Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Davis Mills getting no respect

Nick said he’s their quarterback. Was asked do you think he’s regressed, and I’m so many words he said yes. But also stated that everyone needs to get better at their jobs. Paraphrasing
I read that.
Doesn't sound like an endorsement
Far from it.

It's not like.
Hey, we've got our guys ; let go win this thing.

pierce endorsed him last week after the game. Talked of his leadership thru the tough start to the season.

i believe Cooks did in the offseason as well.
This is what a real endorsement sounds like:

I know I've read what Branding Cooks said in the offseason.

As to DP, I'm guessing it went like so:

"He's my guy.
I really like it when he hands the ball to me." :brando:

lol, you dont get to determine what an endorsement of a player is….

just check the interview Pierce did immediately after the jags game. “D-Milli” is apparently is the nickname Mills has been given with at least him…you dont give a guy a nickname if you dont rock with him.

The funny part in all of this is most people don’t care about Mills one way or the other, just to let him finish out the season.

People are trying to create controversy when there is none.

just check the interview Pierce did immediately after the jags game. “D-Milli” is apparently is the nickname Mills has been given with at least him…you dont give a guy a nickname if you dont rock with him.
Lol exactly.

just check the interview Pierce did immediately after the jags game. “D-Milli” is apparently the nickname Mills has been given with at least him…you dont give a guy a nickname if you dont rock with him.
Some around these parts don't want to admit to themselves that Mills is the guy, at least for this yr.

His teammates still believe in Mills, even though few on this MB do. LoL

Last edited:
Some around these parts don't want to admit to themselves that.ills is the guy, at least for this yr.

His teammates still believe in Mills, even though few on this MB do. LoL
Well of course they’re going to say that. It’s called being politically correct. Their body language though

Updated CBS sports QB power rankings has Mills exactly where he belongs…32nd. He is behind a guy that made his way to the NFL via the XFL, and behind Skyler Thompson, a 7th round rookie making his first start this Sunday for the Fins. He is literally considered to be worse than some guy yet to start a single game. Where is the spittake emoji?

Last edited:
Updated CBS sports QB power rankings has Mills exactly where he belongs…32nd. He is behind a guy that made his way to the NFL via the XFL, and behind Skyler Thompson, a 7th round rookie making his first start this Sunday for the Fins. He is literally considered to be worse than some guy yet to start a single game. Where is the spittake emoji?

Which says more about CBS and their rankings than anything.

And some people still wants him to start. Man give Allen a shot to see if he could possibly do better. Bump what he did in the past.

Mills is in the bottom third, but 32nd, no. So far, he is angling to be replaced and hold a clipboard, but Fields, Skylar, heck he has outplayed the chosen one much of the time, but the hate continues for everything Texan.
He's outplayed Fields, Lawrence and really Russ too. Sad thing is he's played really badly and doesn't have to much help around him.

Even if he is, they don't want to win too many this year because they know they have 2 more years of building
Doesn't make sense.

Imagine you were drafted this year & you're losing more than not over the next 2 years. What's your mindset in year 3, even if they hire a new coach?

Most of the guys drafted this year will be closer to "it's just a job" than "we can do something special."

I understand more premium talent is available at the top of the draft, but if we want a true contender we're going to need people who can draft well, whether in the top 10, the middle third, or even the bottom. They need to learn to acquire additional picks, future picks, & be able to turn those into premium talent regardless the spot they "earn."

If this team isn't trying to win every minute of every day, we need to stop expecting anything better than a divisional round play off appearance.

And some people still wants him to start. Man give Allen a shot to see if he could possibly do better. Bump what he did in the past.
Who the hell is Cody Benjamin ?
Closest he ever got to a football field was probably parking cars when a valet at his college alma maters football games.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Doesn't make sense.

Imagine you were drafted this year & you're losing more than not over the next 2 years. What's your mindset in year 3, even if they hire a new coach?

Most of the guys drafted this year will be closer to "it's just a job" than "we can do something special."

I understand more premium talent is available at the top of the draft, but if we want a true contender we're going to need people who can draft well, whether in the top 10, the middle third, or even the bottom. They need to learn to acquire additional picks, future picks, & be able to turn those into premium talent regardless the spot they "earn."

If this team isn't trying to win every minute of every day, we need to stop expecting anything better than a divisional round play off appearance.
I wasn't talking about what the players want, of course they want to win every game, as do the coaches. Even the front office wants to. It was more of an idealistic(?) wants to

He's outplayed Fields, Lawrence and really Russ too. Sad thing is he's played really badly and doesn't have to much help around him.
LOL, you and Mr Tex.
Nick Caserio is doing a fine job, but Mills has no support.

Make up your mind, won't you?

But I can see you've been distancing yourself from "the man" but still giving yourself a place to turn back.

Come on dude .
Don't be wishy washy.

I told you last year that Mills isn't it.
Plain and simple.

You keep telling me wait and maybe.

And you try to tell me that there's a controversy?

The Texans have no QB.
How can there be a controversy?

LOL, you and Mr Tex.
Nick Caserio is doing a fine job, but Mills has no support.

Make up your mind, won't you?

But I can see you've been distancing yourself from "the man" but still giving yourself a place to turn back.

Come on dude .
Don't be wishy washy.

I told you last year that Mills isn't it.
Plain and simple.

You keep telling me wait and maybe.

And you try to tell me that there's a controversy?

The Texans have no QB.
How can there be a controversy?

I haven't changed my thought process at all. See what Mills has this yr and if he proves to be the guy then great. Seeing how little he's played he's got a lot of room to improve. BTW, did you know that Mills thumb injury could be affecting his accuracy. You know how I know this? Because I've hurt my thumb and being able to put enough pressure to get velocity and accuracy on throws really hurts. With this said, if the Texans have a bad record at the end of the yr it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Get a bridge QB in 2024 to compete with Mills in 2023, fill the holes in the 2023 draft and draft your next QB in 2024.

