Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

CJ Stroud playing basketball at Snoop Dog's place

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How can you pump these guys when...

1) You don't know their choice for agent.
2) You don't know their S2 score.
3) They've never won a playoff game.
These are my thoughts going into the season. Let's see how it plays out. But I will tell you this, if any of these guys score on a VY, Stroud testing level, I'm out on them.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Short of multiple Super Bowl championships, MVPs, and a HoF career, I fully expect you to dog CJ like he owes you money until he's retired. lol
Yep. A Mod should just create a "SteelB: Not My QB" thread to centralize the redundant posts. We already know how he feels. The only open question is how many games it will take before he starts wishing injury on Stroud.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Yep. A Mod should just create a "SteelB: Not My QB" thread to centralize the redundant posts. We already know how he feels. The only open question is how many games it will take before he starts wishing injury on Stroud.
The only thing worse than @steelbtexan repeating what he says is other posters keep asking him to change his opinion. And surprised he won’t. It’s set. It over. Let’s move on.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If there's not a blue chip QB then you shouldn't be taking a QB at 1-2.
Big difference between none & "not a plethora"

I use quotation marks because those are the exact words I used. If you need help, PM me & I'll Google the words individually, send you links & help you put them together.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Big difference between none & "not a plethora"

I use quotation marks because those are the exact words I used. If you need help, PM me & I'll Google the words individually, send you links & help you put them together.
There wasn't a QB worthy of 1-2 this yr. Plethora or not.

banned1976

sleeper mode
There are those on both sides that are fueling the seemingly endless back and forth "rabbit hole." It's affecting the entire MB.

View attachment 12099
It is. For those of us not engaging in it, the board feels stagnant and annoyingly redundant right now. But I don't know what can be done about it. It's been going on for years and it's usually the same handful of members (on both sides of a given argument) that start it up. As long as they're following the board rules the rest of us have to just grin and bear it. Or leave.

Buckeye Homer

Rookie
Contributor's Club
It is. For those of us not engaging in it, the board feels stagnant and annoyingly redundant right now. But I don't know what can be done about it. It's been going on for years and it's usually the same handful of members (on both sides of a given argument) that start it up. As long as they're following the board rules the rest of us have to just grin and bear it. Or leave.
My brother, if the posts on this message board are your biggest issues facing you, I dare say that you are very blessed.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He's the 1-2 pick in the draft for a reason. Yes, that's exactly what I expect from 1-2:in a draft. Otherwise it's a waste of a pick.

Things like injuries change things, but I expect 1-2 to be Burrow like in short order, 3 years. If he's not then it will be wise to move on rather than sign him to the cap killing contract DM will want if Stroud is even a middling QB.

Good news is for his fans, as long as the fans comeback Cal won't care and he will pay Stroud regardless.
I'm just messin' with ya', man.

I enjoy your football takes, regardless if I agree with you or not. It's good to have diversity of opinion and perspective on the board.

The only thing I don't see eye-to-eye is holding the actions of the pervert against a 21 yo kid who just happens to share the same agent. Hopefully he's a better person and bigger man than the perv.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
It is a symptom of where the team has been the last few years. I would all the way to the QB carousel that OB put us on. OB had this team stagnant for years and then just blew it up. Several years of average than the last 3 years of being the worst in football. 2 of those years have been Culley and Lovie. No new players to get excited about. We couldn’t even be excited to watch the game on Sunday.

Several years of fire head coach
Several years of ownership sucks
Few years of hating Watson
Few years of get rid of Easterby
Few years of WTF is Caserio doing?

This past off season we finally add key free agents.
This draft we got top draft picks at key positions.

The conversations will evolve as the team does. We are just seeing the change start.

banned1976

sleeper mode
It is a symptom of where the team has been the last few years. I would all the way to the QB carousel that OB put us on. OB had this team stagnant for years and then just blew it up. Several years of average than the last 3 years of being the worst in football. 2 of those years have been Culley and Lovie. No new players to get excited about. We couldn’t even be excited to watch the game on Sunday.

Several years of fire head coach
Several years of ownership sucks
Few years of hating Watson
Few years of get rid of Easterby
Few years of WTF is Caserio doing?

This past off season we finally add key free agents.
This draft we got top draft picks at key positions.

The conversations will evolve as the team does. We are just seeing the change start.
I don't know, man. Do you remember the arguments had on this board over Brooks Reed? That's when the Texans were winning. And we don't even want to start on Rick Smith. Oops...

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don't know, man. Do you remember the arguments had on this board over Brooks Reed? That's when the Texans were winning. And we don't even want to start on Rick Smith. Oops...
It even goes back to David Carr, especially when his brothers were on the board arguing with us. It got to the point where his name was HWSNBN (and various incarnations) because of the redundancy.

If the internet had been around for the Oilers, it would have been an endless debate about Warren Moon and an infinite supply of hatred and belly aching about Bud Adams' terrible owner decisions. lol

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
If the internet had been around for the Oilers, it would have been an endless debate about Warren Moon and an infinite supply of hatred and belly aching about Bud Adams' terrible owner decisions. lol
And it goes much further back with the Oilers than Moon

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
It even goes back to David Carr, especially when his brothers were on the board arguing with us. It got to the point where his name was HWSNBN (and various incarnations) because of the redundancy.

I would like to say it’s not us, but if it is then this isn’t a message board - it’s a support group. For never having a Super Bowl winning team. Both NFL teams have gone through devastating disappointments. Oilers had the Buffalo game. Texans have 51-7.

I am holding out hope.

One reason is @Lucky.

He is just so optimistic now. He was a regular eeyore. But like he said - draft him a QB and DE in the first round and he would come around. Or something like that.

Hopefully we all will get the bug.

But, when we were winning with Kubiak there was the “Sunshine Club”.

Yea - this is a support group.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm just messin' with ya', man.

I enjoy your football takes, regardless if I agree with you or not. It's good to have diversity of opinion and perspective on the board.

The only thing I don't see eye-to-eye is holding the actions of the pervert against a 21 yo kid who just happens to share the same agent. Hopefully he's a better person and bigger man than the perv.
You are who you hang with is what I was taught.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Nonsense? It's not nonsense to question a person's association with a known sexual pervert. Watson also always refers to the Lord, and his godly upbringing and ways. I don't believe that Stroud is the pervert that Watson was. But I don't believe he made a smart decision to be associated in any way with a slime ball like Snoop Dogg who over the years has been multiply charged with hustling drugs, cocaine, assault, sexual assault and 1st and 2nd degree murders. Certainly someone I'd like to be seen with! [sarcasm, if anyone has any doubts]

All valid points. However, from what I've heard Snoop is not doing or being accused of anything now a days. He is also now coaching youth football. He even has a show Coach Snoop. So, maybe after all these years he has cleaned up his act.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
…and I was taught, “judge not, lest ye be judged”
Good for you, this just in we all will be judged one day. I don't like the person or the player. Is that to judgemental IYO?

Would you agree with the you are who you hangout with?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Didn't want another used Care

Wonder if Moon's wife beating ways would have come more to light?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I am a sixty something old white dude that's not into rap. Still wouldn't mind playing a game of horse with Snoop. People grow, I know I did thinks in my past that weren't social acceptable, but we grow and try to be a better person.
Well said my friend