Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Colts fire HC Reich, hire high school coach Jeff Saturday

Could we see Saturday and Mccown battling it out in the AFC South for years to come?!

You know, I had a fun back and forth with another poster about owners who were worse the McNairs. We listed 3-4 more. We should add Irsay to the list. He doesn’t even have an Easterby in the building and he hires a HC with no experience.

When the stuff about McCown people bagged on the McNair’s by asking “Who hires a HC with no experience?” The McNairs didn’t. But we can see Irsay did.

I know Chris Ballard a little bit, been knowing him for a minute, he's from my way. I don't understand how the coach gets fired after the trash they've had at qb post Luck. Maybe the team wasn't responding, but I have a couple of questions for him after the season or maybe at the senior bowl after blowing a cigar and sipping on some whiskey.

According to wiki they have 1150 students and compete at 3A..

I was just trying to quote the kids in high school. I think your number may include middle school and lower level kids too.

03a5fceebae0379e8bc3ecb0a7566797.jpg

Precedence has been set. Josh McCown come on down
Irsay is saying that the present GM position is solid for 2023.

Jim Irsay: I’m glad Jeff Saturday has no NFL coaching experience
Posted by Josh Alper on November 7, 2022, 8:57 PM EST

The Colts shocked just about everyone with their decision to hire former center Jeff Saturday as their interim head coach after firing Frank Reich on Monday and Saturday was in that group.

Saturday said at a Monday night press conference that shocked would be an “understatement” for his reaction to getting a call from Colts owner Jim Irsay about coaching the team. Saturday has no college or NFL coaching experience and was working as an analyst at ESPN before returning to the Colts, but Irsay said that he doesn’t see that as a negative.

Irsay called Saturday “fully capable” of handling the job and said he’s “glad” that Saturday does not have any NFL coaching experience. Irsay said he feels that way because Saturday hasn’t “learned the fear” that comes with coaching in the league and causes too many coaches to lean too heavily on analytics.

The Colts did not have to follow the protocols of the Rooney Rule to hire Saturday as their interim coach, but they would have to interview other candidates before naming a full-time successor to Reich. Irsay said that the hire is for “eight games and hopefully more” during the press conference, but the team will presumably wait to see Saturday coach at little bit before making any long-term plans.

Saturday would have also made a Improvement for our offensive Center position. He probably would have preferred the job he has though.

Their Zone Blocking Scheme was successful due to permitted Cut-Blocks. Teams can’t survive with light but quick OL.
False. The only light guy was Meyers and his movement made him a pro-bowl level player. O-line is about technique and leverage, not really size. There are alot of teams that run zbs with sub 320 lbs guys. Have you seen these defensive lines now days? Dlines are smaller.

False. The only light guy was Meyers and his movement made him a pro-bowl level player. O-line is about technique and leverage, not really size. There are alot of teams that run zbs with sub 320 lbs guys. Have you seen these defensive lines now days? Dlines are smaller.

Sorry, but the permissible use of Cut-Blocks made the ZBS in both Denver and Houston successful. When the "Cut-Block" was removed it changed the idea that just about any OL drafted late and came in at a little under typical NFL OL size could work effectively within the ZBS.

Sorry, but the permissible use of Cut-Blocks made the ZBS in both Denver and Houston successful. When the "Cut-Block" was removed it changed the idea that just about any OL drafted late and came in at a little under typical NFL OL size could work effectively within the ZBS.
Aren't most teams still running some ZBS? Quite a bit of it actually. And cut-blocks are still being made

Aren't most teams still running some ZBS? Quite a bit of it actually. And cut-blocks are still being made

Cut-Blocks are now made at a higher risk of being flagged. I like the ZBS being executed with bigger linemen versus the 290 pound types.

You wouldn't like Alex Gibbs coaching the OL for you?

I would’ve dug the opportunity to have Gibbs coaching the OL provided Caserio (If Gibbs was still with us) gave him the talent to make it one of the best units in the NFL.

I’m just not sure that Gibbs could’ve worked his magic with the Texans current talent.

I would’ve dug the opportunity to have Gibbs coaching the OL provided Caserio (If Gibbs was still with us) gave him the talent to make it one of the best units in the NFL.

I’m just not sure that Gibbs could’ve worked his magic with the Texans current talent.
but they're all over 300 lbs...

Jeff Saturday wins his first game as HC! Makes me wonder if the forced benching of Ryan was meant to accelerate the firing of Reich.

This is bad for the Raiders. The Colts just picked up someone with no coaching experience beyond high school MID SEASON as their HC and went into their house and beat them. Mcdaniels’ seat is getting warm I suspect.

Jeff Saturday wins his first game as HC! Makes me wonder if the forced benching of Ryan was meant to accelerate the firing of Reich.

This is bad for the Raiders. The Colts just picked up someone with no coaching experience beyond high school MID SEASON as their HC and went into their house and beat them. Mcdaniels’ seat is getting warm I suspect.

Saturday was known as a smart player for over a decade. He's seen it all.

Kinda makes me wish Cal would've hired McCown.

Back