Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Derek Stingley vs. Sauce Gardner

That means he know how to bend the rules without being caught. Its no different than oline players being being professional holders and not get caught.

Uh no b/c no cb gets away with that kind of stuff for very long. OC's eventually catch on and bring it to the refs attention. The bigger the stage, the more magnification on that type of stuff becomes. Furthermore, O-linemen are allowed to hold as long as they keep those hands inside. horse collaring a WR downfield? never allowed. His reaction after that 4th down play to end the game..he knew he got away with one.

Last edited:
Ramsey still gets away with that type of stuff. So does all the top DBs.

lies...Ramsey's physical at the point of attack, that's his M.O......... but he doesn't hold like that once down the field....i don't know any top cb who does. That's why they're top cb's b/c they don't have to do that and still can remain in position.

Reactions: JB
lies...Ramsey's physical at the point of attack, that's his M.O......... but he doesn't hold like that once down the field....i don't know any top cb who does. That's why they're top cb's b/c they don't have to do that and still can remain in position.
That is not a lie. Man what is your beef with Sauce?

Lol, Ramsey does not hold downfield like that dude...
Ramsey 5 PI penalties in 2020

2 in 2021

1 so far this year.

And yes, he gets away with it sometimes.
(Though the ref did compensate for it with a non-call on Higgins that resulted in a TD.)

2 in 2021

1 so far this year.

(Though the ref did compensate for it with a non-call on Higgins that resulted in a TD.)
Hey brother I don’t ever watch these games. I just make up lies.

2 in 2021

1 so far this year.

lol, sauce committed 3 obvious ones in that 1 broncos game …lol:

Sauce Gardner running away with DROY: Gardner allowed two catches on three targets for -4 yards against the Pats.

3. Houston Texans: CB Derek Stingley Jr. LSU
Overall Rookie Grade: 50.8 (Rank: 24/35)
Principal Opponent: WR Robert Woods
Week 8 Snaps: 58

With the Titans' offense barely attempting to pass the football without Ryan Tannehill at quarterback, Stingley largely spent his day in run support. His biggest negative came when he was stiff-armed to the ground by running back Derrick Henry as he came around the corner on his way to a big gain. Stingley had Henry one-on-one on the play and barely slowed him down, but that’s about as tough an assignment as a cornerback is going to have in run defense. This wasn’t a game for him to showcase his coverage skills, which is what he does best.

4. New York Jets: CB Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner, Cincinnati
Overall Rookie Grade: 83.9 (Rank: 2/35)
Principal Opponent: WR Jakobi Meyers
Week 8 Snaps: 77

Sauce Gardner had another excellent game, this time allowing negative yards in coverage against Mac Jones and the Patriots' offense. Gardner came up quickly to snuff out several quick passes, actually stopping plays behind the line of scrimmage. He even tried to disengage late from a Hunter Henry block to be able to prevent a touchdown down by the goal line after another defender blew the assignment. Overall, Gardner already looks like one of the best cornerbacks in the league for the Jets.

1667408667162.png

2 TD's credited to him now by PFF....I actually agree with him on this one...but this is now the 3rd time teams have run similar plays up on the goal line ON HIS SIDE and have scored. Not on the other side...his side. I find it quite funny tho that 1, his fan boys are crying about Henry committing OPI on that play in light of his performance last week against the Denver Broncos WR's.....& 2, none of these TD's given up are supposedly on him...but are due to "miscommunication" or are the fault of the safety.....at least according to him and his legion of fanboys on twitter. Teams obviously see something they can exploit over on his side where this keeps happening....Its just more evidence that PFF is trash tho.

Last edited:

View attachment 11001

2 TD's credited to him now by PFF....I actually agree with him on this one...but this is now the 3rd time teams have run similar plays up on the goal line ON HIS SIDE and have scored. Not on the other side...his side. I find it quite funny tho that 1, his fan boys are crying about Henry committing OPI on that play in light of his performance last week against the Denver Broncos WR's.....& 2, none of these TD's given up are supposedly on him...but are due to "miscommunication" or are the fault of the safety.....at least according to him and his legion of fanboys on twitter. Teams obviously see something they can exploit over on his side where this keeps happening....Its just more evidence that PFF is trash tho.

He sounds like a great teammate to be pushing blame off himself and onto others.

View attachment 11001

Its easy to see either that was a pick play or #29 should've been over there. Some people think pff is the bible, I'm not one of them. I've watched the Jets play on condensed versions, he's played well. Whether he's in zone or man, his physicality is there along with his length. He looks like Sherman and Rodger-Cromartie mix. I think Stingley would be better off if they just let him man up and roll coverage somewhere else. He hasn't played bad, he's had his moments like most rookies do like Green.

