Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Day 3 Targets

Someone to think about at WR coming up... Johnnie Dixon out of Ohio State.

Texans thought enough of him to bring him in for a workout and use one of their 30 private visits on him. 8 TDS this season averaged 32 yards per catch. Played kick returner and gunner on ST. Could push Deandre Carter for a roster spot with his ST contributions and give Texans a backup slot with deep speed like Keke.

Jordan Brailford LB Oklahoma State is someone I'm looking at. Can play both inside and outside and play coverage teams. The kind of swiss army knife that can make the back end of a roster.

Tyree Jackson from Buffalo is still there? Late round raw prospect behind Deshaun? Meh.

I doubt we draft a RB, I think they are gonna find one in UDFA.

Not sure where we go here, to be honest.

Terrill Hanks LB New Mexico St. another player they brought in for a workout and private visit. Highly productive 3 consecutive 100+ tackle seasons and good length. But poor timed speed makes him more of a UDFA target i'd think. I don't think he'd be able to unseat Brian Peters or Kalambayi for their roster spot due to athleticism deficiency.

Someone to think about at WR coming up... Johnnie Dixon out of Ohio State.

Texans thought enough of him to bring him in for a workout and use one of their 30 private visits on him. 8 TDS this season averaged 32 yards per catch. Played kick returner and gunner on ST. Could push Deandre Carter for a roster spot with his ST contributions and give Texans a backup slot with deep speed like Keke.
Made more sense that the last one they took.

The draft basically ended in the 5th. No WR or RB makes it a little disappointed especially since we are going into the season with Fuller who hasn't lasted a full season and Foreman who may or may not come back 100%.

Maybe the kid is a Cowboys fan? Who knows.
Nope, a Texans fan.

KAJ: Which is your favorite team and what players did you look-up to?

CULLEN: I’ve been a Texans fan my whole life. Definitely one player I look up to the most is Clay Matthews, hence the hair. I grew it out and wanted to be like him. He was a walk on at USC, and it’s nice to know that there are other success stories out there like yourself.

That clears things up a bit, maybe they felt he might not make it to UDFA because teams might try to find ST'ers? ‍

Wild guess, to be honest.

The draft basically ended in the 5th. No WR or RB makes it a little disappointed especially since we are going into the season with Fuller who hasn't lasted a full season and Foreman who may or may not come back 100%.
and there is a 4.3 WR still available. Maybe he will come as a UFA

Where the hell was the WR Coach.....his group shite the bed when the injury bug struck once again. Again, FB's and ST'ers are a dime a dozen in the UDFA pool.

I wanted Johnnie Dixon in round 7 and we still got him as UDFA for what it’s worth :)

And if STers are dime a dozen how come our ST always sucked until Sealy showed up?

I wanted Johnnie Dixon in round 7 and we still got him as UDFA for what it’s worth :)

And if STers are dime a dozen how come our ST always sucked until Sealy showed up?

Simple....coaching. OL is in the same shite hole b/c of coaching. I'd love to see the same talent with a better coach.

Depth only works if players deserve their spot on the team at a position, not STer.

And our STs were better last season because players were coached better to be in the right spots, not draw a flag every play, etc.

Back