Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

College Football Random Thought of the Day

@Texian, just stick with your best argument. I think Travon Walker is the best DE because he was amazing at the combine and looks great in shorts. Not because of what he's done on the football field. It's not as if you are alone on this. Plenty of draft gurus agree with you. I'm certain there are NFL teams that feel the same way. Maybe even the Texans.

Not that that would make you more confident in your opinion.
I think Walker will be a much better pro than he was a college player due to how he was used in college.

With that said, I'm now on the Neal/Sauce train at #3.

Me too, but I would add Icky if Neal is gone.
Icky is ugly mean.

I dont really like Icky that high because of his balance issues. I would rather trade down for Green later than pick Icky at #3. The oKoye thing has me jaded when it comes to Icky too.

I dont really like Icky that high because of his balance issues. I would rather trade down for Green later than pick Icky at #3. The oKoye thing has me jaded when it comes to Icky too.
Fair enough.
I see Cross has moved up most boards too now - if we trade back to around 8 or 9, it is going to be difficult to know who to take and that is where thorough evals come in.

Leading up to the 2022 NFL Draft we’ve seen a group of versatile prospects who might contribute for the Las Vegas Raiders if drafted by them.

And we at Raider Maven cannot leave Montana State's Troy Anderson out of the conversation.

Andersen was arguably the most versatile player in college football playing quarterback, running back, linebacker, and even punter at the FCS level.

At the beginning of the season, Andersen was named a team captain and was recognized as a preseason FCS All-American and a first-team preseason All-Big Sky selection as an inside linebacker.
tackles for losses, seven passes defended two sacks, and two interceptions.

Andersen would cap his remarkable season by being named the FCS ADA National Defensive Player of the Year and Big Sky Defensive Player of the Year ats inside linebacker.

He also was named a unanimous first-team All-American and first-team All-Big Sky at the end of the 2021 season.

After the season was over, Andersen would receive an invitation to the Reese’s Senior Bowl, where he would continue to make a name for himself along with other seniors.
So I'm really intrigued by this kid out of Montana State who's primary position is inside LB but he's played all over the place throughout his scholastic & collee career and with his speed he'd probably do well on weakside backer.
But I guess we are pretty well set @ inside LB so maybe the Texans aren't looking to draft that position ?

I think Walker will be a much better pro than he was a college player due to how he was used in college.

Agree but I'm on the Cross or Neal @ 3/Jordan Davis or Wyatt @ 13 train. Because Lovie Smith says, a team begins building its roster along the offensive and defensive lines. And because I believe games are won or lost in the trenches.

Last edited:
Agree but I'm on the Cross or Neal @ 3/Jordan Davis or Wyatt @ 13 train. Because Lovie Smith says, a team begins building its roster along the offensive and defensive lines. And because I believe games are won or lost in the trenches.

Agreed,

Gotta find a pass rusher too, hopefully Williams or Ekibetie fall to 2-37.

Agreed,

Gotta find a pass rusher too, hopefully Williams or Ekibetie fall to 2-37.

Add two DL and in the 3rd someone like Coby Bryant or Martin Emerson will look pretty good at outside CB. Davis can stuff the run and tee up 3rd and long situations… the pass rusher (pick em there should be 2-3 plus performers at 37) will help knock them down!

Not sure Williams will get the Easterby sanctification so I hope that Ebiketie is there at #37, if not then it's Skyy Moore for me.

That sanctification was here long before Easterby showed up down on Kirby.

Any chance Sam Williams falls to 68?
Texans could toss #107 or 108 to move up a bit.

Possible and I would certainly consider using 80 and 107 to move back into the 2nd. Using those 2 picks how far can you move into the 2nd. I consider getting a pass rusher important enough that I would use #80/#107/one of the 6ths to move up even further into the 2nd.

Ok Lovie did a great job on the trade and if this fails in a couple of years is Lovie going to be the one who gets the blame?
Contrary to Cal's lying, Lovie Smith is draft picker in chief and master of all player acquisitions. Lovie would not be HC if he were not. I know Cal made comments the administrator was but he Cal also made same comments about Rick Smith. Rick Smith was not, and Nick Caserio is not. Just keep polishing the silver Nick.

Contrary to Cal's lying, Lovie Smith is draft picker in chief and master of all player acquisitions. Lovie would not be HC if he were not. I know Cal made comments the administrator was but he Cal also made same comments about Rick Smith. Rick Smith was not, and Nick Caserio is not. Just keep polishing the silver Nick.
Ok, you didn't answer my question.

Source?

Ok Lovie did a great job on the trade and if this fails in a couple of years is Lovie going to be the one who gets the blame?
Since things need to be spelled out for you.

It is not me who believes Lovie has usurped control of the Texans from Casserio. Texian believes that.

My reply to him infers the question, if Lovie has usurped control, then what difference does it make what Easterby thinks.

Since things need to be spelled out for you.

It is not me who believes Lovie has usurped control of the Texans from Casserio. Texian believes that.

My reply to him infers the question, if Lovie has usurped control, then what difference does it make what Easterby thinks.

I don't need anything spelled out, I know what Texans believes and it appears to me that you agree with him when I read your post.

So according to your post Lovie is running the show. If this is the case, does he get the credit if things go well and the blame if they don't?

