Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Demeco Ryans’ Staff

As it looks right now, Demeco Ryans is our next head coach. I’m guessing the announcement will be made within the next 24 hours.
Who do y’all want on the coaching staff? Who do you expect to be OC/DC? Do your wants and expectations align?

Let the discussions begin!
----------------------------------------------------
Moderation Edit for actual hires and retains

Bobby Slowik, Offensive Coordinator

Matt Burke, Defensive Coordinator

Cory Undlin, Defensive Passing Game Coordinator

Chris Kiffin, Lbers and Jacques Cesaire Defensive line (retain)

Nick Kray Chief of Staff

Marc Lewis, Applied sports-science coordinator

Stephen Adegoke Defensive Backs, Safeties

Dino Vasso Cornerbacks (retained)

Frank Ross, Special Teams Coordinator

Mike Eubanks

Jerrod Johnson, QBs coach

Shane Day, Senior Offensive Asst,

Jake Moreland TE Coach

Ben McDaniels WR coach retained

Chris Struasser, OL coach

Cole Popovich, asst. OL coach

Last edited by a moderator:

edo783

Hall of Fame
Greise has been mentioned for OC. Probably not a bad choice, but a rookie HC and a rookie OC might be a problem. Some rumors about Watt joining the staff. I don't know in what capacity. The issues that I see are Ryan runs a 3-4 defense. Do we have the right linemen and linebackers for that defense? Also, if we go WCO (which I would like) do we have the right linemen for that? I suspect that in both cases that we don't have the right personnel in place to be effective right now. Also, the line coaches are going to be critical to making it all work.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Greise has been mentioned for OC. Probably not a bad choice, but a rookie HC and a rookie OC might be a problem. Some rumors about Watt joining the staff. I don't know in what capacity. The issues that I see are Ryan runs a 3-4 defense. Do we have the right linemen and linebackers for that defense? Also, if we go WCO (which I would like) do we have the right linemen for that? I suspect that in both cases that we don't have the right personnel in place to be effective right now. Also, the line coaches are going to be critical to making it all work.
I thought the 49ers base defense was a 4-3.

gs27

Veteran
Is Kliff Kingsbury an option? Failed coaches seem to do well when they come back to simplicity of being coordinators. His head coaching experience would also be nice for Demeco to lean on.

Jim Leonhard is my favorite for DC, but Demeco likely will want to go with someone he is familiar with. Leonhard may be benefit if there is a chance of luring Watt to join staff.

Is Kliff Kingsbury an option? Failed coaches seem to do well when they come back to simplicity of being coordinators. His head coaching experience would also be nice for Demeco to lean on.

Jim Leonhard is my favorite for DC, but Demeco likely will want to go with someone he is familiar with. Leonhard may be benefit if there is a chance of luring Watt to join staff.
I think I read that Kingsbury is in Thailand and is taking a break for awhile.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

This had some discussion about Kris Kocurek (49ers DL coach) coming with Ryans. The 49ers did have one of the best if not THE best DL in the league.

It also mentions Bobby Slowik as OC.
Arik Armstead - 1st round
Nick Bosa - 1st round
Javon Kinlaw - 1st round
Samson Ebukam - 4th rounder...but productive starter for the 2021 Rams the previous year

See a pattern here....

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
From the article: Born Dec. 15, 1976, in Bloomington, Ind., Walters attended Consolidated High School in College Station, Texas. He holds two degrees from Stanford — a bachelor's in communications (1999) and a masters in sociology (2000).
That's impressive.

With this said I'm hoping Gary is brought in as a consultant to find a QB and Klint is named the OC. Klint did a great job as OC working with Cousins. I mean if the Texans org is going to be homers go all in on being a homer.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I like the idea of Mike Munchak coming on board to be the OL coach.
Does Munchak know (can teach) a zone blocking scheme? If not, then I will pass on him. GREAT Houston player but the zone blocking scheme is different from anything Munchak ever played in or coached.