this until tommorrow at the earliest.

I am betting a big fine but no suspension. The NBA is the league that suspends players for fighting on the court, the NFL really hasn't done that in. . . I don't know.

When was the last time a player was suspended for fighting on the field and it was their first offense?

I can't believe how many Nancys we have on this board. Andre did what he needed to do. Andre did something that this team has needed to do for years. Somebody has stepped out of the Bob McNair mold and created an identity for this team. We finally have a leader that doesnt take shOt from anyone. Hopefully the rest of the team feeds off of this and wins out.

When the ref was trying to get CF off the field and he wouldn't go (after AJ was gone) I for the second time today spewed obscenities "get off the field....leprechaun...."

The NFL photo staff all looked up at me and laughed.

No one likes him. Sadly, if it's a double suspension, CF wins.

He is a pro bowl corner, better than anyone on our team.

He is also an all-star jerk.

You can be both.

The guy is a bum. He sucks. Go over to the tacks message board right now and most of them are talking about how overrated he is and how bad his play is. They are also calling for Fisher's head over there, talking about how undisciplined the team is under him and how the tacks players have given up on him.

I can't believe how many Nancys we have on this board. Andre did what he needed to do. Andre did something that this team has needed to do for years.
If my name were Nancy, I'd be insulted by comparing me to folks who encourage the enabling of bullies.

Again, you're just guessing here. We will have to wait and see because nothing is going to come of this until tommorrow at the earliest.

I am betting a big fine but no suspension. The NBA is the league that suspends players for fighting on the court, the NFL really hasn't done that in. . . I don't know.

When was the last time a player was suspended for fighting on the field and it was their first offense?

I agree, I can't remember the last time especially for a player with a first offense. That's why I don't see it happening. Yeah he landed some good hits on him, but his helmet was torn off.

I see a big fine for both and if anyone gets suspended it will be Finnegan. He's the one that has the history here, and I'm not even sure he gets suspended.

In the NFL players are thrown out of the game for throwing punches and not suspended...Especially how some others (on Titans boards) think this will be a lengthy suspension. I will be very surprised if it's 2 games.

The thing is, eventually someone is going to snap. It happened so fast in the stadium, they turned the big screens off and all we could think was, 'it must have been something really bad for Andre to snap"

I wouldn't take that either. I wish AJ had not gone that far, but I'm glad he took a stand (over CF)

5_20101128170033_600_400.JPG

Hey Ziggy, you may not know it but your name is Nancy. Don't be a Pus$y your whole life.
I was agreeing with you, actually, saying that even a Nancy shouldn't like being compared to people who say we shouldn't stand up to bullies so they can continue to be a bully.

So not only is your personal attack out of bounds, it is also seriously misdirected and your reading of what I wrote is apparently 180 degrees out of phase with what I said. AJ manned up with an apology and I await yours.

Harrison & Dungy just confirmed what we & other players & coaches around the league already knew, they're a team that plays dirty & try to test you & get under your skin. Harrison even said that they tore up his knee with their dirty play antics.

ESPN Blogs AFC South espn_afcsouth

Fox Houston and Chronicle both report that just before Finnegan initiated fight, he said to #Texans bench: "Watch this." #Titans #NFL half a minute ago via web

Here is a radical thought: Why don't the ref's take control of players like Finnegan and penalize them for their dirty play throughout the game?

Those hands to the face before the fight broke out needed a flag. And my guess is that wasn't the first time it happened.

Kudo's to AJ, too bad he had to take matters into his own hands.

David Nuno on FB:

Just found out from a RELIABLE source, Ttians Cortland Finengan seen was seen antoginizing ppl from Dre's camp, including fam, outside team bus.

Finnegan needs his ass whooped again! :bat:

I've probably watched that YouTube clip someone posted earlier like 20 times already. I can understand where some of you are coming from that are saying AJ should have never swung...but c'mon, put yourself in his situation and tell me your not going to snap eventually when having to deal with a **** like CF twice a year, the guy had it coming. Time to go watch that clip again, man, if only AJ was in the S&B...:(

It's obvious who HASN'T played a sport by some of the Nancy boy replies on this thread.