Its easy to see either that was a pick play or #29 should've been over there. Some people think pff is the bible, I'm not one of them. I've watched the Jets play on condensed versions, he's played well. Whether he's in zone or man, his physicality is there along with his length. He looks like Sherman and Rodger-Cromartie mix. I think Stingley would be better off if they just let him man up and roll coverage somewhere else. He hasn't played bad, he's had his moments like most rookies do like Green.
I'm with you on PFF. They're only part of the equation.

The Eagles just play their game.
The Texans D had a number of pressures.
Hurts just find the open receivers or makes play himself.

I don't think the Eagles were concerned with anything.

Even going on fourth down toward the end of the game, even after a time out.
They had no respect for the Texans.
Seems Ike they were just playing around in the first half.
I haven't been back here long but I feel like I've noticed a trend of your replies being only mildly related to the post you're replying too

I haven't been back here long but I feel like I've noticed a trend of your replies being only mildly related to the post you're replying too
When I was younger (I'm 63 now) in Vietnam, they would show football games, mostly the Cowboys. I had no idea how the game was supposed to be played.
And I was starting to learn English in sixth grade, 1970.
But I watched ít.
Then when I came to the States in 1975 as a Junior, I had friends in the highschool team.
I came to Shreveport. Louisiana, which is along the I-20 corridor, Cowboys country.

I still remember the first time, the young guy from the family that helped the church to sponsor us, asked me to go to a semi-professional game, the Shreveport Steamers.

In Vietnam, when you ask someone, you pay for it.
I had no money back then; his parents help sponsoring us , I thought it was a great gesture.
There was a little awkward moment there, but he stepped up and buy the ticket for me.
(It was greatly appreciated).

What I'd like to tell you is that I had fallen in love with the game and I appreciate the humble journey that gets me there.

When I was younger (I'm 63 now) in Vietnam, they would show football games, mostly the Cowboys. I had no idea how the game was supposed to be played.
And I was starting to learn English in sixth grade, 1970.
But I watched ít.
Then when I came to the States in 1975 as a Junior, I had friends in the highschool team.
I came to Shreveport. Louisiana, which is along the I-20 corridor, Cowboys country.

I still remember the first time, the young guy from the family that helped the church to sponsor us, asked me to go to a semi-professional game, the Shreveport Steamers.

In Vietnam, when you ask someone, you pay for it.
I had no money back then; his parents help sponsoring us , I thought it was a great gesture.
There was a little awkward moment there, but he stepped up and buy the ticket for me.
(It was greatly appreciated).

What I'd like to tell you is that I had fallen in love with the game and I appreciate the humble journey that gets me there.

The Steamers vs the Gunslingers?

Lol, reaso
The Eagles just play their game.
The Texans D had a number of pressures.
Hurts just find the open receivers or makes play himself.

I don't think the Eagles were concerned with anything.

Even going on fourth down toward the end of the game, even after a time out.
They had no respect for the Texans.
Seems Ike they were just playing around in the first half.

this kid got so many haters b/c he was drafted before gardner….lol twitter is the port-a-potty of freedom of speech & where common sense goes to die.

No wonder that assclown Musk bought it.

Lol, reaso

this kid got so many haters b/c he was drafted before gardner….lol twitter is the port-a-potty of freedom of speech & where common sense goes to die.

True except for Musk being an ass clown.

• Haha
Lol, reaso

I don't think anybody hates Stingley.
They (I) just don't think Nick Caserio is much.

That guy was supposed to pay for you if he invited you. I was taught the same thing you were in Vietnam.

Louisiana people are just different.
I honestly don't know the situation.
The family was extremely kind to us.
I couldn't imagine a better situation.
It's a small town, and I don't think that particular friend of mine ever had such an experience.

He was a really nice guy, trying to welcome us and all.

I really really appreciate all the little things he and his family provided us.
I'm truly grateful, but most of all remembering the time with fondness.

We were treated extremely well, which helped us integrating with ease.

I am most grateful for it.

I learned a lot , working in school, at the cafeteria and out on the field; the school maintenance man teaching me to do a little this and that. Valuable life lessons. I still remember Mr. Buford. He learned me to use the everyday tool.

Wouldn't trade it for the world.

I only recount the experience, but I don't mean to throw anybody under the bus.

We were all young.
And I really truly appreciate it all

Ahh, it had me thinking you were from Louisiana

My mother told me over and over again when I was a child (and continuously up until present day) that because I was born on an air force base, which is federal land, that my "state of origin" reverts back to my mother's state of origin. Since I was born at Chenault AFB in Lake Charles, I wasn't technically born "in Louisiana" but rather Texas because that's where she was from.

It could be worse, though. I mean, my "state of origin" could revert to my dad's (West Virginia.)

Back