Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Coaching staff

Kelly is only 34 years old and has only been coaching in the NFL since 2014, all with the Texans.. Now tell me why you think a young coach just beginning his career is unable to adapt to, and learn, a new system.

He was with OB at Penn St too. So I don't know if he can adapt and learn something new or not. What I do know is that he's been under OB's umbrella for the last 9 years.

I hear you.

We didn’t replace DeAndre Hopkins. I mean we did, but “everbody” was so downon Brandin Cooks (got phased out of LA’s offense) so he doesn’t count.

But we didn’t replace Hopkins & the passing game was aiight.

& while we didn’t replace Fuller per se, I think the team is going towards a run heavy offense. A lot of gambles, Brit, Cannon, McCray, & Taylor... if those guys are healthy we’re going to be able to run the ball. Counting Tunsil the majority of the line learned to do their job outside of Houston.

Philip Lindsay & Mark Ingram upgrades our RBs.

Running the ball, controlling the game is going to help the defense.

No, I’m not expecting a division winning season. But I don’t think Caserio is aiming at 1-16 either. Most likely 6-9 wins & something to build on is my guess.
6 to 9 wins...

I know I should root for “my” team to win games and I will. That’s the “fan” in me. The rational side of me wants the Texans to position themselves for the future. I’d love to see this team abandon the patch-work veteran approach to “retooling” and go full bore youth movement. I’m tired of feeling that feeling that the Texans ownership is satisfied with mediocrity.

6 to 9 wins...

I know I should root for “my” team to win games and I will. That’s the “fan” in me. The rational side of me wants the Texans to position themselves for the future. I’d love to see this team abandon the patch-work veteran approach to “retooling” and go full bore youth movement. I’m tired of feeling that feeling that the Texans ownership is satisfied with mediocrity.
I don't know if they're satisfied with mediocrity as much as mediocrity is the only thing they know how to do. BTW Mediocrity is the high water mark for the McNair's Houston Texans. Texans Owner meddling in football operations = < average and ordinary.

Until they can hire a PROVEN WINNER whether it be a GM or a HC and then get the hell out of the way, nothing will change and < mediocre will continue to be the Texans MO.

Last edited:
I don't know if they're satisfied with mediocrity as much as mediocrity is the only thing they know how to do. BTW Mediocrity is the high water mark for the McNair's Houston Texans. Texans Owner meddling in football operations = < average and ordinary.

Until they can hire a PROVEN WINNER whether it be a GM or a HC and then get the hell out of the way, nothing will change and less than mediocrity will continue to be the Texans MO.
I could not possibly agree more. That said, I do think Kyle believes he found proven winners in Caserio and Easterby. And he has gotten out of the way, even allowing Caserio to not only hire the HC but also the new head coach’s staff. Culley is a head coach in name only. He’s a cheerleader for Caserio and Kyle.

The Texans coaching staff are comprised of yes men.

Ok, but does it make any more sense to praise a coaching staff and front office that has so little to go on up to this point?
Find any of my post where I praise the coaching staff and I will apologize for not being fair. In fact I have seen way more negative post in regards to DC than I have anything positive.

I am simply pointing out how some posters are critisizing DC with little to nothing to base that critisizm on. I do somewhat understand it though. We are at a dead period of time when it comes to football and there is not much to go on for the sake of conversation and debate. I am sorry if I got so upset over comments regarding DC and his style of coaching, I just think some people are reading too much into stuff like that given we have so little to go on.

In the mean time I will refrain from giving a darn what people say. Have at it.

Last edited:
6-9 wins as in being realistic for this season considering where we were.

I'd much rather they aim at 6-9 wins as opposed to 1 win.

It’s about building a winning culture. You see if they are able to win 6-9 games this season. That should be a plus. Why because of all the crazy stuff that transpired this off season led people to believe we will win only a game or two. They don’t have or see any hope. But if they win that many games, the Texans can build off of that. If things work out with D4 in a positive way. They will be able to use those assets to add to their foundation. That’s just makes those 6-9 wins look even better. Cause now the following season you might be able to win 10+.

Not my side, I’m on the wait and see and b!tch about things I see on the field side.

I’m just

x1h_XekzSuqfbfwxzjjycA.gif
Hmmm, clever way to make popcorn.

"Aim at"? What does that mean? The Texans have less talent know than the 4-12 2020 Texans had. How does that "aim at" any type of improvement?

Again every team has talent. Might not be the best but to say they don’t have talent is crazy talk. Teams have had great talent and didn’t do squat with it.

The Texans will have a talent deficiency versus every team they will play in 2021. That's not crazy talk. That's just reality.

Can’t say that until you see some games being played. But you have talent on the offensive line starting with Tunsil. Your running back group is very talented. Lindsay was on his way, very good back his first two years. Then he got injured. He’s very talented. Nico Collins will be a stud for us and you still have Cooks.

It’s gonna be up to coaching to maximize the talent level on this team and get the best out of them.

Like I said you can have the best talent aka Dallas Cowboys and still don’t do crap with it.

The rational side of me wants the Texans to position themselves for the future

Let's talk about this. Which team tanked to set them up for the future?

"We're" saying if we tank this season we'll be through the "rebuild" & on to success much faster.

In the last five years, which teams used this approach & have been successful?

