Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Doing A Line" article at houstonprofootball.com

It does'nt add up that every OL that we've brought in since 2002 stinks . A blind Casserly will find a few acorns .

I'm tired of talking ex QB stuff but I will say this ... in a couple of months we'll know if it's the chicken or the egg . My thinking is we'll look like a much better team on offense . It's more than blocking it's execution , unity , smarts , and raising the bar on what's excepted .

I'm also not discounting coaching. The previous regime was woefully inadequate with offensive line coaches. If Sherman and Kubiak can improve the individual skills of the players AND continue to improve the schemes, that could make as much difference as the change in QBs.

i think everybody can agree that last years line was better than previous years. i can only attribute that to better coaching. why wouldn't they be even better this year? ...

I don't agree. Much of the line's success in pass protection last year was due to the number of quick passes, like two yard slants, that were thrown.

2004 was our best line. They ran block well, and they pass protected in an offense that still featured five and seven step drops. Yes they gave up more sacks, but the passing offense was much, much better. Sacks are an isolated stat; the total look of the offense gives a better picture of the line's performance.

Same thing happens with every player. If someone from Carolina were to visit one of our boards they'd probably leave with the impression that Davud was the worst QB on earth....But in actuality, if put in the right situation David can probably be decent...

It's not unusual for fans excessively rip players when they leave...
My ex wives ripped me. I know what you mean.

That time in 2004? Yep - they did for one game. Even Pendry figured out that wasn't the best idea he ever had and didn't try it again. That was just, um, unusual.

You mean they actually did that? A professional team?

Oh goodness.

Ah well... on to better things!

Back