AJ showed pure LEADERSHIP. He is the emotional leader of the team and stood up for himself and his teammates against a cheap shot punk. I hate Finnegan more than any player in the NFL.

I've never been a star player like AJ, but I've never played under a coach who wouldn't have been pissed off at me for getting myself ejected and probably suspended. Don't see how getting myself off the field benefits the team.

Finnigan is lucky Dre isn't like me. I would have beat him senseless with his own dang helmet for that crap. Just the way I feel about that guy's antics over the years.

David Nuno on FB:

Finnegan needs his ass whooped again! :bat:

I hope this fool doesn't go out to clubs or anything in Harris County when he is here...we don't play puci **** like that.....just sayin don't be an enemy when you are inside the loop....bad for your health....especially on the south side like that.

AJ did what any real man would do whip up on an stupid ***** and I am glad way to represent AJ. That muff hugga as Dread Head would call him really needed that and more.

Man what a different league this is from the one I grew up watching.

NFL network just showed a clip of Deon Sanders blasting Andre Rison and neither got ejected. If fact they show Sanders taking INT 93 yards for a TD.

Not today.

My post deleted?

Lol @ moderating team. My post was perfectly within the rules. Censorship at its best.
Runner should have left it deleted. If I had the time or inclination, I'd go back and delete others. I'm pretty disappointed that a respected poster like Herv compared another poster to a vagina.

The fight was an emotional moment and not surprising that it would create varying opinions. That emotion shouldn't spill over to where we attack each other for carrying those opinions. It's pretty cut & dried as to what you can and cannot do here. First rule: Don't attack other members. It's not PC. It's just right.

AJ was assisted off by Bam Bam and Barkley?

400dreleaving.jpg

....“I really don’t have anything to say about Cortland,” Johnson said. “I would like to apologize to the organization, our owner, and my teammates. What happened out there today was not me. I just lost my cool and I wish that I could take back what happened, but I can’t. It’s over and done with now. I’m pretty sure that I’ll be disciplined for it. When that time comes, I’ll find out what it is and have to deal with it from there… I hope that I’m not suspended for the next game.”

Last week, Raiders defensive tackle Richard Seymour hit Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the facemask with an open hand. Seymour was fined $25,000 by the league but was not suspended, and he played this week against the Miami Dolphins.

“Seymour got kicked out last game, right?” Texans right tackle Eric Winston said. “Did he get to play this game? He wasn’t (suspended), right? So, (Johnson) should be able to play.”...

ht.com

Runner should have left it deleted. If I had the time or inclination, I'd go back and delete others. I'm pretty disappointed that a respected poster like Herv compared another poster to a vagina.

I undeleted it in the spirit of "let your posts define you". I wanted the board to know what the whining was about and what important information was lost to censorship.

Upon further reflection, I should have deleted a bunch of posts and started a thread on the the historical significance of pacifism. We could have started here:

Some pacifists follow principles of nonviolence, believing that nonviolent action is morally superior and/or pragmatically most effective. Some pacifists, however, support physical violence for emergency defense of self or others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacifism

AJ getting suspended is NOT a done deal by any stretch of the imagination. Large fine is a certainty, but this was a continuation of the same play where he took a shot to the head at the line of scrimmage.

You might be right.....I have a watched a LOT of football in my day, about 31 years worth that I can re-collect and I can't remember once I was watching live that a player swung on someone with their helmet off and didn't get suspended. And that was only one swing. I'll be shocked if it's not at least one game.

Again, I am not defending the scumbag CF, he is the dirtiest player out there and was long overdue for what he got. I just don't want to lose AJ for a game, which again I believe and is totally conjecture, is a certainity at this point.

A question to a number of you:

If you think Andre did the right thing and approve of it wholeheartedly, why are you applauding him for apologizing? You don't apologize when you've done nothing wrong.

Back