For the sake of argument please don't say the Jets, or Jacksonville, or any team that hasn't realized that success. I know it's strongly believed that the Jets & Jaguars have a lock on the next 5 SBs... but they haven't won anything & have been tanking for a decade.

Can’t say that until you see some games being played. But you have talent on the offensive line starting with Tunsil. Your running back group is very talented. Lindsay was on his way, very good back his first two years. Then he got injured. He’s very talented. Nico Collins will be a stud for us and you still have Cooks.
I can say that and I will say that. The Texans have least talented offensive line in the division. The least talented RB corps. The least talented WR group. And by far, the least talented QB room. Let's not even bring up the defense, where Caserio did nothing to upgrade the 30th ranked unit in 2020.

The Texans will be crushed in division. Just as ugly outside the AFC South.

You don’t know that but if you say so. I guess you won’t be watching them this season then. Might as well since they’re gonna get crushed by every team.

I like our OL, WR, & RBs may not be the best in the division, but I think we'll be competitive.

I could not possibly agree more. That said, I do think Kyle believes he found proven winners in Caserio and Easterby. And he has gotten out of the way, even allowing Caserio to not only hire the HC but also the new head coach’s staff. Culley is a head coach in name only. He’s a cheerleader for Caserio and Kyle.

The Texans coaching staff are comprised of yes men.
I see it from a slightly different point of view. Jack Easterby has a very strong influence on Kyle and Janice. Easterby may've decided on Culley and got the McNair's approval before informing Caserio of the McNair's decision they wanted Culley as their new HC. See how that works? It was Easterby who hired Caserio. For all practical purposes Jack Easterby is Cal and Janice McNair's Houston Texans brain.

Last edited:
I see it from a slightly different point of view. Jack Easterby has a very strong influence on Kyle and Janice. Easterby may've decided on Culley and got the McNair's approval before informing Caserio of the McNair's decision they wanted Culley as their new HC. See how that works? It was Easterby who hired Caserio. For all practical purposes Jack Easterby is Cal and Janice McNair's brain.
Agree with strong influence but do not agree on the brain part. I think Janice firmly in control. Not saying that's a good thing...

Agree with strong influence but do not agree on the brain part. I think Janice firmly in control. Not saying that's a good thing...
No doubt she's the owner and in control. No argument there. That doesn't mean that Jack Easterby doesn't have a strong influence with her and can influence and sway her decision making regarding the Houston Texans. Janice is a devout Christian woman and may look upon Easterby as her pastor, an experienced NFL executive, advisor and counselor in helping and leading Janice to make what she believes are right decisions for the Texans and NFL. It was Easterby who convinced the McNairs to hire Caserio, to fire Bill O'Brien and several front office executives who had been with the Texans for many years. For all practical purposes Jack Easterby is the brains behind the Houston Texans. Neither Cal or Janice are prepared or confident enough to make important NFL decisions on their own and rely on Jack Easterby to help them do that.

Last edited:
6 to 9 wins...

Did you feel this way before the Perverts allegations surfaced?

I'm for this too. But you do need some veteran leadership.

It’s about building a winning culture. You see if they are able to win 6-9 games this season. That should be a plus. Why because of all the crazy stuff that transpired this off season led people to believe we will win only a game or two. They don’t have or see any hope. But if they win that many games, the Texans can build off of that. If things work out with D4 in a positive way. They will be able to use those assets to add to their foundation. That’s just makes those 6-9 wins look even better. Cause now the following season you might be able to win 10+.

My feelings wont be hurt if they win 1-3 games.

Hopefully Mills is the guy and they can add Stingley/Thibadeaux. both in the same draft. W/L's dont really matter this yr.

My feelings wont be hurt if they win 1-3 games.
It happens.

My point is every one in the FO, on the sidelines, on the field has to be working everyday to win every game. They all have to be working to get better everyday.

If the FO is tanking, players (like Jalen Ramsey) don't want to be there & waste a year of their short career.

It's a tailspin that is difficult to get out of. The Jets, the Jags... maybe they'll work themselves out this season, but they've been in it for a decade.

It happens.

My point is every one in the FO, on the sidelines, on the field has to be working everyday to win every game. They all have to be working to get better everyday.

If the FO is tanking, players (like Jalen Ramsey) don't want to be there & waste a year of their short career.

It's a tailspin that is difficult to get out of. The Jets, the Jags... maybe they'll work themselves out this season, but they've been in it for a decade.

I agree with the 1st paragraph.

The tailspin isn't hard to get out of if you have proper mgmt. Look at this last yr as an example, the Redskins went from worst to 1st, so did the Bucs. Turning things around can be done is the point I'm trying to make.

Look at this last yr as an example, the Redskins went from worst to 1st, so did the Bucs. Turning things around can be done is the point I'm trying to make
Turn around happen, I agree with that. The Bucs were a player away. The WFT are a player away. Both teams, imo, haven't been tanking. That's my point.

They haven't been very good, but have been working their way out. It's not ovee for WFT, but yeah. They look like they are on the right track. Miami may be as well. We'll see.

My memory may be failing me, but I don't remember firesales & dumping rosters from Tampa & Washington.

There's got to be a balance in improving the team today, with an eye on the future. Tanking, my definition totally disregards the current season.

Back