Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cowboys lost and Texans won

Bugman7star

All Pro
Was it wrong of me that I was hoping the Cowboys would win yesterday? As much as it pained me, it actually benefits the Texans more if the Pats lost... right?
Yes and No. Yes in that it opens up a VERY slight chance of a bye opportunity if they start a losing streak (not happening but wishful thinking). No in that the Patriots rarely ever lose more than one in a row, and they would come to NRG looking to redeem themselves.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Yes and No. Yes in that it opens up a VERY slight chance of a bye opportunity if they start a losing streak (not happening but wishful thinking). No in that the Patriots rarely ever lose more than one in a row, and they would come to NRG looking to redeem themselves.
Wouldn’t have helped us enough to be worth listening to cowgirl fans bragging like they had won a damn super bowl.
True. Helps Texans, but most likely not really. Even if Pats lost to Dallas, and somehow BOB beats BB, we'd still need someone to upset the Pats... they have an EASY schedule the rest of the season.

Edit: Wait, didn't see initially Pats actually play the Chiefs in Week 14. So hmmm...

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Wouldn’t have helped us enough to be worth listening to cowgirl fans bragging like they had won a damn super bowl.
The way their logic works they would have beat the Patriots in every Super Bowl had they been there. They would at least have 3 more rings, which makes them the best team in NFL history. Past, present, and future!

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
What exactly have the Cowboys done since Jerry Jones became smarter than Jimmy Johnson? I would've got rid of their pisspoor GM.......poops, that's Jerry.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I like & root for all Texas teams. I like Dak, I like Zeke, I like D.Lawrence & their LBs.

But yeah, their fans (which I don't consider myself to be) live in their own world.
That's the thing you ask anyone that hates the cowboys, myself included, and they'll tell you that the team is fine its the damn fan base that makes you cheer for almost any team they play against. Oddly enough Pats are the opposite, people hate Brady and the Pats team but most of their fans are fine.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
That's the thing you ask anyone that hates the cowboys, myself included, and they'll tell you that the team is fine its the damn fan base that makes you cheer for almost any team they play against
Nah... there was a time not long ago, they had some straight up thugs on that team. Michael Irving especially.

IMO, 2019 Cowboys are Texans Worthy

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I would say that the obnoxious Horns fans are also Cowboys fans. They are the same breed.

I’m not an obnoxious Horns fan maybe because my sucky NFL teams have always kept me grounded.
Being consistently disappointed to the point you are grounded in mediocrity can make you a better person?

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
In these parts there are roughly 2 types of fans really, Texans and cowboys fans. Closer to their sb days boys fans were overwhelming obnoxious. It fueled my hate for them. I think I hated their arrogant fans more then their team on the field.

I always root against the cowboys even now unless it adversely effects the Texans.

I always had a very simple method of judging them. If a cowboys fan still claims loyalty during a losing season I probably respect him. You'll find boys fans get awfully scarce in a bad season.

The guys that root for them even in a losing year just love football. I know some very educated boys fans and enjoy talking game with them.

It's the trash that creeps out from under rocks after a win I hate.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Being consistently disappointed to the point you are grounded in mediocrity can make you a better person?
Not sure that it’s made be a better person but it’s prevented me from being an arrogant fan. There’s an element of Horns fans that annoy me and most that I know are also Cowboys fans.

In the NFL I grew up rooting for the Oilers and Bucs. The Bucs had that 2002 season, which I was mostly distracted from because it was the Texans inaugural season. The Oilers were always a disappointment.

Besides 2005, what has Texas ever done in my lifetime? For the most part it’s been a bunch of underachievement year after year.

Being consistently disappointed has made me a pessimistic football fan. Football has been a lifelong abusive relationship for me. :)

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Update..

I've been listening to Dallas sports radio 105.3 and their lockeroom reporter said it was the worst he's seen in 30 years. Michael Bennett went off on the team, Jerry Jones addressed the team.. Then players skipped their media obligations and just left and Jerry Jones addressed the media teary eyed.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I always had a very simple method of judging them. If a cowboys fan still claims loyalty during a losing season I probably respect him. You'll find boys fans get awfully scarce in a bad season.
I wish. Talk to a 'boys fan today, after an embarrassing home loss to a winning team (& I got a house full of them at this moment) & it's not that they aren't as good as they think they are... it's not that they should have won the last three Super Bowls (because they think they should have), they're still the better team & should have won tonight.

It's like they feel entitled to win the Super Bowl every year, because they are the best team in the league & they got robbed.

Robbed by the refs, robbed by the league conspiracy, robbed by Saint Nick himself. Robbed by Jerry Jones, as if he isn't an integral part of the Dallas Cowboys.

Then again, if not for O'Brien I'd think we'd win the Super Bowl this year.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I think all of that ended after the letter jacket game.
I still saw it during the streak last season, and a little bit before the Ravens game. I love my Texans, dont get me wrong, but I know that they are who they are.

My point was simply that true humility lasts beyond the circumstances. IF true humility is brought on by being bad/mediocrity. Fans from Cleveland should have humility beyond that seen by any religious head in history.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Still happy the Cowboys lost against the Pats?

If Pats lose to Chiefs this Sunday, and Texans beat the Broncos (which I'm predicting both to happen)... we would be the #2 seed.

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Still happy the Cowboys lost against the Pats?

If Pats lose to Chiefs this Sunday, and Texans beat the Broncos (which I'm predicting both to happen)... we would be the #2 seed.
You sure, we have 4 losses, they would have 3, and if Bills lead their division, would be three losses. Maybe you are saying if Cowboys punked them. Still Bills floating around

dream_team

Hall of Fame
You sure, we have 4 losses, they would have 3, and if Bills lead their division, would be three losses. Maybe you are saying if Cowboys punked them. Still Bills floating around
If Pats lost to the Cowboys, and lose to Chiefs this Sunday, then they would have 4 losses for the season.

But yah, you are right about the Bills. They'd be #2. It's easy to overlook the Bills.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
The funniest that could ever happen......Jones comes to the reality he's not the smartest guy in the room. Hires Jimmy Johnson as HC with an incredibly stupid contract and Johnson doesn't sign unless he also controls the draft and player personnel. Jones caves and Johnson gets Cowboys back to the SB where they face the Texans......and lose. But at least Johnson would've done what Jerrah could never do. LOL!

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Nah... there was a time not long ago, they had some straight up thugs on that team. Michael Irving especially.

IMO, 2019 Cowboys are Texans Worthy
Lol, being a Cowboys fan forever, I do recall including Michael Irvin by name in my prayers every night. Looks like it worked.

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

The guys that root for them even in a losing year just love football. I know some very educated boys fans and enjoy talking game with them.
That’s not really accurate. During the tough times for the most part we still show up, for example this Sunday against the Rams, and after such a disappointing season, I’ll be right there.

Not only do I love football, I love the Cowboys. Now I guess I need to go and light my candles.

As a Texan, I do like the Texans and always root for them except for the one game every four years.