5 games haven't made even 1/2 season in quite a few years, much less a total season. Why is this so hard to understand?

I haven't changed my thought process at all. See what Mills has this yr and if he proves to be the guy then great. Seeing how little he's played he's got a lot of room to improve. BTW, did you know that Mills thumb injury could be affecting his accuracy. You know how I know this? Because I've hurt my thumb and being able to put enough pressure to get velocity and accuracy on throws really hurts. With this said, if the Texans have a bad record at the end of the yr it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Get a bridge QB in 2024 to compete with Mills in 2023, fill the holes in the 2023 draft and draft your next QB in 2024.

Good point, it also looks to me like his feet are off at times, and I didn’t see that as much last year.

This was the exact sentiment and thought process years ago when folks wanted Hoyer replaced with Mallett. “The arm!” They said…”the upside…how much worse can he be?”…

Well they got to see. Mallett couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn and was a knucklehead on top of all that.

So when it cones to evaluating the players on their team, i will defer 98% of the time to the coaches…they see these guys in practice everyday…they know. & if Mills is starting, its b/c they know Allen is not the business.

So when it cones to evaluating the players on their team, i will defer 98% of the time to the coaches
Sure. But if everybody sucks, what's left for them to evaluate? Davis Mills vs. Kyle Allen. Tell me who is whom?

Career numbers:

QB A 4318 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs, 63% completions
QB B 3712 yards 21 TDs, 14 INTs, 65% completions

I mean, would you even notice if they swapped jerseys? I guess looking at their necks, you could tell. But other than that?

Sure. But if everybody sucks, what's left for them to evaluate? Davis Mills vs. Kyle Allen. Tell me who is whom?

Career numbers:

QB A 4318 yards, 24 TDs, 17 INTs, 63% completions
QB B 3712 yards 21 TDs, 14 INTs, 65% completions

I mean, would you even notice if they swapped jerseys? I guess looking at their necks, you could tell. But other than that?

Touche, but 1 guy has been in the league for 4-5 years...2 teams and multiple coaching staffs.....you know what he is, the other you're still finding out what he is and has shown flashes.

Touche, but 1 guy has been in the league for 4-5 years...2 teams and multiple coaching staffs.....you know what he is, the other you're still finding out what he is and has shown flashes.
In essence, Mills is Schrodinger's cat, in a transparent box. The fans can see the motionless cat lying in the box, but won't know for sure the state of the cat until the coaches open the box. The cat may be dead or may be sleeping. Replacing Mills for Allen would be placing a known dead cat in the box, and expecting it to reanimate.

In essence, Mills is Schrodinger's cat, in a transparent box. The fans can see the motionless cat lying in the box, but won't know for sure the state of the cat until the coaches open the box. The cat may be dead or may be sleeping. Replacing Mills for Allen would be placing a known dead cat in the box, and expecting it to reanimate.

lol, weird way to look at it, but correct.

I wasn't talking about what the players want, of course they want to win every game, as do the coaches. Even the front office wants to. It was more of an idealistic(?) wants to
My point is the “they” you referred to should want to win as many games as possible.
Even if he is, they don't want to win too many this year because they know they have 2 more years of building

winning begets winning. Losing is a mindset. There’s no switch you can turn on or off. I’m not saying you think there is. Just conversing on the “they don’t want to win too many”

if that’s the case, they need to go. There’s no switch they can turn on later when they do “want” to win.

But what about the successful stories? Are y’all saying there is none. Or are we just going to stick to our own agenda.
Geno Smith for one example looks like the dead cat in him has woken up after being on how many teams. How many different coaches/OC’s?
It’s like some of you gents are scared/afraid to something different.
I’m not saying it will lead to more victories but Mills play doesn’t seem like it’s going to get better. So I don’t see anything wrong with giving another quarterback a shot to see if we can get some consistency out of that offense.

winning begets winning.
There's no evidence that is the case. There were 7 teams that made it to the playoffs in 2021 that did not make it in 2020. There were another 7 playoff teams in 2020 that did not make the playoffs in 2019. And so on.

Think of NFL as a sine wave.

R.f73f1f8fb7294faeb69cc8894068bd48

In a given season, some teams will remain good. Some will remain bad. Some will get better. The rest will get worse. In your "winning begets winning" theory, the graph would look like...

u9UEGOU2QgWqqCVezSf6_StrtLnGraph.jpg

Once teams begin to win, they would continue to win. Once teams begin to lose, they would continue to lose. "Winning" by itself cannot explain why the change happens in the first place.

Why do teams begin to win? Because they get better players and/or better coaching. Teams begin to lose because the player talent pool or coaching regresses. The teams that consistently win or lose maintain their advantage/disadvantage in talent and/or coaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
But what about the successful stories? Are y’all saying there is none. Or are we just going to stick to our own agenda.
Geno Smith for one example looks like the dead cat in him has woken up after being on how many teams. How many different coaches/OC’s?
It’s like some of you gents are scared/afraid to something different.
I’m not saying it will lead to more victories but Mills play doesn’t seem like it’s going to get better. So I don’t see anything wrong with giving another quarterback a shot to see if we can get some consistency out of that offense.

Geno is hardly a “success” story. 1st of all, He’s been in the league for nearly 10 years and has played for 4 different teams and systems……but he has been with Seattle for the last 3….under the same HC and offensive system…He also has a true #1 WR in DK and a great #2 in Lockett….Seahawks are still only 1 win better than us and fans arent looking at him as the answer….pretty sure Carroll and the seahawks FO aren’t either. He’s another Tyrod Taylor.

Reactions: JB
Back