Ok, you didn't answer my question.
I did you just weren't paying attention. Lovie and staff will be responsible for choosing the players to draft and the FAs to sign. The Admin will be there to help make sure it gets done. I have two concerns going forward. Pep went a little crazy wasting draft picks to move up for Collins. Texans had to go another 2 rounds with no draft picks and a 4th RD pick in 2022 to make Collins happen. A little excessive and imprudent to say the least. That was a combo FUBAR, Pep for agreeing to such excessiveness and the Admin for trading away the store. And now the File Clerk has joined the Preacher Man (now known as Casereby) at a table in the corner of the cafeteria to extravagantly squander money in new player contracts. Neither one by the way had ever negotiated a contract before they arrived in Houston. Game Boy is sitting at a table next to the dynamic duo from NE, finishing his second Wagyu steak and his 2nd bottle of Opus One with a side glass of Kool Aid, says, where do I sign? So we got this going for us.

Last edited:

I did you just weren't paying attention. Lovie and staff will be responsible for choosing the players to draft and the FAs to sign. The Admin will be there to help make sure it gets done. I have two concerns going forward. Pep went a little crazy wasting draft picks to move up for Collins. Texans had to go another 2 rounds with no draft picks and a 4th RD pick in 2022 to make Collins happen. A little excessive and imprudent to say the least. That was a combo FUBAR, Pep for agreeing to such excessiveness and the Admin for trading away the store. And now the File Clerk has joined the Preacher Man at a table in the corner of the cafeteria to extravagantly squander money in new player contracts. Game Boy sitting at a table next to the dynamic duo, finishing his second Wagyu steak and his 2nd bottle of Opus One with a side glass of Kool Aid, says, where do I sign? So we got this going for us.

giphy.gif

The condition surrounding the lawsuit should be easily diagnosed............dark red/brown urine and severe muscle pains. Immediate treatment with copious fluids is required to avoid/minimize kidney damage by the produced renal toxic myoglobin....a muscle breakdown product Commonly, not only is kidney damage a result, but also cardiac damage. As a trauma surgeon, I commonly saw this in crush trauma (with crushing of significant volume of muscle), but the signs and symptoms (just like in the case of unreasonable overexertion over a long period of time) must be kept in high suspicion for the condition...........and the diagnosis be made treated immediately without fail.

It would not surprise my if the entire $100 million plus is found for Brenner.

*****************************************************************************************************

Former Oregon Ducks OL Doug Brenner adds $100M damages claim to lawsuit against NCAA
Apr 10, 2022
  • i

Heather DinichESPN Senior Writer

How serious is this for the prospect of his long term return to previous form and potential for continuing risk of injury?
As far as the hernia repair, he ought be rehabbed by ~2 months post. There are a couple of additional considerations though. First, most sports hernias eventually develop bilaterally, and that is why most are reinforced surgically at the same time. Booth underwent unilateral repair. Furthermore, over 95% of sports hernias have been found to be caused by an underlying hip problem. Without correction of the hip problem, the risk of lower extremity injuries increase with time.

A grand jury has issued a true bill of indictment against former Georgia linebacker Adam Anderson charging him with rape, stemming from an incident report taken Oct. 29, 2021. Arraignment for Anderson is set for June 13 at 9 a.m., according to Athens court records.

He plans to plead "not guilty."

Imagine for a moment, if you will if Walker had lined up as 7 technique for over 700 snaps as Hutchinson did and over 500 7 tech snaps like Thibodeaux did, instead of the 300+ at the 5 and i4 techniques like Walker did. IMO I don't think Walker will see the #3 pick. He is now the betting favorite to go #1.

Imagine for a moment, if you will if Walker had lined up as 7 technique for over 700 snaps as Hutchinson did and over 500 7 tech snaps like Thibodeaux did, instead of the 300+ at the 5 and i4 techniques like Walker did. IMO I don't think Walker will see the #3 pick. He is now the betting favorite to go #1.

I get what you're saying and I won't have a problem if Walker falls and is the pick at #3.

I read a comp somewhere that compared Walker to the Saints Jordan. I thought it was a great comp. Jordan has over 100 career sacks. I would take that in a heartbeat.

I get what you're saying and I won't have a problem if Walker falls and is the pick at #3.

I read a comp somewhere that compared Walker to the Saints Jordan. I thought it was a great comp. Jordan has over 100 career sacks. I would take that in a heartbeat.
I have warmed to Walker a bit so I won't be mad if we take him at 3.
Funny thing is, I don't think he'll be there.

I don't think NIL had anything to do with his decision

I don't think so either. He'd have businesses banging down his door and through his dad, Peyton, and Eli if he went to play for Utah St (for instance).

I think he grew a genuine affinity for Sarkisian, Kyle Flood, and AJ Milwee. And for the overall sense of being/belonging at UT.

Arch is in the rare air of being above having to choose over NIL, NIL is just always going to be there for him regardless.

Reactions: JB
Goodness Gracious Heavens to Betsy!

UCLA and USC going to the Big 10.
Oregon and Washington applied to join the Big 10.
Big 12 eyeing Arizona, Arizona St., Utah and Colorado.

PAC-12 willfully dissolving? Didn’t think this day would ever come around. That’s be the equivalent of Alabama and LSU leaving the SEC.

In all honesty, USC and UCLA may be better served coming to the BIG-10 where they would have a better presence in the Texas talent pool and a better chance of competing.

The BIG 12 should act quickly and invite Arizona, Arizona St., Utah and Colorado. 16 or even 20 team conferences may be emerging.
Certainly the SEC and Big 10 are the two most powerful conferences. The ACC will suffer if the SEC moves toward 20 teams. I would assume in that scenario they would go after Clemson, Florida State, Miami and ?.

Back